Crescent Moon

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the washer sings its final chorus I yank open the door, collecting the jacket and holding it in my arms, the smell of the washing powder is sickly to my senses, but there is no longer a trace of this dreaded vanilla.

I look towards the clock.

8:20 in the afternoon.

I said I would return this jacket, I don't want to hold onto it any longer, I slip on my flats, looking down to my attire, a baggy jumper and some leggings, going for a casual look. 

What should I care? I don't need to look special for him.

I exit my room, clutching the jacket to my chest as if it had some warmth, I hesitate as I walk into the boys' dormitory, hearing various noises, shouting, music even some...inexplicable noises.

 I come up to the room that has a combination of scents, mostly wet dog and pine, I cringe my nose in slight disgust as I lightly knock before I get a chance to pull my hand away and compose myself the door swings open.

A boy with two dimples in his cheeks and a pearly smile looks upon me, his brown hair in curls, his facial expression drops as he sees me, it becomes a mixture of fear and anger.

"Jongdae who is it? You're just standing there like a depressed t-Rex" the door opens wider, allowing my eyes access to more of the room, the other boy stood there I remember his face, Baekhyun.

"Oh" I watch as his hands tremble in anger "It's you"

"Yes it is me" I smile, putting their hostile attitudes aside "Now puppies, where is Chanyeol" I see the one called Jongdae flicker his eyes to the jacket in my arms, he scowls, moving aside for me to come in.

"What's Thankyou in dog language?" I place my finger on my lips for a short moment "woof woof" 

I laugh at their faces as their scowls deepen, I turn around to observe the room, nine boys are looking at me from what looks like their living room, I swallow hard, being by so many boys makes me slightly nervous.

"Don't glare, she's just a girl, like any other you see every day" A familiar voice echoes from across the room, followed by its owner, and the infectious scent. 

"Just a girl? That's a hit below the belt don't you think mutt?" I mutter, looking at Chanyeol as he rubs his head with a towel before throwing it over a chair, I cautiously sniff up, regretting it instantly.

And now my thoughts begin to melt, I lose my focus, forgetting why I'm here, before regaining my senses, only for mere seconds.

"Well, would you prefer them to keep gawping?"

The heat from the shower, the moistness on his skin, I can almost taste his scent, it's in my veins, it's even merging into my own. 

I close my eyes for just a short second, not realising how long I've been engulfing myself in my instincts.

"Hello~? Earth to Haru" my eyes snap open to see Chanyeol, inches away from my face, with a smirk on his lips, he chuckles as I instantly stumble backwards, away from him.

I can't let this happen, why won't my body allow me to move to the door?!

"Ah I'm..." I feel a strange burning sensation in my cheeks, as I begin to feel flustered I raise my hand and instantly slap my own cheek to make it go away, I hear chuckling in the room.

Sniggering bastards will get their karma for laughing at me another time, for now, I need to keep calm and try and organise my instincts. 

"Come, follow me quickly" still in my own daze from the haze of the scent I scamper after Chanyeol, not paying attention to the chatter behind me. I mindlessly wander into Chanyeol's room, the slam of the door making me jump back into my own skin.

"Oh..." I breathe, looking around In a startled manner "I uhm...this jacket...I washed it for you..." I mindlessly hold it out to him as I look around the room, a book on his bed catches my eye 'instincts and the signs'. 

I tilt my head to the side, glaring at it as he takes the jacket. 

"Did we have homework?" I ask, pointing to the book, he shakes his head almost immediately and swipes the book from the bed and throws it in the drawer beside his bed.

"Uh, no...just...revision, nothing much" he clears his throat and points for me to sit down in his chair in the corner, so I do, he sits on the bed and looks at me, whilst I look back, curious.

"You need to focus, you can't keep doing that, people will figure out"

"Figure out what?" I sit up straight, feeling a cold shot shoot up my spine, defensive words spill out. "there is nothing to figure out what are you talking about? you're crazy, why am I even in here? I should be going, really I only came here to deliver a jacket your just being s-" 

His laugh cuts me off, he cups his cheeks In fascination "They will figure out that you are transitioning, making you weaker, so they would probably try and get some revenge" 

"Oh" I breathe a sigh of relief and embarrassment "Yes that, I would...uh...Thank you" I nod my head, wetting my lips with my tongue, I'd been too busy talking and focusing on the room before my focus actually goes upon my senses.

I regret it instantly, feeling the sins writing in my blood as I feel my entire body feel with passionate heat, I appraise Chanyeol with a look saved for a hopeless lover, I've lost myself in my fire.

"Why what else were you thinking? You seem quite flustered" Chanyeol's smile grows wider, paying no attention to the to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter