Jeju

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We walk down the hall in silence as I continue to glance back at the room I had just come out of, so many questions still remained unanswered, Chanyeol needed no explanation as he heard everything from outside of the door, I wish I was not so vulnearable in that moment, these emotions are not me - they are Chanyeol's influence.

Non the less, my father and I settled in the fact that we have a mutual familial affection for eachother, but for the sanity of his wife - whom I not bother call my mother, we would not mention our relations to eachother. Whilst thinking about my feelings my fingers flutter to the necklace upon my neck, I delicately the diamonds curves which brings me to look at Chanyeol's face, the man who in himself is a diamond.

I really do feel something for him, whether I like it or not he has undone the wound up coil inside of me and now I'm just full of useless emotion I never thought I would have - could have. The more I focus on Chanyeol, the more he looks like he is in deep thought, his lips pursed, I put the small box my father had gave me in the pocket of the jacket I was wearing, I decide it is probably better to open it later.

I reach out to touch his shoulder; worried about his thoughts, just as my fingers graze his shirt he turns to face me, I look to him hoping he will talk as my eyes are filled with confusion.

He takes my outstretched hand in his, a forethought smile on his lips "I want to take you away, just for a week"

The sudden proposition takes me by suprise, I feel my hand twitch in his "Take me away? Where?" I ask, my voice filled with inquisition and elation.

"Jeju Island" he pauses "The village I was thinking of going to has a really homely atmosphere-"

"Jeju" I swallow the lump the word had created in my mouth "Isnt that place supposed to be for newly weds or long lasting relationships?"

My stomach clenches in a way that makes me slightly nauseated, I do not comprehend the reasons behind this sickness.

"Haru, please just hear me out" He softly presses my hand to his own, finding my gaze "I want to go there to get away from this place for a while, I think it will do us good to spend some time with eachother away from the drama"

I nod in agreement to him, exhaling intensely in response to my own thoughts, I know by brain rejects the thought of indulging myself in Chanyeol's precence still, yet I try and scavange the excitement that is dampened by all my fears.

"You're right, it would do us good to get away from here" I bring the back of his hand to my cheek, feeling a knot form between my eyebrows "But why would you do something like this?"

I notice his cheeks are slightly pink, he just moves his head in a jerk backwards "Come, ill show you" I follow behind him, completely oblivious to what it is he could want to show me but not be able to say it in words. Chanyeol isnt the type of person to have his tongue snatched, hence why I am so hesitant about this entire scenario; he doesn't look back at me once as we enter his dormitory.

The place is empty as expected, but there is something sweet about the air, it makes my heart thud an unusual rythm as he leads me into his room. His hand slips softly out of my own, the sun peaks in through the curtains, shining directly on my body, Chanyeol's hand creates a temporary shadow as he reaches for a calendar, he glances at it quickly before handing it to me. I look down at the simple calendar he gave me, looking across the dates.

My shoulders straighten, I get a lump in my throat, I feel my cheeks turn an unlawful shade of red as I understand why he refused to say this aloud "I dont know if I'm ready Chanyeol..." I admit this with honesty, finding it hard to meet his burning gaze.

"Me neither" He then lets out a throaty chuckle, His hand finding mine that so feverishly clings to the calendar, I drop it at his touch "But we both know there is no way of escaping it..."

"I struggle with you kis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter