Chapter 6

As long as you alive: chaptered

15 December 2011

Chanyeol was running, dragging the reluctant Baekhyun behind him. Jongdae was already waiting for them at the field along with Sehun and Kai.

“Are you really sure about this Yeollie?” Jongdae asks unsure.

“Born ready.” Chanyeol claims confidently earning a scoff from Baekhyun.

“Born ready? Are you living in your dream Park Chanyeol? You stumbles on nothing even when we walks on flat surface. How could you even think of playing soccer?” Baekhyun said exasperated. He then turns to glare at Sehun.

“…and Sehun, how can you let something like this happen?” Baekhyun asks unsatisfied but seeing how Sehun looks exhaustedly at him, Baekhyun sighs.

“Forget I even asks. Everyone here know there’s no way you can resist Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said feeling defeated while Jongdae and Kai nod in agreement at the words. Sehun can only sighs. He don’t even have the will to argue anymore.

30 minutes earlier…

Sehun watches as Chanyeol totally focus doing his homework. Sehun raises his eyebrows when Chanyeol occasionally frown.

“What are you doing?” Sehun asks finally, shocking the man. Chanyeol blinks a few times before focusing his attention on Sehun.

“Doing my homework, of course.” Chanyeol said as a matter of fact making Sehun sighs.

“I can see that, but why are you doing it here?” Sehun asks since Chanyeol always accompanying him after self-declaring that they are a couple.

“He can always go home early, why would he choose to be here? All this while we’ve been doing nothing beside paperwork and he, his homework.” Sehun wonders silently and Chanyeol tilt his head in confusion.

“Well, because Jongdae told me that I shouldn’t play around in the student council room.” Chanyeol answers sincerely, making Sehun widens his eyes, clearly amazed.

“I never thought you’ll be the obedient type. You listen very well to Jongdae hyung aren’t you?” Sehun exclaims, noting in his mind to ask some tips from Jongdae to keep his supposed boyfriend in check.

“Of course, he’s the president. If I don’t, he can expel me from school.” Chanyeol answers serious, Sehun frowns. He’s a bit surprise and confuse with that statement.

“Who told you that?” Sehun asks curious seeing as Chanyeol suddenly beaming up.

“Byun Baekkie.” Chanyeol answers happily and Sehun can’t help but chuckle.

“No wonder.” He thought. Chanyeol was back doing his homework and Sehun shook his head.

“Now it makes me wonder why they are being too lenient when they have that much influence over the oblivious innocent giant sitting in front of me.” Sehun thought. He was quiet for a while before he calls Chanyeol back.

“But Chanyeol…” Sehun says earning a full focus from Chanyeol.

“…aren’t you bored? I mean, staying here doing nothing?” Sehun asks. Chanyeol’s earlier bright expression turn serious out of sudden.

“How can I when I’m here with you?” Chanyeol said, voice a bit weaker sounding almost like he’s sad and Sehun frowns.

“No, I don’t mean it like that.” Sehun reasons out and he almost feel guilty asking that question in the first place, almost, when suddenly Chanyeol break into a fit of giggles. Sehun can’t help but frowns.

“Hehe, do I make you feel bad? I’ve been always wanted to try that line but never had the occasion too.” Chanyeol exclaims happily and Sehun can’t help a sigh from escaping.

“…and here I am being worry sick that I have to coax him back to normal if he ends up sulking.” Sehun thought feeling relief.

“Are you really not bored staying here with me just doing your homework all the time?” Sehun asks again for confirmation and this time Sehun gulps because he can somehow sense the gloominess surrounding the air. He can feels cold sweat starts forming on his body when Chanyeol looks at him with glassy eyes and a pout. Sehun gulps again.

“Are you bored with me?” Chanyeol asks, voice wavering and Sehun went into full blown panic.

“No, of course not. I don’t mind you staying here. But don’t you want to join any club activities, you know widen your social network?” Sehun speaks in rush but Chanyeol still pouting.

“Do you want me to be with someone else?” Chanyeol asks voice trembling and Sehun was too panic he mumbles whatever comes to his mind.

“It’s not healthy just sitting around doing nothing, you should do some sport or you can join me playing soccer…” Sehun stops suddenly. His eyes widen when he realizes what he had propose and like a switch Chanyeol was already smiling from ear to ear.

“Do you want me to play with you?” Chanyeol asks excited and Sehun really wants to slap his own mouth at the time because off the slip off and end ups sighing in defeat when he sees Chanyeol already packing his stuff.

“I’m so dead.” Sehun mumbles weakly seeing Chanyeol dragging Baekhyun to the middle of the field and he hears Kai chuckle nervously next to him. Even Jongdae looks seriously awkward.

“It’s a well-known fact that Yeollie has two left feet. Just hope nothing bad happen.” Jongdae said anxiously making them both nods. They were just playing for several minutes when Sehun thought he’ll forever regret this day his entire life because somehow Chanyeol stumbles onto something making him fall to the ground and break his wrist in the process. All of them receives hell from Baekhyun that day, Chanyeol included.

Present day…

Jongdae and Baekhyun were walking to the cemetery to visit the grave before going oversea for work when they realize someone are already there. When they get closer they realized it was Kai and Chanyeol. Baekhyun was already smiling wide when he sees Chanyeol. They start conversation almost naturally but Jongdae realize something. He eyes Kai so that the man stand next to him. When Jongdae was sure both Baekhyun and Chanyeol are out of earshot, he whispers.

“Kai, do you remember the time when Chanyeol tried to play soccer?” he asks and Kai almost immediately nods.

“Of course hyung, Baek hyung was scary. He’s almost at the same level with Kyungsoo hyung when he don’t get enough sleep.” Kai answers easily and Jongdae smiles a bit at the reference.

“It’s funny how that kind of wrath can come from that small body.” Jongdae comments making Kai chuckles too.

“So hyung, what about it?” Kai asks reminding Jongdae about his earlier question.

“He broke his wrist doesn’t he?” Jongdae said reminding Kai about the incident and Kai nods.

“Chanyeol hyung ends up with a scar that he keeps bothering Sehun about it till no ends. Sehun still regret about it to this day.” Kai states with a little chuckle but stop when he catches Jongdae serious face. He follows Jongdae’s gaze and realize that Jongdae is watching Chanyeol’s wrist. Chanyeol had rolls up his shirt and Kai can catch a pale scar on Chanyeol’s left wrist. He turns to look at Jongdae with shock.

“Hyung…” Kai paused, don’t really have any words to say when Jongdae looks at him, eyes watering.

“It just I can’t remember it was his left or his right wrist.” Jongdae said weakly, almost to tear.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Sehun sits alone in his room, leaning to his chair. His gaze fall to the picture on his desk. His thumb keeps on running along his fingers.

“Sehunnie, look at my wrist. The scar is hideous. You won’t hate me for this aren’t you?” Chanyeol asks, wanting some attention from Sehun. Sehun sighs. Chanyeol is really persistent when he wants something. Sehun grabs Chanyeol other hand and pull him so that Chanyeol was sitting directly in front of him. Sehun traces the scar with his thumb.

“Sorry that I hurt you, and no, I won’t hate you for this, besides, isn’t this some sort of memory. Memory of us spending our time together?” Sehun said and Chanyeol blushes. Warm was spreading all over his face. It was rare for Sehun to show his affection openly, moreover by words, but when Sehun does, he means it, with all his heart. Chanyeol lower his head in embarrassment.

Sehun looks at his palm, his fingers as he remembers the time when he hold Chanyeol’s hand in his. Sehun rubs his face with both of his hand.

“Yeollie…” Sehun paused. His gaze fall to the man he was hugging in the picture. The sensation of feeling the remains of an old scar comes to him. Sehun realize it when he was checking Chanyeol’s hand earlier.

“Is it really not you?” Sehun asks, almost pleading and the only think he can hears was the sound of the clock ticking.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“I’ve got too many scar from the accidents, I lost count. But this part hurt the less.” Chanyeol exclaims moving his wrist. He and Kai stop for some drink while Baekhyun and Jongdae were already gone to catch their flight. Kai nods warily.

“It’s too much of a coincident.” Kai thought as they enjoy their breakfast. They then come to work together. When they arrive, they see that Sehun was already in his office. Kai excuses himself leaving Chanyeol to deal with Sehun. He gives a weak smile toward Chanyeol.

“Hyung, I’m sorry to do this. Sehun obviously sleep here last night and I don’t think he wants to see my face the first thing in the morning.” Kai apologizes before backing away. Chanyeol gets nervous out of sudden.

“How to misuse your privilege as supervisor, Kim Jongin. What makes you think I’m the better choice between the both of us?” Chanyeol mumbles feeling unsatisfied as he walks carefully towards Sehun’s room. He knocks once before he steps in. The sights of Sehun looking at him exhaustedly, black eyes prominent makes Chanyeol feels bad for the man.

“Do you get any sleep last night, Sehun?” Chanyeol asks with concern making Sehun smile. A small, weak smile, but a smile nevertheless.

“I can’t. I’ve been thinking about…” Sehun words was cut by Chanyeol.

“I’ll clear your time-table for the whole morning. Go home and get some rest.” Chanyeol said casually, hurting Sehun for the fact he refuses to hear Sehun talking about him. Sehun expressions turn grim. He immediately stands and grab his suit.

“Come on, let’s go.” Sehun said short making Chanyeol looks at him questioningly.

“I want you to send me home.” Sehun explains simply and Chanyeol nods before rushing to catch up with Sehun.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Sehun stays silent as Chanyeol stares awkwardly at the door lock. Chanyeol then looks at Sehun for some help but Sehun remains ignorant.

“Come on Sehun, how can I possibly open the door without password?” Chanyeol said frustrated. That catches Sehun attention.

“Just try it. You know the password.” Sehun said slowly, obviously in a better mood compare to 10 minutes earlier. Chanyeol can’t help but scoff.

“Is it my birthday?” Chanyeol guess randomly, rolling his eyes, feeling very annoyed right now when suddenly he hears Sehun utters the number.

“2…” Sehun walks closer to Chanyeol.

“7…” He places his hand on Chanyeol’s, holding it tightly, guiding Chanyeol to press the number.

“1…” Chanyeol tenses up when he feels Sehun stands just a few inches from him and the warm from Sehun’s breath spreading all over his ear.

“1…” Sehun whispers and the door finally open.

“Welcome home, Yeollie.” Sehun said leaving Chanyeol totally shocks and confuse at the doorstep.