Portugal - Lunch Out

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Minseok//

It must be some kind of freaking brilliant fate that Jongdae is not only sat next to me on the plane but also ends up going to exactly the same holiday resort as me.
Like, what are the chances, seriously. That's some freaking crazy timing.
This morning, I woke up thinking "here we go, another boring holiday" when Jongdae came bursting through my room door, yelling loudly about some sort of outing we were going on. And suddenly, I smiled and knew it would be a great holiday. 
It's also going to be the time when I figure out what I feel for the British kid. I mean, I kinda already suspect I'm falling for him: I literally couldn't stop sneaking glances at him on the plane and I don't want to admit I took pictures of him sneakily when he fell asleep, but I did. 
He looked hella cute, so who am I to miss that opportunity?
Although, at the back of my mind the whole time was Miyoung. I'm conflicted. 
On one hand, you have Miyoung, a girl I've crushed on for ages. She's pretty, funny, cute, kind, everything you could look for in a girl.
But then there's Jongdae, with his y brown hair, his incredible cheekbones and jawline and hell, those lips, those eyes. Not to mention how good his body is, and -
Okay. I think I need to stop.
It's just... She's cute and all, but he's dangerous. Attractively dangerous.
I need to get these thoughts out of my head. I'm in a relationship with a lovely girl. I'm not in a relationship with Jongdae, and that's totally fine. I think. 
"Minnie, Minnie!" Jongdae knocks on my door repeatedly before twisting a key in the lock and running in. I rub my eyes, yawning. 
"How the hell - what - Jongdae, what?" I say, confused, as Jongdae bounces around the room before falling onto my bed. He falls across my ankles, causing me to yelp loudly at the crushing weight. Jongdae laughs at me and I can feel the excitement coming off him in waves, because it's literally drowning me. Ugh. Why so early. 
"Come on Jongdae, a couple more hours." I groan, trying desperately to turn over and go back to sleep in the surprisingly lush and comfortable bed I have in this hotel room. But Jongdae is having none of it. 
He crawls up the bed and lies face to face with me, causing me to shriek when I open my eyes and find him there. He grins, eyes crinkling into the trademark Asian eyesmile.
"Nope! We're going out today! You, me, and our parents." He exclaims gleefully. "So you have to get up!" He yells, shaking my shoulders roughly. "Come on, I'll get an outfit out ready for you whilst you have a shower." 
He bounds off in the direction of my suitcase in the corner where I dumped it yesterday and starts rifling through the clothes for a suitable outfit. I sigh loudly and drag myself out of bed, conforming to Jongdae's request.
I shower quickly and examine my hair in the mirror. I always do it, to check the purple dye hasn't run out. Simply because my friend Yixing dyed his hair blonde once but the dye ran out of his hair within the first month and now he's back to his natural black colour. I bleached mine a little though, so I think I should be alright. I still check, though.
I exit the same bathroom to find Jongdae waiting patiently on my bed. "Min!" He calls, patting the bed next to him where he's laid out an outfit. Jeans, and a vest top. Exactly what I was going to wear anyway, but it still feels slightly more special because Jongdae picked it out for me. I smile awkwardly in thanks and pick up the clothes.
"Do you wanna, like..." I gesture for him to look the other way so I can put my clothes on. He blinks blankly for a couple of seconds before grasping what I'm asking and turning around to face the bathroom door. 
I remove the towel from around my body and throw on my clothes hurriedly, informing Jongdae when he can turn around again. Jongdae claps approvingly, before chucking me some sunglasses and a SnapBack from where they rested on top of a set of drawers, which I place on my head after carefully arranging my fringe so the purple section pokes out from underneath my backwards hat.
I lock the room door carefully after sending a good morning message via Facebook to all my friends and my girlfriend back home. Jongdae and I stroll down the corridor to meet our parents, chatting amicably together about things we never seemed to get round to mentioning in our millions of Skype chat rambles. 
I didn't notice before but my parents faces give it away as soon as we walk into the meeting area. Stifled giggles behind our Mom's hands and wide eyed looks from our Dad's makes me examine mine and Jongdae's appearances closely.
It doesn't take me long to figure out what is wrong.
Jongdae and I appear to be wearing matching couple outfits. 
Both wearing the same colours, the same clothes almost. My mouth gapes open in speechless shock and a choked laugh escapes me. 
"You look... Nice, boys." Mom murmurs, and I inwardly facepalm at Jongdae. I wonder whether he did this on purpose, and if so, why?

//Jongdae//

Here we go. Day one of seven or so with my crush.
Did you notice the matching outfits? Cute, right? Or weird. Hmm.
I hope Minseok doesn't think it's weird. I just thought... You know.
I watch Minseok's face flush as he realises how well coordinated we are. I have a feeling he won't trust me to choose his outfits from now on so its just as well I'm getting to flaunt this now. 
He might be embarrassed but I'm all for this, unfortunately for him.
I wonder how many people will think we're a couple? I hope they do.
The thought makes me smirk and Minseok narrows his eyes at me, so I morph my smirk into a sweet grin and blow a kiss in his direction before skipping off to follow my parents as they leave the building. Minseok huffs and follows after me, stomping his feet in frustration a little. He makes me chuckle and his childish antics are kinda cute.
You know, sometimes even I surprise myself with how gay I seem. 
Like, why do I find that cute. 
We stroll down the road into the nearest town or village type thing. Mum and Dad desperately wanted to take a day off from going to the beach seeings as we did almost nothing except that last holiday. So we ended up here, in a tiny little costal town just down the road from our resort. 
"Hmm, this is nice." Mum hums as she gazes up and admires the pretty houses with their white brick and tiled roofs, so different from the uniform row after row of the houses in the suburbs of England.
I know Mum wants a house like this, but England doesn't have the creativity, the time, the space or the need to do it, so she's gonna have to stick to admiring them from afar when we go on holiday to places like this.
Minseok ambles along beside me, hands shoved deep in his pockets. He walks stiffly, like he's got an awkward or he's trying to find the swagger that he ultimately doesn't have.
I mean, if you took in the fact he's wearing sunglasses and he has purple in his hair (which wow I still cannot get over) you might think he has at least a little bit of swagger but I think we all know that he's just a little puffball in reality.
"Minseok, you okay?" I ask, frowning.
He flinches slightly, as if he wasn't expecting me to speak. "Y-yeah." 
He now walks a least half a metre away from me. Before, our arms were almost touching, now someone else could easily fit through that gap. I pout, and try to unnoticeably close the gap between us.
After five minutes, success.
We get dragged in shop after shop after shop, aimlessly following our excited parents. It's getting to lunch time when they find another particularly large shop to go inside, and I know it's going to take them a good hour to get around it. I sigh internally, and turn to Minseok and roll my eyes. He suppresses a giggle, and smiles widely instead.
"Mum?" I call. She turns back absentmindedly, eyes still focused on the mediocre window display. 
"Yeah?" She responds, tapping a finger against the glass slightly.
"Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter