Whatever It Is

Teacher Taemin

                          Once settled in class Jongin couldn't help at his now jet black haired boyfriend. Jongin watched him like a hawk while the young teacher walked around the classrrom helping other students. He didn't want to seem obssessed with Taemin by keeping an eye on him, but he wanted to make sure he was doing fine. The teacher looked so beautiful in his all black outfit today and it made Jongin's heart leap.

                          Jongin could tell Taemin was trying so hard to make it through the day and be happy, and it was only first period. It hurt to see him like this and he just wanted to make it all better but he knew he couldn't fix all of Taemin's problems. 

                         Mr. Lee continued to walk around the room and help his students. His half smile displayed for everyone to see. After seeing that no one else did, he went to go sit back in his desk. He worked on some things at his computer for the time being. Jongin couldn't stop his eyes from looking, and he could've swore he saw tears threaten to spill before Taemin wiped them away quickly.  

                          Jongin regretted hearing the bell ring, that meant he'd have to leave his boyfriend by himself. He didn't want to be away from him that long. He needed to know that he was okay. He didn't want to see Taemin cry, and he was afraid of that. He was afraid that Taemin would cry without him, he couldn't let that happen. Taemin's face was too beautiful and sweet to be wasted on tears.

                          Before he left he wrote a note and put it on his desk.

                          ****

                          "You think Mr. Lee couldn't be more obvious?", Chanyeol said.

                          Today the group of friends decided not to sit in the cafeteria. While Kris, Chen, Sehun, Tao, and Chanyeol and Xiumin got lunch Jongin wanted to skip today. For some reason he just didn't have an apetitite. So he sat, lost in his thoughts, and stared at the floor.

                          "Yeah I mean everyone kinda knew he was a bit upset.", Sehun said.

                          "What's Mr. Lee upset about?", Tao asked.

                          "That has yet to be answered.", Sehun replied.

                           "So is he gonna tell you?", Chanyeol asked again.

                           "I'm kinda hoping he will, but if he doesn't want to right now I won't force him.", Jongin said.

                           "Yeah, you want to him to tell you when he's ready.", Xiumin added.

                           "It just hurts to know he is upset about something, but I don't what."

                            "Yeah it can be hard. But right now all you can do is tell him it's gonna be okay.", Kris said. "Hey, he's having lunch right?"

                            "Yeah why?", Jongin asked. But then it hit him. His eyes widened. The ert. He needed to make sure his Taeminie was alright, away from the other Mr. Lee. Jongin snatched up his backpack and ran down the hall.

                           When Jongin got to the door, he could hear faint sniffles on the other side of the door. He quietly knocked on the door, and waited to be invited in. After he heard a 'come in', he peeked in the door shyly. 

                            Taemin shot up from his seat. His hand wiped away the remaining tears, but Jongin saw his red and puffy eyes. He wasn't stupid. Jongin pulled Taemin into a hug and let the young teacher cry softly. Every tear that spilled broke his heart and made him never want to let go of his boyfriend.

                            "Please don't cry.", Jongin whispered. "It hurts to see you like this."

                            "Jongin it's all my fault.", Taemin mumbled into his chest.

                            "What's all your fault baby?"

                            "If I hadn't of ignored them, they'd still be here.", Taemin said between loud sniffles.

                           "Tae baby i'm sure it's not your fault, whatever happened. Please don't blame yourself." Jongin rubbed small circles on Taemin's back.

                            "But Jongin-"

                            "Taemin I won't have this. Doing this, blaming yourself, it only makes the pain worse. I know that couldn't harm a fly baby. You just need to go home and rest, okay? Please Taemin.", Jongin pleaded.

                            "I can't just leave. What about-"

                            "The students will be fine. You just need to go home and relax."

                            Taemin sighed in defeat. He turned around to gather all of his belongings. Then pulled out his cellphone to text Kibum to tell him that he was going home for the day. Taemin then gave Jongin one last hug and walked down the hall to the front office to check out.

                            Jongin absolutely hated to see him go, but her knew very well Taemin wouldn't make it through the rest of the day. After seeing him cry like that, Jongin knew he was holding those tears in from the minute Taemin stepped on school grounds.

                            "Please be safe Taeminie.", he whispered.

                            ****

                            "So everything was okay?", Kris whispered.

                            "No. When I got there he looked like he had been crying his eyes out.", Jongin said sadly.

                            "Wow. Is he going to be alright?"

                            "I don't know. I convinced him to go home for the day. Hopefully he made it home safe and that he's fine. I'll call him when I get home."

                            "Yeah. Tell him that the students understand and to not worry too. And when this is all over, tell him to be a better actor."

                            Jongin actually laughed at that. Since it was so obvious Taemin wasn't happy today, Kris was telling him that Taemin was terrible at hiding his emotions. Jongin loved Taemin, but what Kris was implying was very true. Jongin playfully slapped his giant friend on the arm.

                            "I'll be sure to get that message over to him, from Kris." Jongin chuckled again.

                            "Alright class, clean start cleaning up. We only have but a few minutes left!", the teacher announced.

                            ****

                            After getting home from dropping Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kris he, of course, went straight to the kitchen because he was beyond hungry. He didn't eat lunch so that meant he was about to gain twenty pounds after he was done with this bad of potato chips. He flipped to some random movie on TV and sat back.

                            Fifteen minutes later, there was no chip spared. The bag was completely empty, and Jongin was completely full. He would have to hurry and run to the store later on to replace it before his parents got home. One thing his parents hated was food disappearing while they were at work.

                            He was gonna start on his homework next, but homework instantly reminded him he was supposed to call Taemin to check on him. He whipped out his phone and looked for Taemin's number.

                            "Jongin?", Taemin's voice was full of sadness. The short sniffles coming through the speaker of his phone.

                            "Taemin. You're crying again?"

                            "No, i'm fine now."

                            "Taemin don't lie. I can hear the sadness in your voice babe. Do you need me to come over?", Jongin said.

                            "No there's no need for that okay? Really, i'm fine."

                             "I don't believe you. Text me your address.", Jongin said firmly.

                             "Jonginie-"

                             "Tae, I mean it. I'm coming over."

                             "Okay.", Taemin mumbled.

                              Jongin grabbed his jacket and car keys. Homework would have to wait he told himself. I can't let him slip away. Jongin recieved the address minutes later and sped all the way to his boyfriend's apartment.