Road Trip

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few,  a couple - okay a tonne of empty glasses were surrounding me on the scratched up wooden table that had a folded beer mat underneath one of the legs to keep it from tipping  certain way. The small bar was filled with an aucostra of voices, drowning out any thoughts I had, Suki had retired to the bathroom perhaps to throw up the shots she had just finished; although she had been gone quite a while now.

The room sat still for me, I was fully aware of my surroundings, not a single part of me seemed bothered by the amount of alcohol I had consumed, strange. I rubbed the centre of my forehead with my index finger, frowning due to the outcome of night. I slid to my feet in a casual manner, staring toward the bathroom that glowed dimly in corner of the bar.

“Suki?” I continued to squint at the sign as I could no longer make out the words, my nails scratched into the table as all of the colours around me seemed to merge into one big mush. Before I had the chance to stabilise myself I crumbled into a heap onto the floor - only realising that something had been slipped into my drink as I lost my physical abilities to move and talk, along with being rendered almost unconscious.

-v-

There was a slight hum of the radio that stirred me from my forced slumber, as my eyes fluttered open and all my other senses were gifted to me I noticed a faint scent of familiar cologne coming from where my face was placed, I had my hands near my face - moving them away I noticed that I was wearing a long sleeved shirt - strange, I hadn’t left in this shirt.

As the events of last night rushed into my head I jolted up in place, my atmosphere span as I noticed that I was in a car, I clutched onto the seat and tried to glare out of the window to see where we were but everything was going past in such a blur I couldn't make out a tree from the grass. In my prefierals I looked slowly toward the driver seat, a cold sweat riding up my spine, I shifted my head slightly to the side - trying to get a better look without being too close.

“If you really thought I was going to walk away you are stupider than I thought, be mad at me all you want Haru, but Suki told me everything and i'm not letting you die, not now not ever”

Chanyeol, God, of course it's him.

I closed my eyes and flopped back into my seat, glaring at the back of his head whilst I find the words to express my anger, but words failed me. I felt something knock against my hand as we turned a corner, before brushing it away I looked down to see one of my suitcases stuffed behind the passenger seat, confusion began to mix in with all my other emotions, making it harder than ever to comprehend the situation.

“I knew you wouldn't come to me willingly Haru so there was nothing more I could do, perhaps I shouldn't have let you get into that Taxi but I knew you needed a cool off” He took a deep breath “I told you it wasnt me that night, I wasn't lying, I was fighting that demon and alcohol just slipped me further away, regardless i'm sorry for what you saw, I should have had better control”

I felt the sincerity In his voice as it nibbled around the edges of my heart, I had already forgave him, how could I not? Yet I still held anger, why had he taken me? Why had Suki betrayed me? She knew I did not want Chanyeol hurt any more than he already had.

“Why all of this?” I whispered loud enough so that he could hear “I told you I didn't want you involved because I know what happens, there is no happy ending for us Chanyeol! I am not destined for a happy ending!” My whisper raised into a shout as my emotions finally seeped through.

There was a slight pause before I heard chuckling coming from the driver’s seat “You have no idea what you are destined for Haru, but It certainly isn't a bad ending, I refuse” The car slowly comes to a stop, he turns to look back at me, a smug smile on his lips “I know what our options are, and I refuse to let death become you”  

“So what will become of me?” I ask, gesturing toward the suitcase “I guess you are planning to run away with me to a hot country and hope our problems run in the opposite direction? That's not how this works, it's not how I work, I am a litteral time bomb Chanyeol and even If it's not me It my mother who Is constantly hunting me down so what's your master plan?”

“You’re mother is not a threat to you, or to me any longer” the unusually calm tone drifts off his tongue as he maintains eye contact with me “If she dares to touch a hair on your head I will have no problem taking hers as a trophy, you see I literally have the ancient power of my tribe and the blood of persephone coursing through my body” he holds out his arm, I see from here that as he focuses the blood trickling through his veins shifts to an ominous black colour “I'm powerful enough to stop her if it comes to that”

“That’s all great” I murmur, reaching over to grab his arm “But I am still an issue, I know that my powers are self destructive” the warmth from his skin is overly comforting, I find myself releasing a sigh, when did things get so complicated, I remember the times that all I cared about was staying away from him and now I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter