I Need You With Me As I Enter The Shadows

Alternate

A/N: Hi guys! I'm back with the next chapter! I'm so sorry this took me forever to put out. I've had it written for a while, but I needed to edit it and I was literally SO BUSY this week. I was surprised by how busy I was. Oh. But I saw Bangtan live yesterday. I cried real tears. Even though it was only 2 songs and there were a billion other artists there too but Bangtan slayed my heart. I hope you like this new chapter and I hope it makes sense. Credit for the title goes to the song Shadows by Red. Thank you for all the comments and support for this story! :)

 

 

 

Chapter Eleven:

 

They left the club soon after, Taehyung and Jungkook going their separate ways and Jin, Namjoon and Jimin heading back to the car they came in. Jin took Namjoon home first, since apparently it was on the opposite side of town to where the club was and it would just be easier.

 

So, after they dropped Namjoon off, it was just Jin and Jimin in the car. The tension was palpable and Jimin was just dying to ask.

 

“Hyung--”

 

“I read his aura,” Jin says before Jimin can even asks, “I know what he is now...I just can’t believe it.”

 

“What?” Jimin’s eyes widen into saucers, “What is he? Is he Bestowed? Does he have powers? Are they that bad?”

 

Jin still doesn’t answer and Jimin starts to get more worried.

 

“What is it, hyung, you have to tell me--” Jimin starts to shake the older’s shoulder. He now realized they weren’t moving anymore. They were parked in front Jimin’s house yet Jimin didn’t dare to exit the car. He couldn’t.

 

“He’s Bestowed, alright,” Jin says finally, “but he doesn’t have a normal power. I saw it in his aura.”

 

“What does that mean? How do you know? What was in his aura? What is his power?” Jimin shoots out question after question and Jin has to hold a hand up to tell him one question at a time.

 

“His aura had large streaks of black in it, Jimin,” Jin answers, “The rest of his aura was orange and yellow colors which indicate confidence and creativity, but the majority of it was black.”

 

Jimin waits in stunned silence for Jin to continue.

 

“That either indicates serious mental health problems or he has a Bestowed power that deals with dark energy,” Jin continues.

 

“So which one is it?” Jimin questions, his anxiety levels spiking.

 

“Do you remember how I told you that Bestowed people generally have brighter, more vibrant aura colors than normal people?” Jin asks. Jimin answers that he vaguely remembers Jin saying something like that.

 

“Well, in addition to that, most Bestowed have a ring of white around their entire aura, like a border,” Jin explains, “it’s a marker that represents the spiritual, etheric and non-physical qualities that all Bestowed have.”

 

“So Yoongi had this ring of white around his aura?” Jimin asks.

 

“Yes,” Jin answers, “and it’s the thickest I’ve ever seen.”

 

The car is dead quiet, both of them processing this news as best they could.

 

“So that means, you know what his power is?” Jimin treads lightly. Jin nods his head.

 

“He’s not a reality hopper like you, but he has some similar capabilities,” Jin informs him. He struggles with himself for a moment then starts again, “Jimin, do you know what a shadow is?”

 

“Uh, yes?” Jimin almost wants to laugh, “Of course I know what a shadow is.”

 

“Well, in the world of the Bestowed, there is such a power--rare but not unheard of-- called Shadow Manipulating but it is not as straightforward as it sounds,” Jin starts, “ Those who can manipulate shadows have access to people’s thoughts, people’s memories and they can control people’s minds and perceptions, all through their shadow.”

 

“What?” Jimin has no idea how to comprehend this information but it seems Jin is nowhere near finished.

 

“But that’s not the least of it,” Jin says, “Most shadow manipulators tend to isolate themselves because they do not wish to inflict their powers upon others, however, there is more to their powers than just external. Their power is kind of a double edged sword.”

 

“H-how so?”

 

“I don’t know if I should be telling you all this Jimin,” Jin says suddenly, “I think Yoongi should probably be the one to tell you all this.”

 

“But you just said that he has the power to manipulate my mind--” Jin interrupts him.

 

“Did you know there is more to reading auras than just seeing colors?” Jin asks, and Jimin shakes his head, having no idea where Jin is going with this, “In our auras we have branches, little vines of our soul that reach out and connect with other people.  Whenever two people are near each other, I can see the strength of their relationship by watching how their aura’s react to one another. If they reach out to each other, if they lactch onto each other, if they blend into one, I can see the relationship between any couple or group of people.”

