Chapter 7

As long as you alive: chaptered

Chanyeol freezes in shock for a while before regaining his focus back. He frowns.

“Why would Sehun use my birthday for his door’s password?” Chanyeol mumbles confusedly as he steps into the house. The house is quiet, so quiet and Chanyeol shiver, not because he’s cold, but because the house feels eerily familiar.

“I’m sure I’ve never been here.” Chanyeol mumbles to himself, frowning as he looks around for Sehun. He can’t find Sehun anywhere in the living room, and without him realizing, his legs step forward before stopping in front of a bedroom with an open door. Chanyeol looks inside and found Sehun already deep in sleep.

“That was unexpected. For someone stuck up like you, I can’t imagine you being this careless.” Chanyeol comments before walking away and stop at the kitchen. He automatically rummaging around, looking for something to serve when Sehun wakes up later. It doesn’t even cross his mind as weird when he knows where everything are situated like it was his own house.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Chanyeol frowns as he stare at the ingredients spread in front of him.

“Am I even doing this right? I never try cooking, Irene do it all the time…” Chanyeol complains as he picks up a radish to stare at it confusedly.

“You should try it. Cooking I mean. I bet you’ll be good at it.” Sehun speaks shocking Chanyeol from his inner battle. Sehun smiles as he walks forward, fresh from shower.

“I never thought I’ll be able to see this scene again in my lifetime.” Sehun comments making Chanyeol looks up at him. He catches how Sehun looks longingly at him and he immediately looks away. Then Chanyeol realizes that Sehun’s upper body is completely bare. Chanyeol immediately blush and focus his attention back on the radish.

“Have some decency Sehun. You have guest.” Chanyeol warns trying his best not to sound awkward.

“Why am I even blushing?” Chanyeol can’t help but wonder. Sehun chuckles lightly. He silently walks back into his room and come out ready for work. Sehun then walks to sit on one of the chair at the dining table.

“A guest? Who? You?” Sehun asks, tone a bit playful. Chanyeol rolls his eyes at the question.

“Of course, it’s my first time being here.” Chanyeol confirms confidently. Sehun stays silent as he watches Chanyeol prepares the food with ease.

“He was complaining not knowing how to cook earlier…” Sehun shook his head and smile.

“You know, for a guest who come here for the first time, you seems awfully comfortable being here. You even manage to find everything and cook me a meal. Even I have trouble finding sugars for my tea sometimes.” Sehun points out looking at Chanyeol with his chin on his hand. Chanyeol paused.

“Sehun does have a point…” Chanyeol thought eyeing the ladle in his hand and the apron tied around his waist. He blinks confusedly.

“Actually…I…” Chanyeol paused. He doesn’t really have any good explanation for it when suddenly Sehun chuckles.

“Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to explain yourself. I love seeing you like this. It reminds me about…” Sehun pauses as suddenly Chanyeol shoves some food in front of him.

“Eat faster. You’ll be late for your 2 o’clock meeting.” Chanyeol said avoiding Sehun’s eyes. Sehun glares at Chanyeol.

“You should stop cutting my words Park Chanyeol. You know very well what I do to people like that. You’re the one who receives it all the time.” Sehun warns making Chanyeol automatically tensing up. He don’t realize how Sehun phrase his word but Chanyeol can feel that what Sehun warns him suggesting way beyond their relationship right now.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Jongdae follows Baekhyun silently as they cross the road. They then enter a building that looks like a cheap motel. When they enter one of the rooms, the one escorting them ask them to wait for a while. Jongdae almost scoff at the supposedly grand gesture when a man finally enter the room. Jongdae and Baekhyun look at the man with knowing look then smile.

“You have seriously bad taste, Isaac.” Jongdae starts when the man, Isaac takes the seat situated in front of them.

“…and you still as straightforward like the last time I remember, Chen.” Isaac said greeting Jongdae.

“Baek, you should do me some justice. My interior is not that bad. It’s just…unique? Right?” Isaac turns to ask Baekhyun and Baekhyun scoffs.

“It is bad.” Baekhyun answers short. Isaac grunts.

“You guys still love ganging on me. That’s unfair. So, what bring you guys here, to my humble workplace?” Isaac asks turning serious as he knows very well Byun Baekhyun will only meet him for one reason only.

“There’s something Byun Baekhyun wants and it’s not within his power to do so…and if he brings Chen with him, the thing Baekhyun wants must be important since Chen serve as Baekhyun guilty conscience.” Isaac thought as he watches Baekhyun pull out a file.

“I have a job for you.” Baekhyun says simply and Isaac turns his full focus on Baekhyun. Jongdae can’t help but sighs. He doesn’t really like how things are going but they don’t really have that much choice. Isaac is a good way to obtain some information especially something that is impossible legally. Dealing with Isaac means that they are risking themselves to be caught. That’s the reason they keep contact with each other to a minimum even when they’re a good friends.

“It’s about Yeollie. We found out that the one we’ve buried is not him. I’ve been trying to find out what happen but my access to the information have been block.” Baekhyun explains fully and that catches Isaac interest.

“Someone blocking you? But why? Why would anyone do that? And if that wasn’t Chanyeol, where is he? What happen to him?” Isaac wonders out loud.

“That’s the problem. All his information, his journey log from where he works, his medical record, all were sealed. I’ve come to dead end.” Baekhyun said sounding frustrated. Jongdae nods as he pushes his phone toward Isaac.

“…and that’s the trigger why we’ve come to this.” Jongdae said calms making Isaac laughs a little.

“Are you sure you don’t want to be an investigator and works with me, Jongdae? You’re such a mind reader. It’ll be a waste to stay with Baekhyun. I can pay you more than what you and Baek earns.” Isaac propose making Baekhyun scoff.

“Jongdae prefers a safe and ordinary life. He’s been living an exemplary lifestyle since high-school, what makes you think he’ll change to be something like you? Besides, friends are all about loyalty, man.” Baekhyun exclaims making Jongdae chuckles and Isaac scoffs back.

“That’s why both of you were so boring.” Isaac points out as he reaches for the phone on the table. His eyes immediately widen at what he sees.

“This is recent.” Isaac comments still surprise.

“He works with Sehun and Kai.” Jongdae points out and Isaac’s eyes can’t get any wider that it already is.

“…and Sehun?” Isaac asks sounding worried.

“Torn.” Baekhyun answers short making Isaac gulps.

“You guys think that this is Yeollie?” Isaac asks for confirmation and both of them nod.

“We can feels it. We just need the how and why, and of course some proof. The now Chanyeol is apparently married with a child.” Baekhyun states making Isaac jaws drop.

“Man, how must Sehun feel…?” Isaac wonders making both of them sigh.

“Sehun is a sharp one. Eventually he’ll question it. So, before he breaks or come to you, please do your magic.” Jongdae said sincerely and Isaac nods.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They were going out for work when Chanyeol’s eyes catches the velvet box next to a photo. He automatically walks there and stop when the picture comes into view. Chanyeol sees himself in the picture.

“No, it wasn’t me.” He thought, realizing there’s no way he’ll get used to see someone so similar to him. Sehun is already standing next to him. His hand reaching for the picture.

“This was the time when you won the best actor award from your drama club. We haven’t met each other at this time.” Sehun comments slowly making Chanyeol looks at him in shock.

“Who? Me?” Chanyeol asks but Sehun simply ignores him. Sehun traces Chanyeol’s outline from the picture.

“I’m younger than you, and you always complains about that fact. You said I was born so late making you always falling in love for the wrong person.” Sehun gives out a weak chuckle. He then turns to look at Chanyeol.

“You was always so happy and bubbly, it’s difficult to live without you.” Sehun said sincerely and Chanyeol looks guiltily at him. He don’t really want to do this, but he has too.

“Sehun, I’m sorry but it’s not me. Who are you talking about, exactly?” Chanyeol asks carefully, not to hurt Sehun and Sehun’s expression turns hard.

“My Chanyeol…” Sehun trails off as his gaze turn intense. He stands properly to his height and stride toward Chanyeol making the man backing away in caution. Sehun keeps walking until Chanyeol’s back fully flat on the wall. He traps Chanyeol between his hands and leans closer. Chanyeol tries to stop him, putting his hand on Sehun’s chest but Sehun powerfully pull Chanyeol’s hands away and keep them in his hold. Sehun leans closer.

“Sehun, don’t do this…” Chanyeol pleads, a bit afraid but Sehun keeps on ignoring him. Sehun nose was so near to Chanyeol’s jaw when Sehun’s stop. He inhales deeply. He was so sure, but when he smells Chanyeol’s cologne that has the mix of woman perfume and baby powder, he halts. Sehun steps back and look at Chanyeol with hurt expression.

“It can’t be you. You won’t do this to me.” Sehun exclaims and Chanyeol can’t help but stare back at him. He somehow feels violated.

“I’m trying to understand you. Trying to feel your pain. There’s no way I’ll know how it’s like losing someone you love dearly, but this is getting too much Sehun. You can’t pull that stunt on me. I have a wife and a child. What would they say if they saw us like that?” Chanyeol said sounding a bit angry. Sehun glares back at him.

“…and what about me? Have you ever consider how I feel when I saw you with her? With that child? I’m the one supposed to be at her place…and it’s our child you should be holding. How could you, leaving and have child of your own when you promise me, that I…I’ll be…” Sehun paused. He feels so frustrated. Chanyeol’s expression already harden.

“What? I never promise you anything. I don’t even remember who you are, less knowing you at all before this. Why are you doing this to me?” Chanyeol challenges and Sehun finally snaps. He punches Chanyeol directly on his jaw making Chanyeol stumbles backward and fall to the floor. Sehun then leaves Chanyeol alone as he steps out of his house. Chanyeol sighs then rubs his face. He winces as he realizes how sore his jaws is and his lips are bleeding.

“Nice, now I’ll loss my job and I’ll be a slave to that Jung bastard. Why do you have to be so stupid, Park Chanyeol?” Chanyeol sighs again as he tries to stand up. He then look around.

“Man, now what should I do? Sehun decides to leave me alone in his house without any keys. How am I going to leave this place? Aish…” Chanyeol complains sulkily as he messes his hair in frustration.

“You should be glad Sehun, that even though you punch me, I’m still worried about you. Maybe I’ll just wait here until Sehun cool down. I hope Sehun won’t be angry with me for long.” Chanyeol mumbles as he decides to stay and wait.

.........................................................................................................................

A/n: You guys do realize that Sehun is the seme in this fict right? should i do mpreg or should they adopt if they end up together? anyway enjoy and leave some comments. ^-^