Chapter 4

As long as you alive: chaptered

13 December 2011

Sehun looks at the man who was currently focusing on his homework. The young man had been following him around for days that Sehun eventually get used to it.

“Chanyeol…” he calls breaking the man concentration. Chanyeol was frowning and tapping his fingers on the table nervously before he stops to look at Sehun.

“Yes?” Chanyeol answers with excited eyes and wide smile, obviously glad someone pull him away from the horror of math.

“I know you.” Sehun said short making Chanyeol frown again and tilt his head in confusion.

“Huh?” Chanyeol can’t help but utter it and Sehun remains silent. Chanyeol simply shrug it and start to do his homework again when Sehun speaks.

“You’re pretty famous you know.” Sehun said and that catch Chanyeol attention. He looks blankly at Sehun.

“Because I’m friend with Jongdae and Baekhyun?” Chanyeol guess.

“Not really. I know you for completely different reason.” Sehun answers. It’s true that the trio, Kim Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol are pretty well known. Kim Jongdae, the transfer student, who speaks mandarin and English like it is his mother tongue and already a student council representative in his second year, he’s the talk of the professor. For Byun Baekhyun, he’s the principal’s son. No other explanation needed for that. Sehun looks at Chanyeol, assessing him. Park Chanyeol is a mystery. But if the young man already wearing a Chopard on his wrist, he must be something.

“I’m well informed that you have pretty weird habit.” Sehun states making Chanyeol grins guiltily.

“Well informed? It’s frightening how people talk, isn’t it?” Chanyeol said jokingly and Sehun rolls his eyes.

“I can’t help it. They flooded me with information and warning since you declare me as your boyfriend.” Sehun said grumpily and Chanyeol chuckle. He put his chin in his hand and stare at Sehun.

“Are you acknowledging me as your boyfriend now, Sehunnie?” Chanyeol asks, smiling wide looking very pleased. Sehun frowns.

“Will it do any different if I say no?” Sehun inquires and Chanyeol shook his head.

“Not really.” Chanyeol said happily, chuckling a bit. Sehun scoffs.

“Then, why bother asking?” Sehun grumbles making Chanyeol burst into laughter. Sehun ignores Chanyeol and start on his homework again when Chanyeol ask him.

“What kind of warning?” Chanyeol asks. Sehun frowns at the sudden question when Chanyeol asks again.

“What do they warn you about me?” Chanyeol said making Sehun snickers.

“A possible heartbreak. Because, apparently they said you were shot by the cupid arrow every now and then.” Sehun said calmly making Chanyeol grins.

“So, is it your cupid that has been shooting me?” Chanyeol asks teasingly. Sehun looks at him with raised eyebrows. Then Chanyeol chuckles.

“I’m quite disappointed. I’m hoping that you’ll fell a little bit jealous because of that.” Chanyeol says sincerely. Sehun looks quite shock. He sighs.

“You’re not quite there yet, Mr. Park Chanyeol.” Sehun said seriously making Chanyeol smiles wide.

“You forget something Sehunnie. Because I’ve been following you around, the only arrow I’ve been receiving is from you. So, take responsibility.” Chanyeol offers making Sehun frowns.

“Are you blaming me for the fact that you had less date this whole week?” Sehun asks in disbelief. Chanyeol frowns and cross his arm.

“Because of you I don’t even have any date. Come on Sehun. Let’s go out. You should treat me some ice-cream.” Chanyeol pleads. Sehun sighs heavily.

“I don’t really have the time for that Chanyeol. You know it.” Sehun tries to reason out. Chanyeol just end up pouting.

“You’re mean.” Chanyeol said clearly sulking now making Sehun sighs again.

“You don’t act like what you look, aren’t you?” Sehun asks. Chanyeol remains silent. Sehun keeps on sighing. He closes his book. He then stands up. Chanyeol looks bewildered.

“Where are you going?” Chanyeol asks confuse.

“You said that you want ice cream.” Sehun said short, but that was enough to make Chanyeol jumps from his seat. He smiles wide.

“You said you don’t have the time.” Chanyeol reminds as he follows Sehun out of the room.

“I don’t. So let’s make use of the time we have left.” Sehun answers boringly, unknowingly making Chanyeol’s heart swell with happiness.

“I love you.” Chanyeol claims happily, snaking his arm around Sehun. Sehun grumbles.

“I know.” He mumbles acknowledging that fact.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun watches silently as Chanyeol interacts with his best friend Jongdae and Baekhyun. It was clear that the two guys adore Chanyeol a lot.

“Come on Chanyeol, you can’t do this. This is an abuse of power.” Baekhyun remind as he tries to pull Chanyeol away from Sehun and Jongdae. Jongdae chuckles seeing them disappear.

“But Baek, it was just a rehearsal. They don’t need me. I want to spent time with Sehun.” Chanyeol argues.

“What are you saying? You’re their lead actor. Of course they need you. Beside you’ll just bother Sehun and Chen.” Sehun eyes widen hearing Baekhyun’s voice reach their room. Jongdae still chuckling.

“Looks like Yeollie is head over heel for you.” Jongdae said making Sehun scoffs.

“Isn’t that kind of understatement sunbae?” Sehun asks making Jongdae chuckles again.

“Just hyung, Yeollie won’t be please if we put distance between us just because of a title.” Jongdae said and Sehun nods.

“No wonder he’s so spoiled. Both of you always comply with his demand.” Sehun points out making Jongdae grins.

“Aren’t you too?” He asks knowingly making Sehun looks away. A blush can be seen forming on his face. Jongdae grins wider.

“You can’t resist it. So just accept that fact. It won’t do you any harm. Besides, I don’t think you oppose to the fact that Chanyeol confess first that much. I’ve been in the same room with you every time Yeollie came to visit you know.” Jongdae said calm making Sehun turns deep red.

“Jongdae is right. It hurts his ego when Chanyeol confess first when he’s the one that found Chanyeol first.” Sehun thought silently.

Present day

Chanyeol was frowning with his arms cross looking at the pile of folders being place on his table.

“I know this is some kind of conspiracy to make me stay late at the office.” Chanyeol accuses as Kai put another stack of folder next to the first one. Kai grins.

“You can blame Sehun for this. He always cut some slack for the last secretary since she always flashes us her y long legs.” Kai said. Chanyeol looks judgingly at him.

“You’re the one that put all these file on my table and its Sehun fault?” Chanyeol asks. Kai was still grinning when Sehun comes with a handful of file.

“Chanyeol, I have this…” Sehun wants to say but stop when Chanyeol groans loudly.

“No way…this can't be happening.” Chanyeol said frustrated and Kai almost laugh.

“I told you.” He mouth to Chanyeol before running away. Chanyeol turns to glare at Sehun who looks confuse.

“Sehun! You’re so mean.” Chanyeol said and he pouts. He feels somehow mistreated. Sehun walks slowly putting his file next to the two tall pile.

“Should I buy you some ice cream?” Sehun suggest with a soft smile. Chanyeol beams up at the suggestion but immediately looks away, pouting.

“Isn’t that kind of childish?” He mumbles clearly still sulking.

“I think chocolate will be nice.” Sehun said and Chanyeol can’t no longer hide his excitement.

“Can I get two?” he asks eagerly making Sehun smiles wide.

“You can eat all you want.” Sehun said and Chanyeol almost jump in happiness.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Chanyeol sits in front of Sehun, a large bowl of ice cream in front of him. He doesn’t understand it, but he feels giddy. It feels like it was his first date.

“Maybe Irene and I had shared moments like this.” Chanyeol thought as he watches Sehun silently drinks his bubble tea.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Chanyeol asks. Sehun just smiles.

“You’re not going to finish that.” Sehun said short and Chanyeol scoffs.

“You’re wrong. I have another stomach for dessert.” Chanyeol says confidently and begin eating.

“You always said that.” Sehun mumbles making Chanyeol looks at him confusedly, mouth messy with cream.

“What?” he asks with mouth full. Sehun shakes his head before leaning forward to clean the mess with his thumb.

“Eat slower babe, we’re not in a rush.” Sehun said as he then his thumb. He was reaching out again to caress Chanyeol’s face when Chanyeol hold his hand.

“Sehun, what are you doing?” Chanyeol asks. He looks completely shock and Sehun immediate look down. Chanyeol lets go of Sehun’s hand. Sehun looks at Chanyeol with a hurt expression.

“It just a friendly gesture isn’t it?” Chanyeol asks for confirmation and Sehun freeze. It was silent for a while. Sehun fists his hand tight before he subtly nods.

“I’m sorry, I should use napkin.” Sehun apologize.

“You should.” Chanyeol said and they remains silent afterward. Chanyeol silently eating his ice cream and Sehun lost in thought stirring his half-drank bubble tea when Chanyeol calls his name.

“Sehun…” Chanyeol pauses when Sehun looks directly at him. A light blush on his face.

“It’ll be a waste, but I don’t think I can finish this ice cream.” Chanyeol said not really looking at Sehun. Sehun can’t help but smile.

“Do you want me to share it with you?” Sehun asks. Chanyeol nods.

“You don’t really mind sharing it with me?” Sehun asks again. Chanyeol shook his head.

“No you don’t mind or no, you don’t want to share it with me?” Sehun keeps asking and Chanyeol unexpectedly reach for his hand and put a spoon in it.

“Just eat it already.” Chanyeol said, his face and ears are completely red. Sehun smiles. Sincerely smiles. He then grab the spoon and dig in.

“You’re the source to my pain, and you’re also the only one able to cure it.” Sehun thought silently.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Baekhyun comes into the room with an envelope in his hand. Jongdae looks at him warily.

“Is that Yeol…his post-mortem?” Jongdae asks shakily. Baekhyun rubs his face. He takes the seat directly in front of Jongdae.

“I used all the help I can get.” Baekhyun said as he eyes the envelope on the desk. Jongdae reaches for it.

“What is it?” He asks as he unwind the string.

“His dental record. That’s the only thing left to…” Baekhyun suddenly break down.

“Dae…the doctors said that his DNA were destroyed because of the fire…oh god…Yeollie…” Baekhyun’s tears stream down. Jongdae walks to Baekhyun to calm him down.

“It’s ok…we have this…this is the proof.” Jongdae whispers as tries his best to comfort Baekhyun.

.............................................................................................................................

A/n: Please leave some comments... ^-^