Minseok - A Fresh Start

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*sorry for any mistakes I just wanted to updated asap

//Minseok//

I have to admit, it took me less than three days to feel like I'd been living with Jongdae my whole life. 
Honestly.
I've never met a family so happy, so welcoming, so kind. It was almost as if they were doing everything they could to make me feel welcome whilst making sure not to make a massive fuss over me at the same time. I'd been worried, as any person would've been, when I arrived at Heathrow. I was nervous of how his Mom would receive me, if she would be nice or impatient when collecting me. I was in a shaky and fragile mood and consequently at one or two points on the flight I'd had to go and hide in the toilet on the plane to get all the tears out and pull myself together. I'm pretty sure the flight attendant knew what I was doing, as she slipped me a packet of tissues to use instead of the scratchy plane toilet roll. 
But really, I had nothing to fear. His Mom was so nice and smiley and friendly that she just hugged me when she met me at the gate and she made sure I never left her sight the whole time, keeping a protective and comforting hand on my back. For the first time at an airport, I felt safe. That, along with seeing Jongdae again, was the moment I knew that I had been blessed to have met this family all those holidays ago. Although really, it's not even been a year yet, but it's been the craziest and best few months of my life.
She drove us home swiftly, and we chatted a bit, my awkwardness slowly melting away as she got me to open up and talk about myself. I was initially worried I was boring her with my dull life stories, but her genuine smile and sparkly eyes reassured me soon enough that she was interested. 
"You're charming," she commented as we pulled up into the drive outside Jongdae's house. "No wonder my Jongdae fell for you."
I simply blushed and hid my face behind my hands. 
Seeing Jongdae again can only be described as bliss. If it's possible to fall in love with someone more and more each time you see them, then it definitely happened when I saw Jongdae. I just wanted to hug him and kiss him and never stop, never let go of him. I wanted to feel his softness underneath my fingertips and hear his voice whispering sweet nothings in my ear. To hear him say those three little words that I never in my wildest dreams thought would mean so much to me. 
Jongdae and I have been inseparable ever since I arrived. To an extent, anyway, because I'm not registered at Jongdae's school yet and the school year is not yet over. Just a week or so more and then it's the summer holidays, and that means six weeks of being able to be glued to Jongdae's side. 
-
I open my eyes and stare at the creamy expanse of Jongdae's ceiling. My eyes wander around his room, as they have done every morning I've woken up in his bed, and look at the photos hung on his walls, the figurines lining his shelves, the clothes strewn over the floor. Some are mine, some are his. The fact that it doesn't matter who's clothes we're wearing doesn't matter to either of us anymore is one of the small things that just makes me smile.  
I roll over in bed and am met with a peaceful, sleeping Jongdae. That's something I'm still not used to: waking up and feeling a comforting warmth next to me in bed. It's so much better than the lonely cold the other side of my double bed in America was. Sleeping next to Jongdae sounds perfect, and you know what? It is.
Except for the fact that Jongdae is not exactly the prettiest of sleepers. I chuckle at his face, which is kind of scrunched up and his mouth hangs open, quiet snores escaping it. That's the way I prefer it though, because if Jongdae didn't have any flaws then I think I wouldn't actually believe that he's real. I'd have to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming all of this. 
Yawning, I pull the duvet back up to my chin and wriggle in closer to Jongdae. I curl up against his chest, stealing his warmth. He snuffles and wriggles a bit due to my intrusion. "Hmm? Minnie?" he mumbles, putting an arm over my shoulder. The cold tips of his fingers brush my shoulder, and I jump a little at the touch.
"Sorry for waking you up." I whisper, nuzzling my nose against his collarbone. Jongdae chuckles quietly, and I feel the sound vibrating through his chest. 
"It's okay," Jongdae reassures me, squeezing my shoulder. His eyes flutter open, meeting my own immediately, and we both smile lazily at each other. "I don't mind waking up if it's you I'm greeted with." Jongdae says unabashedly, and I whine and hide my face in his chest. If Jun was here, he'd definitely have puked at the cheesiness, but Xing would have cooed at us and probably taken photos. 
"Stop saying these things!" I protest, wriggling insistently further down under the duvet to hide my blushing cheeks. 
Jongdae laughs. "Why should I?" 
"Because... because... ahh, I don't know! Because it makes me feel all fluttery inside!" I exclaim.
Jongdae just tuts and sticks his hands under the duvet, tracing down my sides gently. I shiver under the touch, his fingers ghosting over my skin and alighting my nerves, before he suddenly ruins the peace and starts violently tickling me. It's annoying that I'm so ticklish and he knows where to do it: I shriek loudly and squirm immediately, taken by surprise and now desperately trying to escape his tickles. But he encases me in his arms and still manages to tickle me, leaving me no choice but to endure his advances. I'm pretty sure I kick him once or twice in my hysteria as his fingers scrabble at my sides. Jongdae laughs hysterically, his signature cackle ringing out loud across the bedroom. 
"Stop!" I gasp, eyes wide but laughing. "Jongdae, I can't breathe." I wheeze, and finally he stops, his laughter not ceasing and he chuckles as he looks at me.
"Aw, Minnie," he coos, pinching my flaming cheeks. "You still love me, right? You'll forgive me?~" he says, blinking cutely.
I sigh and consider slapping him on the cheek to try and prove him wrong, but I know it's no use. He's doing that face. You know, the face where you can't help but give in. The big eyes and the adorable pout. 
I sigh and give up, tangling our legs together softly instead. "Of course. How could I not?" I say quietly, running my fingers through Jongdae's hair lovingly. I'm lying on my side so it's a bit of an awkward angle, but the sentiment is there. I know Jongdae understands, because he smiles that smile I love so much, his eyes crinkling in happiness. He wriggles foreword and kisses me forehead, and we're so close now that I can feel his gentle breaths on my skin. He wraps his arms arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter