No Longer Will I Carry This Weighted Mask

Alternate

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this took so long. I was actually writing a few other stories and I also wrote the next chapter of this story as well. I think I might shave this down to twenty nine chapters. But then we have the taekook one shot too. Credit for the title of the song goes to the song No Longer by Decyfer Down.

Note: Bold italics is BTS Jimin speaking INSIDE Bestowed Jimin's head. Regular italics are Jimin's own thoughts.

 

Enjoy!

 

Chapter Twenty Six:

 

“Wait, how long has it been?!” Jimin asks, spitting out the cereal he had in his mouth. The whole of Bangtan had been sitting at the table around him when they stated how it had only been a week since he had been here.

 

“I can’t believe what Jin suggested worked,” Jimin said to himself, shaking his head in absolute wonder. He had taken the elder’s advice and before he went to sleep he concentrated as hard as he could on how far he wanted to jump into Bangtan’s future. And it had worked! He had focused on a week. Just one week into the future and then when he went to sleep and he woke up, he wasn’t sure exactly how far he had jumped.

 

In hindsight, he probably shouldn’t have asked right when he was taking a bite of cereal. He could’ve spared himself the pain of having milk shoot out his nose.

 

Ow! his alter shouted in pain, you know I can still feel what happens to my body, right?

 

Jimin tittered at the other Jimin in his head.

 

Sorry ‘bout that! he apologized. The other Jimin murmured an ‘it’s fine’. It was strange having two versions of him in his head. They had quite similar thought patterns and one or the other was always quick to apologize whenever something happened that the other hadn’t meant to do.

 

It was a strange dynamic.

 

Since the others had come to know that there were two of Jimin in his head, they had had trouble when trying to communicate with both of them at the same time. Then they came up with the idea to call one of them Jimin and the other by a nickname of some sort.

 

Jimin never had nicknames where he was from. People just called him Jimin. But the other Jimin did. Apparently all his fans loved to call him ChimChim or Minnie. When asked which one he preferred, he chose Minnie, stating it was easier to distinguish.

 

So whenever a member of bangtan wanted to address the Jimin in his head, they called out ‘ChimChim’ and whenever they wanted to address him, the Jimin from the alternate world, they simply said his name. It had gotten to the point where Jimin had gotten used to it, even calling the other Jimin ChimChim in his head.

 

In a way, it worked out. Jimin was no longer stealing ChimChim’s body and ChimChim was no longer trapped back inside his unconscious body in his home reality. It was a win-win for everybody.

 

Bangtan had taken to themselves to start learning the dance for Danger. It was difficult and fast and the choreography was intense, but Jimin had secretly been the one who had helped come up with the choreography along with Hoseok, so it didn’t actually take him that much time to learn it at all.

 

After a particularly hard round of practice, the guys had dispersed for the rest of the day. The got to have a bit of a break before they had to go off and work later that night. Namjoon and Yoongi, of course, took that time to go to their studio to work on their songs. Hoseok tagged along as the three of them were focusing particularly hard on the rap to one particular song.

 

Jungkook had stated he was gonna head to the gym and Jin had told them he was gonna try to fit a nap in before all the schedules started. That left Taehyung and Jimin alone.

 

Speaking of said currently dirty blonde male, he came bounding up to Jimin, wrapping an arm over his shoulder and drawing him into his side playfully.

 

“Hey, you wanna sneak off?” Taehyung suggests mischievously, bending to speak quietly to him.

 

Jimin scoffs, turning to Taehyung, “I didn’t know you were so devious…”

 

Taehyung gives him an offended incredulous look, “How dare you? I am the most devious llama on this side of the snickers way!”

 

There’s the TaeTae I know, ChimChim says fondly in his head, always saying the most stupidest yet completely genius things.

 

Jimin laughs at this. Taehyung and Jimin must be really good friends. Jimin had seen just how much Taehyung had invested into helping him with his brother and with his dealings having been stuck in this world. Taehyung was a loyal person who strongly cared for his friends and would do anything for them.

 

ChimChim smiles in his head, Tae’s my best friend in the whole world.

 

Jimin can’t help but smile at this. He envied the relationship these two had. Who knows...maybe he could grow to become as close with Taehyung too, both in this world and his own.

 

“Okay, Tae,” Jimin complies with a smile on his face, “Where do you want to sneak off to?”

 

Taehyung smiles widely, partially jumping up onto Jimin’s side with excitement. Jimin had to act quickly in order to catch him.

 

“Let’s go get some ramen and go to a PC bang!” Taehyung giggles, shuffling his fingers and pressing the tips to one another as if he was plotting the perfect plan to rob a bank. The two had started to walk off, out of the practice room and down the steps that lead to the front entrance.

 

Of course he would, ChimChim says sarcastically in his head. Jimin could almost see him rolling his eyes if he could.

 

Jimin sighs exasperatedly, “Alright...let’s go get fat.”

 

Taehyung stops, whipping Jimin around to face him, an uncharacteristically serious expression on his face all of a sudden.

 

“Jimin-ah, ChimChim…” Whoa, okay..Taehyung was addressing both of them now, “I meant it, health is most important. Don’t skip meals, health is most important.”

 

Jeez, Tae, why so serious? ChimChim comments. Jimin chuckles awkwardly. “I was just kidding, Tae. Let’s just go eat.”

 

Taehyung seems satisfied with the answer and together they headed off in the direction of the nearest convenience store which was actually just right around the corner because convenience stores were seriously everywhere in this country.

 

Taehyung picked out an extra spicy ramen and Jimin picked out the kind he usually got. They paid for their food and went to go prepare it. It was only a short amount of time later that the food was ready and they went and sat at the bar by the window, eating their ramen in peace.

 

“Man, it’s been a really long time since I’ve eaten ramen,” Jimin comments.

 

“I know, right?” Taehyung grunts through a large gulp of his food, “I hate these diets were on. Pizza and ramen are essential food groups. How are humans supposed to survive if they don’t eat an adequate amount of pizza and ramen every day?”

 

Jimin chuckles. “You got a point there.”

 

“Of course I do,” Taehyung replies, “I always have a point….It might not always be sharp but it’s a point!”

 

Jimin chokes on his noodles at the unexpected chortle that burst from his mouth.

 

Oh my god, Jimin thinks, who even thinks stuff up like this on the spot?

 

TaeTae does, ChimChim responds, his voice sounding proud and warm.

 

Jimin cleans himself up, wiping his chin as Taehyung laughed, throwing his head back after seeing Jimin’s reaction.

 

“Have I mentioned that I really like having you visit?” Taehyung asks, then changes his tone so that they both knew he was talking to ChimChim in his head too, “Don’t get me wrong, ChimChim, I love you more than I love the Badger Song, but you don’t laugh at my jokes anymore! The new Jimin here always laughs! His reactions are the best!”

 

Boy! You are lucky I don’t have control over my body right now or I would smack you upside the head! ChimChim snides.

 

“ChimChim wants me to smack you upside the head,” Jimin tells Taehyung, who looks scandalized.

 

“And here I thought he was my best friend!” Taehyung says with a fake upset look, “That’s it! Jungkook is my new best friend! My new one and only! My new person after my heart!”

 

Jimin chuckles lowly, whispering offhandedly, “Not like he wasn’t before…”

 

“Well excuse me,” Taehyung points out, “At least I haven’t been thirsting after Yoongi’s practically since you two met!”

 

Jimin doesn’t know why but suddenly he feels his breath catch in his throat. He was seized with a scary thought. Was he...that obvious? Oh god...could Yoongi tell? Could everybody tell? Oh god, oh god, oh god…

 

ChimChim was uncharacteristically quiet in his head. His incessant chattering and flow of commentary about everything stopping.

 

“Whoa, hey, Jimin, relax,” Taehyung says, turning serious again, “It was just a jibe. I didn’t really mean it…”

 

Taehyung looked apologetic. Jimin didn’t want him to feel that way but he was still internally in a state of complete shock.

 

Jimin looks at Taehyung with a guilty yet conceding look, “Is it...really that obvious…?”

 

Taehyung looks at him, surprise and disbelief obvious on his face like he hadn’t expected Jimin to admit to it.

 

“Uh…” Taehyung gulps, putting down his chopsticks, “To be honest…”

 

Jimin braces himself.

 

His face looked uncharacteristically timid. Taehyung only got like this when he was feeling particularly crummy about something. Then he admits shyly, “It’s obvious to me but only because I guess...I kinda...know the feeling.”

 

Wait...what?

 

If a record could scratch in that moment, it would.

 

Jimin sat on his stool, trying to process this information. Taehyung….knew the feeling? But...how? Who did Taehyung have feelings for? Jimin had never seen him hanging around anyone outside of the group, so the only explanation had to be…

 

“No...way…” Jimin breathes in shock, his mouth slowly widening with realization.

 

Jungkook. ChimChim says suddenly, finally deciding to make a reappearance in his head, how the hell did I not see this?

 

“But…” Jimin starts, “...how?...what even--...when even? I mean I had kinda seen something but I seriously thought I was just seeing things so how--?”

 

Taehyung scrunches his face together, shaking his head, “Look, I’m not supposed to be telling anybody any of this, I promised him--”

 

Excuse you, but I am your best friend, you are supposed to be telling me everything! ChimChim exclaims in his head.

 

“ChimChim’s demanding you explain everything now,” Jimin tells him, “He sounds kinda...hurt...but mostly just surprised.”

 

“I’m really sorry, guys,” Taehyung apologizes looking Jimin in the eyes, “It wasn’t that I didn’t want to tell you but Jungkook and I agreed not to tell anyone about anything that happened between us--”

 

“So something did happen between you two? Like already?” Jimin asks.

 

What the , Taehyung, how could you never tell me this before? ChimChim thinks.

 

Jimin shakes his head, “Why don’t you just explain everything that has happened from the beginning.”

 

Taehyung looks up with scared eyes, “Jimin, I was never supposed to tell anybody anything, already the secret between the both of us is hard enough to keep--”

 

“Taehyung,” Jimin looks at him seriously, “I would never tell your secret. I trust you, even though I obviously  don’t know you as well as ChimChim does. You’ve kept my secrets and you’ve helped me through a lot and I owe you a lot. How about this...I will tell you everything about me and Yoongi if you tell me what’s going on with you and Jungkook?”

 

“Shhhh!!!” Taehyung shuts him up with his hand, “Don’t say his name out loud! There are ears everywhere and anyone could easily overhear us!”

 

“Okay, I will just call him something else, okay? Same with Yoongi,” Jimin suggests, “What do you want to call them?”

 

“Cactus and Bunny,” Taehyung says automatically. Jimin coughs in surprise, rolling his eyes.

 

“Well, I can guess which one is which,” Jimin mumbles, “Tell me about you and Bunny first.”

 

Taehyung nods his head, taking in calming breathes, muttering something under his breath that sounded like ‘confidence, confidence’.

 

This...must really be hard for him, ChimChim thinks, I’ve only ever seen him get like this a few times before.

 

“Okay…Okay...so....Bunny and I were really close pre-debut as you probably know,” Taehyung starts. Jimin didn’t know, but he did know that Taehyung was not just explaining this to him for the first time but also to ChimChim who had known both of them predebut.

 

“And he kind of had a hard time opening up, even after we debuted so I really tried to be there for him and well...on both of our sides feelings were growing but I didn’t really realize until...he kissed me about a year and a half ago,” Taehyung admits slowly and hesitantly.

 

Holy , they kissed?! ChimChim screams in his head. Jimin’s mouth had dropped at this news as well. Taehyung looked embarrassed and shy.

 

“Look, okay, we both got really scared after that because we had just recently debuted and we couldn’t risk letting this get out because we just got what we both had been working for for years! You know how much this band means to both of us! So, we agreed to forget about it and not tell anyone but then it happened again and--”

 

“It happened again?!” Jimin gasps, “Oh my god, when?”

 

Taehyung starts to fidget uncomfortably, “When...we were in America.”

 

Jimin stares at him with his mouth open, “I can’t believe this is happening in this universe too. I was sure for the longest time that it was just the two of you from my universe…”

 

“No, but you don’t understand Jimin, we...we both agreed that we couldn’t do this. We can’t…” Taehyung says sadly, looking down at his feet, “...it’s too much of a risk for the entire group if we see each other. So we just agreed to be friends.”

 

Oh god, Tae….ChimChim says with sympathy.

 

Jimin puts a hand on his, “I’m sorry.”

 

Taehyung nods, “I don’t really know how he feels about all of this, you know, cause he’s pretty good at hiding his feelings. But who knows….maybe someday in the future when we all have a bit more freedom…”

 

“I think that’s bull,” Jimin finds himself blurting without thinking.

 

“What?” Taehyung looks at him with shock.

 

“I mean…” Jimin looks side to side. What did he mean? “I mean...I’ve seen you and Bunny back home and you guys...you guys are just meant to be. You can’t just let something miniscule like fear stop you.”

 

“It’s not that easy,” Taehyung tries to reason, “The hyungs are going to get so mad, I already know it. They’re gonna say we are jeopardizing the group or that--”

 

No, Tae, the hyungs aren’t like that, ChimChim argues.

 

“Let me ask you something,” Jimin says, “Are you okay with being with Bunny in secret? Like, if you two couldn’t go out on any dates or show too much affection in public...would you be okay?”

 

Taehyung seems to zone off, looking into the distance, probably lost in thought and considering what Jimin was asking him to imagine.

 

Then he purses his lips and nods, his eyes shining.

 

“Yeah,” he says with his hands clasped, “I wouldn’t mind it at all. As long as I could be with him in some way.”

 

“Of course this will be dangerous, Tae, but the hyungs will be okay with it. They’re not the type of people to shun you for that. And it’s not like you can’t show affection for him in public at all! There’s still fanservice! You could be as huggy and clingy with each other as you want, you just can’t like kiss on stage or something. I mean, that shouldn’t be too hard, right?”

 

You’ve got a good point there, ChimChim tells him with a smile.

 

Taehyung is smiling now. His face looking like it gained a little bit of hope. The boy smiles shyly for a good while, eating a choco pie he had also bought for himself. Jimin’s heart warmed seeing Taehyung like this, like a pressure was lifted off him. Jimin wished he could feel that way.

 

“So….” Taehyung looks at him mischievously, “tell me about Cactus.”

 

. ChimChim warns, Tread carefully.

 

“Uh…” Jimin says unsure, “What do you want to know?”

 

Taehyung smiles brightly, “Do you like him?”

 

Why are you so blunt? ChimChim says, I thought Yoongi was supposed to be the blunt one.

 

“Uh...I…”Jimin stutters, “It’s...complicated.”

 

“Because you’re not sure which Cactus you have feelings for? Or because you do know and it’s driving you insane being trapped between two sets of what seem like the same person?” Taehyung asks. How the hell did Taehyung know these things? Jimin hadn’t said anything to anybody about any of this.

 

Taehyung’s extremely perceptive, ChimChim tells him, He’s probably figured for a while.

 

“I...I…”Jimin couldn’t find the words to say in return to Taehyung. He didn’t know how to answer the question.

 

“He kissed me,” Jimin ends up blurting on accident. ! He hadn’t meant to say that out loud.

 

Taehyung, unluckily, had been taking a sip of his juice and in his surprise, spit up half of it all over the table. He was a coughing mess for a good thirty seconds before he calmed down.

 

Yoongi….kissed you? ChimChim’s voice sounded strained in his head. Jimin needed to explain right away.

 

“What?!” Taehyung exclaimed, “Cactus kissed you? Wait! Which one?”

 

“The one from my universe,” Jimin admits.

 

Oh! ChimChim says, his voice perking up considerably. Jimin chose to ignore it for now.

 

“Do you think he likes you?” Taehyung asks, “I mean you don’t just kiss people unless you have feelings for them.”

 

Jimin shakes his head, “I don’t know... I mean he said that he had to be touching me so that he could use his powers more effectively on me.”

 

“He told you that he needed to be kissing you in order to use his powers?” Taehyung asks, skeptically.

 

“No! I mean, not like that! It was just--” Jimin tries to say.

 

“You said he just needed to be touching you right?” Jimin nods, “Then why couldn’t he have just...held you hand or something? Or placed his hand on your shoulder? Why’d he have to kiss you?”

 

“No, that’s not what I’m trying to say--” Jimin tries again.

 

“What are you trying to say?” Taehyung interrupts, “Cause it seems like you don’t know what you are trying to say at all.”

 

Jimin was struck dumb. Taehyung was right. He didn’t have anything to say in response.

 

Did that mean that Yoongi kissed him because...he had feelings for him?

 

“You know, you keep saying that everyone from this world is pretty similar to our counterparts in your universe…” Taehyung says, “That’s kind of got me thinking. You might not see it, Jimin, since you’re not here all the time but Yoo--I mean Cactus...he always gets this look on his face whenever he looks at you and...I don’t know how but I always get these strong vibes off him that he has some pretty strong feelings for you.”

 

Me or Jimin? ChimChim asks.

 

“Me or ChimChim?” Jimin asks.

 

Taehyung purses his lips, studying his face, “It’s hard to say. You are as much a part of ChimChim as he is of you, Jimin.”

 

Jimin nods.

 

“But considering the fact that Yoongi’s known our Jimin the longest and I see these looks he gives him more often when he’s with our Jimin, I would say that it is directed at him,” Taehyung says. Jimin felt like he should probably feel strange about this answer--but instead he felt...like he understood. Like this was what he knew all along.

 

You...you think that Yoongi really has feelings for me, Tae? ChimChim asks, his voice picking up a hopeful tone.

 

“He wants to know if you really think Cactus has feelings for him?” Jimin asks, his mouth moving on autopilot.

 

Taehyung nods his head, “And I’m pretty sure you do too, ChimChim. You can’t hide from me.”

 

Jimin looks down hard at the ground. What Taehyung was saying made sense but at the same time he was unsure about what to think regarding it.

 

“So what I’m saying is,” Taehyung starts, “If Cactus has strong feelings for the Jimin in this universe, wouldn’t it make sense if the Cactus from your universe had strong feelings for you?”

 

Wouldn’t it?

 

“And vice versa and so forth,” Taehyung chuckles, “The chicken or the egg, you know? No one knows who starts the chain. Maybe you two were just always meant to be, regardless of what world or reality you are from. You’re just Cactus and Minnie Mouse. A perfectly natural, normal thing.”

 

“Y-You really think so?” Jimin asks, still unsure of everything Taehyung was saying. Yoongi couldn’t really like him. Could he…?

 

“He wouldn’t have kissed you if he didn’t,” Taehyung says, “trust me. I can feel it.”

 

So that means my Yoongi...likes me too? ChimChim asks. Jimin didn’t know. It made sense. That must be why Yoongi was always on the lookout for Jimin, it was because he loved him. It didn’t matter to him if another Jimin was in his body, he just wanted him. The thought was enough to make Jimin believe it.

 

The pair decide that they didn’t have enough time to go to the PC bang. They ended up spending too much time talking at the convenience store. They knew their managers were going to get mad if they found out that they had left without permission.

 

Last time we snuck out we got in so much trouble, ChimChim reminisces.

 

They ended up walking back to the dorms with each other. As they were walking back, Taehyung asked Jimin to tell him all about the relationship he and Jungkook had in his realm. Jimin told him as much as he actually knew, which actually wasn’t much. He told him about how they were classmates and they didn’t really become friends until something happened to Taehyung’s father.

 

“Something happened to my father?” Taehyung asks, concern showing on his face. . Jimin remembers that Taehyung’s father was dead where he lived. He couldn’t tell the boy this.

 

Do NOT tell him that. He is so attached to his father, that’s gonna crush him even if it isn’t our world, ChimChim warned him.

