Chapter 3

As long as you alive: chaptered

It’s been days since the incident of Sehun getting angry at him pass and Chanyeol feels the tension between Sehun and him has dissipate. It weirded him out. Ever since he met Sehun at the café and then working for the man, he knows something was not right. The first time they met, Sehun was practically holding on to him which by the way scared the hell out of him. Then when he start working, Chanyeol realize the treatment Sehun gives him. Not to mention how his second boss, Kai and the two men that came to the office. They all look at him like they were seeing ghost.

“Yeollie?” Chanyeol utters the name that all of them keep calling when they see him.

“Who is he?” Chanyeol frowns wondering why all that people would call him that. He taps the table with his finger thinking hard. Sehun who’s coming out from his office catches Chanyeol deep in his thought. Sehun was walking toward Chanyeol but stop in his track when he sees Chanyeol’s action. This was the scene that greet Sehun every time the exams were near the corner. Sehun feels how his heart constrict in pain.

“Chanyeol…” Sehun calls slow and when the exact same eyes wondering around before it stop on him, widening…staring…Sehun feels his heart drop. Sehun fists his hand, making his knuckles white stopping himself, reminding himself, that the man in front of him now wasn’t the man that Sehun kisses when he visited him after a long hour of studying.

“What is it?” Chanyeol question brought Sehun back. Chanyeol looks at Sehun curiously and Sehun gives a sad smile.

“I’m planning to do a company dinner to celebrate the new worker. Can you arrange everything?” Sehun said calmly and Chanyeol nods.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Chanyeol can’t help but pout when he somehow ends up at the same table with Sehun and Kai, and there’s only 3 of them at the table. He looks at Sehun who silently drinking can soda and Kai who looks around mildly interested.

“Why are we sitting here all alone when it’s a company dinner?” Chanyeol asks curiously. He envies the other table that looks lively and fun. Kai turns to look at Chanyeol while eyeing the silent Sehun. He shrugs.

“I wouldn’t call it alone if there are three of us.” Sehun answers calmly which earns rolling of eyes from Chanyeol and small chuckles from Kai.

“Do you have to be this boring every time?” Chanyeol asks Sehun. Kai caught how Sehun’s eyes light up for a while before it died down. Kai gives a sad smile. He remembers the time when Chanyeol that he knew always complain how Sehun is so serious and rarely talk that it makes him boring. Kai suddenly smirks.

“Of course at that time Sehun knows pretty well how to make Chanyeol fully occupied.” Kai thought as naughty image keeps on playing in his head.

“Sehunnie don’t really fancy a huge crowd. Especially if he’s with…” Kai pauses as he sees Chanyeol listening curiously.

“…never mind.” Kai ends his words and Chanyeol eyes widen in shock. He’s clearly looking disappointed.

“Eh?!!! Why? Why do you stop?” Chanyeol asks hopeful but Kai simply smiles. Chanyeol ends up pouting again. Kai chuckles seeing Chanyeol acts.

“How can both of them be so similar?” Kai wonders as he looks toward Sehun. Sehun has been silently watching them chat with each other. A small smile adorning Sehun’s face. Sehun pushes some food toward Chanyeol to coax the now obviously sulking man.

“Eat this, it’s your favorite.” Sehun says. Chanyeol tilts his head in confusion and when he looks at the food offered to him, he involuntarily blushes.

“How can he guess that it’s my favorite?” Chanyeol thought before he starts eating.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Chanyeol was walking out from Kai’s room when he sees Sehun leaving work. He’s been asking about Sehun and Kai’s words replay in his mind.

“Like? That’s a major understatement. He’s madly in love with that guy.” Now, Chanyeol understands why Sehun always looks at him longingly. When Sehun sees him, he sees his lover. Chanyeol rubs his arm as he feels cold shiver all over his body when the picture of Sehun and his fiancée come into his mind.

“It was like I’m looking into a mirror. That’s creepy.” Chanyeol said as he starts leaving work too.

........................................................................................................................................

When Chanyeol arrives home his wife greets him. Little Nari is sleeping in her arm.

“Honey, you’re early.” Irene said and Chanyeol just smile before pecking his wife on the cheeks and his little girl on her head. Irene then move on to the kitchen. Chanyeol enters the house and walk straight to their bedroom. He was getting ready for shower when a picture on their side table stops him. Chanyeol reaches for the picture and sit on the bed. He frowns because he don’t have any memories about the picture.

“Nothing was coming back.” Chanyeol said frustrated. He remembers the time when he woke up on a hospital bed a month ago. He had been in a huge accident and went into coma. When he woke up, he don’t recognize anyone and don’t remember anything. He almost went into panic at that time when his wife come hugging him tightly, crying. She was heavily pregnant at that time. Chanyeol sighs. He places the picture back on the table.

“How can I remember everything after I woke up but nothing before that? It’s frustrating.” Chanyeol complains messing his hair and walk into the bathroom. When he’s done Chanyeol sit at the dining table while Irene place the food.

“How’s your work?” Irene asks while putting some rice in Chanyeol’s bowl.

“I just had the most weird company dinner ever.” Chanyeol said as he watches his wife pick the same food that he had ate earlier at the restaurant and put it into his plate.

“Dear, do you know what’s my favorite food is?” Chanyeol asks out of sudden making Irene stop. She frowns in thought.

“I’m not sure, you pretty much ate everything I cook you.” Irene answers sincerely making Chanyeol frowns.

“Then how can Sehun knows when his own wife don’t?” Chanyeol can’t help but wonder.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun was visiting the grave again. He put down the flower and sit on the grass next to the tombstone.

“Babe…” Sehun calls as he looks up to the sky.

“Why is he isn’t you?” Sehun asks in whisper. It was so quiet and only the winds answer Sehun’s question.

“Babe, it was so hard for me to hold back, I keep on reminding myself that he’s not you. My mind accept it, but why did my heart still beats the same?” Sehun asks as he looks at the letters printed on the surface of the tombstone. He looks longingly at the letters while uttering them slowly.

“Park Chanyeol, loving son and fiancée…” Sehun’s tears drop.

“Yeollie, I miss you.” He said.

6 December 2011

Chanyeol run into the classroom and see Sehun with two others.

“Sehunnie, why are you not looking for me? Don’t you miss me? I’m missing you like crazy.” Chanyeol exclaims making Sehun’s eyes widen at the sudden visitor. Kai looks amuse and Kyungsoo already chuckling.

“What are you doing here? This room is only for authorize personnel.” Sehun asks bewildered and Chanyeol pouts.

“Chendae is my friend, and he said I’m invited to come here every time I want, and is he always such a stickler for detail?” Chanyeol turns to ask Kai and Kyungsoo while pointing at Sehun.

“Who’s Chendae?” Kai asks. Chanyeol wants to answer when Kyungsoo replies.

“Kim Jongdae. He’s the second year student’s council representative.” Kyungsoo explains and Kai nods as he remembers the said man. He then look toward Chanyeol.

“Chendae? No wonder we can’t recognize him. But why Chendae?” Kai asks curiously and Chanyeol smiles wide.

“Well, he’s been living in China, so of course he needs some Chinese name, right?” Chanyeol says proudly making both Kai and Kyungsoo chuckle in amusement. Sehun stays silent.

“Sehunnie, your boyfriend is fun.” Kai exclaims. Kyungsoo nods in agreement and Chanyeol grins wider. Sehun’s eyes widen.

“…and when is he my boyfriend?” Sehun asks unsatisfied making Chanyeol turns and glare at him.

“Now you’re saying you won’t take responsibilities for what you’ve done to me?” Chanyeol said looking a bit sad. Kai raises his eyebrows while Kyungsoo stands up to walk closer toward Chanyeol.

“What have you done Oh Sehun?” Kyungsoo asks firm making Sehun gasps since it’s frightening when Kyungsoo being serious.

“You can tell me what Sehunnie had done to you.” Kai asks Chanyeol making Sehun looks at both his best friend in disbelief.

“How can both of them put the blame on him?” Sehun thought waiting for answers from Chanyeol too.

“He stole my heart. Isn’t that the worst crime ever? He should give it back, or at least replace it with his heart. That’s how I can keep on living. That’s how it should be.” Chanyeol exclaims confidently. Kai burst out in laughter and Kyungsoo can’t help but smiles hearing Chanyeol’s answers. Sehun drops his jaws in shock.

“Park Chanyeol is really an unbelievable guy.” He thought silently.

Present day…

Sehun walks to his office and sees Chanyeol already sitting at his desk. Sehun walks toward him.

“Good morning.” Sehun greets.

“Good morning.” Chanyeol answers back with a smile making Sehun stops in daze for a while. It’s the first time Chanyeol smiles sincerely toward him since he starts working. Sehun feels his heart beat increasing and he excuses himself with a nod. When he enters his room, Sehun hit his chest lightly.

“Stop beating too fast. It just a smile.” Sehun said reminding himself. He walks to his chair to sit down when his eyes catch the picture on the table. Sehun freezes.

“Yeollie…” Sehun utters weakly when he feels sudden guilt wash over him out of sudden. He drops to his chair. That’s when Kai enters the room.

“Sehun…” Kai calls and he sees Sehun tenses in his chair.

“What happen?” Kai asks since the last time he senses Sehun being insecure is when Sehun wants to propose the late Chanyeol.

“Jongin…I…” Sehun stops. He palms his face. Kai gulps too.

“It must be serious if Sehun calls his real name.” He thought looking silently as Sehun trace the figure in the picture he’s holding.

“Jongin, what if…what if I…” Sehun stops again. Kai takes the seat in front of Sehun. He waits patiently. Sehun looks at Jongin, his eyes look trouble.

“I’m afraid I’m cheating on him, Jongin.” Sehun finishes and Kai sighs.

“Chanyeol hyung?” Kai asks and Sehun nods.

“Is it Park Chanyeol that is sitting out there right now?” Kai guess and Sehun nods again. He sighs. They’ve been debating about it. Jongdae, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and him.

Flashback…

“What if Sehun falls for the new Chanyeol?” Baekhyun had asked one day.

“Isn’t it a given for Sehun to fall for him. In Sehun’s eyes, it is the same person.” Kyungsoo answers.

“The heart knows what the eyes can’t see.” Jongdae said next. They all turn to look at him.

“What do you mean hyung?” Kai asks.

“It’s been bothering me. People can looks the same. But how can they behave exactly the same too? Even twins have their own personalities. How sure are we that this Chanyeol is not our Chanyeol?” Jongdae said. They nods in agreement.

“Then, are you suggesting that we investigate it?” Baekhyun asks and Jongdae answers with a thumb up and a huge grin. Kyungsoo chuckles.

“I’ll asks around.” He said short before three of them turns toward Kai.

“Keep Sehun in check. He had his heart broken enough already.” Baekhyun said. Kai looks at each of their face. It was just Baekhyun’s voice, but he can hear Jongdae and Kyungsoo ask him for the same thing.

End of flashback…

“Just listen to your heart Sehun. Chanyeol hyung won’t mind. He’ll want your happiness too.” Kai answers calmly and Sehun gives a small smile.

“Because my goal is to make Sehunnie happy.” Both of them remember Chanyeol’s word at that time with heart.

.................................................................................................

A/n: Please leave some comments ^-^