Jongdae - A Kind Gesture

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDENOTE: can any of you draw fanart or do edits? I'm really interested if any of you could do it for this fic! let's see how talented you guys are <333 

//Jongdae// 

"What?!" I exclaim, suddenly more awake now than I had ever felt before.
How could they do that to him? What kind of principles do they have that makes him get kicked out?
"I told them I was gay." Minseok sobs, and I have an overwhelming urge to encase him in my arms and never let go.
I run a hand through my hair, exhaling slowly. "Wow. Wow. Okay. God, that's such a move." I say, not quite sure what else to say. It's such an extreme situation and I can't exactly sympathise. I can't exactly say I didn't see it coming either, judging by the way his Dad looked down on me. He obviously assumed, or at least had an inkling that I myself was gay, and then maybe thought I was influencing his son...? Jeez.
Minseok is silent on the end of the line, and it suddenly occurs to me he might be sat in an empty bus stop on a windy American street getting very, very cold. 
"God, Minnie, where are you?" I ask, pacing backwards and forwards in my room. The worry has gripped me tightly, and it seems to be squeezing me around my waist as a low pain starts in my stomach. It's the only thing that distracts me from the loud creaking of the floorboard I keep walking over.
Minseok sniffs. "I'm in a hotel. I have savings, so I have a room, but they'll run out soon... maybe if I get a job, but..." he trails off, not wanting to acknowledge what might happen if the consequence arose.
I sigh with relief. At least he has a roof over his head, albeit an impermanent one. "Have you got all your stuff?" I ask, slowly going through the list of most important things that Minseok needs. Shelter and warmth, tick. But clothes to wear?
"Yeah." Tick. "I took them all when I left. I've got everything, Jongdae, everything I own is in this suitcase." he says quietly, and I don't know what makes me sadder: the fact that he's been kicked out or the fact that everything he owns fits into one suitcase.
I sit down on my bed, forcing myself to calm down. "It's going to be alright." I whisper, mostly for Minseok, but also to reassure myself. 
"It's just," Minseok suddenly lets out a breathy choke and something clunks loudly. "What if my money runs out? I don't have enough, Jongdae, not enough to survive for much more than a couple of days." 
I pout. God, what can I do for him?
I hear my parents snoring through the wall, and suddenly an idea forms in my mind. "I've got an idea, baby." I tell him.
"Huh?"
"Stay on the phone okay, baby? I'm going to rescue you. Don't move, okay? I'll be back." I promise, and Minseok agrees and I put the phone down on my bed and run down the hall to my parents room, bashing the door down to let myself in. I don't even care that they're sleeping: Minseok is out there on his own and as his boyfriend I'm going to help. It's only right, right?
Mum and Dad sit up in bed, rubbing their eyes and groaning. "Jongdae? What the hell, it's so early." Dad grumbles, trying to go back to sleep.
"No no no no, you have to listen to me." I say, switching the bedside light on. Mum groans louder and closes her eyes tightly against the intruding light. "Minseok - Minseok has been kicked out. Like, disowned or something." I say wildly, and Mum's eyes fly open in shock. I can already see the cogs turning in her brain, despite her being half asleep and still not actually knowing the full extent of mine and Minseok's relationship, or actually really knowing Minseok at all.
"What?"
"He told them he was gay. They kicked him out. He's in a hotel somewhere but he doesn't have enough money and I'm pretty sure he won't be able to get a job." I blurt out, and Mum snaps into action.
"Okay. I know I don't know him much, but you obviously care for this boy," she looks at me meaningfully, and in the low light I'm pretty sure she can still see me blush. "So this is what we're going to do. I'm going to pay for a plane ticket for him and he's going to get on it tomorrow, and he's going to come to England and live with us. How does that sound?" she proposes.
Dad, in his half sleepy state, mumbles a yes and turns back over. He seems rudely indifferent, but at this time of night he functions like a zombie. 
I nod furiously. "God, yes please." 
Mum swings out of bed and follows me into my room. She fires up my laptop and I grab my phone.
"Minseok?" I call, and he snuffles before replying.
"Yeah?" he says cutely. 
"We've got a plan." I tell him, and explain what Mum is doing at the moment. She browses the Heathrow website, and discovers the next flights. It takes an hour or so to settle the details, but soon enough, Minseok knows and is ready to get the plane to England. 
"Thank you so much, you guys. I owe you a hell of a lot." Minseok say tiredly. 
"No, it's okay. It's nothing. You would do the same for me." I protest. 
Minseok hums. "I'm gonna sleep now." 
"Okay," I say fondly. I glance at Mum, who's probably listening to my conversation with him but is also typing away. "I love you, Minnie." I say. 
Mum's typing freezes for a moment before resuming shortly after. 
"I love you too." he mumbles, and the line is cut.
"You guys are cute." Mum says, shutting off the laptop. 
I spin round to face her, throwing my phone on the bed. "What?" 
She smiles at me, eyes shining. "I always sort of knew you'd end up together." she admits.
I smile shyly, flustered. It's nice to receive compliments about my relationship, even if it's from my Mum. I hope she says these things to Minseok too, considering the reception he got from his own parents. I hope by bringing him here, he might gain confidence about who he is and come to terms with it. He's probably feeling very vulnerable right now and I want to help him flourish as his true flamboyantly gay self.
Mum kisses my cheek and ruffles my hair fondly before going back to bed. I do the same, switching off my bedside lamp and flooding my room in darkness. Only the light of my phone remains as I message Minseok the details for everything just in case he forgets.
The flight is in two days.
It's a jittery two days. I'm constantly jumpy, an excited smile permanently plastered on my face. I'm so jumpy that even Baekhyun and Chanyeol start to notice.
"Sit still, you're like a bloody puppy." Baekhyun jokes lightly, when he was sprawled out over Chanyeol on the sofa the day before Minseok's flight. 
"A beagle!" Chanyeol adds, a grin on his face. He runs his hands through Baekhyun's hair repeatedly and Baekhyun's eyes open and close lazily. His lips are parted slightly, giving me the slightest feeling he's enjoying the feel of of Chanyeol's hands in his hair a little more than he should. Normally, I would make a disgusting comment about s, but my mind is too preoccupied to even care that Baekhyun might be remotely aroused. 
'Maybe I might get some whilst Minseok is here...' I involuntarily think.
Chanyeol snorts. "Dude, you okay? Keep the thoughts PG whilst we're here, okay?" He laughs, and I glare lazily at him, too happy to care.
"Says you." I dig back, looking meaningfully at Baekhyun's content face. Chanyeol glances down at his boyfriend and his eyes widen slightly, his hand faltering in its movements. Baekhyun whines and tries to wriggle closer, causing Chanyeol to raise his eyebrows (if I didn't know him so well, I'd think the gesture was in exasperation). Chanyeol heaves himself off the sofa and pulls a wobbly Baekhyun up after him. "On that note, I think it's time to leave. Come on, Baek." he drags Baekhyun to the front door without looking at me.
I laugh. "Don't be too rough with him, Chan!" I call after, and he only swears in reply before hauling Baekhyun onto his back and slamming the door behind him. 
Silence in the house has resumed.
I lie back on the sofa, sighing. The clock on the wall tells me that in 24 hours, Minseok will be here. I squeal happily. 
My mind thinks back to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. As much as they're orientated, annoying s, they actually make a very cute couple.
Imagine Minseok and I doing those things.
Lying on the sofa with our legs entwined to watch TV.
Me carrying Minseok on my back if he's sleepy.
Sharing secret smiles and glances over dinner and giggling when we see each other doing it.
I'm going to make it as perfect as I can for him. He deserves as much.

Despite me whining and kicking up a fuss, Mum still makes me go to school the next day. I really wanted to go to the airport with her to pick Minseok up, but she insisted I value my education more than my love life. I just rolled my eyes when she said that, and shut up. There was no changing her mind. She's not a really strict Mum, but there's certain things where she just puts her foot down and there's no arguing with her. Skipp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter