Butterfly

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I almost got hit by a car, I decided that the best option would be to get as far away from civilization as possible, and towards the serendipity of nature.

When I arrived at the school earlier, I had seen branches and the tops of trees peering behind the school building; I might as well head over there since the school was filled with other creatures - something I hate. The only interaction with other living beings that I don't mind is with butterflies, they are beautiful and don't speak, just elegantly flutter around. I had been up to Earth many times before when the demons let me go on a school trip with the other children, but they never allowed me to go on another one again but I didn't mind, I just snuck out when they were all pissing me off and went back to that same place. 

The first time I went to Earth, it was early spring when I visited back then, it was freezing cold to me since I was only used to hot temperatures, I also didn't bring a coat because some students had tricked me into believing that it was going to be a blazing day on earth. Having never visited before, I trusted them and suffered badly. My toes and fingers felt numb and the group ditched me, leaving me on my own and I somehow wandered into a green field decorated with many small and beautiful flowers.

I had sat on the ground and observed all my surroundings, it was all so beautiful and nothing that I had ever seen before in hell. Even though it was afternoon and the sun was at the peak, my small body was confused by the cool temperature and I found myself hugging my knees, trying my best to try and warm up. I then convinced myself to use my powers and make a small ball of fire in my hands, bringing warmth to me and my surroundings. 

I wasn't allowed to use any of my powers because the head demons said I was too advanced, but they weren't there at that moment, I could do whatever I wanted to. Not long after I had got feeling back in my body, a small, dark butterfly had caught my eye; I had only ever read about them before in books at the library, never actually seeing one in r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter