I'm Gonna Be That Someone

Teacher Taemin

                           **** A week later

                           Jongin sat at home along with Sehun, snacking on chips, and watching a random show. It was seven in the afternoon. Although, Sehun was watching and was visibly intrested in it, Jongin was thinking about his now favorite teacher. 

                           Sehun noticed that there was a new sense of happiness to Jongin. Sometimes he would just have a dopey grin spread across his face, and he would stare into space. He saw on his notebook Jongin was drawing hearts everywhere on his paper. Was Jongin in love? No, in all their four years, Jongin had refused to date. He reasoned that it would make him soft.

                          Jongin had been taking tutoring sessions with Mr. Lee, even though he didn't need help at all. He lied and simply told Mr. Lee that he didn't understand anything they had been taught so far. He even went as far as getting a D on their first test, he never gets D's in math. He couldn't stay away from his teacher now. You could say that he had an obsession, but of course, his friends didn't necessarily know.


                         Jongin, again, picked Kris, Sehun, and Chanyeol up for school and hour and a half early. Of course, they complained and protested all the way into the school parking lot. The boys slowly trudged behind Jongin, but Jongin didn't mind. He was going to his favorite teacher's classroom, and was going to sit politely until the bell rang. He wanted to soak as much of Mr. Lee's beauty as possible. This time, he noted that the three boys were right behind him, making their way to Mr. Lee's class.

                        The four boys sat quietly at their desks, having pointless talk with each other. Mr. Lee was reading a book to pass the time, the lesson for the day already on the board. Jongin lifted his eyes to look at his teacher, whose eyes were still trained on his book. He stared a bit too long when Mr. Lee's eyes shifted up all of a sudden, they instantly met Jongin's eyes, he tore his gaze away and looked down at his desk. His heart pounding a little, Mr. Lee really needed to stop doing that. When people made eye contact with him he found it extremely awkward.

                        He was glad, but disappointed at the same time when the bell rang, and the classroom was filled with students. Mr. Lee hopped from his chair to start the new lesson today, which Jongin knew he would purposely fail so he could get more tutoring seesions with him. 

                        He listened to the lesson, completely understanding what he was teaching. He was startled when Mr. Lee called on him to answer a question. His eyes shifted everywhere but his teacher, who he knew was testing him. He was trying to make eye contact with him, Jongin tried his best not to look up.

                        "Uh, I don't know.", he finally said.

                        "Well, look at your notes. You did take notes right?"

                        "Yeah I took some.", he lied to his teacher's face.

                        "Okay try and figure it out using them", he encouraged sweetly.

                        Jonign looked down at the paper which didn't have notes, it just had random scribblings he drew during the lesson. He honestly didn't know what to do right now. He was just gonna lie, lie like crazy to make Mr. Lee think he had no idea what the hell he was doing.

                        He shook his head slightly, "i'm sorry don't know."

                        Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Sehun make a face of confusion. Then he made a face of confusion. Did Sehun know what he was up to?

                       "Okay. Let's talk after class.", he simply said.

                        It was a short comment, but it sent Jongin's heart a million miles a minute. He silently tapped his foot, anxious about what he was gonna say to him. 

                        ****

                        When the bell rang, Jongin watched as everyone packed up their stuff, to leave. Sehun sent him a look, then headed off with Chanyeol and Kris to their next class. Mr. Lee waited until everyone was out of the classroom before locking the door for a few minutes. He turned and walked towards Jongin, who was sweating bullets now.

                        "Alright, what's going on Jongin?"

                        "I- I just need help that's all.", he struggled to say. "I don't think i'm doing good so far."

                        "Well if you needed so much help why didn't you pay attention. When a students wants to pass a class, usually that's what they do.", he reasoned.

                        "I- I",he tried to say.

                        "Are you really having trouble in my class?", he interrupted him suspiciously.

                        "Yes! I guess Calculus just isn't my thing", he defended himself. "Please Mr. Lee, I really do need help."

                        He saw his teacher's facial features settle, relief washed over him when he believed him.

                        "Alright, well I guess we'll keep doing the sessions until you get it.", he said.

                       Jongin's heart leaped with joy, he smiled.

                       "Thank you so much for helping me Mr. Lee!", he gathered his things and left.

                        ****

                        "What did Mr. Lee say to you?", Chanyeol asked.

                        "Oh, he wanted to talk to me about getting help, since i'm not doing that great in his class so far.", he lied.

                        "Oh. So you're gonna go to tutoring?", he asked again.

                        "Yeah, I have to if I want to pass.", he joked.

                         "But you never do bad in math.", Kris chimed in all of a sudden.

                          Jongin was a little taken aback by his sudden interruption, he quickly tried to think of a believable lie. He had a feeling that Kris figured out what he was up to. Kris was good like that, figuring people out. He knew how to read people. Jongin's hands shook in his pockets, silently begging Kris to believe him. He was lucky this time, Kris didn't push further, he continued eating in silence. 

                         "Gonna be tutoring with Mr. Lee?", Sehun teased a little. 

                         Chanyeol snickered, covering his mouth which still had food in it. Jongin's cheeks grew red.

                          "Yeah, after school. Don't know how long though."

                          "Do you want it to be long?", he asked again.

                          "No! I don't want to spend anymore time with him than I have to.", he lied trying to defend himself.

                          "Hmm.", was all Sehun said.

                           ****

                           Jongin was beyond happy, he was about to go to his tutoring session with Mr. Lee. He knocked lightly on the door to his room, he heard him say come in. Jongin entered, trying not to look too enthusiastic, he put on a straight face, and sat down right in front of Mr. Lee's desk. Mr. Lee sighed before getting up and walking over to his desk, he sat in the desk to his right.

                          "Okay Jongin, show me what you didn't understand the most, and we'll start with that."

                          Jongin stayed still for a moment. "All of it.", he finally said.

                          He nodded before getting up to get some paper and pen, so that he could start from the beginning for Jongin to understand.

                          When Mr. Lee started explaining, he kind of felt bad. He wasn't listening to him at all. Instead he was looking at his beautiful locks of hair, which covered his eyes chocolate brown eyes a little. He was looking at his pale, mily skin, flawless. He was looking at the young teacher's plump lips, that were explaining the lesson from this morning. He was looking at Mr. Lee. He looked up at Jongin, and met his gaze. When their eyes met, Jongin's heart melted and his heart skipped a beat. He just got this sudden joy being in his presence.

                         Jongin's eyes traveled down the man's small frame, his eyes settling on his school I.D. He saw picture on it, Mr. Lee displaying his radiant smile. He saw his name. Lee Taemin. That was his teacher's first name.

                         ****

                         Jongin's tutoring session was done, he thanked Mr. Lee for his time and left the classroom before he said or did something stupid. He raced down the hallway, completely estatic. The smile he had couldn't escpape his face. He had to say it. He loved being with his teacher just then. He really brought joy to Jongin's life, even though he didn't know it. He loved getting up for school now. He didn't want to try and bully him anymore. Mr. Lee was too sweet for that. He deserved someone to treat him with the utmost respect. Jongin was gonna be that someone.