Chapter 10

As long as you alive: chaptered

Chanyeol wakes up by the sound of his phone. He searches around for his phone and sees the red mark on his inbox. He yawns and rubs his eyes.

“Who would sent messages this early?” Chanyeol said as he unlocks his phone. He ruffles his messy hairs when he realizes the message is from Sehun.

“Can you come to my house today?” Chanyeol sighs and turn to look at Irene who’s fast asleep next to him.

“I really envy you right now.” Chanyeol groans before he gets down from the bed and start getting ready.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

When Chanyeol arrives at Sehun’s house, he was fully dress in suit, his formal attire for work. Chanyeol rings the bell. He waits several second and gasps in disbelief when Sehun opens the door in casual clothes.

“I thought we’re going to work.” Chanyeol said somewhat feeling betrayed.

“We’re going to work something up.” Sehun confirms and Chanyeol looks at him up and down.

“But you’re wearing that?” Chanyeol asks gesturing Sehun’s outfit.

“We’re going to walk around. Of course we need comfortable cloth.” Sehun answers calm making Chanyeol frowns.

“You should tell me earlier Sehun. Look at me, I’m seriously overdressed.” Chanyeol complains, unsatisfied while Sehun maintains his poker face.

“You can borrow one of the clothes in my room. I don’t mind it. I’m definitely sure you’ll fit the clothes.” Sehun said finally inviting Chanyeol to come inside. Chanyeol eyes Sehun suspiciously. He’s pretty sure he caught Sehun coy smile from the corner of his eyes.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun hums to a song while applying some butter on the breads when Chanyeol finally walks out from his room. Sehun smiles wide seeing the clothes Chanyeol puts on.

“He wears his favorite without realizing it.” Sehun thought while signaling Chanyeol to come to him.

“Have some breakfast first. But I can only offer you toast though, since that’s one of the thing I’m capable of.” Sehun said which surprisingly earning him a long sigh from Chanyeol.

“I can bet that another thing you’re capable of is ramyun right?” Chanyeol said as he naturally walks to the kitchen and pushing Sehun slightly to give him some space. Sehun naturally walks to the table facing Chanyeol.

“I’ll cook us some breakfast.” Chanyeol said as he fold his long sleeve shirt and put on the apron. Sehun watches silently with wide smile. Chanyeol works silently and almost done when he speaks up again.

“So, have you been having only toast for breakfast all this while?” Chanyeol asks looking quite shock. He places a plate in front of Sehun before taking a seat himself. It was like a reflex.

“You shouldn’t do that Sehun. You’ll grow tired of it eventually. Then, when that happen, what would you eat for breakfast?” Chanyeol asks, dramatically with face fills with concern. Sehun smiles seeing Chanyeol comfortably eat his food and behaves naturally and doesn’t look the slightest bit awkward.

“It wasn’t that long since I have to make breakfast for myself. Besides, it was only recently that I decide to enter the kitchen again.” Sehun answers sincerely making Chanyeol widens his eyes.

“Decide to enter? Why are you not entering your kitchen in the first place, Sehun?” Chanyeol asks curiously. Sehun can’t help but stares at Chanyeol fondly.

“It was his territory, he said.” Sehun answers calm, but that was enough to bring slight guilt toward Chanyeol. Chanyeol looks down to his food.

“Where are we going today?” Chanyeol asks after a while drastically changing the subject of the conversation. A looks of determination on his face. Knowing Chanyeol discomfort, Sehun can’t help but smirk.

“We’re going on a date.” Sehun answers excitedly and just like that, Chanyeol looks of determination shatters.

“What?” Chanyeol asks sounding very surprised. Sehun smiles in amusement.

“Why would I ask you to work on Sunday, Chanyeol?” Sehun asks, looking oddly innocent. Chanyeol looks quite alarm at Sehun’s word and peeks at his wristwatch. He blushes almost immediately when he realizes that it is really Sunday.

“Just finish eating your food already.” Chanyeol instructs hastily out of embarrassment and Sehun simply tilts his head, smile growing wider.

 “But I’m already done, Chanyeol.” Sehun states calmly and Chanyeol really wants to hide somewhere in a corner and screams out in frustration seeing the different between Sehun’s and his plate.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They are ready to go out when Chanyeol realizes he doesn’t wear suitable shoes for walking around. He flops down to the floor. He sighs deeply. He really doesn’t want to complain anymore toward Sehun. He can’t understand why is it so easy for him to do that with Sehun, complaining and acting like a spoiled child. Chanyeol sighs again. He had enough embarrassment for that day to even think about it.

“I guess you will do.” Chanyeol said with a frown while eyeing his leather shoes. Chanyeol was done putting his socks on when a hand reaches for his leg and slip his feet into a sneaker. The hand move and repeat the action for his other leg.

“Walking around in your work shoes will definitely make your feet blistered, and even though I’ll be glad if you come to me to treat your wound, I really don’t want to pain you Chanyeol if I have the choice not too.” Sehun said standing up and stretching out his hand to help Chanyeol stands. Chanyeol stares at the hand offers to him and at Sehun for a while. On normal, daily occasion, Chanyeol will rejects the idea in the blink of an eye, but right now he just feel that it was rude for him to decline that offer. Chanyeol finally reaches out for Sehun’s hand and Sehun automatically interlock their fingers. For once since he knows Sehun, Chanyeol didn’t get mad at Sehun’s considerably intimate action.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They’ve been walking around aimlessly for a while that it start bothering Chanyeol nerve. Seeing how content Sehun look, Chanyeol finally speaks up.

“Don’t you have anywhere to go, Sehun?” Chanyeol asks sounding quite annoyed. Sehun paused and look around for a while. Then he looks at Chanyeol who was now tapping his feet on the floor, arms crossed.

“To tell you the truth, there’s many thing I don’t enjoy doing alone. I’m happy enough walking around aimlessly like this, because I’m with you.” Sehun said sincerely. Chanyeol really can’t help but rolls his eyes.

“I’m trying not to be rude, but I don’t really fancy the idea of leaving my Nari alone with a maid just to walk around aimlessly like this with you. What do you usually do on Sunday before this Sehun?” Chanyeol asks, trying his best to talk in a manner that it won’t hurt Sehun. Sehun looks away from Chanyeol’s gaze. It hurts him nevertheless.

“I went to the grave.” Sehun answers short and slow but that was enough to widen Chanyeol’s eyes. He remembered watching the news about the blocked road. Sudden guilt consume him.

“You don’t even consider taking a detour Sehun?” Chanyeol asks trying to give suggestion, in hope to comfort Sehun. Sehun gives a sad smile.

“Like I told you, there’s many thing I don’t like doing alone. It won’t be right if I called you in the morning just to ask you to accompany me to the grave won’t it?” Sehun asks and that stunned Chanyeol. Chanyeol takes a deep breath.

“If you really don’t have anywhere you planned on going, do you want to come to my house? Nari will be alone with the maid since Irene have work. I think it’ll better if we spent time with her than wondering around like this.” Chanyeol suggest casually, already started walking to the direction of his house and Sehun, a bit shock at the sudden suggestion, silently follows.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

3 November 2012

“Sehun, I want a lot of children. I want two every year.” Chanyeol said suddenly earning a wide eyes from Jongdae, Baekhyun and him.

“Are you some sort of factory Yeollie? ...and Sehun, have you guys going that far already?” Baekhyun asks in bewilderment which makes Sehun blushes at the assumption while Chanyeol frowns in confusion.

“Factory? What that has to do with kids, Baek?” Chanyeol asks quite innocently which makes Jongdae chuckles and Baekhyun looks at him with utter shock.

“Chen, can you believe an innocent mind like this just talked about having kids twice per year?” Baekhyun asks Jongdae in utter horror and Jongdae really trying his best not to burst out laughing at the situation. Jongdae turns to look at Sehun.

“You really have a lot of work to do, Sehun.” Jongdae points out and Sehun was so red he feels a little bit faint.

Present day

Sehun watches silently as Chanyeol cooing at his daughter. Chanyeol looks at Sehun after a while.

“Kai told me that you like children. Do you want to hold my Nari?” Chanyeol asks while holding Nari under her arms. Sehun shook his head.

“She’s not yet used to me. Besides, I love seeing you holding her.” Sehun said which Chanyeol simply shrugged. Chanyeol was kissing Nari’s tummy when Sehun speaks up again.

“You must really love children a lot.” Sehun points out making Chanyeol smiles wide. Chanyeol nods excitedly.

“I want a lot of children, but it’ll take a while. Nari’s still a baby and Irene had surgery when we had Nari.” Chanyeol explains clueless, not knowing how his words hurting Sehun’s heart.

“You used to ask me that…” Sehun thought when suddenly Chanyeol asks a question.

“How about you Sehun? Don’t you want kid?” Chanyeol carelessly ask forgetting the fact that the one Sehun’s love is deep underground. Sehun stares at Chanyeol, not really affected by the question.

“Would you?” Sehun asks instead making Chanyeol tilts his head in confusion.

“Would I what?” Chanyeol asks not really getting what Sehun’s trying to say.

“Do you want to come back to me, take my name and bear our children?” Sehun asks directly, not planning to hide what he really feels from Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s eyes widen. He don’t know how should he answers that sudden and quite absurd question. Good for him, Nari suddenly cry for attention.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

After the meeting with all his old friends, Isaac ride back to his mansion when something comes to his mind.

“Where will Irene be in this time of the day?” He asks his driver.

“Mrs. Irene will be at work. I’ve met her driver earlier.” His driver answers simply and Isaac looks deep in thought.

“Can you send me to where she is?” Isaac instructs and his driver silently change the direction of the car.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Isaac walks into Irene office making his sister smile wide with the distraction from her current work.

“Isaac oppa, what are you doing here?” Irene asks standing from her table to sit with Isaac.

“I’ve nothing better to do, so I decide to visit you. Since when are you so hardworking that you even here on Sunday?” Isaac asks as he look around the room. A picture frame on the table catch his attention.

“I’m quite jealous. You can work whenever you want to. I don’t really have any choice. Since appa was out of the country 90% of the time, I’ve been dead busy.” Irene complains as he watches Isaac stands to pick the picture on her table.

“It was our picture when Nari finally was dismissed from the hospital.” Irene explains when Isaac bring the picture with him before sitting in front of Irene.

“What was Ivan doing that you end up with those piles?” Isaac said as he gestures the mountain on Irene’s table.

“Ivan oppa had much going on already. You should realizes how cranky he’d been lately.” Irene points out and Isaac simply shrugged.

“He’s cranky all the time, how can I realizes the different?” Isaac said and Irene chuckles.

“Don’t be so mean oppa, there’re times when Ivan oppa was nice.” Irene answers which earns her a disbelief looks from Isaac. Isaac shrugged again. He don’t want to pursue that matter anymore as he turns his attention to the picture in his hand.

“Irene…” Isaac calls and Irene hums as she sips her drinks.

“I’ve only seen your family recent pictures. Since I miss your wedding, can I at least see your wedding pictures?” Isaac asks as the facts about Irene had been bothering him since Kyungsoo posed the question. Irene moods visibly change and Isaac catches her pouting, which is a rare thing for her to do since Isaac knows his sister as the tough one.

“I don’t have it. All of it was loss.” Irene answers glumly and Isaac stares in shock.

“Loss?” he mouthed to himself as his gut sense something weird was going on.

............................................................................................................

A/n: It's a double update, but since i don't proofread, i'm sorry in advance for any mistake. T-T