 

“Ah, it was nothing really,” Jimin told him as the pair of them walk into the dorms. Most of the other guys were in the living room, having already gotten back from whatever it is they said they were going to do. Yoongi was sitting in the living room chair, scrolling through his phone. Jin had gone into the kitchen and was making himself some tea. Hoseok and Jungkook were talking about something together and Namjoon was at the counter to the kitchen, talking to Jin about something or other while he moved around the kitchen.

 

“Are you sure it’s nothing, because it didn’t sound--” Taehyung continued to prod but just then Jimin’s phone rang.

 

He motioned to Taehyung to wait a moment. The other guys acknowledged them with a glance and nod from Jungkook and Namjoon. Taehyung quieted down as Jimin pulled his phone out of his pocket, bypassing reading the caller ID altogether and just answering.

 

“Hello?” Jimin says.

 

“Jimin-ah,” a familiar voice says, one that previously Jimin had only ever heard with disdain and hatred for him.

 

H-hyung?

 

“Hyung?” Jimin asked in shock. Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing. Yoongi snapped his head up and looked at the pair of them dead on, a strange expression etched on his face.

 

“Jimin,” his brother took a deep breath in, “You need to come to the hospital. Right now.”

 

“The hospital--wuh..why?” Jimin’s voice picked up, becoming higher as a horrifying thought crossed his mind. His dad. Was his dad alright? Please don’t tell something happened.

 

“He had another heart attack,” his brother says, his voice stone cold.

 

Jimin’s heart dropped.

 

No, his counterpart said, his voice almost emotionless, this is not happening.

 

“The doctors are saying there is nothing they can do for him right now, his internal injuries are too severe and he’s at the age where even if they tried to operate it wouldn’t work for long,” his hyung says, “Eomma told me to call you because they’re not sure how long he is going to stay lucid and...he’s fading fast.”

 

Jimin didn’t realize his vision was flooding with tears until Yoongi was in front of him.

 

“Jimin, what’s going on?” Yoongi’s voice constricts.

 

“My Appa…” Jimin says slowly, his voice strangely calm, “...my hyung says it isn’t likely he’ll make it through the night.”

 

The rest of his friends were around him in an instant. Yoongi pulled away, his voice contorting like he was confused about something.

 

“He was moved to a hospital in Seoul a couple of days ago when they saw his conditioning worsening,” his brother informs him, giving him the address of the hospital. It was close. “You should get here as soon as possible--”

 

“Okay...okay, I’m coming,” Jimin says.

 

“Is your father okay?” Taehyung asks urgently. Jimin shakes his head.

 

We have to go to my Appa. Now!

 

“We have to go the hospital right now,” Jimin tells them, turning around and speeding out the door. Jin had apparently already gotten the manager on the phone and told them what was up. The boys ended up rushing downstairs to get a cab. They couldn’t all fit, so Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok ended up staying behind to grab the next cab. Jimin, Yoongi, Jungkook and Taehyung piled into the cab and told the driver the address and to step on it.

 

Getting there fast was difficult because traffic in Seoul was like that of a nightmare. Jimin was trembling in the car the whole time. Yoongi on his right and Taehyung on his left, grasped onto his hands and Taehyung whispered nothings into his ear trying to comfort him. Jimin didn’t know if it was working.

 

If he was being honest, he was numb. He had tears in his eyes but that just seemed to be the natural response. He could tell that everyone was worried and on standby just in case he had another panic attack but Jimin just felt...he didn’t know how he felt.

 

The Jimin in his head was making strangled worried noises that broke Jimin’s heart but there was nothing he could do except sympathize with the boy. He had lost his father too...and now this Jimin was losing his father in this world too. It was all coming back around and Jimin somehow felt like he saw this coming.

 

All that he knew when he got there was that he just had to see his father. He had to say his last goodbye’s, because this was going to be the last time. When they get to the hospital, they rush to information and find out that Jimin’s father was in the ICU ward on the ninth floor. The four made their way to the elevator quickly, pressing the button and waiting with tension in the air as the giant metal box ticked by each floor, one by one.

 

When they got to the ward, they only made it so far before a nurse stopped them.

 

“I’m sorry but only family is allowed past this point,” she told them. Jimin squeezed Yoongi’s hand on instinct. Said boy looked him in the eyes, drawing him forward placing his lips near Jimin’s ear.

 

“Jiminie,” Yoongi’s low voice said, “both of you. You can do this. I’ll be out here when you need me.”

 

Yoongi...Jimin whimpered in his head as Yoongi pulled away looking at him with so much concern and care. That was when Jimin realized that Taehyung really was telling the truth. Yoongi loved Jimin. He loved his version of Jimin….and where did that leave him? Well...he was strangely okay.

 

Appa…

 

“We’ll be here when you get out,” Taehyung told him sincerely. Jungkook gave him a quick hug, wishing him luck and telling him they were here for him.

 

Jimin walked numbly over to the area where the nurse had told him his father was. As he rounded the corner, Jimin spotted a familiar figure standing outside a room.

 

Hyung! Jimin called out in his head for his brother. Jimin remembered that this was actually the Jimin in his head’s first time seeing or talking to his brother since they had initially gotten into their fight all those years ago.

 

His hyung turned around, noticing his presence. His shoulders tense but Jimin notices he looks tired. Dead tired, with worry lines around his face and black bags under his eyes that gave evidence to the fact that the man probably wasn’t sleeping well.

 

Hyung…

 

“Hi, hyung,” Jimin said cautiously, “How is he?”

 

Jimin decided to cut straight to the chase. He didn’t know how his hyung would react should Jimin ask him about his own condition first like he wanted to. Any concern Jimin showed for his hyung would probably go unwanted and unappreciated.

 

Much to his surprise, his hyung didn’t seem at all hostile. Instead he looked sad. This was only natural since their father was dying...but it was strange since he had been so hostile towards Jimin all the other times they had met or spoken.

 

“He’s not doing well, Jimin” his hyung said as he face hung low, “he probably doesn’t have much time left.”

 

Jimin flinched. The other Jimin cursed in his head and it sounded like a sob. Jimin knew exactly how he felt. He understood the pain of losing his father...he understood the pain of losing his entire family. He knew how crippling the feeling was. As if someone was tearing apart your insides one by one as vultures circled around, waiting for the right time to swoop in and devour any sort of feeling you had left in your body. Jimin knew the feeling all too well.

 

Yet his voice was surprisingly still as he asked his hyung, “How’s Eomma?”

 

His hyung let out a sad sigh, “She’s not doing any better. Health wise she seems to be okay, but psychologically...she’s falling apart.”

 

My fault…

 

No, Jimin found him snapping in his head, This isn’t your fault. None of this is your fault. Sometimes things happen in life that we have no control over.

 

Doesn’t make it any less of my fault, the boy sighed. Let’s just go in.

 

Jimin told his brother that he was going inside. To his surprise, his hyung actually patted his shoulder in solidarity. A nonverbal sign stating that he understood Jimin’s pain and that he stood with him. Jimin wanted to be surprised at the man’s actions...but then he realized that loss--grief---did things to people. Changed them. Morphed them into people so different that who they were in the past was nothing but a memory. Up to this point, Jimin had believed that this was bad thing. That death and grief stole who you were as a person...but maybe...it just changed you and set you along a path to grow and learn.

 

Jimin steeled himself as he walked into the room. His mother was sitting there, her hands in his father’s hands. She was gently talking to him and his face.

 

Jimin heard a wet sob from inside his head.

 

“Eomma,” Jimin called out to her. She turned to look at him and when she caught his eyes, her fragile composure shattered. Her face crumpled as she walked up to him and buried her face in his chest.

 

Eomma! Jimin sobbed in his head. Eomma, I’m here! I’m here, Eomma….

 

“J-Jimin-ahhh” she wailed, her tears soaking into the front of his shirt as Jimin wrapped his arms around her, relishing in her warmth. He had to fight back his own tears. Seeing his mother snap triggered something in him. A spark of something he wasn’t able to put his finger on. A wish he couldn’t put a name to.

 

He couldn’t think about that right at the moment as he held his mother in his arms and continued to whisper to her his promises that he was here. He would be here for her.

 

“S...suh….son…” a strangled croak of a voice came. His mother pulled away, wiping her tears and dragging him forward by the hand. Jimin appreciated the help as he was finding it hard to take another step towards them on his own.

 

Appa, please! Jimin cried, Please don’t leave me, Appa. Please don’t.

 

“Appa…” Jimin’s voice was wet with unshed tears.

 

“J-Juh..Ji...min…” his father repeated himself. His mother placed Jimin in the chair that she had been sitting in previously when he had first come in.

 

“Sit here, baby,” his mother said, “Jihyo already said his goodbye’s and I...I got to as well…”

 

Eomma don’t say that! Jimin screamed so loudly in his head that Jimin outwardly flinched, He’s not gonna die! He’s not! He can’t!

 

“You are the only one who he hasn’t spoken with yet and…” his mother let out another shuddering sob, bringing up her hand to cover , “he doesn’t have much time left so I’m gonna step out for a moment and let you two talk.”

 

And that she did. She rushed out and Jimin just knew that she ran straight into his hyung’s arms. He was confident that his hyung would take care of her. So he turned back to his father.

 

“Appa…”Jimin croaked, the knot in his throat getting larger.

 

Appa, please...Jimin begged.

 

“My...s-son,” his father breathed out, “I just--” he coughed “-- wanted to t-tell you that I am...suh..so p-proud of you.”

 

The Jimin of this world sobbed louder in his head. So loud and so long that he almost couldn’t handle it. It felt like the day he found out his family was gone all over again.

 

“I’m so proud of all that--”he coughed again, “--you’ve become and that you will become…” his father whispered softly to him, “You will do so many great things in the future. I know it.”

 

I’m sorry, Appa! Jimin yells, I’m sorry I couldn’t help you.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t save you,” Jimin whispers, suddenly thinking of the night he lost his entire family. He thought about how much he wished he could have done something to save them, “I’m sorry everything is my fault.”

 

I’m sorry I wasn’t a better son to you, Appa, Jimin cries, I’m sorry I caused so many problems and broke this family apart.

 

All Jimin could think about was how eerily familiar this all felt to him. The crying, the long nights of hoping and praying that God would just take him too so that he could go back to his parents. So he could join them. He thought about how much he blamed himself for everything that had happened. He had been yelling, causing a fuss and messing with Jihyo.

 

“I’m sorry I fought so much with Jihyo,” Jimin continued to whisper to his father who just stared at with large sad eyes that Jimin knew he was trying hard to keep open, “I never meant for things to turn out this way...I never wanted to lose you all.”

 

Jimin sighed, the tears spilling over and running down the length of his nose, “I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for wishing I was I dead. I’m sorry for wishing I died along with you all. I’m sorry for not appreciating you when I had the chance. I’m sorry for wishing that the crash had taken me instead of you.”

 

Jimin was full on sobbing hard, scrunching his eyes shut in an attempt to not just let everything pour out like water he had trapped in his lungs that he had been drowning in for so long.

 

“I’m sorry for trying to live a life that wasn’t mine,” Jimin continued, all the pain that he had been suppressing this entire time slipping out and there was nothing he could do to stop it, “I’m sorry for taking away everyone’s chance to grow old and live. I thought that by seeing it happen here that I would feel better, but I didn’t. I just got greedy and envious and I wanted what wasn’t mine. I wanted what I couldn’t have. I messed with so many lives and I changed things I wasn’t supposed to and now I’m stealing your son’s last moments with you.”

 

He didn’t care that he probably sounded crazy to his father, he just had to let these feelings out. He had been bottling them up for such a long time. He had felt so terrible, so ing guilty all this time and he’d just pushed it all down. Let it all rot in his subconscious until it turned into mold that infected his bloodstream and spread like poisonous cancer throughout his entire body. And here he was, feeling the full effects of just how badly he felt for everything.

 

Jimin...Jimin calls to him lightly, his voice gentle in his head, I forgive you.

 

“My son…” his father calls to him, reaching out a shaky hand to place upon his own, “For anything that you’ve done...you can always receive forgiveness if you truly seek it.”

 

Jimin listened to him with open ears and a sad heart.

 

“I’ve done many things in my life I regret,” his father says slowly, “so has everyone. But what makes you who you are is not the mistakes you make or the people you hurt...it’s how you choose to react to those mistakes and how earnestly you try to make amends to those you have hurt.”

 

Jimin sniffles, grasping his father’s hands in his own, “What about if those people are gone? What if I can’t do anything to make amends? What if there is nothing more I can do for them because they are simply gone?”

 

Jimin needed to know. He had been so clueless, so blind for so long and he craved to know this knowledge. This more than anything.

 

“Sometimes the only thing you can do in life is learn to forgive yourself,” his father’s hoarse voice tells him, “Forgive yourself like I forgive you and love yourself like I love you. And then...everything will fall into place.”

 

His father was fading fast, his heart monitor beeping unsteadily. The nurses knew not to come in as there was no use keep his father resuscitated.

 

“Jimin-ah,” his father whispers and Jimin brings his face closer, “when someone leaves, there is nothing we can truly do to help them anymore. The only thing you can do is take care of the people around you and love them as much as you loved the ones who are gone.”

 

A-Appa, Jimin cried, sad tears hoping and praying that his father would stay.

 

“I love you, Jimin,” his father says, “I love you, my son and when I’m gone I want you to love yourself as much as you love the people around you. I want you to find that balance.”

 

I love you, Appa. I will always love you.

 

Jimin choked back a sob as he nodding his head, promising his father this. There was a knock at the door and his hyung and mother walk in. They stand behind Jimin’s chair and his brother puts his arm on his shoulder, squeezing it. His father turns to his mother and brother and tells them that he loves them will all his heart. They echo the sentiment with wet eyes and strained voices.

 

“I love you, Appa,” Jimin chokes.

 

“Jimin-ah,” his father says. Jimin looks into his eyes for the last time as the man says his final words.

 

“Everything in life is as it should be.”

 

And with that the pressure the man had on his hand slackens and his eyes fall shut, unable to stay open any longer. The heart monitor that had been unsteadily beeping the entire time beeps long and steady and loud as it flatlines.

 

Appa! Jimin sobs. Jimin gulps hard and squeezes his father’s lifeless land. He’d lost him again. He’d lost his father for a second time and in his head, Jimin was experiencing losing his one and only father for the first and last time.

 

His mother was in hysterics as she threw herself over his father’s lifeless body. His hyung was crying too as he tried to take her into his arms but she pushed him off, clinging to his father. Jimin couldn’t bear to see them like this. He never wanted to see this.

 

He never wanted to see the same pain he’d felt this whole time for losing them reflected in his mother and brother’s eyes right now.

 

Jimin stood up. He couldn’t take being inside this room any longer. He needed to be somewhere else. He steps out of the room and starts to walk down the hall when a hand snags his arm.

 

“Jimin!” his hyung calls out, stopping him. “Wait.”

 

Jimin turns back around, wiping the tears on his face.

 

I’m sorry, Hyung, Jimin apologizes, I never got to say that to you myself but I’m glad that you heard it from my mouth even though it wasn’t me.

 

“What?” he asks, a little too harshly, “There is only so many times I can say sorry to you before I finally get the picture that you won’t ever forgive me. It’s okay if you won’t forgive me but I need to forgive myself. I can’t live with this guilt forever. All I can do is apologize sincerely to you, hope you accept and regardless of that, I need to make sure that I forgive myself...otherwise, how am I supposed to live?”

 

His hyung is silent for a moment. He glances back at the room where his mother’s wails could still be heard.

 

“My last talk with Appa…” his hyung starts, “...we talked about some things and...I want to apologize to you, Jimin.”

 

Hyung...Jimin’s voice cracks. Hyung, I’m so sorry. I had no idea what I did and now that I do I wish with all my might that I could take it back.

 

“You tried to apologize to me so many times and all I did was shove it back in your face,” his brother looked legitimately ashamed of himself, “I just...I was in so much pain over everything and I thought I had gotten over it by distancing myself from you but seeing you again brought everything back and...I had no right to throw that in your face. No matter what you had done, you didn’t deserve that. And I’m sorry.”

 

Jimin was struck dumb.

 

He’s apologizing...to me? Even Jimin himself was stunned.

 

“I’m not asking you to forgive me, but…” his hyung takes a deep breath, “I hope you know that I don’t blame you anymore. I don’t want to continue on without Appa--” his voice breaks “--and without you too. I need you and so does Eomma.”

 

Jimin’s heart sinks. He doesn’t belong here. These aren’t his people to take care of. The ones he should be taking care of are at home. The ones who were worried sick over him and been trying to help him. The ones who did everything in their power to save him from himself. They weren’t here.

 

As much as he loved his friends here...as much as he loved his family here...they didn’t belong to him. They belonged to Jimin.

 

I’m sorry, he apologizes to Park Jimin of this world. The Park Jimin who had a hyung, and who had elderly parents. The Park Jimin of Bangtan Seonyeondan. He apologized to him for the last time.

 

“I forgive you,” he says to Jimin’s hyung, “I forgive you and I’m sorry for everything that’s happened….I think it’s time we move on.”

 

Looking at his hyung he realized that this was probably the last time he would see him. Jimin would never see his little brother again. The only one he had was right in front of him and he was the one who Jimin needed to apologize to. If he couldn’t apologize to his little brother and make amends, then he would say it to his hyung in this realm. He would not be coming by to visit any time soon, “I hope you have a good life. You deserve it more than anyone, little brother.”

 

He takes his arm back and turns around, leaving the room where his father lay lifeless and his mother lay broken hearted. He left the hallway where his brother stood in confusion, before turning back in to check on his mother. He felt it….Jimin could feel it flooding his body...the power he had never felt before. This new sense of control, this new sense of strength he didn’t know he could have.

 

He knew what this meant. And he was ready.

 

He walks into the waiting room where the rest of Bangtan were waiting for him. The three who hadn’t been in the cab with them had gathered in the waiting room as well. Waiting for him.

 

“Jimin!” They all yell and rush to face him, “Jimin, are you okay?”

 

“I’m really sorry, you guys,” Jimin says, his voice hoarse from all the crying.

 

“What are you talking about, Jimin,” Yoongi demands, “why are you apologizing?”

 

“I’m sorry for trying to lead a life that wasn’t mine. I’m sorry that I have such an invasive power that took over Jimin’s life like it meant nothing.”

 

His friends stared at him. They were confused and worried and hurt.

 

“I’m sorry that I took everything for granted,” Jimin says, his voice picking up as he was starting to feel better. He had gotten everything off his chest, and it gave him this sort of...blossoming...deep inside his soul he didn’t know he needed. Like oxygen filling back up his lungs, the water he had been drowning in being drained.

 

Jimin, what are you doing? Park Jimin of Bangtan Seonyeondan asked.

 

“I love you guys,” Jimin says lastly, “and thank you for everything.”

 

“Jimin, what are you doing?” Yoongi calls out. His friends push closer to him, if that was even physically possible, but he steps back, looking them all straight in the face.

 

“I want to go home.”

 

And he does. He blinks once and in one second his eyes were focused on his friends and in the next his eyes snapped open and all he saw was pitch blackness. He rolled over to his side and looked around.

 

His room.

 

He was back home.

 

It was 3:49am. Right smack dab in the middle of the night.

 

Jimin gasped in a shuddering hoarse breath.

 

He did it.


He had control over his powers.

 

 

 

A/N: So as you can see, Jimin's father did not die the way Yoongi saw in his vision. This was done on purpose. You will all see in the next chapter! Also, I felt like flinging some vmin up in this . Cuz 95z for lyfe.

 

Also, if anybody hasn't had the chance to see the new stories I wrote, here's a link (they are also on my profile page)

Tooth Faerie here (Yoonmin, Sugakookie friendship, Taegi friendship)

You Belong With Me here (Taekook/Vkook)