You Don't Have To Justify Yourself

Teacher Taemin

                           The next day and of course Taemin is still out for personal issues. Even though Mr. Kim told him that Taemin would be out, Jongin's heart still deflated at the sight of another substitute teacher. It had only been the second day of not seeing or hearing Taemin's voice and he was already going through Taemin withdrawals. He was just so accustomed to seeing that bright smile and beautiful mop of blonde hair, it ached to know that his boyfriend was hurting somehow and he probably could do nothing to ease the pain.

                            He wanted so badly to text or call him just to check to see if he was okay. He wanted confirmation that his Taeminie was alright, coping with whatever happened to him in a way that wasn't damaging. But he also didn't want to risk finding out the worst. He believed Taemin would tell him what was wrong when and, if, he wanted but right now, like Mr. Kim said, it was best to give Taemin space. At least that was what he trying to tell himself all through the school day. He had resisted the urge to barge into Mr. Kim's classroom and demand to know what was wrong with Taemin, but he quickly discarded that thought. It was completely insensitive on his part.

                            After sitting in Mr. Kim's classroom thinking about his boyfriend, he was startled when the bell rang, but he wasn't free yet.

                            "Jongin, could you come here a second?", Mr. Kim called out. 

                            Jongin packed up his things and walked up to his teacher's desk. His heart beating, he wanted so badly to know, but he knew Taemin's bestfriend tell any secrets of Taemin he didn't want anyone knowing. He waited for his teacher to speak.

                            "He wants you to know that he's fine and that he'll be back tomorrow.", Mr. Kim gave a small smile. He sensed that him being back tomorrow was about something else.

                            "Tell him that doesn't need to come back so soon if he's not ready.", Jongin said sympathetically. "He doesn't need to rush to get over what he's going through. Tell him i'll be here when he's ready to come back."

                            "He said he didn't want to leave you hanging. Besides, I could tell that he really missed you these past couple days. I guess he needs someone to distract him. But he already has his mind made up, he's coming back tomorrow. Taeminie can be very stubborn at times so expect to see him.", the English teacher chuckled.

                            Jongin nodded then bowed and exited the classroom, on his way to meet up with his friends in the cafeteria. 

                             ****

                             "So Mr. Lee will be back tomorrow? I mean not the ert Mr. Lee but the kind cute Mr. Lee.", Chanyeol asked.

                             Jongin chuckled and rolled his eyes at his giant friend with yoda ears. "Yes, he'll be back."

                             "You don't look like your too excited about seeing your boyfriend in two days.", Kris commented.

                             "It's just...", he trailed off. "I feel like he feels that he has justify why he's been gone or something. Like he feels guilty even though he's the one hurting right now. I don't want him to come back to school and he's really not ready to, like he's just coming back for us."

                             The group went silent for moment. The group thought about Jongin's words. They felt a bit selfish now, not even thinking about how Mr. Lee was feeling at the moment. Mr. Lee was probably still hurting a lot deep down, but he was willing to put on a brave face and come back for his students. That right there showed Taemin's deep love for teaching, and also his deep love for Jongin.

                             "Jongin's right. We should let him know that he doesn't have to come back.", Kris said.

                            "Won't do any good. Mr. Kim said Mr. Lee is already set on coming back.", Jongin said.

                            "Oh, and let me guess, he's stubborn too. Right?", Kris asked again.

                            "Yep."

                            "Well, if he wants to come back we can't stop hm. But we definately should let him know that we care about him as a teacher.", Chanyeol said. 

                            The group agreed. As the boys finished up their lunches, Sehun began to chuckle quite a bit. The remaining three boys gave the younger a confused expression, before looking at one another for answers on why the boy was laughing.

                            "Um Sehunnie. What's so funny?", Chanyeol asked.

                            "Oh, I was just thinking about how only a few months ago we were set on making the guy miserable. And now, we plan on telling the guy how much he means to us a teacher."

                            Realization hit the three boys, and they too, started laughing.

                            "I blame Jongin for this one. If you hadn't been so in love, we would probably still be making the guy's work life a living hell."

                            "But we would've probably felt bad for him. I mean look at him, the guy really is gorgeous.", Chanyeol chimed in.

                            "What guy is gorgeous Yeollie?", Xiumin came up behind the four boys.

                             "Uh-uh no one.", he stuttered.

                             "Well it's obviously someone.", Xiumin shot back.

                             "I was just talking about... Kris! Yeah! Can't you see the guy is gorgeous. He could be a model.", Chanyeol said.

                             "Nice save.", Kris muttered.

                             "Shutup.", he mumbled back.

                             Xiumin didn't press the subject anymore, thankfully. And after a few more minutes, lunch was over and the students rushed to get to their next class. But even after their talk, Jongin still couldn't take his mind off of Taemin. He was excited to see him, but he knew that Taemin wouldn't be happy in his heart. So he prepared himself to be able to handle whatever emotions were to come out of him tomorrow.

 

                             As soon as the day was done Jongin got in his car to head home. The rest wouldn't be coming with him because Chanyeol had band practice (yes, he recently joined band), Sehun was going on a bubble tea date with Tao, and Kris just wanted to sleep. So after dropping his huge friend off at home, he started on his way home.

                             He got home and immediately headed for a snack from the kitchen. He saw some chips and Mountain Dew left in the fridge. He settled himself on the couch and watched some TV to pass the time before doing his homework. He found himself dosing off before a ring from his cellphone jolted him back to life. He looked at the screen. Taemin. He didn't waste any more time and quickly pressed the accept button, wanting so badly to hear his boyfriend's voice.

                             "Taemin?"

                             "Hi Jonginie.", Taemin said sweetly. Jongin could tell Taemin was trying his best to sound like he was happy. But Jongin wasn't fooled at all.

                             "Hi baby. How you doing?"

                             "Oh i'm fine. Just ready to get back to work."

                             "Taemin, you kno-"

                             "I know Jonginie, but I want to. I really do miss you."

                             "I miss you too. I hope you'll be okay. You don't I hate to see you sad."

                              He heard Taemin chuckle a bit over the phone. He knew that it was probably forced, but her didn't care because it was just as beautiful.

                              "Listen, I gotta go." Jongin resisted the urge to pout. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay? And, remember to do your homework.", Taemin scolded.

                              Now that sounded like the Taemin he knew, always telling him to do his homework these days. He couldn't help but smile.

                              "Alright mom.", he teased.

                              "Okay. Love you." It was the last thing he told Jongin before he hung up. And it was not okay. In fact, Jongin didn't do any homework, or watch TV, or even listen to EXO. What he did was silently thank god that those two words came from Taemin's lips.

                              Needless to say Jongin fell alseep with a smile on his face.


                               The next day Jongin got up way earlier than usual, finally ready to see his Taeminie. After making sure he looked good, as usual, he grabbed a piece of toast and went to go pick up his friends. Jongin smiled the whole down to school, his friends laughing at him not being able to keep a straight face.

                                Although he was happy, he kept it in the back of his mind that Taemin was still dealing with something, and he needed Jongin to be there for him. As he pulled up to the school, his heart couldn't be contained. He didn't waste another second, and trotted his way into school with his bestfriends in tow. They had gotten two school earlier so that he and Taemin could talk a little before class started.

                                When he got to Mr. Lee's classroom, Jongin's eyes couldn't stop staring at the large brown door in front of him. He looked behind him to his friends patiently waiting against the wall across from Mr. Lee's class. He smiled to himself. He had the best friends ever. He finally found it in him to turn the door handle.

                                 There he saw his boyfriend. His Taeminie. He put on a bright smile and ran up to him to give him a hug. For a little they just stayed like that. Not talking, just enjoying each other. Then he realized something.

                                 "Your hair? It's black. You dyed it back to black."

                                 "Well, I missed you too.", Taemin laughed.

                                 "Oh you already know that i've missed you like crazy.", Jongin laughed.

                                 "Yeah, i've missed you too. I'm sorry for doing that.", Taemin said quietly.

                                  Jongin could see the regret deep in Taemin's chocolate brown eyes. Jongin tilted his head in an attempt to understand.

                                  "What do you mean?"

                                  "I mean i'm sorry for not showing up that day, and kind of leaving you guys hanging. I shouldn't have did that.", Taemin was staring down at the floor.

                                  Jongin went to go caress Taemin's cheek. His heart broke a little when he realized what his boyfriend was apologizing for. This was so like him.

                                 "Tae baby you don't have to apologize. Whatever it is that's hurting you should be enough reason for you to be alone. You don't have to justify yourself."

                                 "Thank you Jongin. However I do still feel guilty."

                                 "We don't hold it against you.", Jongin lightly kissed Taemin on the cheek.

                                 "Thank you."

                                  Seconds after two students came in and went straight to their desks. Jongin guessed his alone time with Taemin was over. After; Kris, Chanyeol, and Sehun came in and sat at their desks. Jongin could see the smiles, which made him smile too. 

                                  Ten minutes later, the rest of the class filed in, and the school day was ready to begin.