Nightmare

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"BE QUIET! You are nothing but a dirty tarnish on our good name!" He bellowed while hitting me on my back again. I tried to get away from him but the metal chains wrapped around my arms restrained me from doing so.

Previously that day, being at the young age of 8, I got curious and decided to test my powers; I didn't think about the consequences even though I had been warned many times of the outcome. I was testing out how hot I could get my fireball, alone in my room, as I watched the hot red flames flicker into blue, I didn't notice the door open behind me. 

"What are you doing?" Out of shock, I turned around to see who it was and accidentally threw my fireball at her. I recognised her a bit, I think she was around the same age as me and I had once been in the same training class as her until they forbid me from using my powers. The young fell to the floor, writhing in pain and screamed with all her might... I had burned her face.

The once pale skin was now shades of red and pink, the flesh contorting right in front of me. I felt scared and I wanted to help her but I was frozen in place when a high leading demon had run into the room after hearing the girl's screams, he looked at me with eyes filled with anger, disgust and disappointment. Others had followed in after him and they instantly rushed to the wounded demon, helping her up and taking her out of the room, all of them throwing curses at me before they left.

The first man who had appeared stayed behind and grabbed me by the arm, his hand heating up and burning into my arm. He dragged me out of my room and I whimpered in pain as I felt his grasp searing into my skin, but I tried to hide it because I knew worst was to come, I would have to be punished for going against the rules.

He had shoved me into a room and when he let go of me, I saw a red handprint melding into my skin. He then grabbed ahold of me once again but by the wrists this time, he then fixed chains to either one and picked up a whip with pieces of jagged glass attached to the ends. He made a rip in the back of my shirt so my back was exposed, but my front was covered.

He then hit me with the whip, and again, and again. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I felt the searing pain and I could tell I would always be reminded of my mistake since I knew I would scar. I must have also been bleeding because I could feel something wet trickle down my back. 

He threw harmful comments at me as he did this, calling me a tarnish, saying I wasn't a demon and didn't belong there. I had heard them all before, but it didn't mean they didn't hurt any less.

I just kept crying and screaming, pleading for him to stop...

 

"Haru! Haru! Wake up!" I felt someone shaking me by the shoulders and I opened my eyes, only to be greeted with Suki's concerned face. "Are you okay?! You were screaming and begging for 'him' to stop."

"Could you please let me go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter