It's All Coming Together

Teacher Taemin

                           **** Two months later

                           It's a been two months, yes two months, and Jongin has not yet found a way to deal with his uncontrollable crush on Mr. Lee. He found himself thinking of him even more than he already was. He couldn't pay attention much in class, which drove his grades down even more. His friendship with Kris was unstable at the moment. And he was almost caught by Mr. Lee checking him out one time. All this because Mr. Lee was kind of hot, he thought. He couldn't believe a teacher was doing this to him. A teacher of all people. He couldn't have had an unexpected crush on one of his best friends? No, it had to be his teacher.

                           Jongin strolled along the sidewalk, hands in his pockets, on his way to the bubble tea shop. Sehun was rubbing off on him now. He entered the quiet and small shop and went up to the register to order. After getting his drink, he walked out to go to the park. 

                           He sat under a big tree with plenty of shade, and sipped his drink in peace. As he sat he, of course, thought about Mr. Lee's tight jeans that hugged his on friday. He mentally scolded himself for thinking that way, again. He was so immersed in his thoughts that he didn't register that there was someone walking by him. He looked up to see his teacher. Of course. Life must hate me.

                           His eyes slowly scanned up Mr. Lee's body until he reached his face.

                           "Hello Jongin.", a big grin spread across his face.

                           "Hey Mr. Lee.", he muttered.

                           "Oh don't call me that here. Call me Taemin.", he said.

                           Taemin, such a beautiful name.

                            "What brings you out today?"

                            "Nothing, just thought i'd get out of the house and take a walk.", he replied.

                            "Yeah I thought i'd do the same, it's a beautiful day out.", he looked around while saying so.

                             "Yeah."

                             The two faced each other awkwardly for a few seconds. Jongin stared down at the ground trying to figure out what to say next.

                             "So, how's the rest of your classes going?" Jongin knew where this conversation was going right after he asked that question.

                             "They're fine.", he muttered.

                             Taemin looked unconvinced and gave Jongin a look. "Are you sure? It seems lately you've really been distracted."

                             "Yes Mr. Le-, Taemin. Everything's fine."

                             "Alright. So I guess i'll see you monday.", he said before walking in the opposite direction.

                             Jongin panicked a bit. He didn't quite want to stop walking to Taemin. He quickly asked a question to get him to stay a bit longer.

                             "What were you doing today?", he called out.

                             "Um, just out and about.", he replied. "Why? What's up?"

                             "Would you like to... get liquid nitrogen ice cream with me.", he didn't really know why he said something like that. But apparently Taemin seemed to be thinking about it. He chuckled before saying.

                             Taemin raised his eyebrows at Jongin. "Liquid nitrogen ice cream?"

                              "Yeah it's good. Trust me you'll love it.", he tried to convinve him.

                              "Sure.", he flashed Jongin a huge smile.

                              Jongin led the two the ice cream shop down the street, his heart at a rapid pace. At that moment he was so engrossed in walking that he didn't realize they were walking too close, and they bumped hands. Jongin went to apologize profusely to Taemin and tried to create as much distance between them as possible.

                              ****

                              The ice cream shop was small, and barely had enough seating. They went up to the counter to order. Taemin's face in concentration trying to figure out what to order. Jongin saw his struggle, and recommended the one he always got. Taemin smiled and thanked him for his suggestion.

                              As soon as they got their orders, they looked for seating at a random cafe across the street. 

                              Jongin stared at Taemin as he engulfed the ice cream between his lips. 

                              "Mmm this is so good!", he said.

                              "Isn't it?", he laughed. 

                              "How did you find out about this place? I didn't know this place existed until today."

                              "Me, Kris, Sehun, and Chanyeol come here every one in while. We just stumbled upon this place randomly. We decided to try it, a year later we're still obssessed."

                              "That's cool, that you have a group of friends like them, even though they still cause me trouble.", he smiled.

                              "Yeah, we've been friends forever.", he said, his mind drifting.

                              "Is everything alright with you and Kris?", he asked all of a sudden.

                              "Huh? Yeah! We just had a little argument, that's all."

                              "I've noticed that you two have been a bit cold to each other. I hope you guys solve whatever's going on."

                               "Yeah me too.", he replied.

                               "Enough of him. How have you been?" He cringed internally at the weirdness of his question.

                               "Um, i'm fine. Life is good so far. Busy grading papers, issuing grades and stuff."

                               "Oh, how's that been. Are things looking up for me?", his tone full of hope.

                               "Jongin, you're really not doing so good. I really think we need to sit down with your parents and talk about your grade in my class and how we can improve it."

                               Jongin gave a huge sigh. "Please we can't do that. Can't you just give me one more chance?"

                              "Jongin report cards are coming out soon and your grade in my class is a D. I don't think your parents want to see that on your report card, especially because you're a senior.", he stared Jongin right in the eyes.

                              "I promise to study harder.", he finally said.

                             "That's that you said last time, and you're still not doing good. Jongin if this continues, i'll be forced to call your parents."

                             "Alright, alright.", he said and waved his teacher off.

                              "What does that mean?", he asked.

                              "I'll do my ultimate best to bring my grade up."

                              "Okay i'll see you monday. And thank you for buying me ice cream, it was delicious.", he said before getting up from his chair. He waved goodbye to Jongin before leaving him at the table.

                              ****

                              Monday morning, him, Sehun, and Chanyeol were hanging out in front of the school. The cold weather nipping at their skin, the decided to go inside and wait for the morning bell to ring.

                             "So Sehun told me what's really going on with you. Kris is a for doing what he did, but please don't let this tear you guys' friendship apart."

                             "I don't want it to, but what he did really irritated me. Like why does he even care how much I like Taem- Mr. Lee?"

                             His friends had caught his mistake and smirked.

                             "Oh, you're so close with him that you call him by his first name?", Sehun laughed.

                             Jongin's cheeks were as red as an apple; he covered his face with his hands to hide his embarrassment.

                            "No! Slip of the tongue.", he muttered.

                             "Yeah okay.", Chanyeol said.


                             "So Sehun told me what's really going on with you. Kris was a for doing what he did, but please don't let this tear you guys' friendship apart."

                             "I don't want it to, but what he did really irritated me. Like why does he care how much I like Taem- Mr. Lee?"

                              That's all Taemin had to hear to make him blush. Jongin likes him? Like; Like, Like him? That means Jongin had a crush on him. That explains why Jongin was so distracted in his class. Why he was practically failing when he was told Jongin was quite exceptional in math. He chuckled to himself. It all was coming together. Jongin was playing some kind of game with him.