A Vision Of A Life Beyond Our View

Alternate

A/N: Hi guys! New chapter ahoy! I hope you all enjoy it! Some good news: I've managed to get a good amount of work done this weekend. I've written up to about half way through chapter 14. I still won't start posting every day again but yes, chapters will be coming consistently! The credit for the title of this chapter goes to the song The Moment We Come Alive by Red. Enjoy the chapter!!! Also, IT'S OCTOBER WHICH MEANS BANGTAN COMEBACK AND I'M SCREAMING.

 

 

Chapter Ten:

 

Not a moment after Jimin closes his eyes, he wakes up back in his room.

 

“…” Jimin mumbles, “I didn’t want to fall asleep. I can’t go see Yoongi now.”

 

Jimin was more than a little irritated. He had wanted to stay there so that he could go with the rest of his bandmates to check on Yoongi in the hospital. How was he supposed to know if the older was alright? He had no way of communicating with anyone from the other realm. It wasn’t like his cell phone had coverage in other dimensions.

 

Jimin just knew he was going to worry about Yoongi all day. He couldn’t wait to fall asleep again tonight. But then a thought struck him. What if when he goes back, more time has passed? What if he shows up months later? Or even years? The thought scared him. He actually wanted to live that life. He could only cross his fingers that he somehow came back sometime close to the time he left.

 

Namjoon’s words suddenly ring in Jimin’s head. “If we're so similar, how come you aren’t friends with us back home?”

 

“Of course we would be friends with you....” Jin yawns, “who wouldn’t?”

 

The thought of the two older boys makes Jimin smile. Aside from his worrying about Yoongi, Jimin felt a lot better mentally. He decided he would take his hyung’s advice and try to make friends with their counterparts in his own world.

 

With that thought, Jimin gets out of bed and gets ready for school. He decides he wants to add a bit of his own style to his uniform. He takes his jacket off and rolls the sleeves up a bit. He runs some gel through his hair so that the brown strands increase in volume. He also puts his studs in his ears. Over his black pants, he wraps a red flannel. If he gets in trouble, he can just slip it off.

 

Satisfied with his appearance, Jimin leaves for school. When his aunt calls out to wish him a nice day at school, he actually gives her a bit of smile and says ‘thanks’ quietly. To say she looked shocked would be an understatement.

 

By the time he makes it to school, everyone is already there. Out of the corner of his eye, Jimin sees a flash of blonde hair. He whips his head around and sees Namjoon and Jin walking towards him. Namjoon was looking at him with an amused smirk and Jin just gave him a knowing look.

 

“I see you put your own spin on the uniform,” Namjoon chuckles, placing a hand on his shoulder, “It looks better this way.”

 

Jimin gives him an honest smile and Namjoon looks surprised for a moment but it goes away in a second. Jimin turns to Jin and gives him a smile too.

 

“It’s nice to see you again, Jin-sunbae,” Jimin adds just to make sure that Namjoon doesn’t pick up on the sudden shift in their relationship.

 

“You too, Jimin,” Jin says nicely. Namjoon looks back at Jin, seemingly surprised that Jin seems to be talking openly to Jimin but he lets that go too. Namjoon seems to Jimin like the type to process and store information quickly without over reacting.

 

“What class do you have now?” Namjoon asked as the trio walked into the school, ignoring the stares Jimin and Namjoon got for going against dress code.

 

“English,” Jimin grumbles, “I at speaking English.”

 

“Namjoon’s fluent,” Jin says suddenly, “if you need help I’m sure he can help you.”

 

Jimin questions Namjoon with his eyes, “Really? You’re fluent?”

 

Namjoon looks embarrassed. He rubs the back of his head.

 

“I mean, I guess?” Namjoon says quietly, “I taught myself but it’s not that big a deal.”

 

“Not that big of a deal?” Jimin mocks, his voice obnoxiously loud, “That’s amazing! I can’t believe you taught yourself. I can’t even be taught by someone else. So you’ll help me?”

 

“Yeah, he’ll help you,” Jin answers for him.

 

“Wow, way to let me make up my own mind,” Namjoon whines.

 

“I’m the hyung,” Jin argues, “that’s what hyungs do.”

 

Jimin smiles at the interaction, finding the two of them cute in an odd way.

 

They split ways as Namjoon and Jin go to their own class and Jimin goes to his.

 

As Jimin makes his way to his seat, he spots Jungkook and Taehyung already sitting there, talking to themselves. They were sitting oddly close to each other, their faces dangerously near each others. Jungkook’s hand was on Taehyung’s thigh again. They stop talking and jump away from each other as soon as Jimin comes up to them. When he sits down, neither of them say a word to him.

 

“Don’t stop on my account,” Jimin says to them. Jungkook looks at Taehyung for a second then back to Jimin.

 

“Sorry about that,” Jungkook says, “we just didn’t think you actually wanted to be friends with us.”

 

“We figured we would leave you alone,” Taehyung adds.

 

Jimin stops, now seeming to realize how rude he had probably come off to them these past couple of days. He wants to smack himself in the face. He really screwed this up. Jimin takes a deep breath.

 

“I’m sorry I was so off putting these past couple of days,” Jimin scraps his finger over his nail, another nervous habit of his, “the truth is, I’ve gone through a lot recently. I---”

 

Jimin doesn’t know if he want to reveal any of this, but looking up and seeing the open and concerned faces of the other two makes him feel slightly better.

 

“The truth is I lost my family last month. My parents and my younger brother,” Jimin blurts it out, his eyes starting to water, “I moved here from Busan not because my parents got a new job. I came here to live with my aunt because she’s the only family I have left.”

 

The boys are silent. Jimin can’t bring himself to lift his head up.

 

“How did it happen?” Taehyung’s gravelly voice sounds.

 

“Tae--” Jungkook almost snaps.

 

“It’s okay,” Jimin answers, “this is actually the first time I’ve talked about it since it happened. It might be a good thing to finally talk about it. I think."

 

The boys wait patiently while Jimin tries to collect his thoughts.

 

“It was a car accident,” Jimin finally says, “you know how monsoon season is.”

 

Jimin is starting to feel a wave of nausea welling in his chest, so he decides to stop there. Neither Taehyung nor Jungkook try to get Jimin to say anymore. Jimin is grateful for this. After a few moments of silence, the weight on his chest starts to deflate. If Jimin really thought about it, it was weird that Jimin was telling them something this heavy so early in their friendship. But he was starting to feel like he had known them for years. He felt oddly close to them and that helped him to open up to them faster. He hoped that they weren’t feeling burdened by Jimin’s sudden confession.

 

“Thank you for telling us,” Taehyung says suddenly. Jimin looks up at him. The boy who was usually all sunshine and gumdrops looks suddenly solemn and glum.

 

“Um,” Taehyung bites his bottom lip, “my dad died last year...I was really close to him and it was really rough for a long time. I didn’t talk to anyone for a while. But then I met Kookie here and he helped me out. He helped me see that I shouldn’t dwell on the pain. I should try to be happy as much as I possibly can. Otherwise I might as well be dead too.”

 

Jimin is shocked. He hadn’t realized that someone who seemed so happy all the time, had actually gone through so much pain in the past. For a moment, Jimin felt like he was horrible person. He had decided to shut people out when his family died and yet, Taehyung had lost his father and decided to be happy and not let his life slip by. Jimin looks up at Taehyung and sees that the other is looking at Jungkook like he’s the sun he gravitates around. The look is oddly familiar.

 

“If you want,” Jungkook says, snapping Jimin out of his thoughts, “we’ll be your friends....and we’ll help you out as much as we can.”

 

The smile is back on Taehyung’s face, “Besides your face is too cute and your cheeks are too chubby to be frowning all the time.”

 

Taehyung grabs his cheeks and squeezes them, distorting his face in his hands. Jimin can’t help but chuckle. He was already feeling better. Jungkook bumps his shoulders with his and gives him a side smile. Jimin returns the smile back. For the first time in a while his smile reaches his eyes as they turn into half moon slits.

 

*******************

 

Jimin goes to lunch with Taehyung and Jungkook later that day. The topic of their pasts was long since forgotten and right now, the three of them were talking about the hobbies they all had in common---dancing and singing.

 

“Well, I mean, I’m nowhere near as good as Kookie,” Jungkook shoves Taehyung lightly with a protest of ‘shut up you’re amazing’ but Taehyung ignores him, “but I can dance pretty well if I do say so myself.”

 

“What’s your main style?” Jimin asks Jungkook. Technically, Jimin already knew, since he had seen a lot of the amazing stuff Jungkook could do in the other reality, but he still wanted to ask. Maybe this Jungkook might be different.

 

“I mainly do hip hop dancing but I also really like b-boying,” Jungkook answers. Nope, the same as the Jungkook from BTS.

 

“He can spin on his head!” Taehyung shouts, “It’s so awesome!”

 

“I do hip hop as well,” Jimin tells them.

 

“We should dance together some time,” Jungkook muses.

 

“WE SHOULD GO TO THE KARAOKE PLACE!” Taehyung jumps in.

 

“Actually, I’ve got another suggestion,” another deep voice adds. Jimin turns around and sees Namjoon and Jin standing behind him. Jimin quickly moves over and lets the pair take a seat at the lunch table.

 

“What is it?” Jungkook asks.

 

“Have you guys heard of the club Danger?” Namjoon asks.

 

The three of them, aside from Jin, shake their head.

 

“Well, it’s a club that has a lot of underground rap battles, some dance showcases and battles too. It’s pretty awesome to watch,” Namjoon explains to them.

 

“Have you ever done a rap battle?” Jimin asks Namjoon pointedly, knowing how well he could rap in the other universe. Jimin was curious to know if Namjoon was just as good here as he was there.

 

Namjoon looks a little bashful but he nods his head, “Yeah, I participated once. Made it pretty far into the ranks but the last guy I battled was really good. I kind of ran out of original material by that point so I lost.”

 

“Are you participating this time around?” Taehyung asks.

 

Namjoon shakes his head, “Not this time, no.”

 

The group seems to be consider it.

 

“I heard this really good rapper is gonna be there,” Namjoon says, “I want to see what he’s like so I can be ready just in case I ever have to battle him. His stage name is Suga or something.”

 

Jimin can’t help but let out a surprised choking noise. He continued to hack until Taehyung started to pound him on the back with his closed fist.

 

“Whoa, are you okay man?” Jungkook asks, his voice concerned.

 

Jimin looks up and locks eyes with Jin. The knowing look Jin gives him makes him want to choke all over again but he manages to hold himself back.

 

“Um,” Jimin in a breath, “I-I think we should go.”

 

“Huh?” Taehyung asks.

 

“I think we should go to the club. It’ll be fun to see the rap battles. Also, this S-suga guy sounds interesting,” Jimin tries again, trying to make sure no one hears just how anxious the mention of Yoongi made him.

 

“I’m down,” Jungkook says.

 

“Me too!” Taehyung agrees. Namjoon nods his head in Jin’s direction to ask him. Jin locks eyes with Jimin yet again. The look in his eyes tells Jimin that this might actually end up being important. He would need to talk to Jin later alone.

 

“Sounds like fun,” Jin says finally.

 

“Yes!” Namjoon fist pumps and makes this strange crumpled face and starts to do this krump like dance.

 

********

 

Jin apparently had a car. Jimin had gotten the phone numbers of everyone at lunch and Namjoon had texted him saying that he and Jin could pick him up from his house to go to the club together. Jimin thought it was a lot better than going by the subway or by cab. Another incoming text tells Jimin that they’re waiting for him outside.

 

Jimin bounds down the stairs, his snapback slipping off slightly so he had to fix it. Jimin was dressed a bit more flashy than he usually was today. He had his hair back in a snapback like usual, however he was wearing a black tank top with a white and black striped dress shirt hanging off his shoulders like a jacket. He wore leather pants and his favorite jordans. He looked almost like he did in the BTS music video and he would be lying if he said that he hadn’t drawn some inspiration from that. He was glad because these guys would never know the difference.

 

Earlier, he tried his best to remember how the makeup artists had put the eyeliner on him, so he could copy it. It was difficult, but he eventually managed to apply it to his satisfaction and he looked at himself. Looking at himself in the mirror near the doorway, Jimin had to admit he looked good.

 

It had to be because of the influence of the other realm he went to such extents to look good. He didn’t know if anyone else would be as dressed up as him but he hoped he didn’t look overdressed.

 

Stepping out of his house and out onto the street, he spots Jin’s large truck sitting on the curb. Jimin looks at it with a stupefied expression. It wasn't often that you saw an American style truck in Korea. As he gets in the car, Jimin voices this thought to Jin.

 

“Yeah, I didn’t have a choice in the car type,” Jin says as he starts off down the road, “it was a hand me down from my older brother who’s obsessed with America.”

 

This is a hand me down?!” Jimin blanches, “Man sometimes I forget that you are all actually rich private school kids. A lowly commoner like me knows nothing of this sort.”

 

Namjoon, in the front seat, cracks up.

 

“Yah, not all of us are rich snobby kids,” Namjoon argues, “Some of us are actually here on scholarship!”

 

“Oh yeah, like who?” Jimin shoots back. Namjoon and Jin are quiet.  They couldn’t think of anyone that they knew.

 

“I told you so,” Jimin laughs and plops back onto the seat.

 

The car ride over is quick. Jin and Namjoon chat casually in the front seat and Jimin learns, much to his amusement, that Jin can be quite sassy. Soon enough, Jin pulled into a parking lot some ways away from the club and the three of them got out of the car to walk to the club.

 

As soon as they got to the front of the club, they immediately spotted Taehyung and Jungkook. Taehyung was being louder than the bass resonating from the inside of the club.

 

“I’m telling you Kookie, it’s an elephant!” Taehyung screams, jumping up and down with his hands on Jungkook’s shoulders. Then Taehyung starts to make noises like an elephant and ends up spitting on Jungkook.

 

“YAH! TAE!” Jungkook shoves him off and wipes his face off with his hand, a disgusted expression glaring at Taehyung.

 

“Oh come on, Kookie, pleaaassseeee show me your elephant!” Taehyung whines.

 

“Um, please don’t whip anything out in public please,” Namjoon quickly jumps in, “I don’t feel like seeing anyone’s elephant right now.”

 

“NO, HYUNG THAT’S NOT WHAT HE MEANT!” Jungkook nearly screeches, his face horrified and a little red and Jimin feels like he is gonna fall over from laughing.

 

Jin snickers and shakes his head and Taehyung ignores them, instead going back to pinching the skin between the two moles on his arm.

 

“See, that’s my elephant,” Taehyung explains to Jimin, “Jungkook has an elephant on his leg too but he won’t show me.”

 

“I’m sure he would just love to show you his elephant,” Namjoon mumbles so low that most of them couldn’t hear him. Jungkook and Jin did however and Jungkook buries his face in his hands at the same time Jin smacks him on the arm and calls him a ert.

 

The group of them head into the club quickly, avoiding the line because Namjoon was pretty well known there. When they walk in, there is a large group of people in the front near a large stage. They are listening to some guy named Ravi rap. Jimin knew his name because the dude kept on repeating his name over and over again. He was pretty good but Jimin was more interested in seeing how Yoongi performed.

 

The club was pretty packed, with a lot of people closer to the stage and quite a bit near the bar. Namjoon was about to head over there when Jin pulled him back by the collar.

 

“Ok, ground rules,” Jin starts, “all of you are underage therefore you cannot drink. I can, but I drove here so that’s ruled out.”

 

“Aw, hyungggg,” Namjoon starts to whine.

 

“No,” Jin says, “I always have to take care of your drunk when you drink too much and I’m not about to do it today.”

 

Namjoon doesn’t argue. Instead, he grabs a hold of Jimin’s arm and drags him and the rest of them to the crowd of people near the stage. The Ravi guy was finishing his set list so after one last song, the crowd goes wild and the guy finally leaves the stage.

 

Soon enough a guy comes on stage and grabs the microphone. He must be the announcer because he starts to announce that the weekly rap battle will begin shortly. He announces that this week they have a new comer with the stage name Zelo.

 

“And we have a familiar face in here tonight. He's yet to lose with his sweet raps giving people cavities, who’s ready FOR SOME SUGGAAAAA?!!” The announcer yells into the microphone and the crowd screams in response. Jimin jolts in surprise at the sudden noise level. He almost reaches up to cover his ears but then he realizes he is screaming along with the rest of the fans. The realization makes him laugh, causing a little hiccup in the middle of his screaming.

 

Suddenly the lights go out and two spotlights stream down on two silhouettes of two men on opposite sides of the stage. One the right side there is the image of a tall guy and Jimin could instantly tell that that wasn’t Yoongi. So that must be the one called Zelo. On the left side, was a much shorter figure, his shadow showing that he was wearing a snapback. The entire audience is dead quiet and then suddenly a hip hop beat starts, gradually getting faster and faster as the spotlights flicker. Then the spotlights turn off and the entire stage erupts in lights and colors as the beat drops.

 

Suga and Zelo are both illuminated in full and Jimin can now fully see the both of them. The Zelo kid is tall and has blonde hair and he must be the one going first because he yells out to the crowd.


 

“MAKKKEE SOMEE NOISSEE!” the entire crowd screams in response as what seems like a pre-recorded voice starts.

 

“Warrior, lose yourself under the sun, start a fire in your heart, digigddum. It’s suffocating you know, get get get get down. Get down, get down, bow wow wow wow wow”

 

Then the guy starts rapping.

 

“Yeah! A punch that I throw for you, Who are thirsty from the long fight. Everyone’s different, everyone takes sides” the guy struts around the stage, rapping to the audience and towards Yoongi who’s just going with the beat, bouncing and swaying with the flow of the song, as if this wasn’t even a battle but just a get together.


 

And those words are just words of ignorant people. Since the words that echoes in my heart is different from yours. I’m mad so listen to my 4 measure nagging,” Zelo raps at the speed of light and the crowd roars. Jimin had to admit, it was impressive. He cheered for this a little bit too, because it was rightly deserved.


 

“(Rest In Peace) This prayer for truths. Even if the hidden system, the black shadows cover it up. This holy badge that won’t yield, What’s the name of the game?” Zelo holds his hand to his ear as if to listen and his other hand with the mic in it to the audience and together the audience screams:

 

B.A.P!!”

 

Zelo smirks to the crowd, pleased with the reaction as his song starts to fade out, suddenly another beat starts up. This guy must be well known in some circles, or at least enough to have some fans who know the words to his songs. Jimin takes a quick glance at his friends standing around him. He can sees that Jin is staring intently at Yoongi, probably trying to read his aura. The thought send shivers down his spine, so he turns away from Jin to look back at Yoongi.

 

Jimin’s eyes are glued to Yoongi as the lights start to flicker on and off with the new beat. Yoongi is looking down in concentration and from where Jimin is, he can see that Yoongi looks in the zone. Even more so than he did when he was practicing. Jimin had thought that the song he was going to perform was going to be the one he heard him practicing at school, but it actually wasn’t. The song started up by playing a beginning melody.

 

Then all of a sudden, Yoongi brings the mic to his lips and Jimin’s entire world is forgotten.

 

Whatchu gonna do, Huh? KILLER KILLER,”

 

Just like Zelo had done, a prerecorded voice comes on before Yoongi starts to rap.

 

“So many haters! But no problem, I kill! They try to chip away my career to bury me. But I don’t care! You can’t control my ! I became a ninja who overcame disbelief and returned,”

 

The entire crowd is jumping and screaming and Jimin finds himself doing the same thing, all with a big smile on his face. Yoongi is jumping and running around and owning the stage and when he finally opens his mouth to rap:

 

“SUGA a.k.a Agust D is my second name

When I’m walking on the street, people whisper my name

My beat spreads from Daegu to Apgujung

The life of my music lives and breathes

all over the world

Riding the haycutter that is my beat,

I’m a baby shaman, that’s me

Did you know that half the things

you see on TV are Kagemusha?

You can try to make rash sounds with your bird tongue

But that’s just you trying to pass it off as rapping”

 

The crowd is whooping and hollering and it just seems to give Yoongi more energy. He nearly screams out:

 

The fighting spirit of my heavy king-like rap

hits all the bums that play around

My flow job catches all the no-name rappers

who think they’re all that and cajoles them

You can try to get to me with those little words

but I’ll just become stronger, it’s a wonder

I’m a starfish that eats and grows on your jealousy and envy

As you know, my voice will turn you on

Whether it’s a guy or girl,

my tongue will take you to hong kong

On this food chain,

I’m always on the top of the top

My craziness won’t stop

Even if someone betrays me from behind

When you all are playing, we’re heading toward the world

All you older hyungs who are getting older by the day

In my standards, you all are like babies

Whether you call me wack or fake

Whatever it is, I’m a new standard to kpop

This rap will cut through your ears

A slap to your ears like a storm,

chop chop chop”

 

Jimin screams along with the rest of the crowd as Yoongi stops rapping and the pre-recorded voice comes along again but the crowd doesn’t become any less hyped.

 

“So many haters! But no problem, I kill! They try to chip away my career to bury me. But I don’t care! You can’t control my ! I became a ninja who overcame disbelief and returned,”

 

KILLER!” Yoongi looks at Zelo and slashes a finger across his throat as the entire audience screams and applauds. That was an indicator that there was no way Zelo was going to win. Then again it was Zelo’s first time, so Jimin wouldn’t be too surprised if he didn’t win. His song was good but Yoongi’s got the whole crowd hyped and going crazy. Even Jimin was having a hard time calming down from his performance. He thought he had seen Yoongi perform live well before but that was nothing compared to how in the zone and loving it he looked performing out here tonight.

 

Sure enough when the announcer asked the audience to choose the winner with their applause, Yoongi aka Suga aka “Agust D” (Jimin wasn’t sure where that one came from) won. He’s even a little ashamed to admit that he screamed a little louder when Yoongi fist pumped in the air after having been crowned the winner. He smiled wide, his gums showing and his small teeth disappearing by comparison. He was shining with sweat and his orange hair was sticky and attached to his forehead, but Yoongi was glowing. Just looking at Yoongi being all happy like this made Jimin feel a little tingle in his chest, that he tried to just pass off as admiration and excitement.

 

Zelo and Yoongi shook hands once, and Jimin was glad that the Zelo guy didn’t look pissed off or mad that he lost. He gestured to the mic in the announcers hand and the man gave it to him.

 

“Everyone, thanks so much for this experience and congrats Suga-sunbaenim!” Zelo called out and the audience cheered loudly. Zelo gave Yoongi a bro hug and as the applause died down the club started playing the normal dance music again. People started to dance and have fun as Zelo and Yoongi walked off the stage casually. Jimin watched as Yoongi walked to the side of the stage that seemed like it led to a backstage area. Jimin’s eyes were trained on Yoongi and suddenly Yoongi’s head snaps around as if searching for someone who called his name. For a moment, it looked to Jimin like Yoongi had seen him, but the older's eyes quickly latch onto someone else and then in a moment he is gone.

 

Namjoon shakes his arm, “Jimin, wasn’t that awesome?!”

 

Having forgotten that the rest of his friends were here, Jimin voiced his agreement shakily as did Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin who were both standing near him.

 

“The second guy was boooooooooooomb,” Taehyung jumps excitedly, “His song was my favorite! It was so cool! What’s it called?”

 

“He’s performed part of that song before,” Namjoon answers, “It’s called Cypher Pt.3”

 

“It’s my new favorite song!” Taehyung yells, his square smile beaming.

 

“Hey, wasn’t that guy Min Yoongi from our school?” Jungkook asks all of a sudden. Jimin freezes, wondering if the boys were going to have a problem with it.

 

Namjoon nods, “Yeah, I guess that was him! I didn’t realize he was the fabled Suga. I bet you guys didn’t expect him to be into this sort of stuff, huh?”

 

“Doesn’t even matter, he’s awesome!” Taehyung jumps slightly, knocking into Jungkook’s back.

 

All of a sudden a familiar song comes on, an American song called Get Outta Your Mind. Jimin can remember using this song to practice some of his dances in the past. They had moved away from the stage a little while back, but now there was a large crowd near the stage. From where they were standing they could see that the people had made a circle and were cheering some guy on in the center who was dancing.

 

The five of them joined the group moments later, and when Jimin finally caught sight of the face in the crowd, he recognized it as Hoseok. Of course it was him. Jimin should have realized that because Yoongi was here, then it was likely that Hoseok was gonna be somewhere near.

 

Hoseok was going hard, popping and dancing as hard as he could and Jimin couldn’t help but be proud of him. He knew Hoseok was an amazing dancer in the other realm but seeing him just as talented in this world, made Jimin happy. Hoseok continued to dance, dropping to the floor on one knee then coming back up and popping to the sounds of the bullet shots making it actually look like he was getting shot. Jimin couldn’t help but whoop along with the crowd, because this was damn amazing. As the song was about to draw to a close, Hoseok turned around and fell back on his legs to the beat ending perfectly timed with the song. The crowd cheered and screamed for him. Jimin whooped and hollered along with them.

 

Suddenly there is a hand on his shoulder and Jimin turns around thinking it might be Namjoon or any of the other guys he came here with but he sees it’s actually a certain orange haired, sweaty rapper.

 

“Hey,” Yoongi’s voice is deep and low and Jimin can barely hear it over the music and his rapidly beating heart.

 

“Uh--what?!” Jimin shouts back. Yoongi rolls his eyes and grabs a hold of his wrist and drags him away from the crowd back towards the bar. Once they were farther away from the music coming from the loudspeakers, it was much easier to hear.

 

“Uh--hi,” Jimin starts. Yoongi quirks part of his mouth up to the side, obviously amused by Jimin’s awkwardness.

 

“Did you enjoy the show?” Yoongi asks slyly, the smirk growing even bigger.

 

“Uh…” Jimin scratches the back of his neck, he’s gotta stop saying ‘uh’ all the time, “ so you saw me, huh?”

 

“Yep,” Yoongi crosses his arms over his chest, and Jimin follows the motion, seeing that the older had taken off the leather jacket he had worn on stage and was now wearing a simple white long sleeve shirt, that hugged his chest in all the right spots. Jimin found it hard to think for a minute and couldn’t find anything to say. Thankfully, he doesn’t have to.

 

“So what’d you think?” Yoongi asks, “about the performance.”

 

“It was awesome!” Jimin starts off, glad Yoongi had given him something to talk about instead of just standing awkwardly, “Both songs were awesome! You guys both did so well and your stage presence was awesome! I mean, I knew you were a great performer, but I didn’t realize you were that good. Did you write that song too? I’m sure you did, because it was ing awesome as always---”

 

Jimin suddenly realizes he went on another mindless rant and quickly stops himself. Jimin feels his cheeks go red and he wishes he didn’t run his mouth all the time whenever he was nervous. It was a really bad habit to have, especially around Yoongi.

 

“That good huh?” Yoongi’s smirk has turned into a full on smile now and Jimin wishes he could take a picture of it. Instead, he screenshots it in his mind and stores it in his head for later.

 

Jimin tries to laugh it off, but it comes out as more of a giggle and Jimin really wants to smack himself in the face for acting so cringeworthy.

 

“I actually wanted to talk to you about something,” Yoongi says next. Jimin snaps his head up, wondering what on earth Yoongi would want to talk to him about.

 

“I wanted to say sorry for the other day,” Yoongi says, shoving his hands into his pockets.

 

“For what?” Jimin asks genuinely confused.

 

“For messing up your chance to--I mean,” Yoongi looks irritated at himself for a moment, like he just royally ed up, before he quickly changes the subject,“ I mean I felt like I was rude to you when you came to my apartment the other day.”

 

Huh?

 

“What?” Jimin voices, “No, you weren’t rude. I was just being awkward like always and came to your house by accident.”

 

“I just felt bad, because I didn’t even know your name and you had helped me on my song too,” Yoongi argues, pulling his hand out of his pocket. Jimin glances down at his hand and sees Yoongi picking at his forefinger nail with his thumb. Huh, Jimin thought, he had the same nervous habit.

 

“You don’t need to feel bad,” Jimin can’t help but chuckle, “I never really introduced myself to you, so...I’m gonna do it properly right now.”

 

Jim stands up straight and bows once to Yoongi before sticking his hand out to shake hands.

 

“Nice to meet you, Min Yoongi-sshi. My name is Park Jimin and I hope we can be friends,” Jimin didn’t know where his sudden confidence came from but it felt like the right thing to do at the moment.

 

Yoongi looks surprised, glancing down at Jimin’s outstretched hand. It takes him a minute, but eventually, he places his hand in Jimin’s and shakes it firmly.

 

“Nice to meet you, Jimin,” Yoongi says with a devious smile, “but call me hyung.”

 

For a moment, Jimin feels lost in his own little world. The line was starting to blur for him. One moment, he saw the Yoongi from this world in front of him and in the next moment he saw the Yoongi from the other realm. If he didn’t know any better, he would say that they were too similar. Not even Jin, who was also Bestowed, was as similar to his counterpart as Yoongi was. Speaking of Jin, Jimin really needed to talk to him.

 

Jin had his eyes on Yoongi during the whole performance. There’s no possible way that Jin didn’t know now if there was anything out of the ordinary with Yoongi. Jimin really wanted to know. Right now. But he couldn’t bring himself to leave Yoongi’s presence...not just yet. It felt too nice to see the boy again after all the worry he had caused in the other realm with his illness.

 

Jungkook and Taehyung walk up to the pair of them, Namjoon and Jin nowhere to be found.

 

“Hi, Yoongi-sunbae!” Taehyung squeals, “Your song was awesome--oh, it seems like you met Jimin-ah here. He asked us about you on his first day here.”

 

Jimin and Jungkook smack Taehyung across the shoulder at the same time. Yoongi just looks at Jimin and smirks with a hint of glee in his eyes while Jimin just looks down in shame. Jungkook introduces himself and Taehyung. Yoongi bows at them and introduces himself as well. He asks them, too, if they could kindly keep what he does here a secret from everyone else at school. He doesn’t want it getting out to everyone. They all agreed and were about to move on to another topic when suddenly another song comes on, one that Jimin recognizes as a song that he also used to use to practice some of his dances. It was the song Spaz by Krizz Kaliko.

 

“Jiminie!” Taehyung shouts, “You should go do the dance circle thing like that other guy did!”

 

“Yeah, Jimin!” Jungkook adds enthusiastically, “You haven’t shown us how you dance yet, so go show us your moves!”

 

Jimin didn’t know what to do or say. Yes, he knew the song and believe it or not,  he actually had a routine that he used to practice with it, but he didn’t know if he wanted to show off in front of everyone here. Yoongi gives him an unreadable look, almost like he knows something and the next words he speaks would end up haunting Jimin for a long while.

 

“You should go dance,” Yoongi suggests, “You’re just as good as Hoseok and I know you know this song. There’s a battle starting right now. Someone’s in the middle already, so go join. Since you didn’t get a chance to show us what you could do last time.”

 

Jimin barely has time to react to what Yoongi said because now he was being pushed by Taehyung and Jungkook to go to the middle of the dance floor. Jimin looks back at Yoongi for a moment, catching a glint of a smirk before he too disappears.

 

Jungkook shoves himinto the middle of the dance floor just as the intro ends.

 

“Never mind. Go crazy.”

 

And Jimin doesn’t think. He just starts to dance. He lets the music go through him, and although it isn’t that fast, he can still feel every move flowing through him like he just practiced the routine yesterday, even though in reality it had been almost a month. He let’s the moves weave through his body like water and when the part comes along where he knows he has to do a cartwheel, he feels his energy levels rising.

 

The guy in the circle with him is trying to keep up with the dance but the beat is too odd and it quickly overcomes him. Jimin ignores the pity he feels in his chest and keeps dancing. He kicks into his cartwheel effortlessly and when he comes back up, he twists his waist then immediately sweep down into a spin kick. He pops up, ready to make his next move when all of a sudden the songs stops and a voice shouts out “REWIND!”

 

! Jimin thinks, this must be a remixed version of the song. What am I gonna do?!

 

Then an idea pops in his head. Perfect!

 

So Jimin follows the voices instructions and “rewinds” the very same moves he just did. The crowd cheers as he flawlessly performs the same moves, but backwards, and then ends up back in his original position just as a new song starts. Wait a minute...Jimin knew this song too!

 

He didn’t have a routine in mind but he knew the song well enough to make a free style out of it. So he did. He just let the rock music (strange for a hip hop club but he lets that slide) flow through him and dances whatever move comes to mind. As soon as the song ends, Jimin finally snaps out of his own mind and takes note of his surroundings. The guy he was supposed to be “battling” wasn’t even there any more and in the next second everyone is rushing in around him, cheering at him and patting him on the back.

 

Jimin was a bit surprised. He wasn’t that good. But apparently other people thought he was because soon enough Namjoon, Jin and the rest of his friends pushed their way into the crowd to get to him.

 

“Oh man, holy !” Jungkook yells out as he reached Jimin.

 

“Damn, Jimin, you can dance,” Namjoon compliments. Every one else has something to say as well but Jimin doesn’t hear it, finding himself too flustered to accept all the compliments. In fact, all Jimin really wants to do is talk to Yoongi again, but no matter where Jimin looks, he can’t find him anywhere.

 

He feels eyes on his back, like someone was watching him. From the corner of his eye, Jimin sees a flash of orange as it exits the door out of the club.

 

*******************

 

“So are you ever gonna tell him?” Hoseok asks Yoongi as the pair of them walk out of the loud and cramped club into the cold night.

 

Yoongi laughs darkly, “He’ll figure it out eventually. It’s not like I’m being subtle about it.”

 

Hoseok shrugs, “That’s true.”

 

The atmosphere is silent as they walk back to their shared car, until Hoseok says something again.

 

“But you know, it would make your plan a lot easier if you just told him what you know about the other realm. You’ve been dropping hints, but I don’t think he’s picking up on it,” Hoseok says again, trying and failing to convince Yoongi.

 

“Not all of us are blessed with mind reading capabilities, Hoseok-ah,” Yoongi says, his voice getting kind of agitated, “If you didn’t have that you still would have no idea about what I can do. You’d have no idea what goes on in the other realm.”

 

“Aissshh,” Hoseok runs a frustrated hand through his hair, “I’m just saying, it would be better for everyone if you just told him you know what he can do.”

 

Yoongi grumbles, but knows Hoseok is right.

 

“I’ll tell him soon,” Yoongi says eventually, “Just not now.”

 

 

A/N: OOOOHH, Yoongi knows something! We still don't know what's going on with Yoongi but we will know probably in the next chapter! Please let me know all of your speculations and theories and future predictions in the comments. It really is nice to read what you guys think :) Also, the song that Zelo rapper was Warrior and the song Yoongi rapper was Cypher Pt.3 in case you didn't know. Thank you to all my readers, subscribers, commenters and upvoters!