Rush?

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had what looked like black thick tattoos climbing along every inch of his russet skin, I stared In awe as his body transforms before me, his muscles become thicker as his stance becomes diluted, an almost swaying motion to it. I look over to my mother, she too is re-evaluating Chanyeol.

“I see now, I can sense her power” My mother almost hisses under her breath “Even with that you are no match for me pup!” she lunges at him, a green aura spurting from her hand toward his neck, but just as it was to collide with his skin Chanyeol effortlessly breaks through the shield she had concocted and punctures her through her shoulder just with his fist, it looked as if black tree roots were sprouting from his hand and were fighting for him.

How could it have been so easy to puncture my mother when she is supposed to be the most formidable person we have faced yet? I continued to watched cautiously, confused by my mother's weakness.

Then it clicked, as long as my powers were depleted to some extent then so would my mothers, I smiled at this thought, but as I looked up from my bubble Chanyeol had blood trickling down his torso, pooling around his feet, yet he didn't flinch as she came in for another attack, instead he grabbed her by the throat, which she managed to escape.

“Give it up, you know you can't beat me now, you get weaker every time I break down your shield” He smirks “Now I know why you need Haru so much, she is literally your source of power” He stands still in a protective stance, not once making the first move “Why fight when you know you won't win?”

“Oh you have no Idea the amount of power I consume!” She shrieks, falling to her knees, she bends her back out of the sheer force of the power that overwhelms her body, a yellow, bright light began to emit from her body, so bright I had to shield my eyes, pressing myself into the cars window - Unable to see what happened next. But as I looked back over I saw that they had both disappeared “Chanyeol?!” I yelled out in panic, pushing myself from the car to look around in distress.

I went over to where there was blood on the floor, trying to see if there was any indication to where he might have gone, but just as I crouched down to look I heard a faint woosh directly behind me “Move!” I heard Chanyeol yell as I was suddenly pushed into the grass, as I fell onto my side I looked over and saw that both of them were cut up pretty badly, but my mother looked worse for wear, she was panting and her position was almost slouched.

She went for him once more, I saw that she put her full force behind the attack - aiming for his chest. He swiftly grabbed her wrist, chanting words at a fast pace “No!” She squealed like a child, trying desperately to escape his wrist “Don't you dare!”

Utterly confused I watched the two, she managed to stumble out of his grip but as she fell back it's almost like she was into the ground, I gasped at the scene before me before turning my attention to the wavering Chanyeol who leant on the car for support. I got to my feet, going over to try and see what damage had been done to him “What just happened? Are you ok?” I ask as I slide my hand gently up his arm, but as I do that I notice at all of his minor wounds begin to heal, the only wound left was the one on his shoulder and the one in his side.

Without hesitation I ripped the sleeves off this shirt and padded them on the wounds, pressing them both into place, he closed his eyes and let out a sigh “She wont come back” He muttered in relief  “Or I should say she can't” he shrugged off my hands, opening the car door and handing me the medical pack from his glove box, I began to bandage carefully around the area “She ran - well created a rift to another place, but before she left I managed to curse her” He laughs to himself as if it was something casual.

“Curse? Chanyeol you are not a witch how can you curse her?” I ask skeptical as I trace my fingertips over his body, peeling away the ripped shirt “Is that where you both disappeared to? A rift?” He nodded in response to my question, although I frowned, the meeting was very anticlimactic “But how can it be so simple..? She was the biggest threat all this time”  

“That’s because you were weak” He hadn't managed to fully open his eyes, I feel like he may be rightfully exhausted “That is the only reason this fight was so easy, it's because you had her power, all this time you are channeling it directly to her and when you were weakened so was she” His hand slid gently down the sides of my body till he reached my hips, where he began to make circular motions with his thumb on the side of my stomach “The curse - well it was something that I was told came with these powers, It could have gone wrong” He paused “But it didn't, and if it worked on her then if she tries to come near me, or you again she will be weaker than your average Joe”

“So whenever she comes near you her powers will basically be drained?” He nods in response to my question as I frown, I shake my head “You are mistaken if you think it will just end here” I mutter as I move his honeyed silver hair out of his eyes, I begin to gnaw at the inside of my cheek “Now she knows what you are capable of she will come back, think about the damage she could do once this drug wears off inside of me, you can't be so foolish to think that something like a curse could stop her when she had one of the descendants of persephone following her every command”

He takes in each of my words before looking over to where she had left her car, the ground had blood sprayed across it like a murder scene “You are right, I know you are but It should keep her away long enough” He murmurs “But for now we have bigger things to worry about” He straightens his stance, wincing as he rolls back his shoulders “Have you not wondered where we were driving to Haru?”

“Of course I have!” I looked at him with a scowl “So many things have been going on at once I haven't had a chance to comprehend them all yet, I had the idea that you were just going to take me to some hole and bury me” I say jokingly but with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter