England - Reunited

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Jongdae//

The airport is busy at this time in the morning. Minseok's flight comes into Heathrow this morning, and kindly I offered to nip into London to pick him and his family up. Honestly, I don't live that far from Heathrow, so it wasn't too much effort. Plus, like a child, I was too excited for his arrival that I didn't sleep in the first place. So I stayed up all night, and caught the first train into London. 
It's nothing, really. I'm 16 now anyway, so it's not like I'm irresponsible. I've taken the train on my own into London before for shows, or to meet Baekhyun and Chanyeol when they're in London and ask to meet up. Plus, the trains at this time in the morning are mostly empty or there's just people in suits heading to work. The drunks went home hours ago, and are usually bound out of London if they're drunk anyway, they don't wanna go back into the haze of London's crowds with a headache like that.
The train journey is long and boring. I've got the whole carriage to myself almost, apart from the guy hunched over at the end. He's in a suit though, I think he's just fallen asleep.
My headphones are safely lodged in my ears and I bob along to the music, watching the world whizz by. It's mostly trees, but houses creep in every so often as I make the transition from rural to urban. 
I smile softly. In the sky, I can see planes circling, waiting to make the descent, and I'm almost sure that one of those has Minseok and his family on. I breathe out, trying to calm my excitement. Don't be too hasty. Still got a while to wait.
The train pulls into the platform soon after that, and I hurry off to join the throng of zombie like passengers heading up onto London's streets. 
I take a diversion and head across to the London Underground platforms instead. I searched it up yesterday: there's a platform at Terminal five. It's connected to the underground trains, so I'll just take that. 
The journey is a lot shorter than I expected. I've only just put my headphones in and started the song when the radio voice says: "Terminal Five. This station is, Terminal Five. The next platform is..." 
I don't hear the rest because I bolt out of my seat and dash out of the door. I've never entered the airport this way before, because my family usually take the car and leave it in the airport car park. 
Heathrow is a bright contrast to the dark skies I saw on the train. I blink once or twice, and my hand shields the brunt of the brightness from my eyes. I hurry into the main airport, and head to the shops.
I need a piece of paper, and some pens. I'm going to write a sign, you know? Like people usually do when they go to pick people up at the airport. But when I get there, I'm distracted by all the food. My stomach grumbles loudly, and I realise I didn't eat more than a couple of biscuits when I left this morning. Sighing, I give in to my hunger, and head to the nearest Starbucks to grab myself a bite to eat.
One chocolate croissant and a milkshake later, I'm ready to go to get Minseok and his family. I buy a strong coffee for the journey, knowing there's a slight chance I might just keel over and fall asleep at some point. 
Minseok's flight has arrived, anyway. I should hurry to the departure area. There's already a crowd of people stood by the barrier, and I have to fight my way through to the front, unabashedly using my sharp elbows to get there. I ignore the disgruntled and tired shouts of annoyance behind me in favour of a clear view of the doors the passengers will come through.
It's barely a five minute wait before the passengers from the New York airport are stumbling through the doors in a whirlwind of heavy accents and sleep.
Minseok wanders through last, followed by his parents. I watch him in anticipation as he adorably rubs his eyes and yawns. I can imagine he slept on the plane, but right now he'd usually be asleep too. 
"Minseok!" I call. "Minnie!" 
He looks up, blinking. "Wha..." Then he spots me, and his frown breaks out into the biggest grin. 
He pulls his suitcase towards me, and I slip under the barrier and run towards him. I hate to be cliché and all (I don't) but I've waited for this for a while now and hell, I don't care who in this airport might judge us right now. 
I collide with Minseok and wrap my arms tight around him. He stumbles backwards, giggling, before dropping his suitcase and wrapping his arms around me too. My face is buried in his neck, and I can smell the remnants of his cologne on his skin. 
"Minnie. I missed you." I breathe, smiling into his skin.
"I missed you too, Dae." He returns, and I feel his body shudder as he says it. 
We stand, just hugging and remembering what it's like to be in each other's presence for a while. I don't want to let go. I like the way his body fits in the curve of mine, so if anyone's going to let go, it's going to be Minseok. Because I could hug him forever. 
But no, we have to go, dammit.
Mr Kim clears his throat. "Minseok, pick that suitcase up. I did not pay $100 for it to just lie on the floor." 
Minseok pulls away sheepishly and looks at me meaningfully. "Yeah, I know." He mutters and picks the suitcase up. His Dad watches him, and I can't see if his expression is angry, or he just is naturally pissed off: i.e resting face. 
We stand for a few awkward moments before I clap my hands and fake a smile. 
"Shall we go, then?" I offer, and Minseok's Mum visibly relaxes. 
"Yes. Please." She breathes. I lead them towards the terminal five train, and we fall down in the seats. 
"Holy crap, I'm so tired." I whisper in Minseok's ear. He chuckles.
"Same." 
I'm about to reply, but suddenly I feel a soft weight on my shoulder. Minseok's hair tickles my neck and I smile. 
Slyly, I peek at his sleeping face. His eyelashes flutter as he awkwardly falls into a deeper sleep, and I can feel his breath cool against my neck. He huffs quietly, pulling at his lips with his teeth as he readjusts himself against my shoulder. 
To put it simply, he looks nothing short of ethereal. 
He's pretty.
He smiles in his sleep, I learn. Or maybe he's just having a nice dream. I like to think he's dreaming about me. 
His fingers tighten on my arm and I suddenly make up my mind. 
I close my eyes. Today's the day, is the last thing I think before leaning my head on top of Minseok's and falling into a sleep of my own. 
I hear Minseok's Mum murmur something to his Dad. "They're cute, huh?" it sounds like.
He just grumbles in return though, and I'm pretty sure I slept with a frown on my face. 

Mrs Kim shakes me awake when we arrive at the station. "This is the one, right?" She asks. Mr Kim is stood impatiently with the cases. 
"Hm? Yeah." I mutter. Minseok gasps himself awake, rubbing his eyes. "Hey, sleepy." I smile, and he grins back.
"Hey." His eyes still look heavy, laced with tiredness. I can't help but think: this is something I could wake up to every morning. I wish I could look this flawless when I wake up. I look like a mess when I've just woken up.
"Come on, then." Mr Kim huffs. 
Mrs Kim pats his shoulder. "Let Jongdae and Seok go first, eh? You don't exactly know where you're going, do you, honey?" She suggests, much to Mr Kim's apparent disgust. He begrudgingly lets me and his son shuffle past, and I offer a smile as a peace offering. Haughtily, he smiles back. He must think he's better than me, I think to myself with a snort. He's an , that's the long and short of it.
"Sorry about Dad," Minseok apologises quietly. "He's not usually like this, I swear."
I shrug. "You don't have to apologise. I get it, he doesn't like me. That's not your fault, Min." I say, leading them off the train and towards the road I live on. It's not more than a five minute walk away really, and I would hail them a cab, but I just want to rile Mr Kim up even more. It's enjoyable.
"Yeah, but I feel bad." Minseok mumbles, careful not to let his parents overhear. "Plus, he does like you!"
I scoff. "Hardly. He's always like this when I'm around you." 
"Really? Oh." Minseok quietens, obviously having not realised before.
I chuckle and swing open the gate to my house. "We're here." I call to his parents, despite me finding that fact rather obvious. Mrs Kim smiles.
"We're really ever so grateful for this, Jongdae. I really wish to repay you one day." She smiles, but it's extra big and fake. I mirror her smile.
"It's not necessary." I force out. It's not necessary because I just want to see your son again, I add in my head. Because, funnily enough, I think I'm love with him. Fun fact.
I step inside my house, and I can hear my parents rushing round to do last minute tidying. "Please take your shoes off," I gesture to a shoe rack they can dump their shoes on. "Mum!" I yell. "We're back!"
Mum rushes out. "Hello, hello! Sorry, we're a bit hectic. Come in, come in." She hurried them through into the lounge, and Dad comes in a minute after to take the bags upstairs. 
Minseok declines my offer of a drink, and so I lead him up the stairs, towards my room. 
He overtakes and pushes the door open eagerly. "Wow," he breathes. "So this is your room in real life." he sounds awestruck, and it suddenly strikes me that he's only ever seen my room through a pixel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter