Chapter 11

As long as you alive: chaptered

Isaac was contemplating whether or not to just directly call his father and asks what he had done. He sighs as the car stops in the lot of the main mansion. He thought to ask Ivan since between his father and his brother, Ivan would be more lenient. Isaac is pretty sure Ivan would reveal everything out of sheer annoyance if he bothers his brother well enough. Isaac frowns as he walks into the mansion. There’s also possibilities that Ivan wouldn’t know anything since their father, Jung Immanuel is pretty well known to grant anything his children ever wish for and be so secretive on how he did it. Isaac sighs for the second time.

“I never thought I’ll be relying on Ivan ever.” Isaac mumbles as he climb the stairs toward Ivan’s room.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Ivan literally screams out loud when he wakes up and found Isaac staring at him. Isaac looks at him with amused eyes with his outburst making him grunts and looks away.

“What do you want Isaac that you’re even willing to wait for me in my bedroom?” Ivan said rubbing his face to wipe off the sleep.

“You know exactly what I want hyung. You’re clever enough to know that.” Isaac said and Ivan groans.

“I don’t know anything.” Ivan answers, obviously hiding something. Isaac rolls his eyes.

“Come on hyung, it is really him right? It is really Park Chanyeol right? Your archenemy…” Ivan looks at Isaac with a glare due to the statement and Isaac blatantly ignores his hyung.

“You can at least do that much for me hyung…” Isaac said asking for a favor sincerely. Ivan releases a long sigh and nods slowly. Isaac looks at his brother with a shock expression.

“You’re being weirdly cooperative, Hyung…” Isaac can’t help but question his hyung since he never expected it will be that easy.

“You can’t even stand the sight of Chanyeol.” Isaac comments making Ivan sighs again.

“I still am, but you should’ve seen Irene at the time when she lost her husband, and you for that matter, when your eyes flare seeing him walking around alive and well after forcing yourself to come back just to visit his grave…” Ivan pauses and Isaac stays in silent.

“I might be mean and a horrible person to others, but I can’t be that much of a jerk to my own siblings. You come back because of him right?” Ivan asks knowingly and Isaac silently nods. Ivan shook his head and smirk.

“He’s still the one, the only person able to move you with ease, even when he himself wasn’t aware of it.” Ivan said looking pretty annoyed. He turns to glares at Isaac.

“Now, get out of my room. You already got what you want and I’m already late for my work.” Ivan said harshly and Isaac previous guilt expression thinking that his hyung is quite decent drastically change. He pulls himself up and already walking towards the door when something cross his mind.

“Actually hyung, Baekhyun brought Jongdae with him to come looking for me directly asking for the favor…I really have to come back when it comes to that, right?” Isaac said before getting out leaving a stunt Ivan.

“Baek and even Chen…he must be pretty desperate…” Ivan mumbles before taking out his phone and starts dialing a number.

“Appa, I think you have to come back.” Ivan said into the phone and Isaac who was leaning on the door outside, smirks when he hears the words.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Sehun left his house with Chanyeol feeling awkward. He stays on the same spot processing Sehun’s earlier question for a while before deciding to just dismiss the topic.

“I’m really not build for thinking hard. I better get some sleep since I’ll really have to work tomorrow.” Chanyeol mumbles to himself before tucking himself in.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Chanyeol is arranging everything in a rush since he straight away went to sleep last night before preparing for work. He was stacking the files to bring to Sehun when he accidentally knocks a calendar to the floor. Chanyeol reaches for the calendar and notices the date that he marks with a big red circle. He gasps in shock.

“Oh god! It’s Sehun’s birthday.” He exclaims while scratching his neck.

“…and I don’t buy him anything even when I’ve been planning to give him something for his birthday for days…Aish…” Chanyeol complains as he looks guiltily towards Sehun’s room. He then walks towards Sehun’s room with a planner for that day and step in hesitantly.

“Good morning Sehun…” Chanyeol’s voice trails seeing Sehun deeply engross in his work. Sehun looks up at Chanyeol and smile.

“Good morning Chanyeol, can you please make me a cup of tea?” Sehun asks before directly continuing his work. He was already done reading a page from the document when he realizes Chanyeol is still standing in front of him, looking guiltily in his direction.

“Yes Chanyeol, do you have something bothering you?” Sehun asks putting down the documents in his hand, giving his full attention toward Chanyeol. Chanyeol looks down to the floor.

“Sehun, happy birthday. I only remembered it this morning, so I’m sorry that I don’t prepare any gift for you.” Chanyeol mumbles, voice soft and slow, almost like a whisper. He takes a peek at Sehun’s expression from the corner of his eyes and Chanyeol immediately looks up when he sees Sehun smiles sweetly at him.

“Thank you for the wish.” Sehun said and Chanyeol looks confusedly at him.

“Is it ok?” Chanyeol asks. Sehun blinks his eyes.

“What?” Sehun asks not really understanding what the questions means for.

“Well, I feel bad not having anything to give you. Not even a seaweed’s soup.” Chanyeol explains. Sehun smiles again and want to say that it was fine, that he’s happy enough Chanyeol remembers his birthday but an idea comes to his mind.

“Do you really want to give me something?” Sehun asks and Chanyeol’s face immediately brightens. He nods eagerly. Sehun can’t help but smile wider.

“If so, can you grant me 3 wishes?” Sehun asks and Chanyeol looks a bit startled. Sehun waits patiently for Chanyeol’s answer, keeping his stare on Chanyeol. Chanyeol frowns for a while a release a soft sigh.

“As long as it’s reasonable enough, I’ll try. It’s not like I can go to the space and pick the stars for you if you asks for them, right?” Chanyeol reasons making Sehun chuckles. He stares lovingly at Chanyeol.

“Why would I asks for stars when I have you?” Sehun said and Chanyeol unknowingly blush.

“Just please make your wish already.” Chanyeol said clearly embarrass. Sehun smiles widen.

“Please make me one cup of hot tea. I’ll need one to keep me energized for the whole day.” Sehun said simply and Chanyeol nods slowly before walking out of the office.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

It was almost their lunch break when Sehun calls him to his office. Chanyeol rushes in with planner in his hand.

“Yes Sehun, do you have anything you need?” Chanyeol asks directly only to realize Sehun waiting for him fully packed.

“Are you going somewhere?” Chanyeol asks.

“I’m going to state my second wish. Would you hear them out?” Sehun asks and Chanyeol nods, closing the planner in his hand.

“Can you cook a seaweed soup for me?” Sehun said but Chanyeol cuts him looking very confident.

“That’ll be easy. I’m pretty confident with my seaweed soup. I’m…” Chanyeol was talking eagerly when Sehun’s voice stops him.

“…at my home. Can you confidently cook them at my home?” Sehun asks and Chanyeol turns silent. Chanyeol knows that Sehun was always more blunt and expressive when he’s there and Chanyeol himself seems more vulnerable when he’s in Sehun’s home.

“I just need to cook there, right?” Chanyeol asks cautious and Sehun nods.

“Just cooking, like the last time you cooked me breakfast.” Sehun assures and Chanyeol smiles again.

“Ok, I’ll pack and come with you.” Chanyeol said before walking out.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They are on their way to Sehun’s house when Sehun turns the car to a local supermarket. Chanyeol looks at him with curious eyes when Sehun parks the car and Sehun smiles wide.

“I have an empty fridge at home…and I don’t think you can cook your excellent seaweed soup with just water and salt.” Sehun explains knowingly before getting out of the car. Chanyeol can’t help but pout since he feels like Sehun was teasing him. He turns his head when someone knocks the window and open his door.

“Come on Chanyeol. Let’s go.” Sehun said reaching for Chanyeol’s hand and drag him into the supermarket entrance. They were passing the fruits section when some workers address them.

“Hey Chanyeol, long time no see.”

“Wow, you manage to bring Sehun with you this time.”

“Sehun, you look good as always…just a compliment Chanyeol…I’m not trying to flirt with your Sehun.” A young female worker said to them with a wink. Chanyeol looks confusedly at Sehun. Sehun just look straight ahead with a distant smile on his face.

“My Chanyeol is...” Sehun pauses.

“…was a regular here. He came almost every day and he was so friendly almost every workers here know him. They don’t know that he…the last time I forced myself to come I end up in a crying mess. Sehun explains without looking at Chanyeol. Chanyeol stays silent and then stop when Sehun stops.

“Why don’t you buy some meat first? I need to pick something else. I’ll meet you there.” Sehun said looking at Chanyeol with a smile, looking perfectly fine before turning to another aisle. Chanyeol tilts his head and trail Sehun’s disappearing view before turning again shrugging his shoulder.

“He looks completely fine for talking about something so depressing.” Chanyeol comments as he walks to the meat section and an old lady who works there smile wide when she sees him.

“Chanyeol! It’s been almost a year. Where had you been?” The old lady asks with such familiarity that’s Chanyeol feels bad if he don’t get along.

“I’ve been so busy with works. They keep on sending me far away, I’m barely home.” Chanyeol lies keeping in check on what he knows about the late Chanyeol.

“Oh, you poor thing. You should stop working so hard. You probably should stop working altogether but I know you love your work. Even Sehun can’t persuade you to stop. No wonder he looks so lonely the last time I saw him.” The old lady said knowingly as she proceed to cut the meats that Chanyeol wants.

“He’s been lonely?” Chanyeol mumbles but the old lady looks questioningly at him for a while before she shook her head and smile.

“Has Sehun finally propose to you? I think it’s about time for him to do so…” The old lady comments but then she was answers by Sehun’s voice.

“I already did.” Sehun said walking toward them as he nods to the old lady.

“I don’t know why he takes so long to answer yes. Maybe the ring I gave him is not fancy enough for his taste.” Sehun said looking directly at Chanyeol. Chanyeol was lost for words when the old lady chuckles.

“Chanyeol, perhaps you’re resenting Sehun for buying your ring without you? Stop being stubborn and say yes already. I can’t wait to come to your wedding.” The old lady teases and Sehun smiles. Chanyeol can only smiles bitterly.