Entirely Guilty By Design

Alternate

A/N: Hello all! I hope all of you are doing well today! New chapter yay! I'm so sorry this took forever to get out to you all but this past week I suddenly got swamped with school work and I kind of had to put writing on the backburner so I could study for everything. Thank you all so much for your patience but this is very likely to happen again. I promise I won't go months without posting but I certainly won't be posting everyday any more. I realize I shouldn't have done that because I was spoiling you guys. It was mostly because I was being impatient and wanting to get them all uploaded on here. BAD CHEYENNE! *scolds self* Anyway, credit for the title of this chapter goes to the song Masterpiece Theatre 1 by Marianas Trench. Cuz their lyrics are deep. HA! Get it? Cuz the marianas trench is deep? And so are their lyrics? No? ...Okay...Onward with the chapter!!!!

 

 

Chapter Nine:

 

 

Jimin is woken up by high pitched screaming.

 

“OH MY GOD HOSEOK SHUT THE UP!” a voice that sounds like Jungkook yells, “Your banshee screams just made me lose my game! I was on level forty! Do you realize how hard it is to get to that level?!”

 

“I got the most awesome snapback in the mail from a fan!” Hoseok argues back, “AND WHO ARE YOU TO TALK TO YOUR HYUNG LIKE THAT YOU CHILD?!”

 

“Someone who has to start all over because you made me to die!” Jungkook yells, “I hope your happy!”

 

Jimin struggled to sit up in bed. Taking in his surroundings, he realizes that there isn’t a bunk bed above his own. Just a white ceiling, although not a familiar one. Taking one glance around the room he sees there is one other bed, in the what now looks like a hotel room.  Jimin sits in stunned silence, drowning out all the noise that was coming from outside the door.

 

He definitely wasn’t in his own reality anymore, but this didn’t make any sense. Why hadn’t he woken up in the dorms like the other day? Where was he? He could vaguely make out a door and he guess by the sounds coming from behind it, it led to some sort of common living room.

 

For a moment, Jimin thinks he might’ve traveled to a third reality, but then some more screaming and yelling from the living room makes Jimin realize that they’re the same guys as last time. The thought makes him so happy, he momentarily forgets that he is not in the dorm anymore and that this very well might not be the same place he had been the other day.

 

“Guys!” Jimin cried out as he ran out of the room, “I’m back!”

 

Out in the living room of the hotel, Jungkook was sitting on the couch trying desperately to revive his game status while Hoseok sat on the ground relatively near him on the other side of the couch. He had a large mail package open and around him lay all the packing peanuts. Some even stuck to his hair.

 

In the small kitchenette, Jin was making coffee. Sitting at the kitchen table was Taehyung and Namjoon eating cereal. Everyone looked at him strangely, like they didn’t understand why he was bursting with energy.

 

“I’m back…” Jimin trails off. He’s not sure if bursting out like that was a good idea.

 

“Back from where…? I didn’t realize you went somewhere,” Namjoon asks through a mouth full of cereal. Jin stands at the kitchen island and Taehyung sits next to Namjoon, continuing to chew his cereal loudly waiting for Jimin to continue.

 

“Uh...remember how I told you guys yesterday that I was pretty sure I came from a different reality?” Jimin starts, “well it’s true. I went back home last night but now I’m back.”

 

The room is deadly silent. Taehyung has stopped his obnoxious chewing and Hoseok and Jungkook have drawn their attention away from their games and new hat.

 

“Jimin hyung,” Jungkook starts, apprehensively, “why are you suddenly bringing that up again?”

 

“What do you mean?”Jimin looks at him quizzically, “yesterday when I first came here you all said you believed me. By the way, why aren’t we in the dorm? Why all of a sudden--?”

 

“Jimin that wasn’t yesterday,” Jin suddenly butts in, “that was over four months ago. All of a sudden one day you were saying you weren’t from this reality and that you had de-aged and then the next day when we brought it up, you had absolutely no idea what we were talking about.”

 

Jimin stands with his mouth agape, “But...that was yesterday…”

 

Suddenly the door opens and a tired looking Yoongi walks into the room from what seemed to be another bedroom.

 

“I’m awake,” he says lazily, “Jin-hyung, is there any breakfast left over? My stomach feels weird and I think it’s because I haven’t eaten in awhile.”

 

Yoongi walks into the kitchen, pulling a bowl out of the cabinet and walking to the fridge to grab the cereal ingredients out. Everyone’s eyes follow the older as he continues to make food, completely oblivious to the tension in the room. It’s not until Yoongi is fully sat down at the table and eating, that he looks up and sees the serious and unbelieving stares from all his bandmates.

 

“What?” Yoongi says in between a mouth full of cereal. Jimin can’t help but stare at him as well.

 

“Jimin’s talking about alternate realities again,” Taehyung answers for all of them.

 

Yoongi’s spoon clatters down into his bowl, and the black haired boy makes no move to pick it up.

 

“Are you serious?” Yoongi asks, his voice grave and unflinching.

 

“I’m not lying, it was really yesterday for me that I came here for the first time. Well, actually more like two days ago for me, because I was at home all day yesterday, so technically the day before that--” Jimin continues to babble, his habit of talking when he’s nervous starting up again. At least he wasn’t stuttering.

 

“Jimin, that night you were at the studio with me and you started freaking out about your parents. You kept on asking me if they were alive and you were hyperventilating. When you finally got a hold of your dad you passed out and you nearly scared the hell out of me as well as your dad,” Yoongi starts, his tone flat yet betraying a bit of concern, “When you finally woke up again and I filled you in, you thought I was making it up.”

 

“We tried to fill you in on what happened, but you had no memory of any of that happening,” Jin adds in, “it was like you had lost the whole day and none of it happened.”

 

“But--” Jimin tries to say.

 

“That was so long ago,” Hoseok starts, “I thought we were done with that. You had gone so long without mentioning it, I thought it was all just a random breakdown you had one day.”

 

Jimin stares at the ground.

 

“Four  months ago….” Jimin breathes, as he tries to think about what might possibly could be the reason for this, “that means the timeline in this reality isn’t day to day like it is at home...it was only a day for me but four months for you all.”

 

Nobody says a word, still clearly in shock over everything.

 

“What’s today’s date?” Jimin asks, locking eyes with Yoongi.

 

“Today is December 8th 2013,” Jungkook answers for him, having checked on his phone real quick, since he had it out already.

 

“What happened in between that lapse of time between the day I was here in September and today?”

 

Namjoon in his teeth, “Well for one, we put out a new music video called N.O and did several remix covers.”

 

“We did?” Jimin asks. Namjoon nods.

 

“Where are we?” Jimin asks.

 

“Japan,” Taehyung answers, “we’re here for the music show.”

 

“We are?” Jimin asks excitedly, suddenly forgetting about the other predicament, “when are we performing?”

 

“Tonight,” Yoongi starts, “but if this time is anything like last time you probably don’t know the dances or any of the other parts--”

 

“Are we performing No More Dream and We Are Bulletproof Pt.2?” Jimin asks.

 

“Yeah,” Namjoon answers, “we’re not performing N.O. this time--”

 

“Then I can handle it,” Jimin interjects, “I learned it from Hoseok-sshi last time.”

 

“Here we go with the weird honorifics again,” Taehyung remarks, chuckling deep and low.

 

“Oh, sorry, I just met Hoseok yesterday in my world. I honestly thought he was a figment of my imagination,” Jimin says as explanation. They look at him strangely but carry on anyways.

 

“Do you remember the Intro stage?” Hoseok asks.

 

“I remember it for the most part although I haven’t had a chance to practice it yet,” Jimin answers honestly.

 

“Hobi-hyung and I will help you, but we don’t really have that much time. We have today to practice and then the performance is tonight,” Jungkook says to him.

 

“So you believe me?” Jimin asks, his eyes shining like a hopeful puppy.

 

Jungkook makes a sound at the back of his throat, “I have no choice but to believe you. All that matters right now is that you are ready to perform.”

 

“We don’t want a repeat of last time,” Namjoon says, “you were lucky that we didn’t have any schedules that day but now we do. We can’t afford to mess things up so early in the game. We’re still rookies.”

 

Yoongi had been eerily quiet for a while. When Jimin glances back at him, he’s sees a familiar far away look in his eyes. He is staring at the ground next to Jimin. Jimin looks where his eyes are trained but doesn’t see anything but the distorted dark figure of his shadow.

 

That was the same look Yoongi had done before, yesterday in the practice room. Jimin is once again rocked with the thought that maybe Yoongi had a gift, just like him. But then again, all he was doing was staring off into space. It’s not like that was abnormal behavior or anything. But the waves of energy coming off of Yoongi were palpable and Jimin found himself on edge.

 

“Yoongi, are you ok?” Jin asks suddenly, turning to their oldest rapper. Yoongi suddenly snaps out of it and looks up at Jin with a stunned look, turning to everyone else and looking at them with mild surprise as well.

 

“Hmm? What?” Yoongi murmurs in a daze.

 

“You looked really out of it for a moment,” Jin says, “are you feeling okay? Feeling sick anywhere?”

 

“What? No, I’m fine. I was just lost in thought for a moment,” Nobody seems to believe him, but knowing how stubborn Yoongi really is, there was nothing anybody could do to change his mind.

 

“Care to share what was on your mind?” Namjoon muses.

 

Yoongi looks put on the spot, but he quickly recovers. His eyes suddenly snap to Jimin’s and the two share a heated look. One that doesn’t go unnoticed by the members.

 

“Just that you all need to get to work,” Yoongi says. He gets up quickly and starts to return to his room off to the side in the mini suite their group was living in, “I’m gonna go back to sleep for a few hours. Taehyung kept me up all night with his incessant chatterings about bunnies on the moon.”

 

As the older trails off and walks away, clutching the side of his stomach awkwardly, Jimin’s eyes wander back to where Yoongi had left his full bowl of cereal completely untouched.

 

*************

 

After being prepped on what their group had been up to for the past four months, Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok finally headed to the mini dance studio the company had rented out for them to practice in. Jimin knew he should be trying to get in contact with his parents, but if his father was alive there was a high chance his mother and brother were alive too. He could wait till a little bit later to try and contact them again. So instead, Jimin focused on the dancing. They practice for six straight hours and Jungkook and Hoseok had even taken it upon themselves to teach him the dance to N.O as well. By the end of it all, Jimin was pretty confident that he could perform the dances. The songs however…

 

“No, no, no,” Jungkook starts, “that’s my part. You part comes in after mine.”

 

“Like this?” Jimin tries again. It’s rough but he thinks it's a little better. Jungkook seems to disagree.

 

“Not quite,” Jungkook starts, “you see after I sing the last line, you are supposed to come in with the high note. We’re supposed to harmonize.”

 

“I know, I know, I got that part,” Jimin says starting to get frustrated, “it’s just doing it that I’m having a tough time doing.”

 

“You should probably just go talk to Yoongi hyung,” Hoseok suddenly pipes in, “he knows the songs and the technicalities better than anyone. He’ll probably help you a lot more than we can.”

 

“I was trying my best--” Jungkook starts.

 

“It’s ok, Jungkook,” Jimin interrupts, “you’re on a different level than me. I can’t expect to compete with your vocals. Thanks for trying to teach me anyway.”

 

Jungkook looks stumped for a bit. He looked like he wanted to say something, to refute something but he couldn’t bring himself to voice his thoughts. Jimin lets it slide for now. Instead, he wipes his sweat with his towel and then shoves everything into his bag. Somewhere in the distance, a phone rings. It’s Hoseok’s phone. He picks it up and chats with someone lightly for a few moments before hanging up.

 

“There’s a van outside waiting for us. We have to head to the venue now,” Hoseok informs them both.

 

“But I need to practice my parts and I really need to take a shower--” Jimin starts.

 

“They have showers there,” Hoseok says, “and Yoongi will be there soon so you can practice with him while we’re on standby.”

 

True to his word, there do end up being showers there. Jimin washes himself up and finds that as soon as he exits the bathroom, there is a manager there that he recognizes but can’t remember the name of. He whisks Jimin off and places him in the hands of several young women, probably older than himself, who take it upon themselves to pick out his clothing and sit him down in a chair to start his makeup.

 

It’s a strange procedure. Jimin wasn’t used to having so much makeup on his face, he usually only put on a bit of eyeliner for special occasions but nothing else, yet he oddly found it relaxing to be pampered like this. He let the noonas do their thing and the time flies by until he is suddenly made to get out of the chair so that another member can get their makeup done.

 

That member happens to be Yoongi. He’s already dressed in the hip hop clothes similar to Jimin’s own, that they had been wearing in their music videos. Jimin would say that he looks handsome, but as soon as his face comes into clear view, Jimin starts to worry.

 

Yoongi looks pale. Paler than usual and if Jimin looked closely, he could see beads of sweat running down his face. The older doesn’t even notice Jimin, because as soon as his hits the chair, he is lying back and closing his eyes, as if he was about to sleep for a year. His hands come up to cradle his lower abdomen, as if sitting down had hurt.

 

“Are you ok, Yoongi-hyung?” Jimin asks, the concern obvious in his voice. Yoongi cracks his eyes open slightly, breathing out a long and heavy sigh.

 

“Jimin-ah? I didn’t even see you there,” his voice cracks and he sounds exhausted.

 

“Yoongi, you really look sick,” Jimin says, “do you have the flu or something?”

 

“What? No, I don’t have the flu,” Yoongi says as he tries to sit up, but he suddenly clutches his stomach and winces, “my stomach just hurts.”

 

“Hyung that’s really not good--”

 

Jimin is cut off by Yoongi suddenly asking one of the coordi noonas hurriedly if they could turn on the AC because it is seriously boiling in this room. Jimin places a hand on Yoongi’s forehead. Both wince at the contact. Yoongi from suddenly being touched and Jimin from the pure heat radiating off of Yoongi’s forehead.

 

“Yoongi, you are burning up,” Jimin can feel the babbles coming on again, “you need to take some medicine or go talk to the managers because I don’t think you should perform if you’re not feeling well--”

 

“Jimin, I’m fine--” Yoongi suddenly stands up, trying to prove to Jimin that he’s fine, but the second he stands up, the older immediately starts to sway. The older stops himself from falling  hurriedly on one of the mirror ledges, but Jimin is already reaching out for him. Jimin wraps an arm underneath his shoulders and brings his other hand to Yoongi’s side to steady him. That was the worst move he could have made at that moment.

 

“Ahh!” Yoongi suddenly cries out in pain, and Jimin jumps away.

 

“Oh my god, I’m sorry,” Jimin nearly screams, “I didn’t mean to press on your stomach--”

 

“What’s going on here?” the manager that Jimin recognizes as their main manager suddenly says as he walks up to the pair of them.

 

“Nothing--” Yoongi tries to say at the same time that Jimin says that, “Yoongi-hyung is sick. His stomach hurts and he has a fever.”

 

“Yoongi-ah, is that true?” the manager asks. Yoongi looks up at the manager under hooded eyes. His gaze slithers tiredly over to Jimin and it’s painfully obvious in his eyes that he is not ok. If the look Jimin is sure he has on his face is any indication, then Yoongi seems to give up and tries to steady himself to turn to the manager.

 

“My stomach really hurts,” he says simply.

 

“Like food poisoning?” the manager asks. Yoongi shakes his head.

 

“I haven’t eaten anything at all today. The pain is more like a sharp shooting pain. I feel really nauseous but I know that I don’t need to throw up. I just feel like I’m gonna pass out from the pain in my side--”

 

“It’s in your side?” the manager suddenly looks panicked, “this could be something worse than a stomach ache. We need to take you to the doctors right now.”

 

“No, I--” Yoongi tries to protest, but Jimin snatces his arm and loops his arm underneath the older, careful not to touch his stomach.

 

“Come on,” Jimin turns to the manager, “help me get him to the car.”

 

“Jimin, the performance,” Yoongi starts, “your first performance--”

 

“If you honestly think I care more about performing right now then I do about you then you must not be as smart as I thought you were,” Jimin cuts him off with his sharp and unyielding tone.

 

Yoongi stares at him, his gaze holding some sort of emotion that Jimin doesn’t really recognize. It’s heated and it’s unrelenting but Jimin can’t focus on that right now. At the moment, he continues to struggle to get Yoongi to their company car. Along the way, they pass some of the other members and Jin in particular starts freaking out. Jimin didn’t have any time to explain it to them so he gave them abridged version and told them that he’d text him the rest of the details later because right now they really didn’t have any time.

 

Sooner than he realizes, they are at the hospital. Jimin isn’t allowed to go into the examination room, but he waits worriedly outside while the manager and Yoongi are inside. When the door bursts open, Jimin jumps up in anticipation. Yoongi is brought out in a wheelchair and the manager looks on with a worried expression.

 

“He’s exhibiting symptoms of appendicitis. They’re flying him back to the Korea right now, to get him a more thorough check up and give him possible surgery,” the manager tells him.

 

“I need to go with him--”

 

“No, Jimin, I need you to go back and help me with everything back there. I already texted the rest of the managers and the venue hosts but I need you to help me with the rest of you boys. Everyone is probably freaking out. Please do this for me,” the manager begs.

 

Jimin wants to argue. Wants to tell the manager that the boys don’t need him. The only one who needs him right now is the one who he just witnessed getting wheeled away with a look of utmost pain on his face. But Jimin knows that at this moment in time, it won’t be possible for him to go with Yoongi.

 

He and Yoongi part ways and when Jimin makes it back to the rest of the band, the others attack him with questions.

 

“What the hell happened?” Namjoon yells.

 

“Where’s Yoongi? Is he ok?” Jin asks, his motherly tone coming out.

 

“He has appendicitis,” Jimin tells the lot and they all stare at him in horror and worry, “he was put on a plane to fly back to Korea a little while ago. Manager hyung went with him. I had to come back to help out.”

 

“Does this mean we aren’t doing the performance tonight?” Taehyung asks. Jimin nods solemnly. Hoseok puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.

 

“Maybe that is for the best,” he says. Jimin wants to agree but he could never agree to statement that makes light of a situation where Yoongi was put in harm's way.

 

“Are we going to go back to Korea?” Jungkook asks.

 

“I just got a text from the manager and our flight is booked for this evening,” Namjoon tells the group, “the car’s waiting outside for us now. We should go change out of these outfits and hurry to the airport.”

 

There were no complaints from anyone. They all hurried to get changed and met back at the front of the venue in record time. They had just gotten settled inside the car, their other manager pulling out of the driveway quickly, when Jimin’s phone buzzed signalling he got a text message. Not a moment later, everyone else’s phones go off at the same time. Jimin figured it must be a group message.

 

He quickly whips his phone out to check. It’s from their manager who went with Yoongi.

 

Yah, kids. Yoongi got admitted to the hospital in Seoul. His appendix almost burst but he got into surgery just in time. You can come visit him in the morning. He should be out of the ICU by then.

 

“Oh my god,” Hoseok gasps.

 

“I can’t believe he’s in surgery,” Jungkook gapes.

 

“This is crazy,” Namjoon mutters.

 

“I knew he wasn’t feeling well,” Jin exclaims, “I knew it since this morning but he’s so stubborn! He could have died!”

 

“What?!” Taehyung gasps in horror, “whatever Yoongi has can kill you?”

 

“If his appendix had burst and he hadn’t been at the hospital, he would have died,” Namjoon answers for everyone. This seems to snap Jimin out of his shock and he in a shaky breath.

 

Jin seems to notice the sudden reaction from Jimin.

 

“Jimin, are you okay?” Jin asks suddenly, “you look like you’re gonna throw up right now.”

 

Jimin shakes his head, dragging his eyes up from the floor.

 

“Huh? Uh...I’m okay, I’m just….” Jimin tries to find the right word to say, “....shaken up.”

 

Namjoon places a comforting hand on his knee, “It’s alright, Jimin, we’re all shaken up.”

 

“Yoongi-hyung’s gonna get better,” Taehyung tells him, his eyes dead serious. There was not an ounce of doubt in Taehyung’s mind and Jimin can’t help but believe him when he looks so steadfast.

 

“Taehyung’s right,” Jungkook pipes up, placing a hand on Taehyung’s leg. The other quickly snatches it up and laces their fingers together. The action surprises Jimin momentarily, but then he thinks it’s probably nothing, “Hyung’ll be fine. He always is.”

 

“And tomorrow, we’ll be able to see him,” Hoseok adds.

 

“I’m sure manager-hyung will text us with any updates as well,” Namjoon adds at last. Jimin nods his head, probably a bit over exaggeratedly, but he felt like if he nodded enough then he would start to believe everyone’s words of comfort.

 

The flight back to Korea is short and when they arrive, Jimin sees they have another text message from manager hyung. It’s 3 in the morning, yet Jimin feels wide awake.

 

Yoongi made it out of the surgery just fine. He’s currently sleeping. You can come visit him in the morning. Visiting hours start at 8.

 

Back at their apartment, Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok fall asleep fast, content with the fact that’ll they’ll get to visit Yoongi in the morning. Jin and Namjoon however, stay up.

 

Jimin is sitting on the couch, staring at the wall, when Namjoon sits down on the other side of him. He doesn’t say anything at first, but Jimin finds his presence comforting in and of itself. Not a moment later, Jin joins the duo by sitting on the other side of Jimin on the couch. He hands Jimin a mug and a glance down shows Jimin that it’s hot chocolate. Jin hands another mug to Namjoon and he thanks him wordlessly with a nod of his head.

 

Neither one of them say anything for a short while. They sip their mugs in silence, the only sounds coming from them are sighs and drawn out sips of their hot chocolate. Jimin half expects one of them to ask him if he’s okay again or tell him that ‘Yoongi’s strong, he’ll get through this’ but instead Jin just pushes their shoulders together so that they all are sat squished in between each other, as if trying to gain warmth from each others bodies.

 

“Thank you for somehow convincing him to go to the hospital,” Jin says finally. Jimin had expected Jin or Namjoon to say something, but he hadn’t been expecting that at all.

 

“He’s just so stubborn,” Namjoon huffs, “I’m sure that if it would have been me or anyone else trying to convince him to go to the doctors, he would’ve straight up said ‘hell no’ right to our face.”

 

“He can’t be that stubborn,” Jimin murmurs.

 

“One time he got the flu: was vomiting on and off all day and everything, but we had a mini showcase that night. It really wasn’t a big deal. We only performed like three songs. He could have missed it, but he insisted on performing,” Namjoon starts and Jin picks up the rest of the tale.

 

“He made it through the performance just fine but as soon as we got off the stage, he threw up yet again in a nearby trash can and almost passed out from exhaustion. We all tried to get him to not go on stage, even the manager tried to talk him out of it, but he absolutely refused to listen to any of us,” Jin concludes the tale.

 

“The fact that you managed to get him to not perform, let alone go to the hospital, is an absolute miracle,” Namjoon says, “if you weren’t there, he probably would have gone on stage and his appendix might’ve burst from over-exertion and he could have died.”

 

Jimin lets this all sink in. Was Yoongi really that stubborn? Would he really have refused to listen to anyone else? Sure, he was a bit hesitant to go to the doctors, but a bit of persuading brought him around easily...but this wasn’t normal, according to Namjoon and Jin. The thought of Yoongi going on stage, his face pale, sweat dripping unhealthily off his face, clutching his stomach in pain while he tried to power through the dances...it was enough to make Jimin want throw up.

 

“So thank you,” Jin finally says again, “you saved his life.”

 

“But we don’t know if he is really ok,” Jimin bursts out suddenly, “just because he got out of surgery doesn’t mean he isn’t still at risk. Something could happen still, he could--”

 

Jin cuts him off by wrapping his arms around Jimin’s shoulders and drawing him in close to his chest. Jimin was surprised at first but then he finds himself leaning into the touch, resting his head on Jin’s shoulder. Namjoon, on his other side, lays his head on Jimin’s other shoulder and for a few moments they stay like this.

 

A thought pops into Jimin’s mind, and he can’t help but giggle.

 

“What’s so funny?” Namjoon asks.

 

“I was just thinking about how similar you guys are to the Jin and Namjoon hyung from my home. Jin...you know you’re gifted just like me, right? You can read auras. It’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen and if I’m being totally honest, it scares me how well you can read me.”

 

Jin shifts slightly, a disbelieving chuckle escaping his lips, “Are you serious?”

 

Jimin nods, his hair making a scratchy sound on Jin’s shoulder.

 

“Other you told me that he came from a long line of people who possessed gifts. He called them the Bestowed,” Jimin yawns. In the silence neither of his two companions say anything, they were just listening intently, so Jimin continues on, “Apparently, I’m Bestowed as well. That’s why I can travel between two realities.”

 

Jin makes a tutting noise, “Ah, did you ever find out if this is real? Even if it’s an alternate reality...is it real?”

 

Jimin nods his head tiredly, the fatigue hitting him now that he was a bit more relaxed.

 

“This is real,” Jimin mewls, his high pitched voice starting to become slurs, “it’s all real, Jin. My parents are alive here. I’m doing something with my life here and...and I have friends here.”

 

“But you have us back at home too, you said,” Namjoon says suddenly, “if were so similar, how come you aren’t friends with us back home?”

 

Jimin stops. He honestly didn’t think about that. He had been so preoccupied with shutting the world out, that he didn’t realize that he had good things back at home too. Maybe….maybe he could actually be friends with everybody when he got back home.

 

“I don’t know,” Jimin whispers, “I guess I just couldn’t handle living in that world. A world where my family was gone and I had nobody and nothing to live for. It’s different here. I feel like a new person, I feel like…..like I was given a second chance.”

 

Neither of the two older boys could disagree with that. It was true, Jimin was given a second chance here. A new life to try on for size. Maybe he would find that he liked this life better, yet that didn’t stop him from traveling home every time he fell asleep. What was the use of only living in this world when he spent half his time in his other world too?

 

“If you lived in my world...” Jimin starts, his voice barely making a sound. The lights have all dimmed and the trio of boys sitting on the couch are all starting to drift off. Nobody is making a sound other than the sounds of their conjoined breathing.

 

“...would you want to be friends with me?”

 

It comes out more vulnerable than Jimin had intended but he finds that the answer is extremely important to him. He does want friends. He wants to be friends with the caring, almost mother like Jin from this realm and the aura reading Bestowed Jin from his own realm. He wants to be friends with the philosophical leader Namjoon from this realm and the strong Namjoon from his world who stuck up for him and helped him out at school. Jimin wants to be friends with the strange and funny Taehyung from both realms. He wants to be friends with Jungkook, the boy who helped him out at the subway station and the one who put his all into teaching him the dances and songs. He wants to be friends with Hoseok, the one who didn’t exist in his world at first but suddenly came to be known as a friend of Yoongi’s.

 

Yoongi. Jimin wanted to be friends with Yoongi a lot. He had gotten to know so much about Yoongi in such a short amount of time. Both Yoongi’s were curious creatures in Jimin’s eyes. So alike to each other. Thinking of Yoongi made Jimin worried all over again.  He really hoped the younger was doing alright in the hospital.

 

“Of course we would be friends with you....” Jin yawns, “who wouldn’t?”

 

The question is rhetorical as they all had pretty much slumped and drifted off. Namjoon was out like a light and Jimin could feel himself losing consciousness. Jimin doesn’t know when it happens but he eventually falls asleep sandwiched between two of his sleeping hyungs.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Just curious: how many of you predicted what was going to happen in this chapter? I put the date in there as a hint but I wasn't sure if people were gonna know what was going to happen by the date. If you did, props to you, because that takes some serious dedication to remember random dates of events like that. Poor Yoongi...I've always been really curious as to what the guys reactions (especially Jimin's) reaction was to Yoongi having appendicitis. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and be sure to tell me what you thought! Also, constructive criticism is always welcome and appreciated.