Chapter 17

As long as you alive: chaptered

Chanyeol peeks from the bedroom door and sees Sehun sleeping soundly on the sofa. He debates within himself whether to wake Sehun up or not since Sehun needs to go to work. For the time that Chanyeol remembers, Sehun was never late for work except when he’s sick, but today Sehun didn’t even show the sign of waking up. Chanyeol sighs.

“I better wake him up, there not much time left.” Chanyeol mumbles as he steps out of the room and walks closer to where Sehun is sleeping.

“Hey, Sehun wakes up or you’re going to be late for work.” Chanyeol said extending his hand to shake Sehun when suddenly Sehun’s hand clasps his and Sehun’s eyes open wide. Chanyeol almost curses due to the shock as he feels like his heart almost drop.

“What are you doing that for?!!!” Chanyeol asks, voice rising high as Sehun still hold his hand tightly and stares at him. Sehun smiles.

“I thought you will be gone when I woke up this morning and everything that happen are just a dream. I’m glad it’s not.” Sehun said sincerely making Chanyeol looks away as his face heat up.

“It’ll be easier if I’m not losing any memories…at least all this awkwardness won’t happen…” Chanyeol mumbles to himself making Sehun smiles wide. Losing memories or not, Chanyeol is still as adorable as he remembers. Sehun shifts up to sit as he bring Chanyeol’s clasps hand to his chest.

“Where’s my morning kiss?” Sehun asks suddenly stopping Chanyeol from his self-complain.

“Huh?” Chanyeol asks not really able to process Sehun’s question. He thought he heard Sehun said something about kiss. Sehun looks at him amusedly.

“Well, you used to wake me up like that. Often time I end up late for work since it’ll escalates quickly to something else.” Sehun comments casually with a hint of tease in his voice and Chanyeol really don’t want to think what he thought from Sehun’s words.

“I still found it hard to believe I was like that. I have amazing self-control when I was with Irene.” Chanyeol recalls absently not realizing how tenses Sehun be with his information.

“He believed he was married to Irene for more than a year. How far had they gone? Did my Chanyeol already….” Sehun thought possessively and saying that Sehun is green with envy is understatement.

“Did you slept with her?” Sehun asks shocking Chanyeol with how direct he is. Sehun don’t even try to be polite. Chanyeol realize that Sehun was gripping his hand tighter and glaring at him. Chanyeol can’t help but frown.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to tell my life to you no matter what’s your relationship with me in the past.” Chanyeol warns not going to easily follow what’s Sehun want as Sehun keeps on glaring at him.

“You’re still my fiancée Park Chanyeol, my lover no matter if it’s in the past or present and my wife in the future…” Sehun said confidently and Chanyeol unknowingly blush. Sehun said it with determination and Chanyeol was losing his cool fast. He was embarrassed to admit to Sehun that nothing really happen despite him being married to a woman more than a year.

“How will Sehun think of him as a man?” Chanyeol wonders as he looks at Sehun who was expectantly waiting for answer.

“Please Sehun...do you have to know?” Chanyeol said with the biggest puppy eyes he can muster. Sehun closes his eyes and sighs deeply. Under normal circumstance, he would have relent, but Sehun jealousy trump over anything.

“Baby, please. I need to know.” Sehun said again, this time coaxing and Chanyeol can’t help but pout. He can’t believe Sehun can resist his aegyo.

“Fine, we don’t even shared a kiss. Are you satisfied?” Chanyeol reveals and don’t even have time to wallow in self-pity for his incompetence as a man when Sehun pulls him and kiss him deeply. Sehun was shoving his tongue and exploring his cavern and Chanyeol was losing air fast when Sehun finally release him. Sehun his lips and Chanyeol is so red from jumbles up of emotions. It shocked Chanyeol that he don’t really mind Sehun molesting his amnesiac self.

“I’m glad you weren’t tainted.” Sehun comments when he brings Chanyeol into his hug. Chanyeol scoffs as he pushes himself away. Eyes turning to slit.

“Not tainted? I thought you had tainted me to a point of no return.” Chanyeol states plainly making Sehun chuckles heartily.

“It’s fine as long if it’s me.” Sehun said thumbing Chanyeol’s lower lip. He starts leaning in again when Chanyeol put his hand on Sehun’s chest to stop him.

“I don’t think I’m ready to give you excuse for coming in late for work. I don’t remember anything you know.” Chanyeol reminds and Sehun chuckles again.

“Fine, fine.” Sehun lets go and finally sit up properly. He was near the bathroom when he turns to look at Chanyeol.

“Babe, aren’t you coming?” Sehun asks and Chanyeol sighs. He knows it’ll be a futile attempt to ask Sehun to restraint himself from using endearment. He sighs again.

“I’m not going. I have enough of you at home. I’ll quit.” Chanyeol said simply not realizing the smirks that adorn Sehun’s face.

“But you haven’t had me yet, Yeollie.” Sehun points out and Chanyeol reflectively throws the pillow Sehun sleeps in at the said man face. Sehun catches the pillow effortlessly.

“Just go get your shower already.” Chanyeol can’t help but whine. Sehun laughs as he finally enters the bathroom.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Sehun keeps on smiling to himself when suddenly the door of his office is knock from outside. He frowns a bit since he doesn’t remember any appointment for him for that day when the person opens the door. It’s his brother, Suho.

“Seeing you smiling like that, I guess you’re no longer mad at me.” Suho said as he takes the seat in front of Sehun. Sehun smiles guiltily.

“I’m sorry for last time hyung. I’m being quite rude to you, in front of your wife nevertheless.” Sehun readily apologizes and Suho sighs. He recalls how tense Sehun was the last time he visited. Sehun was only like that when there’s Chanyeol. Seriously, his little brother possessiveness is no joke. Everyone in their circle of friends are well aware of that fact.

“At least you feel bad for it.” Suho states and Sehun looks in guilt. Suho sighs again.

“You’re forgiven. Like I could stay mad at you for long.” Suho said making Sehun smiles.

“Why are you here hyung? You can always come to my house when I’m off from work.” Sehun asks, finally feeling better.

“I don’t plan for surprise visit. Especially when Chanyeol and you starts living together again. You guys will go at it like bunnies and I value my eyes far more for something like that.” Suho states plainly making blush creep up on Sehun’s face. He was going to remain silent when he realizes something.

“Hyung, wha….how…did you…” Sehun was lost for words.

“What? That I know you and your beloved had gone all the way even when you guys were still in high school?” Suho phrase the question for Sehun and Sehun pales in instance. Suho was the students’ council president before Jongdae, so he was very strict and since Sehun was a student council members himself, Suho had warned him again and again about moral conducts, especially the NO BEFORE MARRIAGE part when Chanyeol made himself his boyfriend. Suho smirks.

“It’s a good thing that you used protection right? You’re doing well enough not getting caught but that lovers of yours have never known the idea of secrecy…the old him that is.” Suho states and Sehun gulps. He knows that Chanyeol will be the dead of him, but he never thought it will be in this way.

“H…Hy…Hyung…” Sehun stutters, afraid for his life but he hears Suho sighs quite loudly.

“…and the old me will nag you till your ears fall off, but I don’t have time. Eomma asks me to give this to you and I have a plane to catch. I left Yixing alone with a severe morning sickness far too long already.” Suho states as he push a container filled with Kimchi. Sehun’s eyes widen at the news.

“Morning sickness? Is your wife pregnant hyung?” Sehun asks, excitement clears in his voice. Suho nods as answer before excusing himself in a rush. Sehun just watch Suho walks away from his seat.

“That’s amazing hyung. I’m happy for you.” Sehun said as he moves the container away. He was sitting down again when his eyes catch the old picture of him and Chanyeol.

“I’m quite envious, my hyung only met his wife last year and he’s already married with a baby coming…” Sehun paused as he takes the picture and sit down.

“If I asks you to marry me now would you accept it, baby?” Sehun asks as he traces Chanyeol’s picture with his finger.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Chanyeol was totally focus watching drama when Sehun drops next to him. Chanyeol watches as Sehun leans back and loosen his necktie.

“I can’t never win against drama.” Sehun comments eyeing the TV tiredly, successfully catching Chanyeol’s attention.

“Huh?” Chanyeol asks not really getting it.

“Yeollie, you don’t even notice I’m coming in.” Sehun states making Chanyeol turns away. It is true that he easily lost in his world when he watches drama. Chanyeol looks guiltily.

“I’m sorry, do you need anything to drink or eat?” Chanyeol asks trying to redeem himself but Sehun simply closes his eyes. Sehun was already dozing off and Chanyeol shakes his shoulder to wake Sehun up.

“Sehun, wakes up. At least go shower first. Your exhaustion will stay if you sleep straight on.” Chanyeol said still shaking Sehun which makes Sehun falls to the sofa completely. Chanyeol, losing his balance, falls on top of Sehun. He was going to get himself up when a terrible headache attacks him. Chanyeol closes his eyes, open them slowly, blinking several times and when he feels fine, he opens his eyes completely. A sudden memory come rushing to his mind. They were in the same position, Sehun lying below and him, on top. Sehun’s hand encircling his waist and he was looking straight at Chanyeol. Sehun was saying something. Chanyeol frowns. He can’t remember what Sehun was saying. Chanyeol frowns and closes his eyes trying to focus not realizing he wakes Sehun up. Sehun blinks several times and his heart immediately jumps at the sight of Chanyeol trapping him. He feels his lips dry. Chanyeol still has his eyes close and Sehun moves his hands cautiously so that it lays on Chanyeol’s waist. Sehun’s action makes Chanyeol opens his eyes, startled.

“Sehun, did I wake you up?” Chanyeol asks as he tries to get away but Sehun’s hands on his waist hold him in place.

“Would you marry me?” Sehun said and Chanyeol’s eyes widen.

“Would you marry me?” Sehun repeats and Chanyeol is at loss for words, unable to process the situation when suddenly Sehun release him, pushing him a bit to get up from the sofa.

“That’s what I asked you the last time we were in that position.” Sehun explains as Chanyeol remains silent. Sehun force a weak smile.

‘…and you still didn’t answer like the last time.” Sehun said as Chanyeol tries to look anywhere but him. Sehun stays silent and sensing that Sehun waiting for some response from him, Chanyeol gulps nervously.

“Sehun…i…” Chanyeol starts but Sehun cuts him.

“I’ll go and clean myself. What do you cook for dinner today?” Sehun asks clearly changing the subject making Chanyeol frowns. He still answers Sehun nevertheless.

“Samgyetang.” Chanyeol answers short and Sehun smiles.

“Good, can you heat it up for me?” Sehun asks and Chanyeol simply nods before leaving to the kitchen. Sehun looks at Chanyeol’s back with a pain expression.

“The last time, you answers me with action rather than words. You’d kiss me. This time…” Sehun pauses as he hears Chanyeol already start preparing the dinner table.

“Forgive me for being so selfish, but I don’t think I can accept any excuse or rejection, Park Chanyeol.” Sehun whispers as he drags himself to the bathroom.

.............................................................................

a/n: at the last long paragraph, the italic part is Chanyeol memory and the rest is the present...