Christmas Dinner Pt. 1

Teacher Taemin

                           Jongin shot up out of bed on Christmas morning and raced downtairs. Halfway down the overwhelming aroma of food filled his nostrils and his knees became weak at how amazing everything smelled. The smell became more prevalent as he drew closer to the kitchen, and when entered he saw his mother cooking up a storm over the stove. His mother wearing a red apron, she was sitrring and frying and baking everything in the kitchen to perfection. 

                           "Ma it smells amazing!", he exclaimed.

                           "Thank you baby.", she chuckled. 

                           "Taemin's gonna love your cooking. I can't wait for you guys to meet him."

                           "Yes honey, me too. What time are they gonna get here?"

                           "I don't maybe sometime in the afternoon? I 'll call to make sure.", he said before heading out.

                           "Tell him he can come anytime!", his mother yelled from inside the kitchen.

                           Jongin ran back upstairs to his room to find his phone. He grew confused by the second when he couldn't find it anywhere in his room. He looked around frantically, messing up the perfectly organized place to try and find it. He then looked to the bed and pulled off the comforter, and when he heard a thump, he confirmed that was his cellphone on the floor. Quickly Jongin went to go pick it up and look for Taemin's number in his contacts.

                           Jongin clicked on his number and immidiately it started dialing. Taemin answered on the third ring, his voice a little raspy.

                          "Hello?"

                          "Hey Tae, when were you and Kibum coming over?"

                          "Uh, around noon. Why is there something wrong?", he asked a bit worried.

                          "No no, my mom was just wondering. She said you can come at any time you guys want so just take your time."

                          "Oh okay, thanks. See you later then."

                          "See you later.", he said before hanging up.

                          Jongin went to then choose an outfit that he deemed good enough to wear for the day. He scanned his huge closet, carefully eyeing each and every piece of clothing he owned, but couldn't decide. Then a thought occured to him, it was Christmas, why not wear something christmasy? So that he did. He dug out a something that hadn't seen the light of day since someone very special to him passed on. His grandmother, who was 80 years old, passed three years ago. Of course he was deeply saddened, he and his grandmother had the best of times when he was a child. 

                         Jongin would go over to her house often as a child when his parents were working. They would bake cookies, read books, listen to music, and watch TV. She would also take the time to make him clothes when he was small, and take him to places like the park and walking around Seoul. When he passed, he was extremely upset and cried in his mothers arms some nights after her funeral. But eventually he was able to be happy again knowing she's in peace and happy.

                          He stared at the sweater in silence for a moment. He stared at the snowflakes trinkling down the fabric of the blue sweater. He stared at the happy snowman at the bottom of it. He smiled when he thougt of his sweet grandmother who was always doing good for people. Jongin felt tears grace his cheeks, he wiped the away with the back of hand and came back to his senses. I miss you.

                        After pulling out the sweater he chose some pants to wear. Since it was a baby blue sweater, he went with light skinny jeans. Deciding his outfit was okay he went ahead and hopped in the shower. When he was done he brushed his teeth, styled his hair, and put on new cologne. Then he went downstairs, he saw his father sitting on the couch watching Ebenerzer Scrooge. Jongin went to go sit by him.

                         "Hey dad, can I talk to you?"

                         "Yeah sure son.", he said while his eyes still fixed on the TV.

                         "Listen, the friend I told you about... he's not really my friend.", he hesitated.

                         "He's-"

                         Ding Dong!

                         Jongin was interuppted by the sound of the light and cheery doorbell resonating through the house. He hopped up to go see who it was. When he opened the door, his eyes widened a bit. What a coincidence! It was Kibum, along with Taemin standing right in front of him. Taemin was holding a present in his dainty fingers, a smile pressed upon his lips. 

                         "Hey guys come in!", he said. They both chucked and entered into the massive and elegant house.Taemin's mouth formed an 'oh' shape as he looked around.

                         "Nice place.", Kibum commented.

                         "Thanks.", he replied.

                         "Yeah. I didn't know you were... rich.", Taemin said mindlessly.

                         "Uh yeah."

                         "You sure failed to tell me this little detail.", Taemin laughed.

                         "Yeah only because I know how some people get when I tell them."

                         Taemin's smile faltered a bit, and he stepped closer to Jongin. He lightly carressed Jongin's cheeks.

                          "I would never use you for your money. You know that right?", he sounded a little hurt.

                          "Of course.", he looked straight into Taemin's eyes.

                          Because the scene was getting a little intimate, Kibum couldn't help but ruin the moment. The two snapped out of their gaze and looked around the room awkwardly.

                          "We should go meet my parents.", he laughed nervously.

                          Jongin led the two into the family room where his dad was seated still watching the movie. He cleared his throat to make their presence known. His dad immiediately looked back to see who it was.

                          "Dad, this is my friend Taemin and his best friend Kibum.", he said hesitantly. He grimaced when he said the word 'friend' and didn't look back at Taemin to see his reaction.

                          "Uh Hello Mr. Kim really great to meet you.", Taemin spoke up first.

                          "Good to meet you too son.", he got up to shake Taemin's hand. Then he turned to Kibum too greet him the same.

                          "How old are you both?"

                          "twenty-"

                          "Guys you need to meet my mom.",Jongin interrupted. He led them both into the kitchen where his mom was still working furiously to cook the delicious food. 

                          "Hey ma." She turned around to face Jongin near the door.

                          "Oh! Hi dear. Is this your boyfriend?"S he said boyfriend but she actually motioned to Kibum was in front of Taemin. Jongin entered a small panic. Kibum bursted laughing when his mother said he was Jongin's boyfriend, but he didn't fail to correct her.

                          "No Mrs. Kim, he is." He stepped aside so Taemin was fully visible to Mrs. Kim's eyes. And when she saw him, her eyes couldn't get wide enough. Then formed the biggest 'oh' shape possible.

                          "Oh my goodness he's even more cuter than you described Jongin! Look at him, He's so beautiful! And goodness your skin is perfect, what do you use?" She continues to gush about Taemin for the next minute or so.

                          "Ma please stop you're embarrassing him.", Jongin whined.

                          "No no it's okay Jongin.", he laughed. He held out his hand. "Nice to meet you Mrs. Kim." She didn't shake his hand, instead she pulled him into a tight motherly hug. Even though he had the wind taken out of him from her bone crushing hug, he continued to laugh and smile at Jongin's mother. After she did the same to Kibum who returned with a small smile.

                          "Thank you Mrs. Kim, for the compliments.", he said softly.

                          "You're so welcome Taemin. I see why you were failing calculus Jongin."

                          Jongin's head snapped to his mother when she said that and began questioning her.

                           "Sehun.", was all she said.

                           "That cheeky little .", he muttered under his breath.

                           After they were done introducing each other, Jongin told the two to go to the game room down the hall while he spoke to his father for a bit. He went and sat down next to him.

                           "A little feminine isn't he? For a friend?", his father said slowly. Jongin made a face of confusion.

                           "I-"

                           "Jongin, if you like him, that's fine with me. But don't you ever think of me as a homophobe ever again. You here me? I'm you father, i'm supposed to love you no matter what."

                          Jongin was rendered absolutely speechless after what his dad said. He definately didn't expect that response but he'll take it. He was so lucky to have parent like these. Parents who cared and didn't have exceptions to their love. He was truly grateful. After wiping the tears from his face and giving his father a hug, he went to go see what Kibum and Taemin were up to.

                          Taemin and Kibum were looking looking around the room in awe at the entertainment systems, the pool table, and the ping pong table. 

                          "You like it?"

                          "Like it? It's amazing! What do your parents to be able to afford all of this?", Kibum asked.

                          "They founded PM Entertainment."

                          Both of their mouths hung open when Jongin said that.

                           "What?! That's like the biggest company in Korea!"

                           "Yeah.", he said awkwardly.

                           "You're probably the only modest rich person i've ever met.", Kibum laughed.

                           "Yeah well forgive me. I'll boast some more about it later.", he laughed. All three laughed a bit still standing in the middle of the game room. "You guys wanna-"

                           "Knock Knock! I'm coming in!", a voice said. Jongin rolled his eyes when he figured exactly who that voice was.

                           "We don't want you in here!", Jongin shouted playfully.

                           "Yes you do.", the voice answered back.

                           In came Choi Minho; Jongin's tall, muscular, tan, jet black haired cousin. 

                           "What're you doing here?You told us you weren't gonna make it this year.", Jongin raised a brow.

                           "Yeah, I lied. I was gonna come but I wanted to suprise you guys.", Minho said.

                           "Yeah you're good for doing stuff like that.", Jongin mumbled. "Minho this is my boyfriend Taemin and his bestfriend Kibum.", he motioned to the two.

                           "Hello Taemin and Kibum.", he shook both of their hands. "Wait, you said boyfriend? What did you do to him?", Minho asked horrified.

                           Taemin had a look of confusion and  he frowned.

                            "Did he pay you or something to be his boyfriend? Did he drug you?"

                            "Minho!"

                            "Sorry sorry. It's just you? a boyfriend? This is history being made.", Minho laughed. "Well, it was nice meeting you both.", he said before turning and exiting the game room leaving Taemin and Kibum very confused.