Chapter 18

As long as you alive: chaptered

Sehun wakes up early and walks slowly to his once shared bedroom with Chanyeol. He had been sleeping outside since Chanyeol moves in and the incident last night keep him awake for half of the night. Sehun eyes Chanyeol’s chest moving up and down. He smiles.

“Babe, I’m getting greedier nowadays. What should I do? Before this, I only hope for you to be alive…when you’re actually alive, I want you to remember me, when you do remember me, I might hope for you to love me all over again and I’ll keep wanting to do everything I want with you and it’s getting harder to hold myself back, I love you too damn much that it’s painful to keep everything in…” Sehun pauses. He opens the door wider, and step inside. He walks until he’s right next to the still sleeping Chanyeol. Sehun leans down, and the desires to kiss the too red, too inviting, too tempting lips of the sleeping man blow in his ribcage. Sehun stops himself and grips the pillow Chanyeol sleeping on, tight, his knuckle turns white.

“Oh Sehun, are you sure you can be satisfied with just kissing?” Sehun whispers harshly, trying hard to get away, he trembles. His movement wakes Chanyeol up. Chanyeol blinks as he tries to contemplate why Sehun is hovering above him with closed eyes.

“Are you trying to kiss me?” Chanyeol asks groggily, awareness going back and forth. Sehun opens his eyes in shock. The man below him is his past Chanyeol because the now Chanyeol will definitely freak out and push him away in that circumstances.

“I’m trying not too…” Sehun answers and Chanyeol hums. He opens back his eyes, still looking unfocused.

“It doesn’t seem like working…” Chanyeol mumbles sleepily and Sehun can’t help but chuckles. Chanyeol was saying the truth.

“I’m trying my best.” Sehun agrees and Chanyeol hums again. Chanyeol automatically extends his hand until they rest on Sehun’s shoulder, pulling, forcing Sehun to moves onto the bed completely hovering above Chanyeol. With close eyes, Chanyeol leans forward and start kissing Sehun. He starts innocently, and Chanyeol was tasting and exploring Sehun’s cavern before he plops back to the bed. Eyes still close.

“I gave you your morning kiss. Now get yourself to work.” Chanyeol mumbles before sleep took him again. Sehun groans. Chanyeol unconsciously makes it harder for him to leave. Sehun leans toward Chanyeol and steal another peck before forcing himself to get away.

“I’ll need a cold shower.” Sehun sighs as he gets into the bathroom.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Sehun is in the kitchen when he hears Chanyeol screaming in shock because of the cold water. Sehun winces while eating the toast he manages not to burn when Chanyeol keeps on screaming some profanities.

“I guess he makes it colder.” Sehun comments guiltily and looks warily when Chanyeol walks out, only clad in towel around his waist, shooting dagger at him. Chanyeol was going to give Sehun a piece of his mind when Sehun clears his throat.

“Chanyeol, you better put on some cloth first. You’re just going to get colder staying like that.” Sehun said as Chanyeol looks down before silently retreating back into the bedroom. Sehun release the breath he didn’t know he was holding when Chanyeol no longer in his sight.

“Damn you gravity. I don’t have time for another cold shower.” Sehun curses since his eyes had been trailing down following the movement of the water droplets on Chanyeol’s towel clad body. Sehun hurriedly finish everything and start to get off before Chanyeol comes out again and innocently tempt him to stay. Chanyeol on the other hand is crouching on the floor in the room. Hands covering his heated face.

“He saw me…He’s checking me out…oh my god…I let Oh Sehun checks me out. He’ll think I’m seducing him. Park Chanyeol, how can you be so careless.” Chanyeol rambles trying to calm himself down.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Have you remember anything?” Dr. Kim asks when Chanyeol comes for his monthly checkup. Chanyeol seems deep in thought.

“Hurm…I’m not really sure hyung. I had this headache…then something flashed, I closed my eyes because of the pain and when I opened up, Sehun acts the same scene...and now I can’t differentiate which is real and which is not.” Chanyeol explains as Dr. Kim jots down all the information. He looks up at Chanyeol when he finished writing.

“Sehun? How is he related to your flash of memories?” Dr. Kim asks. Chanyeol looks blankly back at him making the doctor sighs.

“Can you explain the situation you’re in when you think you get back fragment of your memories?” Dr. Kim rephrase and Chanyeol smiles wide.

“Of course. Sehun was lying down, sleeping. I tried to wake him up and somehow fell on top of him and that’s when the headache came.” Chanyeol explains enthusiastically as Dr. Kim shake his head. He forget that Chanyeol tends to get blank in front of complicated stuff.

“Did you touch him?” Dr. Kim asks and Chanyeol blushes. His mind already thinking of erted stuff when Dr. Kim looks at him blankly expecting answer from him.

“T…to…tou…touch him like what?” Chanyeol can’t help but stutters. Dr. Kim remains blanks. The red spreads to Chanyeol’s ears.

“We kiss…” Chanyeol whispers as Dr. Kim hums. He was going to record it down when Chanyeol stops him.

“Wait hyung! N…No…W…We don’t kiss.” Chanyeol still stuttering making Dr. Kim looks at him with a frown.

“Did you or did you not?” Dr. Kim asks as Chanyeol simply shakes his head. He don’t believe he can speak without stuttering right now. Dr. Kim writes for a while and finally close Chanyeol’s medical file.

“Well, from what I heard and see, I can conclude that spending time with your love one, especially Sehun do trigger your memory whether with or without skinship. With this pace you might remember sooner than you think. Isn’t that a good thing, Chanyeol?” Dr. Kim asks, facial expression brighten and Chanyeol simply nods vigorously. Dr. Kim chuckles.

“That’s all. You can go.” Dr. Kim dismiss Chanyeol and he was starting to leave when Dr. Kim asks, stopping Chanyeol in his track.

“But Chanyeol, is the kissing purely your active imagination?” Dr. Kim asks, tone teasing and Chanyeol feels he’s going to faint out of embarrassment. Right there and then.

“Minseok hyung!!!” Chanyeol whines making Dr. Kim laughs heartily.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Chanyeol walks hurriedly but stops when he hears his name being called. He turns and sees Isaac walking toward him with Jongdae next to him.

“Chanyeol, are you here for your checkup?” Isaac asks first.

“Hey Yeollie. Long time no see. Are you here alone?” Jongdae asks next.

“Yes. I come for my monthly checkup. I’m here by myself.” Chanyeol answers both of them.

“Do you come to visit Irene?” Chanyeol asks Isaac and then turn to look at Jongdae.

“Where’s Baekhyun? I thought you guys were inseparable.” Chanyeol comments making Isaac chuckles. Jongdae sighs.

“Baek and Isaac can’t stay in one room for long without fighting and apparently Isaac can’t do anything alone.” I’m here to accompany him visiting his sister. Why are you here alone? Where’s Sehun?” Jongdae asks after explaining everything. Isaac smiles sheepishly at Jongdae’s words.

“He’s gone when I came out of the room. Besides, I’m always here alone.” Chanyeol said plainly and unexpectedly Jongdae ruffles his hair looking very proud. Chanyeol looks bewildered and Isaac keeps on smiling.

“If Baek was here, he’ll do the same.” Isaac mouth the words to Chanyeol and Chanyeol readily accepted whatever Jongdae plans on doing.

“Baek will literally cry in joy if he hears this. He always complains how dependent you are on Sehun and Sehun keeps on pampering you.” Jongdae comments, smiling very wide. Chanyeol frowns at the words.

“Pampering? I don’t remember being that kind of person.” Chanyeol comments which earn him a shake of head from Isaac and slow chuckle from Jongdae.

“I guess you don’t remember whining that you’re always the lead actor in your drama club, so you want Sehun to be the actor instead and you, the main actress while jumping the poor man making both of you fell to the floor?” Isaac asks making Chanyeol looks at him while pointing to himself with widen eyes. Jongdae chuckles harder. Isaac nods confirming.

“Yes Park Chanyeol, you’re that kind of person.” Isaac said answering Chanyeol’s unvoiced question.

“Sehun was so scrawny back then that you’ll think a mere wind can blow him away. Baek really nag you to his heart content for acting without thinking that day.” Isaac recalls as Chanyeol turns paler. Jongdae taps his shoulder lightly, comforting.

“Well, that has some positive effect. Look at Sehun now. His biceps fills the space of his shirts nicely and his thigh…there are no jokes much to Jongin liking.” Jongdae comments and Isaac nods. Chanyeol agrees silently as he remembers the time he sees Sehun in towel clad. Sehun really has body that show repetitive workout. Jongdae smiles at the blank looking Chanyeol.

“Just for you to know, Sehun joins our sport clubs, the one we’re in during high school not because he simply wants to spend time more with us but because he wants to build some muscle so that he can carry you bridal style without falling. So Chanyeol, try not to push him away too much.” Jongdae said almost like he knows Chanyeol awkwardness with Sehun. Chanyeol nods. Isaac sighs next to them.

“That’s why Sehun trumps over me.” He comments making Chanyeol and Jongdae smiles.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Kai and Baekhyun watch the drain looking Sehun. Kyungsoo looks at kai and Kai simply shrugs. It’s a bit of surprised for them for Sehun to visit them right after work. Kyungsoo shoves Kai to go and entertain Sehun. Kai sighs as he approaches Sehun.

“Hey Sehun, why do you look like you run out of batteries?” Kai asks breaking Sehun’s trance. Kai can hears Sehun slow sighs.

“It’s exhausting.” Sehun answers short. Kai hums.

“Is that the reason why you’re here instead of home?” Kai keep asking. Sehun hums weakly. Kai sits right next to him.

“Do you fight with Chanyeol hyung?” Kai asks, used to the one sided conversation and his question snaps Sehun’s eyes open. Sehun sits properly.

“No, I’m not. We’re completely fine.” Sehun answers. Kai was going to ask another question when Kyungsoo’s voice stops him.

“Then can you share with us what exhausting you so, that you is here instead with your lover?” Kyungsoo said while placing drinks and some snacks for all of them on the table. Sehun sighs.

“Chanyeol is there hyung. Every time I come home from work, he’ll be there…waiting…smiling. It’s amazing at first, but now it’s a struggle because I really want to kiss that smile…and after what happen today…I don’t think I can stop myself with just a simple kiss.” Sehun confessed and Kai somehow can imagine the struggle. He knows about the incident of Chanyeol leave of absence due to sore because of Sehun, courtesy of Kyungsoo and having the person of his desires, walking around vulnerable and Sehun Can’t do anything about it, that’s pure torture.

“Did Chanyeol do anything that trigger you or you’re just running high on hormone?” Kyungsoo asks plainly shocking Kai a bit.

“He unconsciously invites me to bed this morning and I even curse the gravity for doing its job when Chanyeol comes out of the bathroom only clad in towel.” Sehun answers simply and Kai almost drop his jaws. It was like they’re talking about the news rather than Sehun and Chanyeol ual life. Kai shook his head. He can never contemplates the mindset of student council members. There was one time when Jongdae was here with Sehun and Kai never feels so alienated in his whole life.

“I’m going to refill the cookies.” Kai announces as he walks to the kitchen with the empty plate. When Kai comes back, Sehun’s question catch his attention.

“I’m afraid to go home hyung, what should I do?” Sehun asks. Kai takes the seat he used before.

“Did Chanyeol hate what you’re doing to him?” Kyungsoo asks calm. Sehun remains silent for a while.

“No, he don’t.” Sehun answers calm and Kai smirks. There’s the Sehun that he knows all his life. Chanyeol really has no choice but like back Sehun’s advance.

“Don’t push him too much. It might be consider .” Kai comments knowingly as Kyungsoo looks questioningly at him. Sehun smirks.

“I still have my self-control Jongin.” Sehun assures and Kyungsoo shook his head. He left the two childhood best friend alone.

“I can never understand those two.” Kyungsoo comments as he refills his empty cup.