Complicated

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He gave up on trying to get close to me halfway through our walk, although sighs constantly come from his mouth until we reach the place.

"How is your back? Are you hurting anywhere?" Chanyeol smoothly opens the door for me, I say nothing, I sigh as there's a little bit of a line in the shop, I speak with my head hung.

The sweet smell of coffee and everything sweet fills my nose, it's overwhelming to the point where I struggle to hold my breath. I focus on the dim chatter of surrounding people, not once looking up at Chanyeol.

"What do you want? Cof- Chanyeol?" I mutter as I reach for my purse, I don't feel him beside me, I see him already ahead of me, ordering, I sigh.

I look at the woman who is serving him, her eyes are gooey and her smile is full of happiness as she helplessly gets lost in his gaze, I hear a sigh of contempt escape her lips as she nods at his words.

"Hot chocolate and a cookie right?" He smiles at me and hands me the items, I look at them in confusion and anger, I watch him give her the money and exchange another round of warm eye contact.

Some sort of anger rattles through my bones.

"Once your done eye-ing each other maybe you can come and sit with me" The words roll out of my mouth without much thought, I grip ahold of the stuff he gave me and go over to sit in the corner of the café, I begin to sulk in the chair, not being able to shift this sudden mood. 

Chanyeol joins me shortly after with a smile on his lips, he sips his cup, his eyes grazing on me softly, his eyes flutter from the girl and then back to me. 

"What are you looking at, dog" I avert my eyes from his face, taking a gulp of my hot chocolate. I ignore the scolding pain in my throat, although the pain is a distraction. 

"Nothing much princess, but you are turning a little green" The sides of his lips flick up again, not once do his eyes move from my face.

"Stop calling me that" I snap and put down my cup, only to start flicking bits of cookie in my mouth "what do you mean by green?" I narrow my eyes.

He leans forward, mimicking me as he puts down his cup and narrows his eyes "The green monster of jealousy" he whispers.

I feel my back straighten up, I throw a piece of cookie straight at his face "jealous!? What would I be jealous of!" I feel my entire body begin to boil in emotion. 

"Well you were awfully nice to the server" he isn't phased by the cookie crumb that sits on his pants, he just continues to look, my reaction causing him to laugh "By the colour of your cheeks you know what I'm talking about"

With an embarrassingly loud slap my hands go on my cheeks, I feel some kind of warmth, I also feel eyes of the customers fall on me "This Guy..." I click my tongue and stare him out, moving my hands from my cheeks.

"It's just warm in here, and for the record, I was angry because you ordered without me, In order for me to be jealous I would have to like you, which is impossible because I don't like you, I can never like you or anyone, ever. Especially a dog, I mean come on how can I fall for a beast!" 

I exhale deeply, ignoring the countless eyes that bore into me, I sink into the chair, stuffing the rest of the cookie in my mouth as I feel something begin to prickle in the corner of my eyes. 

For a brief moment I feel guilt got the words I have spoken, but that is soon replaced by numbness. 

I suddenly wish that I could disappear, the idea of the chair swallowing me whole was pleasant at this point. 

"Drink your hot chocolate its going to go cold" Chanyeol mutters and pushes it towards me, I flicked my eyes to his face, seeing a blank expression. He is no longer wearing a smile or looking at me, I shiver.

"I'm not thirsty" I clear my throat, putting my bag over my shoulder, I feel my heart thump unevenly against my chest, why does it hurt to see him emotionless?

These freaky emotions can't be good for me, I need to try and get away from him. I gather my strength and get up from the table "Goodbye Chanyeol" 

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol's voice has a hint of sadness in it, I feel the side of my face twitch.

"I'm going back, there is no use in me staying here" With a final sigh I begin to make my way through the sea of constantly staring eyes, pushing open the door only to be greeted by a sharp wind.

I smile and continue my walk as the bitterness of the weather seems to wash away whatever mysterious feelings I had in that shop, one thing for sure, I won't be going back in there anytime soon. 

I close my eyes to indulge in the sudden bliss I have concocted from the wind, only for it to be interrupted by something warm around my waist.

My eyes fly open, I gasp as I see a car zoom past me, my heart lurches against my chest. I release that I was stood inches away from the middle of the road, I must have gotten re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter