Chapter 16

As long as you alive: chaptered

Chanyeol watches as Sehun punches the passwords for his house. It’s still the same, his birthday. Chanyeol can’t understand why he accept their suggestion in the first place.

Flashback…

“I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to keep living in your house.” Chanyeol said looking towards Isaac. Isaac smiles weakly.

“I don’t mind it. But I know you’ll be awkward.” Isaac nods as he agrees with what Chanyeol was saying

“Then, where are you going to live Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asks. Chanyeol shrugged.

“I don’t know. Anywhere near my workplace.” Chanyeol said sounding unsure. Baekhyun and Jongdae look at each other while Sehun remains silent. Jongdae starts smirking and Baekhyun knows what Jongdae trying to say when suddenly Kyungsoo speaks up.

“Just live with Sehun again. It’s the best way for you to regain your memories.” Kyungsoo said plainly and both Baekhyun and Jongdae gasp in shock.

“How can Kyungsoo said the exact same thing they’re going to say and make it sound completely innocent?” They wonder when Kai says something.

“But hyung, it’ll be really awkward.” Kai comments making all eyes turn toward him.

“Sehun wasn’t that much of a saint and Chanyeol hyung…” Kai looks at Chanyeol.

“I don’t think you’re ready, aren’t you?” Kai asks as Chanyeol nods fast. Chanyeol was going to reject the idea when the oldest among them speak.

“I think it’s for the best Chanyeol. Beside Baekhyun and Jongdae, the person who knows you as much is Sehun. Both of them rarely stay in Korea more than one week and Sehun…he can have some self-control if he wants too. Hyung can assure you that.” Suho said with a thumb up and a confident smile. Chanyeol can’t help but cringe a bit at Suho before he turns to look at Sehun who has been silent the whole conversation.

End of flashback…

“This is some sort of conspiracy.” Chanyeol thought as he steps into Sehun’s home (their home like Sehun said) and sees the man smiling from ear to ear.

“Aren’t you being too happy right now?” Chanyeol said a bit displeased. Sehun turns to look at Chanyeol.

“Welcome home.” Sehun greets with a wide smile and a wide hand gesture. Seeing how happy Sehun looks, a blush start forming on Chanyeol’s face as he looks away.

“I don’t remember anything.” Chanyeol complains but Sehun keeps on smiling. He pulls Chanyeol hand to make Chanyeol sits on the sofa.

“Wait here. I’ll serve you some drink.” Sehun said moving away toward the kitchen when Chanyeol suddenly stand up and rushes after him.

“I’ll do it. You said you can’t even remember where you put the sugar.” Chanyeol remind as he runs to the kitchen. Sehun chuckles slowly. Chanyeol stops and looks around the kitchen. He realize how comfortable he was in that kitchen before this.

“But I told him that I don’t remember. You babo!” Chanyeol whines annoyed when he hears Sehun chuckles. He turns around and sees Sehun leaning to the kitchen wall, arms crossed.

“Would you mind if I asks for some hot tea, babe?” Sehun said with a smile.

“Don’t call me babe.” Chanyeol complains not looking at Sehun, unhappily hearing Sehun little chuckles.

“But I called you that all the time. Unconsciously even when I still don’t know that you are…” Sehun stops when Chanyeol cuts him suddenly.

“Fine! Fine! Call me whatever you wants.” Chanyeol gives up as he tries to focus making the tea. His face already red from embarrassment. He was plating everything when he feels Sehun trails his every movement.

“Sehun!!!” Chanyeol wants to protest when he catches Sehun eyes looking lovingly at him. A smile adorn Sehun’s face. Chanyeol feels the heat from the embarrassment getting to his head.

“T…To…toilet…” Chanyeol stutters as he rushes away. After several splashes at his flushed face, Chanyeol realize something.

“You babo Chanyeol…and damn body reflex. How is it believable that you don’t remember anything if you keep acting like this. But I really don’t remember anything.” Chanyeol can’t help but whine in defeat.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Chanyeol was left with several photo albums when Sehun thankfully left for work that evening. He takes one of the album and make himself comfortable on the sofa. He scans the pictures one at a time trying to find anything that will jog his memories when his eyes land on a picture of him with a bandaged hand, Sehun and Kai in a hospital room. Sehun looked displease while Kai and him were grinning complete with a V sign. Chanyeol traces the bandage hand in the picture and look at his hand, the one that still bear the scar of his stitches.

“This must be the time when I broke my hand.” Chanyeol comments as he pulls the cover to take the picture out. He turns the picture around and see a short note written behind.

“Courtesy of Jongin. We’ve realize Chanyeol hyung have two left feet…and I don’t think Sehun would let you be anywhere near ball again hyung. ^-^” Chanyeol reads with a smile. He places the picture back and continue scanning again until two attached pictures catch his attention. One of the picture looks like some kind of a play, with a couple dancing at the center and another picture of Sehun with a deadly glare and arms crossed. Chanyeol frowns. He pull out the pictures and turn it to read the note behind.

“Courtesy of Kyungsoo hyung but written by Jongin, Woah hyung…you can fool anyone looking like that. Seeing how Sehun look, someone might lose his life…and hyung, prepare yourself. You won’t be able to walk for few days. (^_-).” Chanyeol frowns at the note. He turns the picture again at look at it closely and gasps in shock when he realize the one being hold tightly by the waist was actually him.

“Is…is that me. What the?” Chanyeol said quite shock as he blinks several times.

“I’m…I’m crossdressing for my school play?” He comments not really believing what he just saw. He read the note again.

“Prepare myself…I won’t be able to walk for few days…what does that means?” Chanyeol wonders in confusion. He places the picture back into the album and proceed to do some cooking. He realizes that he was too engrossed looking at the album it was already time for Sehun to come back. The note written was bothering him so much that when Sehun finally step into the house, Chanyeol rushes to ask Sehun himself.

