I Don't Want To Be An Idol

Alternate

A/N: Credit for the title of the chapter goes to the song I Don't Want To Be An Idol by VIXX

 

 

Chapter Six:

 

Jimin had somehow managed to get himself ready for school within the hour he had woken up. He washed his face and put on his rich private school uniform. He had tried his best to wash the red blotches off his skin that he had gotten from crying so hard, but they weren’t coming out.

 

He had to admit it. He looked terrible.

 

He ignored every attempt his aunt made to talk to him that morning, instead just grabbing his backpack and heading out to school. He didn’t know how he felt about going back to school and seeing everyone from his dream. Well...not everyone.

 

He would most likely see Jungkook and Taehyung in class. He might see Jin and his suspicious eyes as he walked with Namjoon. He might see Yoongi around, but he would not talk to him. Yoongi didn’t know him at all. Not like he did in his dream. And Hoseok. Well, Jimin would obviously not see him. He was a figment of Jimin’s imagination.

 

He trudged into school and made his way to his homeroom class. He was early. No one else was in class yet and for this Jimin was relieved. He laid his head down on his crossed arms on his desk. He knew he wouldn’t sleep but just closing his eyes and trying to block out everything made him feel better.

 

He didn’t want to think about his dream. It had been so real and after the initial shock had worn off, Jimin had actually found himself enjoying everyone’s company. They seemed so close, all of them. They all looked out and cared for him as if Jimin was their brother. Even though that brotherly love wasn’t supposed to go to him, but to the other Jimin, it still made him feel good, like someone cared for him. The guys in reality were nice, but they didn’t know him that well, and they sure as hell didn’t love him like a brother. None of that was real.

 

His parents were still dead. His younger brother was still dead. And he was still the one who got them killed. He was still alone and miserable.

 

There was a pounding behind Jimin’s eyelids. A headache was forming and Jimin knew that it was a combination of stress and dehydration. He hadn’t had a chance to eat or drink anything since he had broke down this morning.

 

Jimin could feel the tears stinging at his eyes but he didn’t want to cry anymore. He felt so drained. He was so preoccupied with trying not to cry that he didn’t notice that several other people had entered the classroom.

 

“Jimin?” a familiar voice called out. Jimin’s head snaps up and he sees Jungkook and Taehyung standing in front of him.

 

“Hey, are you ok?” Taehyung asks him, “Your eyes look really bloodshot.”

 

Jimin brings a hand up to his face and feels the heat accumulating behind his cheeks. He can also feel a bit of dampness but he quickly gets rid of the evidence.

 

“Huh?” Jimin breathes, “Oh, I’m fine. Just tired.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jungkook tries to ask further but Jimin just nods his head and says he’s fine again. Neither Taehyung nor Jungkook question him further and Jimin is thankful that they took the hint. Slowly people start to file into the classroom and within the next ten minutes, everyone is in class and the teacher is at the front and starting the lecture.

 

Jimin doesn’t pay attention at all. He can feel Jungkook’s eyes on him, but he tries to ignore it. He didn’t want to explain to the younger that he had a dream about him--about all of them--and that he was going through withdrawal right now. How could he possibly explain that? ‘Hey Jungkook, I had a dream about you and your friends where we were all part of a band and we were all really close but it was all fake so now I’m depressed’? Hell no, he wasn’t going to do that.


 

At lunch, Jungkook and Taehyung once again invited him to eat lunch with them and everyone else from yesterday. Jimin declined. He didn’t feel like trying to socialize today when all he wanted to do was crawl into bed and shut the entire world out.

 

They were disappointed but Jimin tried not to let their hurt expressions get to him. It wasn’t working and he could feel his resolve slipping so he quickly excused himself and decided to go walk around the school.

 

He had yet to really get to know this school at all, and if he was being honest, he didn’t really want to. But if he was going to be here for the next four years, he should probably know his way around. The place was like a goddamn mansion and Jimin didn’t know if he was irritated or mesmerized by that.

 

He walked all around the first and second floor. The first floor was where the cafeteria and all the other school amenities were and the second and third floor had all the classrooms for all the first years. The fourth and fifth floor were for second years. The sixth floor was for juniors and the seventh and eighth floor were for seniors. His homeroom class was on the sixth floor and Jimin had yet to see what was on the higher levels.

 

To his surprise there weren’t actually that many classrooms on the seventh floor. There were several at the start of the hall but as he walked further down, he saw a large set of double doors and several others.

 

Jimin opened the first set of doors and came face to face with the library. That made sense. Every school needed a library, but this one just happened to be on the seventh floor. Jimin had gone in and walked around. He found several secluded areas inside where he would be sure to go when he wanted to be alone, which was sure to be often.

 

He left the library soon after and decided to look into the other rooms. He heard music coming from one of the rooms--piano. It was a beautiful classical piece. Jimin decided that he would leave whoever was inside to himself. Jimin instead walked to the other side of the hall towards the other rooms. He wondered if those were also music rooms.

 

He opened the door and walked inside. It was a large dance studio room, complete with a mirror as the wall. As Jimin walked further in, he failed to notice that there was someone already in there. Spotting the figure, Jimin jolted and leaped behind a large pillar that was right next to the door, hoping whoever it was didn't see him.

 

The person in the room didn’t seem to notice him. Jimin tried to think quick and find a way out of the room before the person noticed but there weren't any discreet ways to get out. Chancing a glance in the mirror at the person, Jimin’s breath caught in his throat.

 

It was Yoongi.

 

His hair was back to neon orange, although most of it was covered with a black beanie again. His ears were pierced again but he wasn’t wearing the school uniform. He wore black jeans and sneakers with a large hoodie on top.  He looked the same yet vastly different from the Yoongi he had grown to know in his dream.

 

It was surreal seeing Yoongi again. It seemed like just a few minutes ago that Jimin was getting closer to the older boy. Listening to the songs that he had written and produced. But none of that actually happened. The only thing the two had between them was ‘Nice Jordans’.

 

When Jimin had entered the room on accident, Yoongi had been fiddling with the speaker control panel, hooking it up to his laptop and typing away on it. Now, he was standing in front of the mirror, gazing intently at reflection. He mumbles something that Jimin can’t really hear. Then the music starts to play.

 

“Yeah….my name is….”

 

“Suga!”

 

The beat drops and Yoongi is bouncing from one foot to the other, throwing his hands out in various gestures. He brings his hand up to his mouth, in a fist, and uses it as a faux microphone. He starts to rap and Jimin is floored. He’d heard Yoongi rap in his dream when he watched the music videos of their supposed band, but this was something else entirely. He went hard, charisma and power flowing out of him like water.

 

“Every day I go to bed at sunrise and I’m almost out like a light,

but I’m hit with inspiration and I head straight to the studio…”

 

Jimin listens intently. If he didn’t know any better, he would say these lyrics are almost similar to the stuff the Yoongi from his dream had written.

 

“Even if you tear me down and rip me to shreds

I don’t give a . That’s right, I don’t give a .

I, I, I am out of me.

I go crazy on the sha-sha-sharp beat

and forget that I’m an idol”

 

What was this song? Jimin had never heard it before in his life. Was it original? If it was original, why was Yoongi talking about being an idol? Jimin was so confused at the moment, but even more than that, he was blown away by the raw talent Yoongi possessed. Jimin guessed it didn’t matter whether it was in his dream or in real life, Yoongi was a skilled rapper.

 

Wait a minute.

 

Had he predicted this? What were the odds that Jimin had dreamed that Yoongi was a rapper and then the next day, he stumbled upon Yoongi rapping? What was the name that Yoongi had called himself? Suga? That was the same stage name that Yoongi used as part of BTS in his dream.

 

What in the hell was happening? None of this was making sense. How did he know all of this? That was supposed to have been a dream, for crying out loud!

 

As soon as Yoongi had started, he finished. He was no longer rapping, or standing in front of the mirror. He was breathing hard with his back towards the window and his front facing towards where Jimin was currently hiding behind the pillar.

 

Jimin froze. Did he know he was here? He hadn’t made a sound.

 

“You can come out now, kid.”

 

! He did know Jimin was here. There was no use in hiding anymore. He cautiously steps out from behind the pillar.

 

“Uh…” Jimin rubs the back of his neck, “how long did you know I was there?”

 

“I saw you come in,” Yoongi states bluntly. Jimin’s eyes widen slightly. He saw Jimin come in but he still continued to perform as if he wasn’t there? Why had he done that?

 

“You did?” Jimin asks and Yoongi smirks, giving a slight nod as his answer.

 

“Why did you continue to perform then?” Jimin asks, honestly not understanding. If the situation had been reversed, Jimin wouldn’t have gone on to showcase his dance had he known someone was watching him.

 

“I wanted some feedback,” Yoongi says simply, “and I thought you might have a good ear.”

 

“Me?” Jimin can’t help but repeat incredulously.

 

“Yeah, you,” Yoongi repeats, “after all, it is the most difficult to look objectively at your own work, right?”

 

“Yeah, that’s true,” Jimin agrees, feeling a sense of deja vu but not being able to place his finger on it.

 

“So what did you think?” Yoongi asks.

 

Jimin glances at the ground, trying hard to come up with some form of critique. He racks his brain.

 

“Well, because the song is mainly rapping and not really any vocals, I don’t have much to critique. Except maybe, just that. Add a bit of vocals.”

 

“I don’t have anyone to sing--”

 

“No, no,” Jimin cuts him off, “Not get another singer or add a vocal part to the song. Just use your voice slightly. When you rap ‘Ssanggwon obseo’ you can modify it so that the last note is sung slightly. I think it’ll add a dynamic aspect to the song. It’s not even like you’re actually singing, just one note.”

 

“Like this?” Yoongi tries out Jimin’s suggestion. It’s a bit rough, but Jimin knows what he can do.

 

“I’ve got it,” Jimin snaps his fingers, “you’re really good with production, hyung, so you can modify it on the computer, then when you perform it live the back track will do most of the work, and you just have to raise your voice slightly.”

 

Yoongi looks at him with surprise.

 

“How did you know I produce?” he asks all of a sudden.

 

“What?”

 

“How did you know that I produced this song and that I perform live?” Yoongi asks, narrowing his eyes into slits, “and you called me ‘hyung’.”

 

Jimin’s eyes widen and he mentally slaps himself in the face. Why did he let himself get so carried away. For a moment, he completely forgot he was talking to the real Yoongi and not the one from his dream. He didn’t know this Yoongi that well. Not enough to know about his productions and certainly not enough to call him hyung.

 

“Um….” Jimin can’t seem to find any excuse. He has absolutely no idea what to say to explain this.

 

Yoongi’s face goes blank, and his gaze goes slack. He’s staring at Jimin right in the eyes, searching for something. He looks extremely concentrated, eyes unblinking and pupils blown wide. Even when Jimin continues to not say anything, Yoongi doesn’t say anything either. Yoongi’s eyes continue to be void of everything, until after a few moments, he snaps back to life.

 

He blinks rapidly and takes a step back.

 

“Are you ok?” Jimin asks, “you completely spaced out for a moment there.”

 

“I did?” Yoongi asks, sudden worry in his voice.

 

“Yeah, you did.”

 

“Uh…”Yoongi scrambles to say something. It was a complete reversal of the situation they were in just a second ago. One moment, Yoongi was questioning how Jimin knew things he shouldn’t know and then all the life drains out of Yoongi for a long moment before he comes back to life. It was like Yoongi wasn’t there anymore. His body was there but he had completely checked out, gone somewhere else.

 

Yoongi turns around and runs to the other side of the room and grabs his bag. He quickly unplugs his computer and shoves it into his bag. He pushes the rest of his stuff into his bag and slings it across his shoulder.

 

“Uh, I have to go,” Yoongi says suddenly. Jimin stands in utter shock. What was evening going on? Why was Yoongi leaving all of a sudden? Where had the older checked out to that scared him so much that he had to leave?

 

“Huh? But--?” Jimin tries to say but Yoongi is already speeding out of the room. He’s already halfway out the door when he stops.

 

“Um…” he starts awkwardly, “thank you for the input on my song. I needed it.”

 

And with that the orange haired man is gone, leaving a dazed Jimin behind.


 

**********

 

Jimin is still racking his mind, going over everything he and Yoongi had talked about. The older was so similar to the one in his dream. But that shouldn’t be. He literally knew the least about Yoongi from his world, but he had dreamed the most accurately about him. It could be argued that he knew more about Jungkook, Taehyung and Namjoon and yet they had been different in his dream as well. And the dream version of Jin was completely different from the real Jin.

 

How was it that some things about his ‘dream’ seemed real yet so much of it was proving to be impossible? Jimin had truly believed that he had gone to a different dimension but then he had woken up back in his room, the very next morning. It had to have been a dream. Right?

 

Jimin honestly didn’t know at this moment. After lunch, he had gone back to his classes, but he didn’t talk to Taehyung or Jungkook throughout the rest of the day because they didn’t share the same classes. He hadn’t run into Namjoon or Jin throughout the whole day either, and he was relieved.

 

Jimin had nearly gone through the whole day without causing any more problems. He hadn’t seen Yoongi the rest of the day either and he had actually been slightly disappointed. Jimin was going to walk home, quickly scurrying out of school at the fastest pace he could go. He had almost made it out of school, turning the corner to the side of the school that not many students took to leave. Most students use the underground garage to meet their chauffeurs but Jimin walked home so he never saw anyone when he was walking home.

 

Jimin didn't really want to go home either. He knew that if he went home, his aunt would assault him with annoying questions, so instead Jimin decides to go somewhere else.

 

Right now all he could think about was whether the world in his dream was real or if it was really fake.

 

A twig snaps behind him and Jimin whirls around. There's no one there. Jimin surveys his surroundings but there was no one in sight. He must have imagined it. It wouldn't be the only thing Jimin was imagining as of late.

 

Suddenly, Jimin knew where he wanted to go. The dorm. That was a perfect way to see if what he had dreamed was real or not. If the dorm was really there, then there is no way he could've just dreamt it.

 

Jimin wasn't exactly sure where the dorm was but he knew it was close to the entertainment building. BigHit was an actual company, that much he knew, so after a quick google search and a short subway ride, Jimin found himself in front of BigHit Entertainment.

 

From here, Jimin remembered the dorm was around the block. As he rounds the corner, he finds the apartment building easily. It's exactly the same as in his dream and Jimin was starting to get creeped out. Everything was becoming too eerily similar. Not to mention he was starting to feel like someone was watching him, following him.

 

After a few moments, Jimin manages to psych himself up to actually go into the apartment building. It wouldn't necessarily prove anything, but maybe seeing their actual dorm might give him some clues. He stands in front of the door and hovers a hand above the frame, positioned to knock.

 

Jimin brings his fist down and knocks before he can chicken out. There is the sound of some yelling from behind the door. Jimin immediately regrets coming here. He would just tell whoever it was that he had gotten the wrong apartment.

 

Jimin isn't prepared for who answers the door. He comes face to face with someone he had only met in his dreams.

 

The man who looks just like Hoseok stands there, staring at him with a confused and disappointed face.

 

"You're not the pizza," Hoseok grumbles.

 

All Jimin can do is stare. This was the same guy from his dream. It was him. He was real. There was no way that was a dream. Jimin had never seen Hoseok in this world so there is no way Jimin could have imagined up an actual person. Jimin's head was spinning and Hoseok continued to stare at him, like he expected him to say something.

 

"Yah! Jung Hoseok hurry up and get the pizza! We need to re record your part," another familiar voice shouts from inside the apartment.

 

Jimin freezes, terror striking through him. Oh no. This isn't happening. Please tell me that isn't who I think it is, Jimin thinks.

 

"Yah, you brat, what's taking so long--" Yoongi stops when he comes to the door and spots Jimin standing there with a frozen look of fear on his face.

 

"You."

 

A/N: The song Yoongi sings is one of his solo songs called SUGA 싸이하누월. I highly suggest you listen to it. It's bomb.