Pink polish

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself bound to a chair, my hands wrapped in a weird metallic material, somehow blocking my powers. I tried moving my body, furiously writhing in the chair, trying to get loose - but to no avail, I was still securely restrained. Giving up, I looked up to see the classroom mostly empty; the only people still inside were Xiumin, Chanyeol and a bunch of teachers, some of which I didn't even recognise.

 

"Oh good, you're awake!" A chirpy voiced teacher said. He seemed to have a heavy book in his hands that looked a little old and worn out, opened up onto a certain page near the centre. I tried to look at what was written on it but I couldn't strain my neck up enough to see.

Changing my direction of view to the wolves, I saw that Chanyeol's hands were perfectly healed up once again, his facial expression, however, didn't seem angry one bit, but rather... pitiful?

 

"I've never met a demon and shapeshifter hybrid before, and the last cross-breed was over 700 years ago - I feel greatly honoured to meet you Haru." The chirpy teacher said with a grin on his face and I felt shocked by his words. Honoured? His words made my heart swell with happiness as nobody had ever been so nice to me when referring to what kind of monster I was.

 

However, I was momentarily interrupted by the smaller wolf.

"Sorry about the... um..." Xiumin spoke up and fidgeted in his spot, seems a little awkward. I don't know how on Earth he managed to knock me out, but it made a little bit of resent bubble up inside me - he was the first ever person to stop me, and I hated that, yet a small part of me was thankful that I wasn't able to hurt anyone.

 

"It seems that you've already caused havoc in your few days here, the Tuloa tribe warned us that you were quite misbehaved." A lady with glasses on and pulled back hair caught my attention; she seemed familiar and I remember seeing her face on the notice board... the head-teacher. I internally groaned as I knew that I was in trouble for sure. Yes, I did hate this school, but the demons were worst.

 

"They treated me like , why not give them a taste of their own medicine?" I said before I could stop myself, forgetting to filter my brain from my mouth. At this statement, I saw Chanyeol lower his head as if he was guilty. 

 

"Chanyeol over here told us that he noticed quite a few scars on your body when he was healing you, is this a result of the demons treatment towards you?" She asked with a raised an eyebrow and I instantly glared at the traitorous wolf, suddenly realising what he had revealed.

 

"You looked at my scars?!" I shouted at him and pulled at my restraints, even more, pissed that I couldn't use my powers. 

 

"We all did, for the sole purpose of seeing how severe they were." The principle corrected me with a stern face. "I'll ask again, did the demons do this to you?" Everyone in the room was staring at me at this point with expectant eyes that looked severely concerned. 

 

"None of your business!" I screeched, avoiding their gazes. "Get me out of this bloody thing!"

 

"Haru, calm down, please," Chanyeol begged sincerely and I stopped in my tacks to peer up at him. His voice was worn out and his face looked tired, and for a moment, all I could do was concentrate on him. He had invaded my privacy, annoyed me and told people about my scars... yet he still put himself through the trouble of helping me... but why?

 

"I-I..." I paused for a moment, not sure what to say. "I never want to go back there," I whispered and hung my head. I knew I had indirectly said yes to her question, but I couldn't find the courage to just tell the principle bluntly. I could feel the anger slowly leaving my body and I just felt tired - tired of everything. I hated being treated like a freak, I was sick of the demons and I never felt like I fit in.

 

"Was this emotional and physical abuse? Your abilities teacher has reported your negative reactions towards your classmates' name-calling." The principle carried on and I couldn't help but feel as if she was interrogating me in a way. For a split second, I thought I saw her eyes soften a little, but maybe I was imagining it. The further she pushed on with her questions, the more I didn't like her.

 

"I know I'm a mutant - a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter