Just Tell Me Everything

Teacher Taemin

                          Jongin surprisingly found Taemin's apartment with ease. His apartment with Kibum was near the city center of Seoul, he could see the medium high rise building from a couple blocks down. 

                          He knocked on the door hoping Taemin would hear and answer. Seconds later he heard latches unlock and the door slowly opened, revealing a puffy eyed Taemin. Jongin welcomed himself inside and pulled Taemin towards the couch.

                          "You didn't have to come if you didn't want to.", he said quietly. Jongin immediately felt frustrated.

                          "And why wouldn't I? You know that are my boyfriend right? You know that I love you right? That I would do anything for you, right?" Jongin had to keep his tone in check for fear of coming off as rude or irritated. But it just frustrates him when Taemin acts like Jongin shouldn't care about him. Or when he makes it seem like it's so much trouble to comfort him in his time of need. 

                          "It's just, I don't want to be a burden to you. You have so much going for you, and here I am sitting crying my eyes out and laying my problems on you.", Taemin says. "I'm sorry Jongin it's just the way I am."

                          "Well Taeminie that's what i'm here for. For you to lean on me. Baby i'll crawl to the ends of the earth for you. When are you gonna learn that it's okay to let people know you're struggling. Especially me baby." Jongin pulls Taemin into a tight embrace and plants a kiss on his forehead. 

                          "Thank you Jongin. For telling me that, and coming here anyway." Jongin could see the outline of a smile on Taemin's face out of the corner of his eye.

                          "You're very welcome baby.", he smiles back.

                          "Jongin?"

                          "Yeah babe.", he peers down at Taemin who is biting down hard on his lip.

                          "Can I tell you? What happened? I just need somebody to tell right now." Taemin's light sniffles begin to start again. Jongin engulfs Taemin's whole body into a hug to get him to calm down. 

                          "Sure baby, if you want to." Taemins heaves a huge sigh before closing his eyes for a brief moment. He opens them and begins.

                          "Well, two days ago I was getting ready for work. I was happy and content, ready to see you again. Then just as I was leaving I got a call from a number that wasn't saved in my phone. I picked it up thinking it would be just someone from school or something wanting to catch up. Boy was I wrong."

                          Taemin took a long pause after that, trying to stop the tears. He fanned his face and looked away from Jongin for a moment. Jongin still had his hold on Taemin's waist, ready to say whatever was needed to try and soothe Taemin's emotional pain.

                         "Jongin, it was the hospital. It was the hospital calling to tell me about my parents." Taemin had given up trying to hold back the sobs. "Jongin they're gone!", he yelled. "They're gone! They're dead because of me!" Taemin lost control and let his body fall to the floor. His hands pounding on the light wooden floor, forgetting about the neighbors beneath him.

                         "But how baby?", he whispered. Jongin didn't even notice it when he felt light liquid caress his cheeks. God he didn't know something like this, watching Taemin cry, could have such an affect. He took his palm and wiped the tears before Taemin could see them. 

                         "They were mad at me. They wanted me to come back home, back to the countryside where they lived. But I didn't want to, I wanted to stay here with you and Kibum. They were angry that I picked you two over them; they felt I had betrayed them. But they knew exactly why I did. A friend of theirs, Mrs. Jung, told the paramedics that they were on their way to Seoul to try and convince me to come back. But they had gotten in an accident. "

                          By now Taemin's sobs had ceased but his breathing was heavy and uneven. Honestly Jongin was scared for the young man right now. He was afraid Taemin would go into a panic attack or something.

                         "They told me my dad might have been recklessly driving because he was upset. He wasn't thinking clearly, but he wasn't drunk or anything like that either. So when he lost control partly due to the rain, it ended in...this.", Taemin said softly.

                        Jongin shook his head. He couldn't possible think that this was his fault.

                         "But it's not your fault though baby. You didn't know they were coming here, and you aren't responsible for your dad's careless driving. And if you didn't want to go back to the countryside with them, then you didn't have to."

                        "Jongin I want to believe you so bady, I do. But every time I think about what has happened, somehow the blame always come back to me. I've always cause them trouble."

                        "How you sweet Taeminie cause anyone trouble?" Taemin let out a dry laugh.

                        "I was never good enough for them. Never got good enough grades. Never worked hard enough in the fields. Never showed any interest in girls, but they grew to accept that, at least I think they did. And never dressed or looked good enough."

                        "Taeminie there is nothing wrong with you. You are good enough, don't let anybody tell you different." All the things Taemin listed as not good enought were ridiculous. Taemin was beyond smart. And there was nothing wrong with being gay. And never looked good enough? Please, Taemin's parents needed glasses. Taemin was absolutely beautiful in every way. "You are good enough baby."

                        "Maybe."

                       "No not maybe. You are. Do you know how many people at school talk about you." Taemin gave Jongin a look of pure confusion, then amusement. Then Jongin realized how that sentence sounded. "In a good way of course." He gave Taemin a sheepish smile.

                       "No. What you they say?"

                       "The students say that you're one of the best students they've ever had. And you actually appear to care about your students, something that not many teachers show these days. Even the principal has complimented on you on how your students grades increased dramatically. Even mine." Taemin chuckled. "And I think you might've turned the half the seniors gay."

                       This time Taemin let out a loud laugh. "You're just exaggerating." Taemin's face was colored crimson.

                       "No baby it's the truth."

                       "Well if it is, thank you. And tell the students thank you too.", Taemin flashed Jongin a smile.

                       "You're very welcome baby. So you see, everything you think is your fault, is really just your parents failing to see how amazing their son is. I'm sorry to speak about your late parents in such a manner, but it's the absolute truth."

                       Taemin laid his head down on Jongin's lap. "I love you.", he heard Taemin whisper. That brought a huge smile to Jongin's face.

                       "I love you too.