Houston We Have a Problem

Teacher Taemin

                           Jongin dragged his feet along with him as he made his way to Mr. Lee's classroom. His eyes staring down at his shoes, he didn't notice that he was about to bump into someone, someone thar could've been Mr. Kim: The diva teacher. When he look up and realized who he had hit, he began apoplogizing profusely. Mr. Kim gave him a once over, then proceeded to walk down the hall in the opposite direction.

                           He reached the wide light brown door, the entrance to Mr. Lee's class. Behind it, was Mr. Lee. Oh how he wanted miracle to happen so he didn't have to come today. He wished the ground would swallow him up by now. He put a shaky hand on the handle and pulled it downwards, the door slightly creaking as he pulled it open slowly. He peered his head in first and he saw his teacher sitting at his desk, looking at some papers sprawled out on the desk. Jongin cleared his throat to make himself known.

                           Mr. Lee instantly looked up to see who had come in. His face settling a bit, he beckoned for Jongin to sit down. Jongin got out the materials he needed for today's session and waited for Mr. Lee to start teaching him things he already knew.

                           "Okay, we'll just review what we've been learning."

                           Jongin pulled out the practice sheet the teacher had given him a few days ago. He eyes scanned over it, he knew he could easily do these by himself, but again, he wasn't going to admit that out loud. Mr. Lee started to write a problem down on a blank sheet of paper, Jongin was already doing the mental math. 

                           "Okay, do you at least remember the first step to this kind of problem?", he asked.

                           Jongin hesitated, "Uh, no.", he finally said.

                           Mr. Lee began writing with a speed not humanely possible, his face in concentration. God, why does he have to be perfect?

                           "Umm...thanks.", he sounded uncertain. And Jongin had realized why he said that. He eyes nearly popped out his head.

                           "Oh! I absolutely did not mean to say that out loud.", he rushed to explain.

                           "Uh huh. Just pay attention.", he smirked, teasing a little.

                           Jongin's cheeks grew crimson as he tried to forget what just happened. Mr. Lee went on explaining how to do the problems and Jongin was checking him out as usual, but then he snapped out of his thoughts.

                           He found Mr. Lee staring at him, right in the eyes. He didn't say anything, he was just staring at him. The two stayed that way until his teacher broke the silence. He hopped up from the desk beside Jongin and pretended to write something down on his desk. 

                            After a couple more problems Mr. Lee said they were done for the day, and dismissed Jongin. Jongin wasted no time and dashed out, ready to get home.

                          ****

                           "Sehun you gotta help me!", Jongin whined.

                           "Help you do what?", Sehun asked innocently.

                            "You know what! He's driving me crazy. I don't know what is it about him, but he's perfect, somehow."

                            "Okay, then just tell him how you feel.", Sehun gave an obvious look.

                            "You know I can't just waltz into his class and be like 'hey I think you're ing hot! Plus he could get fired."

                            "Why not? Plenty of other kids have done it. Besides, you're Kim Jongin. Your parents are some of the most influential people in Korea. Why not use this to your advantage just this once."

                             Jongin thought for second. He really wasn't the type of person to use his money to get what he wanted, but Sehun's idea was tempting. He gets with Mr. Lee, no, Taemin, and convince the school board not to fire him. But he told himself he wasn't going to be that kind of guy. Hopefully he didn't have a boyfriend already, he thought, or that would crush his dreams of ever marrying Mr. Lee and riding off into the sunset. Okay that last part was pretty stupid, I admit.

                            "Or, why don't you seduce him all year, then when were about to graduate, ask him out.", Sehun said.

                             Now that could actually work because I am pretty handsome, he admired himself in his phone's front camera. Sehun rolled his eyes.

                             "Yeah, yeah let's just get out of here."

                             The two got up to throw their drinks away and they left the bubble tea shop.

                              ****

                              Jongin sat in Mr. Lee's class happy, but unhappy at the same time. Mr. Lee had passed back their quizzes and Jongin did horribly. This was good because this convinced Mr. Lee even more that Jongin was bad at Calculus, but it was bad because too many F's could lead to a phone call home. And he did not want to see his dad's face when he found out Jongin was practically failing Calculus.

                             Jongin blankly stared at the F on the paper. He grinned from ear, he didn't want to, be he really couldn't help it.

                             When the bell rang, Jongin slowly got up to pack his things.

                            "Jongin don't leave just yet."

                             After everyone was gone, Jongin walked up to Mr. Lee's desk to see what he wanted.

                             "Jongin. What's up. I hear you normally do good in math. Why are you struggling now?", he asked gently.

                             Jongin's face was absolutely frozen. His heart beating too fast for its own good, he racked his brain trying to think of answer.

                             "I- I'm just having a hard time grasping, that's all."

                             "Do you I need to call your pare-"

                             "No!", Jongin said that way too fast, "no you don't need to call them. I'll study harder."

                             "Are you sure?"

                             "Yes."

                             ****

                             "So what did Mr. y and Pale want to talk to you today about?", Sehun asked.

                              Jongin, chanyeol, Kris, and Sehun were all seated around the lunch table like they did everyday.

                              "Oh, just another speech about how i'm doing really bad. But somehow he got word of how well I did in math my previous years." He glared at Kris who tried to act innocent about the whole ordeal. Kris continued to munch on his tune sandwich, avoiding Jongin's glares. "What the hell man!"

                              "What! I can't let you take advantage of our teacher.", he smiled innocently.

                              "Bull!", Jongin was careful not to shout too loud,"since when do you care about him?"

                              "Since realized your plan to get in his pants.",  he stated.

                               "Why would you care? You've got Chen right?"

                               "Right, but what you're doing could destroy our reputation."

                               "I don't give a about that now.", Jongin sneered. "You stay out of my business." With that, he stood up and walked away, anger present on his face.

                                As he stormed down the hallways, his hand began to punch every locker he came in contact with. His chest heaved up and down trying to calm down. He stood up against a random locker, his brain in thought about how rude he was to Kris. He didn't mean to sound angry and evil, but it really got on his nerves how Kris cared more about their reputation than about his friend being happy.

                               He heard a door open, but he didn't bother to look to see who it was. However he did look when he heard the voice of his favorite teacher. His anger quickly disappeared. Instead, his frown was replaced with a smile. He smiled as Mr. Lee advanced in his direction.

                               "Hey Mr. Lee.", he tried to be less awkward.

                               "Hello Jongin.", he smiled back sweetly.

                               Jongin's heart soared into the air when he was Mr. Lee's radiant smile.

                               How was ever going to deal with this?