Chapter 1

As long as you alive: chaptered

Please read this one-shot before continuing with the story

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/717145/as-long-as-you-alive-seyeol

1 October 2011

Park Chanyeol was running along the hallway to get to his class. When he arrives, he sees his two best friend chatting with each other.

“Byun Baekkie, Kim Chendae, I’ve got big news.” Chanyeol shouts earning a sighs from the two guys.

“When are you not with big news exactly, Park Chanyeol?” Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol childhood friend asks. The other guy laughs at the question.

“Who is it this time?” Kim Jongdae, the other guy ask. He’s been friend with Chanyeol and Baekhyun since the first year of high school and have been ever since. Because he just move back to Korea from China both Chanyeol and Baekhyun call him Chen.

“Yes, who is it this time that caught your attention Yeollie?” Baekhyun asks knowingly since Chanyeol was a little bit twisted that he thought he falls in love with a new person every now and then.

“Baek, I’m pretty sure it was love at first sight.” Chanyeol said confidently making Baekhyun scoffs and Jongdae chuckles.

“And you’re in love last week and the week before that. How many times exactly will you fall in love, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asks curiously. Jongdae bursts out laughing while Chanyeol scratch his head.

“What can I do if I can fall in love that easily?” Chanyeol defend himself making Baekhyun sighs. Jongdae was already tearing up from all the laughter he’s done.

“Come on Baekhyun, don’t be so mean. This time it can be Yeollie’s last love.” Jongdae said after calming down a bit. Chanyeol nods hearing the words and Baekhyun glares at both of them.

“You also said the same thing last week and the week before that, Chen. God, both of you are so frustrating.” Baekhyun complains making the two other guys laugh hard. After some cooling down time, they all manage to keep their composure.

“So, who is it, Yeollie?” Jongdae asks seriously. Baekhyun only sighs and Chanyeol smiles widen in instant.

“Oh Sehun.” He says excitedly.

“The student council members? Seriously?” Jongdae said with raise eyebrows. Baekhyun looks confusedly at Jongdae.

“You know him, Chen?” Baekhyun asks excitedly wanting to know more about Chanyeol new crush.

“Baek, remember the stoic face first year that give speech on the start of semester? Well, that’s Oh Sehun.” Jongdae explains. Baekhyun’s eyes turn wide and he turns to look at Chanyeol.

“Seriously Yeollie?” Baekhyun asks in disbelief this time. Chanyeol frowns.

“What’s with the seriously? It wasn’t like Sehun was so weird to have a crush on.” Chanyeol complains. Baekhyun sighs and Jongdae smiles.

“Well Yeollie, it’s just weird that someone as hyper and loud as you would like someone prim and proper like Sehun. Do you think he can handle you?” Jongdae points out seriously making Chanyeol pouts since he realizes what Jongdae’s saying is true. Baekhyun sighs again. It’s a good thing that all of Chanyeol momentary crush, he keep to himself since the man himself know about his weird habit. They just treat it just like another instance of Park Chanyeol falling in love, so, when one day they watch Chanyeol’s kneeling on the floor with big bouquet of flower confessing his undying love to Oh Sehun, Baekhyun almost drop his jaw to the floor with Jongdae laughing hysterically next to him because it was easy for Chanyeol to be that embarrassing.

“That poor first year student.” Baekhyun thought sympathetically seeing the flustered Sehun.

Present time

Sehun watches silently the man who was introducing himself in front of him. Sehun mouth the same thing when the man says his name.

“I’m Park Chanyeol. Please call me Chanyeol. From today I’ll be working here as your new secretary Mr. Hurm….” Chanyeol said frowning trying to remember his employer name when Sehun speaks up.

“Sehun…please call me Sehun.” Sehun said.

“Ohh. Ok Sehun.” Chanyeol said in his deep voice and that brought Sehun into a smile. The memory flash in his mind.

“It’s not the same Chanyeol, but why does it feel so familiar?” Sehun thought silently. The silent making Chanyeol frowns.

“Sehun, can you stop staring at me? It’s making me uncomfortable.” Chanyeol speaks up breaking Sehun out of his thought, Sehun gives a sad smile.

“I’m sorry, you can go.” Sehun said dismissing Chanyeol from his office. His eyes trails Chanyeol retreating back before it stop on the picture place on his desk. Sehun palmes his face. It was the picture of him with another man that looks exactly like Chanyeol.

........................................................................................................................................

Sehun was going out for lunch with Kai when he notices Chanyeol unpacking all of his belonging. Sehun just wants to watch silently at first but somehow his leg brought him closer to Chanyeol when he notice the man placing a picture frame on his desk. Sehun picks the picture up and the figure of Chanyeol with a woman and a baby in it, constrict Sehun’s heart.

“Is this your wife?” Sehun asks shocking Chanyeol from his focus. His voices tense.

“Yes.” Chanyeol answers. He sent a glare toward Sehun when he notice Sehun holding his family picture.

“You’re not supposed to be married.” Sehun said, more of a statement than question.

“It’s not your problem that I’m married.” Chanyeol said angry.

“Of course it is. You’re engaged to me.” Sehun said. He sent a glare back toward Chanyeol. Chanyeol frowns.

“What are you talking about? Man, I got a mad man as my boss.” Chanyeol said before walking away.

“Yeollie!!! You’re not allowed to cheat on me.” Sehun shouts as he watches Chanyeol leaving. Sehun was going to follow after Chanyeol when Kai stops him.

“Sehun, no. Please.” Kai said slow, sound almost like he’s begging. Sehun turns toward Kai. His eyes glassy.

“Kai, he’s married. My Yeollie is married.” Sehun said as his voices breaking. Kai takes a deep breath. Kai looks at where Chanyeol had gone.

“He’s Park Chanyeol, but he’s not our Yeollie, Sehun.” Kai said and Sehun almost lost his footing. Kai stops Sehun from falling down to the floor.

“The resemblance was eerie.” Kai thought to himself.

........................................................................................................................................

30 November 2011

Sehun eyes widen in shock when all of sudden a tall guy walks toward him with a big bouquet of flower. Sehun was just going to the cafetaria to get some lunch when the tall guy decide to kneel in front of him shoving the flower to his face.

“Oh Sehun, i’ve been infatuated with you since the first time i saw you. You’re the light for my darkness, so would you be kind enough to accept my heart and be the love of my life?” The tall guy said in a sing-song voice and Sehun can hears loud groan coming from one corner of the cafetaria. He turns and sees one guy cover his face with his hand while the other was laughing hyterically. Sehun looks at his two best friend, Kai and Kyungsoo  who were a couple steps behind him, and both of them has their mouth open in shock.

“Sehunnie, come on. Take the flower. My hand is sore.” The tall guy said with a pout. Sehun who was a total loss at what’s happening take the flowers and the next thing he knows the tall guy jumps excitedly looking at the two guys at the corner.

“Baekkie, Chendae, Sehunnie accepts my flower.” The tall guy exclaims happily before turning to Sehun again.

“By the way, i’m Park Chanyeol. You can call me Chanyeol. If you want to call me other than that, do so. I don’t really mind.” Chanyeol said before dragging the two other guys away leaving Sehun seriously at loss at what had happen. Sehun freeze in his place until Kai tap his shoulder and broke his daze

“Sehun, i think you just got yourself a boyfriend.” Kai said quite amuse making Sehun turns to look at him with widen eyes.

“Do you know him, Sehun?” Kyungsoo asks and Sehun can only shakes his head. Kyungsoo can’t help but smirk.

“A unique one, indeed.” Kyungsoo comments with Kai nods confirming.

Present day

Sehun wakes up panting. He was sweating all over. He takes a deep breath to calm his fast-beating heart. Sehun turns to look at the empty spot next to him.

“It’s been so long since i’ve dream of you, Yeollie.” Sehun mumbles to himself. He get down from the bed and walk out to the living room. The house was so quiet. Sehun looks around until his eyes land on the velvet box placed on the table. Sehun sits on one of the chairs. He was trembling as his hand reaching for the velvet box. Sehun opens the lids, and unconsiously a tear fall from his eyes when a ring greets his view.

“Why do you have to return this ring back to me in that way, babe.” Sehun whispers as the flashes of memories keep coming back. He remembers how Kai supports him so that he can stand up straight. The walks to the autopsy room was torturous. When he was standing by the lying figure covered by white sheet, Sehun feels like dying. Then his eyes catches the exact same ring on a black burned hand, Sehun collapse. He was sobbing loudly now.

“Babe, was it really not you? The one i met earlier.” Sehun asks as he clutches the box to his chest.

........................................................................................................................................

Chanyeol was frowning, his face hard. Kai raises his brows seeing Chanyeol acts like that.

“What’s wrong?” Kai asks calm and the man infront him pout.

“This is frustating, why do i have to go through all of this?” Chanyeol asks as he gestures toward the files and papers stacks on the table of Sehun’s ex-secretary.

“I won’t be able to see another sunlight after this. What a harsh fate i have to endure.” Chanyeol said dramatically making Kai smiles.

“It’s feels so familiar...” Kai mumbles as he remembers how dramatic Park Chanyeol he used to know was. Park Chanyeol that he knew was most of the time the lead actor for his drama club, so Kai and Kyungsoo were used to Chanyeol being over acting.

“Are you saying something?” Chanyeol asks as he catches Kai mumbling something.

“Have you been in a drama club in high school?” Kai asks instead. Chanyeol reddened almost instantly at the question.

“Well, i guess i’m in one. My wife said i’m too prone to over reacting. She told me i’m the one who jump first if anything happen rather than her.” Chanyeol said with a big smile. Kai nods.

“So, have you been married long?” Kai asks again. Chanyeol smiles again.

“My wife told me that we’ll be having our second anniversary in a few months.” Chanyeol said sounding proud and Kai notice something.

“Why is he always refer that his wife told him?” Kai wonders silently.

“Good for you.” Kai said and Chanyeol nods.

........................................................................................................................................

Baekhyun was enjoying dinner with Jongdae when he receives a message from Kai. He opens the message and widens his eyes at the content. Not long after a call comes in.

“Did you get the picture?” Kai asks from the other end.

“Yes, but how? It can’t be?” Baekhyun asks bewildered.

“That’s what we thought when first we met him. Kyungsoo even slaps himself to make sure he wasn’t dreaming.” Kai explains.

“Did Sehun met him?” Baekhyun asks. His heart beating fast.

“He’s working in our company Baek.” Kai said and Baekhyun widens his eyes. The conversation caught Jongdae’s interest.

“How about Sehun? It must breaking his heart to see him.” Baekhyun said worried.

“At first yes, he was histeric. It’s take a lot of efforts for me and Kyungsoo to calm him down. But now he’s in control.” Kai said calm and he can hears Baekhyun sighs.

“We’ll come to your house, and you’ll tell us in detail what happen.” Baekhyun said before ending the call. He looks at Jongdae who was looking back with raised eyebrows. Baekhyun turns his phone so that Jongdae can sees the picture. Jongdae drops the spoon he’s been holding at the image.

“Baek...” Jongdae stutters. He can’t belive what his eyes see.

“Yes.” Baekhyun answers as he stares at the picture.

“That can’t be.” Jongdae said in disbelief.

“I know...but...” Baekhyun lights up the phone so that Jongdae can sees the picture again.

“But...our Yeollie...he’s...” Jongdae can’t bear to say the words and Baekhyun nods. It’s kind of taboo word for them, especially in front of Sehun. It’s even hard for them to acknowledge the fact their best friend was no longer with them. But the man they saw in the picture is definitely Park Chanyeol.

..................................................................................................

A/n: So, how was it? please leave some comments.