Fireworks

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Squirming, sighing, shouting. 

None of it helped in my efforts to escape Suki's claw-like hands, they clawed through my hair until it was free from knots, and I only felt relief when stray strands of hair feel to my cheek as she pulled my hair into a French braid. 

“It was worth it wasn’t it?” She beams to herself as she looks at me in the mirror, I would have been mortified by the sight of my makeup if she would have used her colours, like pastel pink or blue. The thought of having a light colour like that on my skin makes me almost shudder. 

But she used dark, prominent colours. She told me she found these in her old bag, but the new makeup wrappers in the bin help me see through her white lie. My lips were stained a blood red colour, my skin seemed to glow, although I wasn’t one for any kind of sparkle upon my features.

“Thank you” The words slip through my tight lips, it becomes hard to swallow as I remember why she had done my makeup, I see her bring out an outfit, she lays it on the bed, nodding to accept my thank you.

On the bed lay a black sweater with high waist jeans, it looked like a casual outfit but I saw the bag she got it out of, I know after this I will owe her a lot more than just a smile. I inhale deeply as I change into the clothes, Suki, as polite as she has ever been, turns her back as I change, getting dressed into her own attire. 

My eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets as I see her in black, she shows a shy smile, there is not one bit of colour on her – besides her makeup. 
“Don’t stare like that Haru” she puts her hand on her waist“ I thought I should try out a new colour, maybe we could be twins for the night” 

I nod in slight awe, she looks good. 

Am I feeling jealousy over her?

“Also don’t frown like that” Her index finger softly jabs my forehead “You look amazing, complete it with a smile” She shows me a goofy grin, to which I can’t help but release a smile.

“Don’t you think this is all too much?” I ask as I look to my boots “I don’t…I mean why did we dress up like this again?” 

Her arm links through mine as we step out of our room, I blink at the sudden change in light. 

“We are going out to a bonfire, celebrating if you like” Her eyes catch mine for a moment “Everyone will be there” she pauses “Even Chanyeol” 

My hands go into fists, I bite my lip carefully, not wanting to rip off the lipstick “Ok, I’ll try and avoid him…”

“Stupid” she sighs “You were laughing with him not 5 hours ago, you need to stop being so-“

“So what Suki?” I feel my eyes burn as I look at her

“So angry? So defensive? I can’t help that, I can’t help being me, and I hate men I hate when they touch me I hate them all...” I manage to keep my voice low despite my anger, but Suki looks full of regret as if she wishes she had never brought up Chanyeol. 

“I’m sorry” I whisper “Let’s go, the fireworks are going to start without us” I force a smile as I hold her sleeve, wordlessly pulling her to the field outside. 

“No I’m sorry” she suddenly says “I should stop trying to bring him up, I just thought it would make you happy”

“I am happy Suki, it’s just difficult for me” I mumble as the cold air whisks through us both, I see people gathering sticks still to put onto the now gigantic bonfire, I smile to her as he let go of her, I slowly walk up to the pile of sticks, spotting the boy named Jongdae not so far away from me.

I reach my hand far inside of it, making sure my jumper does not get caught, fire ignites in my hand, lighting a small fire, as I step away from the flickering yellow that spills around, catching fire to other sticks until it is a warm, crackling fire. 

“Contributing to the community? How unlike you” 


I turn around to face the voice “Tanya” I breathe, my eye twitches at the vulgar sight, a dress that barely goes over her lower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter