Bubble Tea

Teacher Taemin

                           After finishing lunch, Jongin, Kris, Chanyeol, and Sehun got up to throw their trash away. Going out into the hallway, they stood up against a random locker until the bell rang. Groaning at the interupted conversation, they all parted ways to get to class.

                          ****

                           The bell had finally rang for the end of the day, and the boys were relieved to be go home. They stopped when they got to Jongin's car, and Jongin spoke.

                           "My house everyone?"

                           Everyone nodded, and they all rushed to get into the car, eager to get far away from the school building. Chanyeol and Kris were fighting over the shotgun seat. When Kris had realized Chanyeol had gotten to the seat first, he didn't hesitate to try and pull him out of it, Chaneyol landed hard on the ground as a result.  Sehun and Jongin tried their best to hold in their laughter, but weren't successful, as Chanyeol could hear their snickers and glared at them. Chanyeol managed to squeeze his longs legs behind the seat belonging to Kris, and the group rode out into the street with a very angry, uncomfortable Chanyeol.

                           Jongin the rado, needing some music to loosen him a little. He beamed when EXO's Call Me Baby came on, he loved the group, and their comeback this year was amazing. As soon as the chorus started, the boys were dancing in their seats, loving the group's new song. They were singing along loudly, oblivious to the stares they were getting from the car next to them. When the song was over, they were disappointed because they didn't want the song to end just yet.

                          Jongin pulled the car into the long driveway leading up to the house. He lived in a huge house in one of Korea's most expensive gated community's. The expansive lawn before the house was well maintained, cut neatly, and watered routinely. Just before you pull up directly in front of the house, the driveway split in two ways, each path circling around the water fountain in the middle to meet the other. The cobblestone was clean, not a weed sticking out of it. 

                         The boys got out the car, grabbing their bookbags out the trunk. Jongin pulled out his keys from his pocket, and proceeded to open the door. 

                          When you first entered, you were introduced to the foyer, where the floor was clean, white marble. The walls were painted with a light gray. You looked up to see an elaborate chandelier, gold finishes with bright lights that illuminated the space. Then, right before you, were two large grand staircases. The steps leading to the upstairs were marble, the handrails were a shiny brown finish. Just this space alone, was something out of a fairy tale.

                         "Man, I still can't get over how nice your house is.", Chanyeol exclaimed. Kris and Sehun agreed with Chanyeol, nodding while still looking around in awe, even though they had been to Jongin's house plenty of times.

                        Chanyeol, Kris, and Sehun weren't rich like Jongin. Their parents didn't own huge businesses like Jongin's parents did. Even though Jongin was the only one who was wealthy, the other boys didn't take advantage him, and Jongin didn't take advantage of them. They had been friends since they were little, and Jongin cherished that. Usually when you were in the situation Jongin was in, people always wanted something from you. But his friends never asked him for a thing, even though he would gladly help one of them out.

                       When the boys were done, ogling at his house, they went to the kitchen to fetch some snack out of the pantry. They found some chips and popcorn, and went to the family room to put on their favorite show, EXO Showtime. They all started fanboying when they boys appeared on the television. Because of all the excitement, Jongin had turn up the volume really loud so they could hear. Jongin had a huge smile on his face when he saw his bias, Kai, was shown on the screen. 

                       "Chanyeol is so cool. Can't believe I share a name with him.", Chanyeol exclaimed.

                       "Yeah me too, I share my name with my bias Sehun.", Sehun added. 

                       The boys had finished watching the rest of the epsode, excited that they got to watch some of their favorite group, the boys' guilty pleasure that no one could know about. Now silence filled the room, they didn't know what to do next.

                       "Basketball?", Kris suggested. Chanyeol scoffed.

                       "You would Mr.Tall guy Michael Jordan.", Chanyeol said sarcastically.

                       "You're one to talk. You're almost as tall as me.", Kris reasoned.

                       Chanyeol fell silent, as if he had just realized that.

                       "No I don't feel like it today.", Jongin chimed in.

                       "How about we go out for bubble Tea", Sehun finally said.

                       All three boys stared at him before realizing that it was a good idea.

                       "You sure love bubble tea don't you Sehunnie?", Chanyeol asked. Sehun frowned at his nickname.

                       "What's not to love. It's good.", Sehun reasoned.

                       "Yeah but all you did this summer was go out for bubble tea. Wouldn't you get tired of it?", Kris asked.

                       "Nope", he answered simply.

                       Grabbing their jacket, they all got into Jongin's car again to head to their favorite bubble tea shop.

                        ****

                        The four boys entered the shop, smiling at the thought of getting their favorite flavors of buble tea.They walked up to the register, Jongin smiling kindly to the young girl at the register. Jongin decided to order first, he chose his favorite, caramel. After him came Sehun, who chose almond. Next, Kris picked Chocolate, and so did Chanyeol. After recieving thier drinks and paying, of course, they searched around the shop for a place to sit. They found a seat on the right side of the shop next to the window.

                        Sitting down at the table, they settled themselves into their seats, and sipped their drinks. A minute later, Chanyeol took a look around the place out of curiousity, and noticed a familiar mop of blonde hair. At first Chanyeol didn't say anything, he just kept staring, trying to figure out if his eyes were playing tricks on him. Then the mop of hair moved, and Chanyeol was met with deep brown eyes. 

                     He quickly tore his eyes away, not wanting to get into an awkward situation. He turned his attention back to his friends. 

                     "Jongin, look to your right", he tried to whisper subtle in fashion. He could still see his teachers, the other beside Mr. Lee he now identified as Mr. Kim, staring at them.

                    Jongin slowly looked over, and saw his teachers, now staring at him, burning holes into the side of his head. After whipping his head back to his friends, he tried to ignore his teachers.

                    Kris and Sehun now knew what the two boys were looking at, and were now triying to avoid the young teachers gazes too. A few minutes later of awkward conversation, uncomfortable because they were being stared at from across the room, Kris' phone made a sound. He took a glance at his phone, and a grin creeped on his face. It was Chen from his art class.

                    His friends saw how he was smiling down at his phone. Sehun was able to take a sneak peak of Kris' big screen, and he tilted his head.

                    "Whos' Chen?", he asked, smirking. Kris jumped in suprise at Sehun's voice, becoming flustered.

                    "No-Nobody.", he tried to his hide his red cheeks.

                    Jongin and Chanyeol decided to a little.

                    "You sure.", Jongin encouraged.

                     "Y-yeah.", Kris answered.

                     "Dang, one day into the school year, and he already has a boyfriend. How?", Chanyeol teased.

                     "He's not my boyfriend.", Kris tried to defend himself.

                     "Yet.", Jongin added.

                      The three boys laughed at Kris' now crimson cheeks. They loved messing with Kris because they knew how embarrassed he got sometimes. Finishing up their drinks, they headed towards the door. Jongin was the last to exit, but before he did, he looked to Mr. Lee, and winked.