Stay Safe

Teacher Taemin

                           After Jongin and Taemin arrived at Jongin's house the two were finally able to settle down for a bit after the little situation at school. The couple went and sat on the couch in the living room and the TV. Jongin went in the kitchen because there was leftover chickin in the fridge and he was hungry. 

                           "You want anything?", he called out to Taemin on the couch. "Water? Soda? Tea? Lemonade?"

                           "Just water, thanks.", he replied.

                           After heating up two large pieces of chicken and getting some water for him and Tamin, he plopped down on the couch beside him and pretended to enjoy the show Taemin chose to watch. 

                           "Oh my gosh!", Tamin exclaimed. Jongin finally looked up from his kitchen see what Taemin was oh my goshing about. He frowned when he realized it was about the ty drama he was so invested in. Jongin resisted the urge to do the biggest eyeroll of the century and returned to his lovely piece of fried chicken in front of him. About an hour later the drama was finally finished and Taemin looked at him for the first time in an hour. 

                           "Wasn't that so good?", he smiled at Jongin.

                           "Yeah. ty plot, ty quality, ty everything. It was so good.", he replied sarcastically.

                           "Oh shut up.", a frown played upon Taemin's lips.

                            "Wanna watch another one?"

                           "Not really.", he said bluntly.

                           "Fine, so what do you wanna do?"

                           Jongin shrugged. "I don't know. I was just hungry."

                           "You're always hungry."

                           "Well yeah, but I was more hungry than usual."

                           "Wait I gave you guys homework.", Taemin states with sudden realization.

                           "No you didn't.", Jongin says quickly.

                           "Yes I did."

                           "I don't recall though."

                           "Jongin I know when I assign homework. I'm not stupid."

                           "Hey, we should go see that new movie out.", Jongin says suddenly.

                           "Don't try and change the subject.", Taemin chuckles. "Get to it. I'm you teacher first before your boyfriend."

                           Taemin marches Jongin upstairs along with his backpack. He sits Jongin down at his desk and makes Jongin complete the homework for his class. To be sure he worked, he sat on the bed and faced Jongin and watched him work.

                           "This is too hard.", Jongin whined.

                           "It's not too hard. I know you can do this."

                           After twenty minutes Jongin tried again. "I'm bored.", he whined again.

                           "Jongin. Work. Now."

                           Jongin turned his chair around to face his desk again, clearly not wanting to do his homework. Although he really just wanted to hang with Taemin, he knew that wasn't gonna happen if he didn't finish his homework, so he it up and quickly worked through the problems. Not even checking his answers, he hopped up from his seat as he wrote the last number to the last answer of the last problem.

                           "Done!", he exclaimed.

                           "Alright, let me see it.", Taemin held out his hand. Jongin's face fell when realized he didn't check them.

                           "Uh, I don't think that's a good idea.", he put the paper to his chest.

                           "Jongin, your homework.", Taemin said gently.

                           "Can't you just check it tomorrow?"

                           "So you're saying you completely bullted your homework?"

                           "No, I just-"

                           Taemin snatched the paper from Jongin's grasp in a quick swipe. Jongin quickly tried to recieve it, but failed. Taemin was done looking at it in less than ten minutes. He handed it back to Jongin.

                           "Half of these problems are wrong Jongin."

                           "Can't I-"

                           "No you cannot. You're gonna sit there and do your homework right, you understand?"

                           "Fine. Mom.", he emphasized the last part. 

                           ****   

                           Thirty correct answers later, Jongin was done with his homework, and Taemin was satisfied. It was now ten minutes til six and Jongin's mother just got home.

                           "I better call Kibum.", he said before walking out.

                           While Jongin waited for Taemin to come back, Jongin went downstairs to talk to his mom for a second. He smiled brightly when he smelled Kimbap being made, along with Kimchi of course.

                           "Hey Jonginie!"

                           "Hey ma."

                           "Something wrong baby?", his mother asked.

                           "No, just wanted to come say hi. You know i'm really lucky to have you."

                           "Oh baby. Thank you." His saw his mother begin to shed tears and he went over to envelope her in a tight hug. 

                           "I mean it ma.", he wiped his own tears away.

                           "Why don't you shower and get ready for dinner, yes?"

                           "Yeah. I should go ask if Tae is staying for dinner."

                           He went back upstairs to find Taemin laying on his bed, staring straight up.

                           "Something wrong?"

                           "No, just thinking.", he replied.

                           "About what Taecutie?", Jongin chuckled.

                           "Oh god, not that again.", he laughed.

                           "It's cute. Anyway what're you thinking about?"

                           "Nothing."

                          "Okay. You gonna stay for dinner?"

                          "Yeah, why not. I'll text Kibum."

                          ****

                          At seven dinner was ready and Mr. Kim had finally come home. He kissed his wife on the cheek before hugging his son. He also smiled at Taemin and shook his hand. The four of them sat at the wide dinner table and said grace. After grace, Jongin and his dad wasted no time, and dug in.

                          "So Mr. Lee, how is Jongin doing in your class?", his dad asked.

                          "You don't have to call me that Mr. Kim. He's actually doing well. He's getting great test scores and he does all his homewok.", Taemin smiled brightly.

                          "That's good. He's not cheating his way through, is he?", he asked suspiciously.

                          Taemin giggled, "No sir."

                          "Dad!"

                          "Son I need to know these things. He's your boyfriend and he could be cutting you some slack."

                          "Oh no sir, I don't cut slack for anyone. Not even Jonginie here." He ruffled Jongin's hair.

                          "That's good. Aish, hooking up with the teacher to get an easy A.", his mother mumbled.

                          "Ma!"

                          Taemin was beet red after Mrs. Kim made that remark. He returned to eating his food in silence, clearly embarrassed. More silence followed as Mr. Kim didn't have any more questions regarding Jongin at school. 

                          "So Taemin, where are you from?", Jongin's mom asked.

                          "Here in Seoul."

                          "Oh really, what district?"

                          "In Dobong."

                          "What made you want to be a teacher?"

                          "I guess I just always loved math. And I loved Calculus even more. I always got good grades in it, so I figured, why not? I know some people might say the pay isn't good, but that honestly doesn't matter. I just wanted to do some good, you know?"

                          "Yes, I understand. Your reasoning is very good, i'm glad you teach in one of Korea's schools. We need more like you.", Mrs. Kim smiled.

                          "Oh thank you Mrs. Kim.", Taemin blushed.

                          "You're very welcome. Keep teaching, you'll be recognized one day for your hard work.", Mrs. Kim encouraged.

                          "Thank you."

                          After finishing up dinner, Taemin helped Jongin's mother do the dishes and he went to go say bye to Jongin. They stood by the door as they talked, along with Jongin's dad trying to spy on them.

                         "Bye Jonginie.", he cupped Jongin's cheeks. 

                         "Bye Taecutie."

                         Taemin chuckled. "Thank you for being there when you know what happened."

                         "Your welcome. Stay safe." He said before walking to Kibum's car which was waiting for him.


                         A/N: If you didn't know but I uploaded chapter 15 and 16 on the same day. So if you accidently skipped because you didn't know, 15 is there. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!