“Why can’t I walk for days?” He asks not really bother to answer Sehun’s greeting.

“What?” Sehun asks back bewildered.

“I said, why does Kai said that I won’t be able to walk for few days.” Chanyeol asks again, clearly this time making Sehun frowns.

“Why would Jongin said that to you?” Sehun asks confuse as he places his bag on the sofa. Chanyeol walks to take the album, pull out the pictures in question and present it to Sehun.

“It was written behind this.” Chanyeol points out as Sehun takes the picture from Chanyeol. He reads the note and Sehun’s ears turn red when he recalls the memories of that time. Truth to what Jongin said, Chanyeol had to take several leave of absence after his performance and Baekhyun had to visit with some painkillers.

“For god sake, several days of leave of absence for sore ? You should be glad that I’m the principal son. You guys are breaking the school rules. Who in hell think it was right to have in the school ground…and what kind of do you guys had that you can’t even sit on your , Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asks fuming. Chanyeol hides behind poker face Sehun.

“I’m sorry…” Chanyeol whisper slowly behind Sehun and Baekhyun shots deadly glare towards the person responsible for the problem.

“Jongdae was rolling on the floor laughing and I feel like my heart literally drops when Kyungsoo break the news…Sehun, please…refrain yourself from doing that sort of acts. You’re the student council members for saying out loud.” Baekhyun warns.

“Forgive my impudent act Mr. Byun.” Sehun apologizes seriously and Baekhyun sighs.

“Just stop doing anything stupid in the school ground.” Baekhyun said, tone lower no longer in angry mode as he stares at the peeking Chanyeol who was holding Sehun’s shirt for dear life.

“…and Park Chanyeol…please…please…I beg you. Just take the lead role after this.” Baekhyun pleads sincerely before he takes his leave. Sehun looks at Chanyeol who waits silently for his explanation.

“It was just playful warning Yeol. There’s not much meaning behind the words.” Sehun explains trying his best to act natural. Chanyeol eyes him suspiciously.

“Kai said that someone might lose his life. Who? Is it the lead actor?” Chanyeol asks still not going to let it go. Sehun sighs knowing there’s no way he can escape this interrogation. He knows how persistent Chanyeol can be.

“I can assure you, nobody was harm at that time.” Sehun said with confident. Chanyeol raises his eyebrows.

“Really?” he asks unsure.

“The lead actor is very much alive.” Sehun assures again. Chanyeol nods and Sehun was going to sigh in relief when Chanyeol asks again.

“…and what about me. What did you do to me?” Chanyeol asks. Sehun gulps.

“Why would you think I do anything to you? I won’t do anything to harm you.” Sehun said nervously. Chanyeol raises his eyebrows again. He turns the picture with Sehun in it towards Sehun.

“With you looking like this? I found it a bit hard to believe Oh Sehun.” Chanyeol states and Sehun feels like banging his head to the wall. He knows if he confess what happen after the pictures, Chanyeol will feel very awkward, and he wants to avoid that.

“Can you just forget it? It doesn’t matter. It already happen.” Sehun tries. Unknowingly Chanyeol pouts. Sehun looks around.

“Let’s eat first. I can smell something delicious. What did you cook for me?” Sehun tries to change the subject and when he sees Chanyeol looks at him like a lost hurt puppies, Sehun gives up.

“Fine, I punish you. We had a hard mind blowing that you ends up limping for days.” Sehun confess and the look of shocked shown on Chanyeol’s face make him feel like crying. Chanyeol was in trance for a while before he turns to check the date printed on the picture in panic. He looks at Sehun with wide eyes.

“This…we…how…” Chanyeol was lost for words. If he counted it right, he and Sehun were still in high school in that year. They had gone that far? Chanyeol can’t believe his conclusion.

“At that time…how far had we gone?” Chanyeol asks nervously. Sehun takes a deep breath. He closes his eyes for a while.

“I used protection all the time and you takes the pills. We were students, it won’t do us any good if you end up…” Sehun stops when Chanyeol suddenly cuts him.

“Stop! Stop! Stop! What are you saying? We were still in high school at that time Sehun.” Chanyeol points out. Sehun nods.

“That was what I told you at that time.” Sehun said and Chanyeol eyes widen. He points to himself.

“I’m the one that…” Chanyeol can’t bring himself to say that he’s the one seducing Sehun.

“You shouldn’t forget how much of a teaser you are. But I’m at fault too. I can resist you that much either babe.” Sehun confess and Chanyeol blushes furiously at the information. He immediately rushes toward the kitchen.

“We…should eat. The foods are getting cold.” He said trying to avoid looking at Sehun as best as he can. Sehun sighs again.

“I know this will happen.” He said in defeat as he walks weakly to where Chanyeol waits for him.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

They were eating in silent and Chanyeol feels so relief that Sehun wasn’t looking at him at all. He knows that Sehun purposely do so and he’s thankful since he won’t know how to react if Sehun looks at him. After they’re done, Sehun invites him to watch some movies before bed to release some of the tension between them. After several minutes of watching, Chanyeol feels his eyelids getting heavier as the day events tire him out. It wasn’t long before he fall asleep. Sehun turns to check on Chanyeol when it grows too silent and he smiles seeing Chanyeol’s head lolling back and forth.

“You’re awkward but your body reflex always betray you.” Sehun comments as he turns off the TV and slips his hand under Chanyeol knees to carry him to their bed bridal style. Chanyeol feels that Sehun pick him up and his heart beats erratically when Sehun lays him down. He pretend to still be sleeping when he feels Sehun leans closer and kiss his temple.

“Goodnight love.” Sehun whisper before taking his pillow to sleep on the sofa outside.