Whisper

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We are walking through what seems like an abandoned provenance, vines sprawled madly over the buildings as if it was trying to entomb the entire place, trees were spurting out of the oddest places, although the bark was almost enchanting, woodwork had braided around itself until it got to its charcoal arms that blossomed with crimson leaves that now occasionally fell to the ground with the breeze. 

The only noise to be heard was the whistling of the breeze as it passed through the city, other than that no chattering, no movements could be heard other than our footsteps across the cobbles, I wondered where everyone was or if there was anyone else that inhabited this land other than Chanyeol’s family. 

Yoora, his sister walked elegantly in front, her white whispy shaul tangling naturally in the wind. Side by side they were unmistakably related, although their personalities went to show that even further, so far she had been kind and understanding, listening to Chanyeol as he told her what had happened over the course of nearly a year.

Our hands stayed entwined, naturally I stayed close to him for comfort as I was unsure of what was to come next, Yoora offered me reassuring smiles along with including me in the conversation from time to time, but I had nothing much to say, I was determined to prove that I was worthy to be by his side, even a simple interaction such as holding hands gives me the strength and reassurance that we had found a balance with each other, my powers grew stable the more I was in his presence, as if he was focusing on healing my grevious mental wounds the whole time.

“You are very pretty Haru” Yoora commented as we approached a stone wall that seemed cut off from the rest of this village, I didn't seem to have noticed this wall as we was walking up, how much magic is invested within this place? I can feel it seeping from every crevice of the land. 

Her comment caught me off guard though, I simply pressed my lips together and nodded “Thank you” Chanyeol let out a slight chuckle as he disconnected our hands, offering that hand to his sister, to which she withdrew a small white dagger from under her shawl, she lightly scraped his hand, as blood oozed out of the wound he pressed it onto the wall.

“Pretty is an understatement, none of the suitors my father tried to force onto me could match up to her, they were all idolizing the title and nothing else” He said this in confidence as the wound on his hand slowly began to scab over. 

As the wall began to crumble apart in front of us I frowned “So there are other people?” I asked, hoping to get some sort of answer to this whole charade, but the answer lay right in front of me as behind the wall stood what I had expected upon entering the first place, thousands - dozens of people swarmed the streets, seeming unphased by our entrance, merchants, houses made of the common day brick, and a castle that seemed to overshadow it all, my eyes focused in on the structure, It was made of pure marble, how breakable I thought to myself. 

“That first setting was just a disguise made by my sister, we live in secret here, all of us wolves obviously but we have built our own city, our own lives” He smiles to himself as he helps me over the bricks, that I notice quickly form back into a wall as everyone approaches the other boundary “We have to put in place a lot of precautions as many people want us dead, we pose as a threat”

I soon come to realise why people fear wolves, what I thought was a clan of nine back in the dorms was simply just a group of friends, they were a powerful supernatural force, much greater than what I had experienced back in the underworld, I wondered if they could take her on, the woman who named herself after a greek god but she is nothing of the such ‘Persephone’ is what she names herself as no one knows her true name, perhaps her daughter did.

I am from the Tuloas tribe after all, but yet I am nothing if not an outcast. I have killed one of my own, even killed one of Chanyeol’s pack, am I truly worthy of someone whose hands are clean? I look up to him with hopeful eyes, he has forgiven me for my sins, yet for some reason I feel as if I have made myself the vision of impurity. 

“Stay close love, once they realise you are different they will probably react negatively” His hand captures my own, pulling me by his side, although I do not feel an inch of fear as we wade through the street, people seem to instantly make a path, not needing to turn around to know who it is, yet those who get a glance at me grimace, I hear the word disappointment float out of a ladies mouth.

“Her crimson eyes won't help the onlookers, you should have let me do something about that, all it does is stir controversy to what she really is” Yoora commented in a sad tone as she delicately pranced in front of us, smiling at the people who glowered.

“If they can’t accept her how she is I can always just leave” Chanyeol says bluntly, looking ahead as if no one was gawping at him, ignoring the women who chortled and pointed at him in awe, I knew this look, he was thinking hard and yet it was as if he was determined to fight his way through this. 

We picked up our pace as we climbed the stairs that lay in front of us, this ridiculous material could break under my thumb if I tried hard enough, I wondered if by making his home out of such a weak material it was showing how unfearful their leader was, stupid or brave? I let go of Chanyeol’s hand, nodding to him as I kept up with their pace, I wasn't afraid to defend myself if it came down to it.

“Brother let me go in first..” Yoora suggests, but Chanyeol shakes his head and presses his hand on the door, It opens swiftly - as if someone had yanked it open from the inside, I take a deep bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter