A Freak of Nature

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I quietly bit my red lips to stop myself from responding to the insults which were constantly being thrown towards me. I swear that if I wasn't leaving this dreaded hellhole today, I would've already ripped their throats out with my bare hands. 

I should also mention that I was being incredibly serious with that statement. 

All I've been hearing for the past two weeks was the tribe's snickers and judgements, and it was seriously starting to piss me off. The most pathetic part about it was that they were laughing because I was being sent away from my tribe, and placed in a public school, which goes by the name of Skylimit high school. This was no ordinary school though, it is specifically for people who are 'gifted' - in other words, for any freaks of human nature. Whether it be a witch or dragon, teenagers of all supernatural powers attend that school. 

Now don't misunderstand, the tribe aren't mocking me because I'm going to school, but rather because they all either hate or fear me. Me moving far away must be like a dream come true for them. 

You might be curious and want to know the real reason why they all despise me in the Tuloas tribe? The answer is that I'm different to them. All that crap about being unique and special was a bunch of lies, I was different and that scares people, instantly making me an outcast to everyone else. Technically I was special to them, but definitely not in a good way. More in the way where they think that I need to be locked up from the world.

The Tuloas tribe was strictly for demons only; so of course, if anyone was slightly abnormal to them in any way, they'd take notice.

Every demon had similar physical features; the common small black horns that sprout from their scalp, the bigger the horns are, the eviler they are. Pale skin which had a slight hue of grey mixed in, dark red lips and raven hair; all accompanied by the main attention grabber, the blackout eyes. Demons are some of the few rare creatures that don't have that white part of the eye, demons have no other colour in their eyes except black.

Of course, this is highly appreciated by my tribe since it makes them look more satanic and evil.

The reason why I was so different to the tribe was that I looked nothing like them, and I had a wider range of powers. Of course, I had demon blood running through my veins... but it was also mixed with the blood of a shapeshifter. I was a cross-breed, or a mutt if you preferred the term that my tribe uses for me. My dad was a high-rank demon in the Tuloas tribe, but he mated with my mum who was a shapeshifter; this was extremely looked down upon because demons stay betrothed to their own kind. 

My parent's mistake ended up in me being born; I get punished for their actions and I can't even blame them because I don't know who or where they are. They could be dead for all I know, they just vanished one day and left me to the tribe - which they really weren't happy with considering I was the first of my kind, and they didn't know how to raise me.

During some of my spell training with other demons when I was a kid, they instantly noticed I was far advanced from what they had predicted. I was making fireballs, flying with my fiery wings and crumbling large objects to dust when I was 7, something that could take demons years to master, even going into adulthood and still training. Not to mention, I had powers from my mother's side as well, so I could morph into basically anything I wanted.

It wasn't just my abilities that separated me from the tribe, it was also my appearance. I don't have any horns, no rare blackout eyes and my skin is practically pure white. My long hair is chocolate brown, and my lips are a pink, a giant contrast to my crimson eyes. To say the difference was small is an understatement; to be honest, I look more like a vampire rather than a demon.

Because of those reasons, I have never been able to fit in properly. Adults hated me and children are scared of me, scared that I will use my powers on them, I couldn't blame them since my temper has been known to blow up a few times. Last time I got angry, I set a whole building on fire and injured 11 people, 5 of them were in a critical state to the poin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter