Chanyeol - Meeting Minseok

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Chanyeol//

On my left, Jongdae slurps a carton of juice loudly as we walk to school. I amble alongside him, one headphone in, jamming to my favourite playlist. Baekhyun hums as he bounces along on my other side, in his happy bubble as usual. Suddenly he stops, balancing on the curb, biting his lip in a curious manner. 
"Hey, Kim." he says. Jongdae looks up, one eyebrow raised.
"What is it, Byun?" he returns, before sipping more of his juice. 
"When are you gonna introduce us to your significant other?" Baek asks, causing Jongdae to choke on his juice. He gasps, coughing violently. 
"Um." Jongdae sounds strained. "Hadn't really thought about it yet really."
Baekhyun huffs, hooking his pinkie finger through mine. "Well, start thinking about it. I want to meet him!" 
Jongdae sighs. "Do you have to? You'll terrify him, Baek."
Baekhyun gasps in mock offence, and kicks a stone into the road. "Whatever do you possibly mean by that, Kim Jongdae?!" 
Jongdae snorts and takes a smug sip of his juice. "I only made friends with you because I was too scared to say no." he says matter-of-factly, laughing a little.
Baekhyun crosses his arms, pouting. "You love me now though!" he protests. "Right?" 
Jongdae rolls his eyes and shakes his head, not replying. Baekhyun grumbles under his breath at Jongdae's lack of response. "Jongdae~" he whines. "You love me~"
Jongdae snorts. "Sure."
Baekhyun frowns at Jongdae's insincere answer. "I will switch your apple juice with my piss, you salty lamppost." he says in the most serious voice. I struggle not to burst out laughing at the constipated expression on his face, and end up just spluttering to myself silently. Baekhyun eyes me sideways as I fan myself to try and calm down, but he manages to keep the death glare going at Jongdae too.
Jongdae stops drinking and examines his juice carton. He shakes it, and shivers. "Suddenly, I don't want to drink it anymore." he murmurs, and I nod. I can sympathise. How can we know Baekhyun hasn't already switched them? It seems a very Baekhyun-like thing to do. 
Jongdae sighs as he chucks his half full carton in the bin. "I suppose I could let you meet him..." he muses. Baekhyun's face lights up, and he claps his hands together excitedly. "But I don't want to." Jongdae finishes, a smirk on his face. Baekhyun's face returns to being murderous, and I wonder if my boyfriend has got multiple personality disorder. His emotions are running wilder than usual this morning.
"Lol." Jongdae chortles. 
"Don't 'lol' me, you uneducated goose !" Baekhyun yells, causing a few innocent old ladies to gasp to each other. One of them faints as her friends mutter about 'youth these days'. My eyes widen at the sudden outburst and I slap a hand over Baekhyun's mouth. 
"Baek!" I hiss. "Seriously?" 
Meanwhile, Jongdae is splitting his sides from laughing. He howls in laughter. "Oh my god, Baekhyun!" he wipes a tear from his eye as his laughter subsides. "If it really means that much to you, sure you can meet him." 
Before Baekhyun can mutter anything else that needs to be censored, I agree to it and hurry the two idiots to class. 

Baekhyun turns up at my house far too early on Saturday. Luckily he has a key, seeing as we've been friends since forever, so I don't have to get out of bed to let him in. Not that it would've mattered, because as soon as he's shut the door and greeted my mother in his usual manner ("Waddup, Mama Park!") he runs upstairs and leaps on my bed as soon as he crosses into my room. 
"Chan!" he yells. "Get up! Get up, it's a big day today!" he says, straddling me and shaking my shoulders violently. I groan and try to pull the duvet over my head, although Baekhyun's fat is weighing the duvet down.
"Baek..." I mumble. "It's too early. Come to bed." I say, eyes still closed. Instead of trying to push him off, I tug at his arms to pull him down. He collapses on me heavily, managing to slap me across the face at the same time. 
"Chanyeol." he says, although with his face squashed against mine it sounds more like he's saying "chunyel". I catch a glimpse of his face in the mirror and laugh silently at the way his cheeks and lips have been squashed against my face. Unwillingly, I release him, and he springs up and off the bed, yanking my arm with him. "Chanyeol! We're finally meeting Minseok today! Get up! Why are you not excited?" he chirps.
I groan, glaring up at Baekhyun from my twisted angle. "Because it's hard to be lively when I'm rudely pulled out of my own bed against my will." I huff, swinging my legs round and rolling off the bed. I land in a grumpy heap on the floor, and Baekhyun chuckles at my disgruntled face.
"You're cute," he muses, before opening my closet. "Now get dressed."
I blow my hair from my eyes and roll my eyes. I only put up with this because I love him.

It's been two minutes since we picked Jongdae and Minseok up and Baekhyun hasn't shut up. He's been babbling constantly to Minseok, who he has linked arms with (I don't think Minseok permitted it) and he's been talking Minseok's ear off the whole time. To be quite honest, Minseok looks terrified, and Jongdae is sniggering although he still looks worried. 
I snort. "Baek, shut up. You're scaring him." 
Baekhyun blinks twice, studying Minseok's face. "Oh? Are you scared, Minseok?" he asks innocently. 
Minseok makes some sort of strangled noise and shakes his head. "Um. No? No." he says, although the way he stands stiffly next to Baekhyun gives away his lie. Baekhyun raises an eyebrow judgementally, and releases his grip on Jongdae's poor boyfriend. "Hmph." he pouts as Minseok immediately links his fingers with Jongdae's. I wrap an arm round my disheartened boyfriend and kiss the top of his head. 
"It's okay, baby. He knew you meant well." I whisper, squeezing him gently. 
Baekhyun sighs. "I was just trying to be friendly." he pouts, eyes droopy. 
A tap on the shoulder makes Baekhyun jump. 
"Baekhyun," a soft voice murmurs. Minseok looks at Baekhyun shyly, one hand still linked with Jongdae's. Jongdae has an adoring smiles on his face and I roll my eyes at his lovesick state. "Baekhyun, you don't have to try so hard. I'd like to think that any of Jongdae's friends are already my own, if you'll have me." he offers, and Baekhyun's face lights up. 
"Of course, of course!" Baekhyun shrieks, leaping on an unsuspecting Minseok and almost knocking him over. Jongdae reaches automatically for Minseok, putting a supporting hand on his back. 
Behind Minseok, something catches Baekhyun's eye and peak's his interest. 
"Mm, what's that smell?" he murmurs into Minseok's shoulder. "Wait. Is that? OMG." 
Jongdae sniggers. "Yes Baek, it is."
Baekhyun squeals. "Chicken! I ing want chicken wings!" he yells, suddenly letting go of Minseok and running towards the open shop. We tear after him, Minseok stumbling behind us with wide eyes. 
He's cute, I think to myself. I can see why Jongdae likes him.
Baekhyun bursts through the door to the chicken restaurant and sighs happily. "Heaven." he whispers, before continuing, louder. "Chan, please get us my favourite table." he asks, smiling cutely before skipping towards the bar. I manage to get a sneaky pat of his in before he gets out of arms reach and I go to find the table. Baekhyun's very particular: he has to have a table that's not near a busy part of the dining area, and mostly he likes to sit out the window so he can watch passers by and make snide comments

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter