France - Fond Farewells

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Jongdae//

And just like that, the holiday was over.
I was so immersed in drowning myself in as much Minseok as I could that I completely didn't see the end of the holiday approaching. 
It came too soon, if you ask me. 
"Jongdae, wake up!" Mum calls. I blink my eyes open wearily, rubbing them. 
"Wha-what?" I yawn. Sunlight streams in through the gap in the compartments. It momentarily blinds me and I roll over onto my front and bury my face in the pillow until I can stand the light. 
My Mum yanks open the compartment door and turns me over furiously.
"Yah, Mum, what the hell?" I exclaim. Mum rolls her eyes. 
"Jongdae, you need to pack. We are leaving today." She instructs me before grabbing the duvet from me and rolling it up messily. 
If she'd done that in England, I'd have flinched at the cold. Instead, the humid Mediterranean air hits my bare legs and I wriggle happily. 
I can hear footsteps against the canvas floor and stay where I am, assuming it's Mum, until I hear the familiar charming voice call my name. 
"Jongdae?" Minseok calls, sounding slightly surprised. 
Still lying down, I glance over my shoulder. Minseok is stood holding the compartment open, looking slightly shellshocked. I don't understand what he's looking at until I hear Mum chuckling in the background.
"Oh, did I forget to mention? He doesn't sleep with a t-shirt or pants on... Just boxers." She laughs casually, and Minseok goes bright red.
"I - I'm sorry. I'll j-just leave." He stammers, bowing his head repeatedly in apology. I roll onto my side, raising an eyebrow.
"You never seen another guy in his underwear before?" I try to sound cocky and confident but inside I'm dying. 
Minseok walked in on me in my ing underwear, for god's sake. And he was all cute and blushing about it.
"U-uh, no, not recently..." He mumbles. I laugh. 
"Aw, our Minnie is so innocent." I tease.
"Yah, shut up!" He protests. I stand up and walk closer to him. Minseok kind of freezes and his eyes stay wide, unblinking. Whether he's staring at me or kinda past me I don't know, but he's certainly quite nervous. 
The sunlight blaring in creates quite an angelic aura around Minseok, and I have to smile. "Minseok," I call, waving my hand in front of his staring eyes. "Minnie~" 
He blinks suddenly, his head shaking a little. "What?" 
"You were staring at me. Liked it that much, huh?" I strike a provocative pose in front of Minseok, who shields his eyes. 
"My innocence." He wails. I roll my eyes and push past him into the main area of the tent. 
"Mum," I yell. "Where're my clothes?" 
She directs me to a folded pile of clothes stacked upon suitcases that are bursting at the seams. I check them, confirming they're mine, before heading back into my compartment. Minseok follows me absentmindedly, glancing away every time I look at him. 
I dump the clothes on my bed carelessly before turning to him. 
"Look, Minnie, I know you love my body and everything, but unless you wanna see me can you get out? I'd like to get dressed." I say, giving him a gentle poke.
He blinks, unmoving. 
"Minnie, is there anyone in today?" I tease, knocking on the side of his head. 
"Oh - oh. You are getting dressed now?" He asks, suddenly picking up on the situation.
I nod my head. "So unless you wanna see my fabulous , get out." I shoo a very red Minseok out of my compartment, grinning. This time he goes very willingly. 
It only takes about two seconds for me to throw my clothes on before I creep out. Minseok is stood with his back to me, looking out of the front door and across the campsite. I tiptoe towards him, deciding that as it's our last day I can afford to tease and be affectionate towards him for a laugh (and also to satisfy my feelings for him, but let's not mention that).
He doesn't hear me behind him which is a miracle to be honest, and I manage to slip my arms around his waist. They link comfortably around his hips, and I marvel at how slim and precious he feels.
Minseok lets out a little shriek. ", Jongdae, you scared me!" He gasps.
I chuckle quietly, resting my chin on his shoulder. I wanted to do the stereotypical back hug thing and rest my forehead on the nape of his neck, but I guess that would be pushing our totally platonic relationship a little bit far.  
Eventually I feel him relax against me and my eyes flutter shut at the feeling of his body against me. It's a nice feeling, quite comforting. 
Minseok hums quietly. "Now I know how it feels to be Miyoung." He chuckles. 
I stiffen slightly at the mention of his girlfriend. "How so?" 
"I always do this for her. You know, a back hug. She's never done it to me, but now I know what it feels like. It's nice." 
I grit my teeth as he talks about Miyoung. I can't help but strongly dislike (I can't say hate) the girl, because she's ing me. So inconsiderate. 
"Wanna take a walk after I've eaten?" I say, changing the subject. I also let my arms fall from around his waist, not in the mood anymore.
Minseok sags slightly when my arms are removed from him but I ignore it and he also seems to let it pass. "Yeah, sure."
I'm quick to stuff a croissant down and after a rushed glass of water, Minseok and I start to stroll across what is quite a picturesque campsite. We wander slowly towards the shop area, which is situated on the edge of a cliff, overlooking a bay. It's so early though that the restaurant isn't open and the pool is still drained. I shudder at the memories of teaching Minseok to swim, only trying to focus on the good bits where he was tired and overly affectionate. My cheeks warm at those particular memories. 
Minseok wanders over to the safety fence and pokes his head through. 
"Ah, the view is so nice." He hums, closing his eyes to let himself be swept up by the salty sea air and the far away sounds of the rolling waves. 
I make a slightly strangled noise of agreement. To be honest, my view is more than nice.
Minseok's profile is actually beautiful. Like, his expression is so serene. A slight smile plays on his lips and his eyes are gently closed. I never noticed his eyelashes before but they are actually kinda long and dark. Some may think it's weirdly feminine but I think it suits him perfectly. 
"What are you smiling at?" Minseok says. I realise I must have a stupid grin on my face, thinking about Minseok just does that to me. I know when I'm doing it; Mum gives me a weird look every time. 
"Nothing." I mumble. He's opening his mouth to reply when I grab his hand. "Come on, this way," I pull him towards a gate in the fence. "There's a path here. It'll take us round the bay." I say, desperately changing the subject. 
Minseok follows willingly, curious. The path changes from the tarmac restaurant area to a dusty, rocky ground. a few sparse trees line the edge of the path but mostly it's just the edge of the cliff. Luckily it's not too high, just over a two metre drop to the beach below. 
Minseok treads carefully next to me, not wanting to twist his ankle on the uneven path. We walk in silence, however it's not uncomfortable. Minseok admires the view across the sea, and I admire my personal view; Minseok. 
I know it's silly to say, but I think I'm not far from completely falling for my little chubby cheeked baozi. Everything about him makes me happy, from his smile to the cute noise he makes when he doesn't get what he wants.
"Yah, Dae, look!" Minseok clambers over the boulders to the edge of the cliff. "Ah, it's so high!" He calls, his voice being whipped away by the wind. I mumble in response, afraid to go as close to the edge as Minseok. 
I watch him, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter