Jongdae - To Confess Or Not To Confess

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#selfspon - check out my new fic with my friend It's Just A Love Story. It's OT12, all pairings. Thank you if you do! Means a lot <3

//Jongdae//

I know I should've talked to Minseok more since Portugal but in reality, there's been too much on my mind. 
I've decided. It's time.
I'm going to confess to Minseok. 
I don't care anymore. I need to tell him. 
I know he might reject me. But that's the thing about not seeing him in real life - I don't have to deal with awkwardness. 
I take a deep breath and rest my head in my hands. I swear I've been thinking about this all day. 
I wanna make it special. He deserves it I think - in my mind, he's the most special and precious person and I want to romance him. Ideally, I'd like to do flowers and cupcakes and rose petals and all that jazz, but isn't that a bit... girly?
I chuckle. 
Should I do cologne and a football or something?
Nah. He'd probably hit me. 
I think he plays football, but those gifts aren't really suitable for a confession. They're not romantic enough. 
I groan. How do I do this?
My phone buzzes. My brain automatically thinks 'Minseok?' but when I open my phone, it's not. It's Baekhyun.

From: Puppy No.1
Yo yo yo Dae! what's uuuuuuuuuuuup

I snort.

To: Puppy No.1
Are you like drunk or something

From: Puppy No.1
noooooo
...
at least I don't think sOOoOoO

I sigh just as a message from Chanyeol comes in. 

From: Puppy No.2
He's drunk. Can we come over?

To: Puppy No.2
I suppose

I click my phone shut. I don't even want to know how Baekhyun got drunk - I mean, he can't have been clubbing or something, it's only just gone lunchtime. I mean, he could've gone clubbing, but knowing Baekhyun, he wouldn't, and anyway Chanyeol isn't up for getting drunk before 6pm.
Half an hour later, my doorbell rings. I ease myself down the stairs, stiff from sitting in the same position for so long. 
The knocking volume increase with every step I take. 
"Alright, I'm coming, calm your !" I yell at the door, earning a glare from my mum. I fiddle with the lock hurriedly, listening to Baekhyun and Chanyeol outside. Baekhyun is giggling. 
I sigh.
I swear to god, if Baekhyun is drunk I will cry. Last time he was drunk I got a and he tried to make out with me before Chanyeol grabbed him round the waist and hauled him away.
I take a deep breath, bracing myself, before I plaster a grin on my face and throw open the door. 
Chanyeol sighs in relief. "Jongdae. Thank god." 
He stumbles past me into the house, dragging a very wobbly Baekhyun behind me. Baekhyun waves at me merrily and messily tries to avoid walking into the wall.
"Can I bring him to your room?" Chanyeol asks, looking stressed. I nod worriedly, hiding a snigger that almost escaped.
I shut the door behind us, warning my mum not to come upstairs and bother us. She nods, raising an eyebrow at Baekhyun and I just shrug in response. I don't know either. 
Baekhyun lies on my bed. 
"Chanyeol? What happened, dude?" I ask, looking at the puppy boy confusedly. 
Chanyeol shrugs. "I don't know?" 
"Well, why was he drinking?" I ask, guessing that that's a pretty logical place to start. He's obviously tipsy, that's a given. 
"That's the thing!" Chanyeol exclaims. "He wasn't!" He pauses, scratching his head. "At least, I don't think he was."
I snort. "Dude, this is Baekhyun. Where there's alcohol, you'll find him drinking it." 
Chanyeol shrugs in agreement. "I guess. But like, I swear someone put like shots into the drinks? Could've sworn mine tasted like alcohol." 
I wrinkle my nose and sit down in my desk chair. "Where the hell were you?" 
"Jackson's birthday thing." Chanyeol says, frowning. 
"Oh yeah." I nod. I wasn't invited, because personally I find the guy a little bit of a pain in the , but I know Chanyeol's good friends with him. "Why would Jackson spike the drinks though?" 
Chanyeol shrugs. "Dunno. All I'm thinking is that at least it wasn't drugs. Because who knows what Jackson takes these days." He laughs half heartedly, staring at his boyfriend who is lying on my bed and playing with his fingers. 
I laugh in agreement. "True."
We sit in worried silence. I blank out, mind wandering to other places. 
Minseok, Minseok, Minseok.
"What?"
I blink. "What?"
"You said something." Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. "What did you say?"
, I said that out loud?
I laugh awkwardly. "Nothing, I said nothing." 
Baekhyun sits up suddenly and shakes his head insistently. "No! I know what you said!" He exclaims. "You said Minseok." He says proudly, and Chanyeol nods.
"I thought you did!" He grins. "What happened between you and Minseok, Dae?" 
"nOTHING!" I exclaim, waving my hands around in denial. 
Chanyeol nods along, humouring me. "Of course, of course." 
He folds his arms and steps towards to me, a devilish look on his face. Baekhyun (in his wobbly state) cutely attempts to copy his boyfriend. He just about manages the arm folding, but he stands up to get closer to me and promptly falls flat on his face. 
"Ouch." He mumbles into the carpet, not making any attempt to get up, and if anything he nestles further into the softness of it. Chanyeol laughs at his puppy boyfriend, and gently pokes Baekhyun's with his foot. Baekhyun cries out and waves his hand around in an attempt to push away the foot, but only succeeds in hitting himself. 
I snigger as Chanyeol does it again. Baekhyun lifts his head up from the carpet and pouts at the taller, who only blows a teasing kiss in response and turns back to me. 
"So, Jongdae. You and Minseok." Chanyeol starts.
"No," I say, stopping him before he can go any further. "No, no, no, and no. I'm stopping you right there." I say firmly.
Chanyeol grins. "So something did happen!" He deduces, and takes another step towards me. Baekhyun, who has pulled himself into a cross legged sitting position, pulls himself towards me with his hands. 
I try and wheel my desk chair away from the smirking pair, but only manage to corner myself by the window. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter