Jongdae - My Sneaky Plan

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Jongdae//

As soon as I'd reached out to Minseok and we'd had that... unusual skype chat for the first time, it was almost as if we couldn't spend a minute in the day without talking to each other. 
We'd do our homework together via video chat, me sitting in the dark at midnight scribbling a stupid essay and knocking back the coffee whilst Minseok tuts at my appalling attitude to homework. He can't talk, I know he does his whilst I'm asleep because America is eight hours behind England. 
When it is socially unacceptable to be glued to our laptop screens talking to each other we are usually messaging each other, so much so that Mum had to agree to upgrade me to a contract with unlimited messaging just so my phone bills wouldn't skyrocket again and again and again.
Halloween, Christmas and New Year came and went quite quickly in reality and soon enough, it's nearing the February half term and my family are brain storming ideas for our first holiday of the year. They do this every year, wanting to go away on holiday at every possible opportunity. We always have to go somewhere exotic as well. I've never had a holiday up north where there's hills and rolling landscapes and rain. We always have to do the sun, sea, and sand type of holiday. we're not paricularly well off so I don't understand why my parents blow money on holidays like this, but I know we're rich enough not to go into debt every time.
Apparently, Minseok's family are also looking to go away this half term.
As I discovered on one of our rambling video chats. Another one.
"Ugh, Dae, I've had such a stressful day." Minseok starts the conversation off with a sigh, flopping down in the black spinning chair I'm oh so familiar with, having to stare at it a lot when Minseok accidentally falls off it in his sleepiness. I don't mind much of the time though, it's adorable and makes me chuckle.
"How come?" I ask, leaning towards the screen and resting my chin on my hand. 
He runs an exasperated hand through his shiny hair which is now dyed back to his natural black colour with a hint of purple in it. I have to say, it's quite irresistible.
Minseok sighs once more, spinning the chair round once before speaking. "My parents are stressed, therefore I am stressed. Because when they are stressed, they argue..." Minseok sniffs, rubbing his eyes furiously. "A-And I don't like it when they argue." He stutters slightly, and I pout at his obvious mood swing. "I'm scared they'll get divorced, Dae." Minseok says the last bit so quietly I almost don't catch it.
"I'm sure they won't, Min." I empathise.
He looks up at me with big eyes, sniffing. "You don't understand, Dae."
I pause for a second. "Help me to understand then." I say, sitting back in my chair slightly, waiting for Minseok to divulge the story.
And quite a story it is. 
"So, your Dad moved out for a week or so, is that right?" I say, eyebrows creased. It was kind of hard to follow his babbling, but amongst the stuttering and mumbled words I think I got the gist. 
Minseok nods slowly. "It was the scariest thing ever. I was so scared he'd never come back." 
That seems to be the thing that breaks him; pushes his stress levels over the edge. He bursts into tears, big, ugly tears. I bite my lip, worried. I feel like I went too far, I shouldn't have asked. 
"Ah, Minnie... I'm sorry." I say quietly, damning the distance between us to hell. 
"It's n-not your f-fault." He sobs, gasping for breath to try to stop. 
"No, it is." I insist. "I shouldn't have pried. It's obviously something you're fragile about." I say reassuringly. To be honest, he's just a very fragile person. And of course, because I think I'm in love with him means I feel an urge to know everything about him yet I don't want to make or see him cry. And yet I only managed one of those things within half an hour of me talking to him.
My annoyance at myself is making me want to join in his crying. Mostly I'm annoyed because I made him cry and I'm not there to snuggle him up into a hug and comfort him and whisper in his ear that I'm here and everything is alright.
"No, it's fine," Minseok blows his nose loudly. "I need to get over it. Jun keeps telling me I need to man up. He's like, 'stop being such a girl about everything, Minseok'." He shrugs. 
I frown. Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter