Chapter 2

As long as you alive: chaptered

6 December 2011

Sehun was sorting all the paperwork when Kai taps him from the back.

“Sehunnie, it’s been a week already. Where’s your new boyfriend? How can he be so quiet?” Kai asks wondering. Kyungsoo who sits at the other end of the room looking up with interest at the question. Sehun frowns.

“Boyfriend? When did i end up with one?” He asks confusedly. Kyungsoo giggles hearing Sehun responds and Kai sighs.

“Sehun, remember the guy that come to you with the flowers? Well, he becomes your boyfriend when you take the flower from him.” Kai explains making Sehun frowns deeper.

“How can that be? He asked me to take the flower from him because his hands were sore.” Sehun defends. Kai sighs deeper.

“Seriously Sehun, how can you be unexplainably dense when you’re so clever to begin with?” Kai asks in disbelief making Kyungsoo burst into laughter.

“Come on Kai, stop teasing Sehun. It wasn’t like he had that much experience in this field compare to you.” Kyungsoo said after he manages to stop laughing. Kai nods in agreement at the statement making Sehun glares at both of them. Sehun was going to answer them when a deep cheery voice calls his name loudly.

“Sehunnie...how come you’re not looking for me? Don’t you miss me?”

Present day

“Sehun...Sehun! Hey, earth to Sehun!” Sehun breaks from his thought as he sees Chanyeol waving at him, looking at him with a frown.

“What are you daydreaming about?” Chanyeol asks curiously. Sehun smiles.

“Come on Sehunnie...share some of your thought with me...you said that we can’t keep any secret from our other half...” Sehun smiles grew wider at the memory.

“Are you sure you want to know what i’m thinking about, Yeol...” Sehun pauses suddenly. He looks at the man standing infront of him. The lack of eagerness in the familiar face he’d known for years pains his heart. Sehun heaves a deep breath.

“...Chanyeol?” Sehun finishes. Sehun had been calling Chanyeol by nickname for so long that when he calls Chanyeol fully, it bring bitter taste in his mouth. Chanyeol rolls his eyes at Sehun’s question.

“I don’t think it’s important to me right?” Chanyeol guess and Sehun gives a sad smile. Chanyeol gives up and start leaving. Sehun silently watches Chanyeol retreating figure.

........................................................................................................................................

Baekhyun and Jongdae arrive at the office in the evening to meet Kai. They were walking to Kai’s office when Jongdae sees Chanyeol. Jongdae almost drop his jaw seeing the man. He pulls Baekhyun’s shirt making Baekhyun turns, Baekhyun widen his eyes in surprise when he realize what’s Jongdae tries to show him. Involuntarily, Baekhyun’s legs walk him toward Chanyeol. Jongdae follows closely.

“Park Chanyeol...” Baekhyun calls stopping Chanyeol in his track. He looks at the two man standing in front of him.

“Yes?” he answers confusedly since he’s pretty sure he doesn’t recognize both of them. Out of sudden one of the guy break into tears.

“Yeollie...Yeollie, god, Chen, it’s our Yeollie.” Baekhyun said as he tries to reach for Chanyeol’s hand. Jongdae nods hardly.

“It’s Yeollie, Baek...” he said it too since it’s been so long since Baekhyun been that lost. Too long since Baekhyun calls him that. After the accident, apart from Sehun who’s clearly devastated, Baekhyun was affected too. Chanyeol had been his friend for too long that Baekhyun forgot when they’re not. Baekhyun walks closer toward Chanyeol and Jongdae sees the man flinch.

“Hey, i’m sorry, but i think you’ve got the wrong guy. I’ve to go.” Chanyeol said before rushing away and Jongdae has to stop Baekhyun from dropping to the floor. That’s when Kai arrives. Seeing how Jongdae holds Baekhyun, Kai sighs.

“I guess you’ve meet him...” Kai said and Jongdae weakly nods.

6 December 2011

Baekhyun enters the classroom and sees Chanyeol silently accompanying Jongdae doing his paperwork.

“That’s rare. What happen to him?” Baekhyun asks Jongdae while eyeing the uncommonly quiet Chanyeol. Jongdae smirks a little.

“He’s sulking. Apparently Sehun wasn’t looking for him even when they’ve become couple for a week.” Jongdae said clearly quoting what Chanyeol had complained to him earlier. Baekhyun sees how Chanyeol pout more. Baekhyun rolls his eyes. He moves so he is seated directly in front of Chanyeol.

“Yeollie, how will Sehun know when you ask him vaguely like that?” Chanyeol looks up at the question.

“Besides, since when did you wait?” Baekhyun saids and at once Chanyeol smiles wide. He stands up and rushes out of the room. Baekhyun looks at his retreating friend with a knowing look. Jongdae chuckles.

“It’s always amaze me how well you know Chanyeol.” Jongdae comments and Baekhyun sighs.

“He’s an open book if you’ve been spending years with him.” Baekhyun said and Jongdae nods in agreement.

Present day

They were surrounding Baekhyun, waiting for the man to collect himself. Baekhyun rubs his face while sighing deeply.

