Cut it

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A kumquat orange shon through the window as the sun began to creep up into the sky, I stretched my hand out to the clock that lay face down on the table, upon fumbling with it I read ‘06:45’ in glaring red - I sighed and shoved its face back onto the tables surface, I had not slept as much as I wanted to; I had been deep inside of my thoughts when Chanyeol had not been skin to skin with me.

I turned to the side of me, seeing that he was still sleeping with his heavy breathing as he radiated heat, my fingertips gently wandered across his neck - I let out a small sigh as I picked up sweat residue, we had both been too tired to shower last night and the heat did not make it any easier to stop us both from overheating. I pressed my lips together and squinted my eyes as I slowly sat up, being careful to make as little noise as possible.

An ache spread its way over my body, I knew that last night we took out our anger on eachother but I did not expect it to hurt so much in the morning; In fact the affliction I felt across my skin seemed unnatural, I gently pulled a blanket around me and trembled to my feet “Ah!” I gasped under my breath as the pain resonates more with my body as I began waddling to the bathroom.

I flung the blanket aside as I approached the mirror, my eyes opening wider as I appraised my own body, there were black and blue bruises splattered across my body like someone had had fun using me as a paintball target, each in an orion's belt shape - where i'm sure a particular person's fingertips would fit perfectly, they were more prominent around my hips, chest and shoulders, I even found a few on my jaw. I was dumbfounded; irritated by how fragile my body was, but I thought through it for a small moment and remembered every single scene from last night. 

Replaying them like a picture book in my mind I remember how his usual touches were more forceful and strong, regardless of the emotion, I know he would never do this to me on purpose even if it was rough he was always careful. How much had that mark changed him? What else don’t we know?

There was a sharp knock on the door, I sprung on the spot and panicked to get something around me, resorting for the closest towel that I could find. Regardless I went and held the door handle in place “What? I’m just freshening up” I spoke clearly into the door, but before I heard a response the door was pushed open and I stumbled back onto the toilet, I scowled at him.

“Couldn't you ask?!” I hiss as I try and cover what I can with the towel “Since you are here we might as well save time and duo” 

“Sorry, I assumed I had a permanent invitation” He chuckled mischievously, closing the door behind him in a fluid movement “How are you feeling about today?” He asked softly, watching me as I got up and the shower, but as I put my back to him I heard a loud snapping noise followed by something.

As I turned around in speculation to see what the noise was I see Chanyeol stood with a disgusted look upon his face, his jaw was clenched, I then flickered my attention over to his hand, I saw that he had somehow torn off the glass door knob and had shattered the sphere within his now bleeding hand “H-hey! Watch it!” I yelled at him as I yanked his hand into the sink and ran the water. 

“Where did you get all those bruises on your back?” He asks already knowing the answer, but as he stares at me closer I see his eyes glaze over, his voice was unnaturally deep - it came close to demonic “Your body..” He adds In a dull tone as the water coming off his hand runs clean I turn the tap off, I shake my head and begin try to pull him toward the shower.

“Its fine” I whisper harshly to him “We just got a little carried away there's nothing wrong with my body” I say honestly, In an almost scolding voice, I tremble before dropping the towel and pushing my hair behind my shoulders “They are just like love bites Chanyeol do not make a big deal of this...” 

“Are they Haru?” He grabs my shoulder, pressing his thumb into the bruise sadistically, I see the colour of his pupils shift into a midnight black for a short second, an agonising pain surges through me at this pressure, to which I let out a cry of pain and try and shove his arm away.

“Stop it! That hurts!” I cry as I feel my fingertips heating up In self defence, but he just glares at me harder and shakes me by both my shoulders now.

“Bites don't hurt!” He yells “I did this to your body, I harmed you” He pushes me recklessly into the wall, shaking his head In disgust of his own actions, he briefly visits the shower before taking the towel I had dropped and drying his body.

“It’s not like that what is wrong with you?!” I yell, becoming significantly more frustrated as he begins to take it out on himself, I followed him around the room “We had rough I have marks what's the big deal!” I try to put my hand on his still damp shoulder but he shrugs me off coldly before shoving on a t-shirt and jeans.

“The deal is that last night I didn't intend any of that! I don't even remember grabbing you hard enough to make any of those marks!” He isn't facing me, I pick up some underwear from my back and try to put it on whilst following him around the room, he grabs his jacket from the chair “These powers, they have changed me, I thought I could deal with it - but now i’m even hurting you without knowing it, I don't feel myself!” 

“Then we will find a way to deal with it! Why are you exaggerating over this Chanyeol?” I grab his jacket and forcefully yank him back, to which I am greeted by his gloriously furious face, yet I can sense an overwhelming amount of grief rolling off his skin, It's almost as if he repels my touch, he shoves me onto the bed without a thought.

“Don’t follow me” He mutters “I need some time alone, I don’t expect you to understand this but some people actually feel bad when they cause harm to others” The venom from his words sinks into my skin as the hotel door slams behind him. 

Do you know the feeling of sitting there and blankly watching static on the television? The annoying noise being the only thing loud enough to block out your thoughts, the black and white

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter