Heaven Or Hell Or Somewhere In Between

Alternate

A/N: And then there was one. This is the last chapter guys and I especially enjoyed writing this. After this we have the one-shot which has already been planned out but not yet written. It should be soon, probably within the next week or so. Anyways, credit for the title of this chapter goes to the song C'est La Mort by the Civil Wars. Thanks for everything everybody.

ONWARDS!!

 

 

 

Chapter Twenty Nine: Epilogue

 

"Yes," Jimin speaks into his phone as he walked down the street headed towards the company building, "Yes, Aunt Yujin, I'm on my way over right now."

 

"Did you pick up the lei's?" his aunt asks into the microphone. Jimin makes a small frustrated sigh.

 

"Yes, I did," Jimin tells her for the tenth time, "I'm walking into lobby right now."

 

"Well, make it quick," his aunt tells him, "Everyone is already here, we are just waiting for you. We all need to hurry so we can get to the school as soon as possible and get good seats for the graduation ceremony."

 

Jimin groans, "Remind me again why it took so long for you to tell me you worked for Big Hit Entertainment?"

 

His aunt makes a tsking noise, "If I had told you would have thought that I had something to do with you and all of your friends making it past the auditions. I didn't have anything to do with the decision process but now that you're all set to debut together I figured I could tell you."

 

Jimin rolls his eyes, grateful his aunt couldn't see him through the phone.

 

"Are you rolling your eyes at me right now?" his aunt asks, her voice turning falsetto, "Boy, I am technically your boss now, so don't you be sassing me. And I'm your aunt, so I know where you live."

 

Jimin makes a 'yeah, yeah' gesture with his hand before he apologizes to his aunt for his attitude. He was already in the elevator by the time he hung up the phone with his aunt. He had been elected by everyone to go grab the lei's because everyone else had forgotten. He didn't know why he was the one who had to do it. He was the one graduating today! Well....actually he, Jungkook and Taehyung were all graduating today. Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin had graduated last year.

 

They were so lucky. They had that whole year to prepare for debut without any distractions from school. Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook weren't so lucky. They had to train and go to school at the same time. Their schedules were packed to the brim but it was worth it. This whole past year had been a whirlwind.

 

The rest of them had auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment just as they had promised they would. Believe it or not, they all got in and when Jin and Namjoon graduated, they moved into the same dorm that Yoongi and Hoseok had been living in. If Jimin was honest, he was a little bit jealous of them. He wanted to live with them too. He wanted to live with Yoongi.

 

The two of them had been together that whole year and were still going strong. Jimin wasn't going to lie, it was difficult. Even after Yoongi had read his mother's journal cover to cover, he still had a hard time accepting it. But he did his best and Jimin could see a visible difference in him. He didn't hold his powers back anymore. He had full confidence in himself that he wouldn't hurt any of them so he didn't feel the need to constrain his shadow or his abilities any furthur.

 

Yoongi did still get visions of the other universe though. Jimin would sometimes ask him what he saw and Yoongi would smile brightly and tell him that Bangtan had found great success and above all they were happy and safe. His family was safe as well, his brother having apparently contacted Jimin again and they had worked out all of their issues. Whenever Jimin heard this confirmation, he always felt a million times better. It warmed his heart to hear that everything was working out for them in their world.

 

And coincidentally or not, things were working out pretty well for Jimin in his own world. Just as Yoongi and Jimin had predicted, their world had slowly caught up to the other one. Jimin couldn't help but chuckle, thinking back to the first time he visited their world. It had been right before they debuted. And now here he was in his own universe, getting ready to attend his graduation and then prepare for the next day, when Bangtan Seonyeondan 2.0 would be debuting as well.

 

Jimin shakes his head. Sometimes the universe was funny.

 

As the elevator dinged, Jimin stepped out and walked towards their meeting room. Everyone was rushing around, some staffers trying to help them change into their clothes for the ceremony and others helping Taehyung search for his graduation cap because 'I swear to god I put it on the table and now it's not there any more!"

 

Jimin smiled at the sight in front of him.

 

He made a noise to announce his prescene, "I got the lei's!"

 

"Oh good," Jin says with relief when he comes up to Jimin and takes the bag from his hands. "Seriously, we can't find Taehyung's graduation cap and then Jungkook forgot to brush his teeth so he had to brush them with two brushes in order to brush them at twice the speed. Please, tell me you are all set and we don't have anything else left to take care of."

 

At that moment, Yoongi walks in from the other hallway leading to their meeting room. He's dressed up in black slacks and a white shirt, his hair freshly dyed back to black and his hair styled neatly. The man was the walking image of handsome as he adjusted his tie and then moved on to help Taehyung search for his cap. He didn't notice Jimin right away but Jimin saw him and that was enough for now.

 

Jimin nods with a laugh. "I've got everything I need."

 

Jin makes a "phew" sound and tells him to stay put while they search for Taehyung's cap. They needed to get into the van soon or they were all going to be late. Jungkook came over to him, plopping down beside him, laughing.

 

Jimin gave him a 'shame on you' look. "And why aren't you helping your boyfriend search for his graduation cap?"

 

Jungkook chuckles mischeivously, crossing his arms over his chest and slumping in his chair into a relaxed position with not a care in the world.

 

"It's on top of the fridge," Jungkook says with a simple laugh. Jimin stares at him in annoyance. He was about to stand up and let them all know of the cap's whereabouts when Taehyung starts hollering.

 

"I found it!" he calls out with glee.

 

"Where was it?!" Hoseok screeches back.

 

"On top of the fridge!" Taehyung calls back running back into the room with the cap on top of his head.

 

"How the hell did it get on top of the fridge?!" Namjoon asks with disbelief.

 

Taehyung laughs with a large square smile, shrugging, "It must have got up there when I was practicing throwing it up in the air."

 

Jungkook nods, "He threw it up in the air and then got distracted when the cake for the after party arrived. The cap never came down."

 

Jin looks absolutely livid, "Are you saying you knew where the cap was this entire time and you just let us all run around like chicken's with our heads cut off looking for it?!"

 

Jungkook shrugs once again, "It was funny."

 

"Oh, you little--" Namjoon loops his arm around Jin's midsection, spinning him around and away from the youngest.

 

"Come on, everybody, let's just get in the van already," Namjoon announces and the seven of them move out as Jimin thumps Jungkook on the back for being an evil maknae. But when Jungkook smiles at him, Jimin forgives him. He could never stay mad at the boy for too long anyway. Jimin looks up and sees Yoongi smiling at him from across the room. Jimin returns it brightly.

 

As they walk out of the room and down to where the van was waiting for them to get in. His aunt had left earlier going to reserve them some good seats. The boys were the last ones to get there.

 

Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok had quickly gone off to go grab those seats before someone tried to take them. Yoongi stood with Jimin for a few seconds before he grabbed his hand and pulled him close. When Jimin was firmly buried in Yoongi's arms the older turned and whispered into Jimin's ear, "You should be proud of yourself. You got here all by yourself. You pushed past all of your pain and stood strong and look at all that you've accomplished." Jimin hears the proud, loving smile in his voice, "I knew you had it in you."

 

Jimin smiles into Yoongi's chest.

 

"Good luck, Jiminie. I love you," Yoongi says quietly before kissing him on the cheek and pulling away to head off in the direction where the other guys had gone. Jimin watched him walk away, his eyes in the shape of crescents because of how wide he was smiling.

 

Jungkook pushes his shoulder, making a light mocking face at him. Jimin returns it when he sees Jungkook's hand completely laced with Taehyung who had his other arm latched completely around Jungkook's neck.

 

"Come on!" Taehyung says as kisses Jungkook's cheek leaving his face bright red before he lets go and grabs ahold of Jimin's hand with his free hand. "Let's go graduate!"

 

And so they do. They sit and wait as the rest of their class gets called up and when it is finally Jungkook's turn, Jimin and Taehyung wrench to their feet and scream their hearts out for him. The boy smiles shyly as he walks up to the stage and recieves his diploma. Jimin could hear the screeches of Hoseok in the crowd, loud and distinct, mixed in with the others and he turned his head to see their group sitting in the area for friends and family.

 

Taehyung's name was called next and when he walked up to the stage, he let out a loud cry of success and pulled the funniest face and everyone in the audience laughed, a sea of chuckles and chortles. Jimin laughed so hard that he had to plop back down into his seat.

 

And when it was finally Jimin's turn, he stood up and walked up with pride as the cheers of the crowd were deafening. It reminded him of his time performing on stage with Bangtan. It was a while back but the memory hadn't faded at all with time. In fact, it got clearer and clearer as Jimin and the rest of his friends made their way closer to their debut date.

 

He looked to the audience and saw his aunt smiling and cheering and Jimin felt tears prickling in his eyes. She had done so much this past year to help him. She had talked to him a lot about his mom and his parents and Jimin had shared stories with her from Busan and together they helped each other heal. Jimin felt extremely close to her now and when she had announced to him that she worked at Big Hit Entertainment, he had been surprised and little hurt she hadn't told him, but at the same time he had a feeling deep down like he always knew this was going to happen. His two worlds were completley and irrevocably connected.

 

Seated right next to her was Yoongi. He had the largest smile on his face and he had his hands up in the air, clapping for Jimin with fervor. His mouth was open in a cheer and Jimin felt his heart reach out for him. When he turned to look at Jin he remembered how the boy had told him that his and Yoongi's aura's were strongly connected in a way that he had never seen before. Jimin knew that this was the pull he felt every time he looked at Yoongi. His aura--his soul--reaching out for Yoongi no matter where they were and Jimin just knew that this was exactly the way it should always be. Yoongi looking at him with such love and passion in his eyes and Jimin return the favor with as much intensity and love as humanly possible.

 

He was immensely grateful that Yoongi was in his life. The boy had gotten to know his aunt over this past year as well. Introducing the two had been awkward, especially since his aunt recognized Yoongi as the boy who she had caught him cuddling with that one time after she had picked them all up from Busan. Jimin's face had turned completley red as had Yoongi's, since neither of them had realized that Jimin's aunt had actually seen them that night.

 

Nevertheless, the two got along swimmingly. His aunt thought Yoongi was a brilliant producer and Yoongi had a lot of respect for her strong personality and keen ear when it came to music. Not to mention she was also his boss as well.

 

Yoongi came over to his house a lot, the two spending quiet a lot of time in his room. His aunt had put a stop to that rather soon, saying she had given them a free pass once, but now they had to be together in public areas in the house only. No closed doors. Jimin had rolled his eyes and had told Yoongi that they didn't have to follow that rule, but Yoongi was adament about following his aunt's rules. He didn't tell Yoongi, but that just made Jimin love him more.

 

Likewise, Jimin spent a lot of time at their dorm as well. It was the exact same dorm as Bangtan had in the other universe and sometimes Jimin felt this weird sense of deja vu but it would quickly disappear before he was given a moment to think about it. He hung out there often after pracitce. They trained hard. Harder than Jimin even thought possible. Jimin worked with Jungkook and Hoseok a lot when it came to their dancing. He also worked quite frequently with Taehyung and Jin as well as Jungkook when it came to working with their voices. And of course he took up the pastime of watching Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok practice their raps with Taehyung. The boy was always so mesmerized whenever he watched the older three rap. Jungkook would sometimes get jealous but then Taehyung would turn his attention on him and then the boy was satisfied.

 

Jimin was beyond happy to be where he was now. He still thought a lot about his parents and his brother. Not a day passed when he didn't think about them and wherever they were. Jimin hoped he was making them proud. He had done his best to take his father's advice. He did his best to not blame himself and sometimes there were days where Jimin felt nothing but joy when he thought about his family. But sometimes there were days when he couldn't help how much he missed them and he would feel that ache in his heart and he would crumble and cry. There were days where Jimin would feel absolutely horrible about himself and feel so crippling guilty that he couldn't get up out of bed. Yoongi was always there to help him whenever it happened, holding onto him and whispering sweet comforting words into his ears. He would listen and understand and let Jimin know that he loved him still, even when he felt like all he wanted to do was die. Jimin liked to think he provided the same for Yoongi, on the days when he wasn't feeling good. But most of all, he would find that the days where he accepted everything and let it go and just lied with Yoongi and talked, those were the days he felt the best. Then he would kiss Yoongi hard and the boy would respond with equal fervor and the two would get lost in each other. Needless to say, that always helped Jimin feel better.

 

As he looked over at his new family sitting out in the crowd and the two sitting with the rest of graduates, Jimin smiled widely. This was exactly where he was supposed to be.

 

 

~~~

 

In the audience, Hoseok nudged Yoongi. Yoongi looked to him and Hoseok smiled.

 

You've got everything you always wanted, he pushes into Yoongi's head, I don't think I've ever seen you this happy in...well, ever.

 

Yoongi chuckles.

 

Thank you, Hoseok, Yoongi thinks to him, for always being there for me all those years. I don't think I could have lived through all of those years if it weren't for you.

 

Hoseok laughs loudly at him, I don't think you'll be needing me that much anymore. You've got someone else to love you now. Hoseok turns to look at Jimin who was smiling beautifully as he recieved his diploma. Yoongi watches the boy in all his ethereal glory as he walks off the stage and rejoins the two youngest in the crowd of other graduates.

 

Shut up, you will always be my best friend. Yoong pushes Hoseok's shoulder. But then he looks back to Jimin and he feels that same pull Jimin felt. But sometimes it scares me how much I am in love with him, Yoongi finds himself thinking. Hoseok hears it loud and clear as he grasps ahold of the top of Yoongi's hand and squeezes it.

 

Trust me, Hoseok says with a caring smile, He loves you beyond words. And if there is anything that I've noticed between watching you and Jimin together in this universe as well as your counterparts be together in the other universe, it's that you two were always meant to be.

 

Yoongi tries not to let Hoseok see just how much his words affected him, but he obviously failed as Hoseok cooed at him and wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug, resting his head on his shoulder. Yoongi grumbled and tried to nudge him off, but of course it didn't work, in fact it made Hoseok tighten his arms around him. So Yoongi eventually just gives up and let's Hoseok cuddle him.

 

He pats Hoseok's arm.

 

He was so glad to finally have his family complete.

 

 

~~~~

 

The seven of them had decided they were going to walk to the restaurant where they were going to eat after their graduation. The management hadn't wanted them to since they were worried about people recognizing their faces but they had reassured them that they were still predebut. There was no way people were going to recognize them. But they weren't too sure about the future. They didn't know what would happen for them in the future so they decided to walk to the restaurant alone, together for the last time before they debuted tomorrow and their faces would be known to the whole world. They had already filmed their first music video and it was set to air tomorrow evening. 

 

So they set off down the street, walking in pairs of two or three. Yoongi had been walking with Hoseok and Jin, behind Taehyung, Jungkook and Namjoon who were heading the group in the front. But then Yoongi slowed so that he was walking in step with Jimin. The boy didn't say anything, instead just laced their hands together as they walked together. That was all Jimin needed.

 

"So are we gonna be the world's first Bestowed Boy Band?" Jimin asks cheekily, earning a few laughs from the guys in front of him.

 

"Probably," Hoseok laughs.

 

"Are you all seriously forgetting that I'm the only one here without powers?" Jungkook grumbles from the front. They all laugh out loud. It had been last year, right after Jimin had informed the rest of them that he wouldn't be going back to the alternate universe anymore, when Taehyung had decided to let the rest of the group in on the fact that he also had a Bestowed ability. 

 

Jimin and Yoongi had been shocked. Jungkook wasn't because apparently the boy had been told all about it back in Busan when Taehyung had stormed off. They had kept it on the down low because Taehyung figured it wasn't the right time to tell them.

 

Jimin just wanted to know how neither Jin nor Hoseok had been able to tell that Taehyung had powers. The two had admitted that they did know all along. Jin had known right away, in fact, had been the first person to know about Taehyung's ability ever since his freshman year. Taehyung had asked him not to tell anyone. Namjoon had only known because the two had met through Jin and discovered each other's abilities that way. Namjoon had also been sworn to secrecy. Hoseok too, had figured it out upon their first meeting when they went to Busan. Hoseok didn't even have to ask to know, he just read it in Taehyung's mind and had agreed to keep it a secret until he found the right time to tell everyone esle. Jimin was shocked. He had looked to Jungkook who told them that Taehyung had explained all of this to him. It had taken some getting used to but Taehyung was one of Jimin's best friends and he accepted him no matter what.

 

So just like that nearly all of them had abilities. It was strange to think about that at this time nearly a year ago Jimin had believed the other world to be a dream and had no clue about the magnificent gifts some people had in this world. 

 

Except Jungkook apparently.

 

But then again, did the kid really need it? He was already a fantastic dancer and his voice was as sweet as honey. He was handsome and he was strong and he had Taehyung who loved him to death. Did he really need abilities to top it all off? Jimin didn't think so. In fact, he didn't want Jungkook to have powers and not because he wanted to feel superior.

 

No, it was because he didn't want Jungkook to have to experience the strong emotional upheaval that the rest of them had to experience in order to gain these abilities. Hell, even if he did, Jungkook might not be a bestowed. He had to have been chosen by the universe and there was no way to know if he had been even if he did expereince that strong emotional trauma. 

 

Jimin rathered the boy stayed happy and undamaged. Jungkook didn't need that pain.

 

They continued to walk down the long sidewalk. Jimin could see the crosswalk up ahead, but they were still a little bit of a way from it. Taehyung, Jungkook and Namjoon however were closer to it than the rest of them.

 

Namjoon had been called a few seconds ago to tell them that everybody else was already at the restaurant and they needed to hurry up and get there. The restaurant was on the otherside of the busy street they were coming up upon.

 

"Come on!" Taehyung yelled, "We can make it through this crosslight if we run!" Taehyung tried to say. The cross light still had a short amount of time left to walk and a bunch of people were currently passing. They, however, didn't feel like running across the street. They would just wait for the next crosswalk to turn on.

 

"Oh come on, guys," Taehyung bounced up and down. He had already started off on the street but Jungkook and Jin had called him back. 

 

"I can make it guys!" Taehyung argued back. The numbered lights were slowly counting down. Taehyung turned his head to turn back when Jungkook made a point that they should just wait for the next one, but something caught his eye. 

 

There was a small puupy in the middle of the crosswalk. Looking up, Taehyung spotted a little girl crying to her mother how she had accidentally dropped the leash with their puppy on it. When the mother turned around to see what the girl was crying about, she saw the little lost puppy in the middle of the road. There was a large truck stopped at the busy crosswalk, and they could all see that the driver was impatient to get going. But he couldn't see the small puppy over the hood of his large truck and he could tell instantly that the truck was going to run right over the puppy if someone didn't do something about it.

 

"Mommy!" the little girl screamed.

 

The light turned green and the cars pressed down on the gas. Everything happened too fast.

 

Taehyung shot off across the street, running as fast as he could as he reached down to pick up the puppy just as the truck stepped on the gas. Taehyung had moved in front of the truck so fast that the driver didn't have enough time to react and stomp on the break. 

 

"TAE!" Jungkook screamed in horror. Jimin and the rest of them watched in absolute terror as Jungkook shot off like a bullet into the middle of the road to reach Taehyung.

 

There were several terrified shreiks mixed in with the blarring blasts of the horns that resounded throughout. Everything was moving too damn fast. 

 

Jimin didn't realize he had screamed until he felt Yoongi grasping onto him and clutching him tightly as they watched the cars continue to speed down the street. 

 

They couldn't see! They couldn't see to the other side of the street! There were too many cars! Why was nobody stopping?! Where was Taehyung and Jungkook?! 

 

"Oh my god," Jimin heard Jin's horrified voice crumple as he clutched onto Namjoon.

 

"JUNGKOOK!?" Jimin screamed as his voice cracked and his heartbeat revved up to the fastest it had ever been. He almost took off across the street himself, stepping into the path of the large cars that were still rushing by in a blurred hurry, but Yoongi held him back. "TAEHYUNG!?"

 

Jimin had never been so scared in his life. He kept picturing the two of them dead in the middle of the road just like his family had been and he could feel the bile in his throat rising up. He couldn't lose Taehyung and Jungkook. No, no, no, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen!

 

When the light finally turned back to red and the cars stopped and the crosswalk , Jimin took off into a sprint across the road, the four boys following behind him, right on his tail.

 

When Jimin got to the other side he let out a desperate cry.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook were laying on the sidewalk, Jungkook's arms wrapped around Taehyung as the other had the puppy craddled in his arms, completely unharmed.

 

"Mommy!" the little girl yelled as she dragged her mother over to where Jungkook and Taehyung lied. Taehyung got up, quite shakily, holding the puppy out to the little girl. The little girl took the dog and thanked Taehyung perfusely, calling him her hero. The mother of the little girl thanked them as well before quickly gathering her daughter and leaving. Taehyung turned back to Jungkook just as the five of them reached them.

 

"YOU ING IDIOTS!" Jimin screamed at them at the top of his lungs, "Do you know how scared I was just then?! God, !" Jimin launches himself at the two lying on the ground and gathers them up into his arms. 

 

"Jimin," Jungkook coughed out. "Taehyung."

 

"What the were you thinking?!" Jin yelled at them, yanking Taehyung up a little and hugging him, "Do you realize you were this close to getting killed?!"

 

"Don't you ever do that again," Namjoon said, clutching his chest, "Either of you."

 

"That was the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life," Yoongi yelled to them.

 

Hoseok smacked the back of Taehyung and Jungkook's head. "Seriously, Taehyung don't ever do that again!"

 

"Guys," Jungkook tries to say.

 

"And you!" Jimin turns to Jungkook, "How the hell did you do that?"

 

"Guys, I--"

 

"You are ing lucky you're fast or you both would be dead on the road," Jimin yelled at him.

 

"Jimin--" Taehyung tried to say as well.

 

The five of them continued to express their concern and their fear at the stupidity of the two youngest that they almost lost. They were so lost in their yelling that when Jin finally started to calm down and got a good look at Jungkook, he froze.

 

"J-Jungkook," Jin stuttered. Nobody paid him any attention.

 

"Guys, shut up!"

 

They all stopped, suddenly quiet. 

 

Jin pointed a finger at Jungkook.

 

"You--" Jin stuttered, "Your a-aura..."

 

"What?" Taehyung asks, scared, "what about it?"

 

"There's a ring of white around it." Jin says numbly.

 

There's a round of gasps.

 

"No way," Hoseok mutters.

 

"You've got to be kidding me," Yoongi says.

 

"Are you saying he's--?" Taehyung's breathless voice asks. Jin nods.

 

"Hyung, that's what I've been trying to say, I'm not that fast!" Jungkook tells them with a loud voice, "I shouldn't have made it to him in time."

 

Jungkook's voice wobbles, "I--I shouldn't have been able to...I don't know...when I saw Taehyung take off in a run and I saw the truck start to speed up, I--"

 

The six of them are deadly quiet.

 

"It felt like my entire soul left my body. I was seized with the most terrible thought of losing Taehyung and I felt something in me crack before I felt my legs started to move at this impossible speed..." Jungkook explains breathlessly, "I don't know how I did it. I had picked up Taehyung midway and continued to run with him in my arms and somehow managed to dodge all the ret of the oncoming cars."

Jimin in a breath, "That's not possible."

 

Jungkook nods.

 

"There's no way I should've been able to do that..."

 

The seven of them let themselves linger in the weighty moment. They take a moment to let the situation sink in about what this means for Jungkook and what this means for them and the rest of their lives. 

 

It is a heavy minute later when Namjoon finally breaks the silence.

 

"Great," he grumbles, "Now we're never gonna be able to control the maknae with superhuman agility."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Aaaaaaaaaannnnddddd with that, Alternate is now complete. I've decided I'm going to give you guys the link to the spinoff taekook one shot in an update to this story later. So even though this will say completed you might get another notification from me soon.

Thank you all so much for reading and once again I'm so glad to have had this amazing experience with you all. Thank you all for everything and please do tell me your thoughts! 

If you wish to keep in contact with me, feel free to friend me/talk to me here or you can message me on tumblr here! You can ask me any questions you might have about this story or any other stories I've written thus far. I might provide updates for the Unit Bulletproof sequel there too. I usually put the chapter covers up there beofre I post the chapter so if you go there and see the chapter cover you know the next update is coming real soon.

Anyway guys, thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful magnificent life~!