“It really feels like him...” Baekhyun comments slowly making Kai and Jongdae look at him wearily. They know. If there’s anyone that can recognize Chanyeol other than his parent, it was Baekhyun.

“But...Jongdae...at the funeral...it’s...oh god...” Baekhyun breaks into tears again as the memories of the time he got the news flashes. Baekhyun and Jongdae was out of town when Kyungsoo calls. Baekhyun remembers the erratic heartbeat he feels that time because Kyungsoo rarely calls. He also remembered how his phone drop and how he drops to his knees right there and then because one single sentences Kyungsoo utters.

“Baekhyun, there was fire. Chanyeol was caught in it, and he...” Everything was blurs after that. Baekhyun recalls how Jongdae support and drags him to give his last respect, and there was Sehun, face devoid of emotion. Baekhyun wipes his tears. He takes a deep breath. He can’t imagine what Sehun would feel right now. If he’s in this mess then what about Sehun? That man loves Chanyeol.

........................................................................................................................................

Chanyeol rushes away feeling weirded buy the earlier guy action. He walks fast that he didn’t realize Sehun walking out of his office until they bump into each other. The impact make both of them lost their balance and they fall. Chanyeol, while trying to stop his fall somehow land his hand onto sharp edge of the table and somehow hurt his hand.

“Ow! That’s hurt.” He winces as he retract his hand and sees a thin line of blood dripping from his fingers.

“...and i’m bleeding. Nice! Like my day could get even weirder.” He complains but then his eyes widen in shock when a hand grab his and his finger was brought into a mouth. Chanyeol involuntarily blushes when he realizes Sehun his bleeding finger looking genuinely worried. Chanyeol feels his face heating up when Sehun stares at him while rubbing comforting circle on his hand, still his bleeding finger. Chanyeol pulls his hand away.

“W...Wh...Wha...What do you think you’re doing?” Chanyeol stutters, his blush getting darker. Sehun looks at Chanyeol silently before getting up and help pulling Chanyeol too.

“I’m sorry that i hurt you.” Sehun said short leaving Chanyeol confuse. Sehun walks a few distance away before leaning to the wall to support him from falling down.

“I can’t help myself...babe, help me.” Sehun whispers as he rubs his face, closing his eyes.

“Sehunnie, come here. Let me treats your wound.” A drop of tear fall to Sehun’s face when he remembers Chanyeol did the exact same thing he did earlier.

........................................................................................................................................

Chanyeol was looking at the small cut on his finger when Sehun come and put a band aid on his table.

“You know that the cut won’t heal itself if you just stare at it like that right?” Sehun said earning a glare from Chanyeol.

“It just a small cut. It won’t kill me.” Chanyeol said sourly and he frowns when Sehun unexpectedly pull his hand and put the band aid on.

“Stop being stubborn. The cut might me small, but it can still get infected.” Sehun warns and Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

“You’re so weird, one time you’re a big softie and the next you’re so bossy. Do you have multiple personality or what?” Sehun frowns at Chanyeol question.

“Besides, stop treating me like a child, I’m a grown up. I can pretty well take care of myself.” Chanyeol said pulling back his hand from Sehun’s hold.

“…and stop touching me. What will the others say if they see this? I’m a married man. It’ll break my wife’s heart if she…” Chanyeol was unable to complete his word when Sehun forcefully pull his hand back. Sehun’s face tighten.

“I told you that you’re not supposed to be married. You’re my fiancée. Don’t let her touch you. If she did…” Sehun stop when Baekhyun puts a hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun pats Sehun’s back softly.

“Sehun, that’s enough.” Baekhyun said calmly before pulling Sehun away from the scene. Chanyeol feels he can finally breaths when Sehun walks away. He feels cold sweats run all over his body since he knows Sehun was dead serious.

………………………………………………………………………………………………......

Sehun kneels and put the flowers in front of the tombstone. He traces the name engraves on it.

“Yeollie, what should I do?” he speaks while sitting next to the tombstone.

“It’s like seeing you…alive and well.” Sehun sighs as he watches the sky.

“Kai keeps on telling me that’s not you. If it’s really you, how is it that you already married and have a child in just a month?” Sehun said while palming his face.

“But babe, I can’t shake this feeling that I’m like looking at you when I’m looking at him. Babe, how I hope that’s he’s really you. What I’ll give to have you next to me again.” Sehun sighs heavily. He lies on the grass next to the tombstone.

“Babe, was it considered as cheating if I treat him like how I treated you?” Sehun asks into the air as if he’s really talking to his lover. He chuckles. Sehun turns to his side to stare at the name.

“You’ll definitely throw a tantrum if I do, won’t you?” Sehun asks with a huge smile. He loves the time when Chanyeol pull an acts like that because Sehun loves babying Chanyeol to all his heart contents. Sehun traces the name again.

“I miss you babe, I really do.” He said before getting up.

“I’ll get going first, don’t miss me too much. I’ll come again next week.” Sehun said before turning around. He walks slowly while staring at the empty sky.

“Are you there watching over me, my love?” Sehun whispers to the air.

................................................................................................

A/n: Please leave some comments. I'll appreciate it. ^-^