 

“I was watching you when you and Yoongi were talking,” Jin admits, yet somehow Jimin felt like he knew that already, “And your aura’s did something quite fascinating.”

 

“What?” Jimin questions, “What did they do?”

 

“They latched onto each other immediately, during the performance your aura’s were reaching for each other as well but you weren’t really in close range of each other, but once you two were near enough to talk, it was...instant,” Jin answers, “That was probably your what? First? Second time meeting him in this realm and then not to mention whatever may have happened to the pair of you in the other realm but your aura’s latched onto each other so quickly and so tightly, I don’t even know how it was possible to have such a strong connection. With anyone really.”

 

Jimin sits in stunned silence. Jin seems to blather on, not being able to control his own tongue.

 

“I mean I thought my connection with Namjoon was strong,” Jin stammers, “and even Jungkook and Tae, I mean, they have one of the strongest relationships I’ve ever seen, I mean they have to be--”

 

“Wait, what does that mean?”

 

“Huh?” Jin questions, “You mean Jungkook and Tae?”

 

Jimin nods.

 

“Oh,” Jin says, “Didn’t they tell you that they’re together?”

 

“Together?”

 

“As in Jungkook had been in love with Taehyung for ages but the two had never really talked before, and then after Tae’s father died they managed to somehow become close and now they’re so stupidly in love with each other that it’s hard to watch sometimes. Especially with their aura’s almost blending into one most of the time so that it’s hard to tell the two apart.”

 

Jimin’s mouth is completely hanging open.

 

“Are you serious?” Jimin questions in shock, “I had no idea.”

 

“How could you not have known?” Jin asks, “Haven’t you seen the way those two look at each other? Anyway, that’s beside the point, we were supposed to be talking about you and Yoongi!”

 

Jimin starts to feel his face blush. He really didn’t want to talk about the so called abnormally strong connection between him and Yoongi.

 

“What’s your point?” Jimin asks.

 

“My point is that although Yoongi may have the power to manipulate your mind, he won’t,” Jin answers.

 

“And how do you know that?” Jimin asks, “You barely know the guy. I barely know the guy. I know him better in the other realm but just because they’re similar doesn’t mean they’re the same person. You told me that yourself!”

 

“You don’t believe a word you just said,” Jin smirks as Jimin’s head falls, knowing his words were true, “I know all this because you guys already have an abnormally strong bond for two people who barely know each other. It’s incredibly unlikely that he would try and manipulate you. The fact that he talks to you at all despite never doing so with anybody else throughout all the years I’ve known him, proves that he is willing to step out of isolation for you, for whatever reason.”

 

“But he wasn’t isolated,” Jimin interjects, “he lives with Hoseok. The dancer I told you about from the other realm.”

 

“Really?” Jin looks pensive, “in that case, this Hoseok might be Bestowed as well. It takes a lot for a Shadow Manipulator to co-habitat, unless it’s with someone they really trust. And they don’t trust easily. On top of that Bestowed people never share their secret unless it is to another Bestowed person, otherwise the world would be thrown into chaos and society would become divided.”

 

“No way, you’re saying Hoseok is Bestowed as well?” Jimin asks, running his hand down his face.

 

“Well, there is only one way to find out for sure,” Jin answers.

 

“So you think I should ask him?” Jimin asks, “ You think I should find out the rest from him.”

 

Jin nods, “He would probably have more accurate information than I do.”

 

“But once I go to sleep tonight, I’ll probably go to the other realm,” Jimin states, “I won’t have time to talk to him here.”

 

“Hmmmm,” Jin stops to think, “Alright then I’ll tell you one more thing before you go….”

 

Jimin sits and waits for him to speak.

 

“Anything you say to the Yoongi in the other realm...” Jin pauses.

 

“...this Yoongi will know too.”

 

*****************

 

It was nearing 3am and Jimin was still lying awake in his bed. He was starting to get freaked out by everything that had been going on recently. The more Jin told him about the Bestowed, the more Jimin found himself apprehensive about being one of these people. Sure, his gift gave him something that he would be forever grateful for--a chance to see his family again, but was the world of the Bestowed really as insane as Jin was making it out to be?

 

Tonight was supposed to have been fun. He was supposed to have gone out with the guys, listened to some music, danced, had some fun and then gone home. He wasn’t supposed to see Yoongi perform live, or Hoseok win a dance battle, or even talk to Yoongi but he did and now everything was freaking him out.

 

“You should go dance. You’re just as good as Hoseok and I know you know this song.”

 

How did Yoongi know all this? Jimin hadn’t known the Yoongi of this realm long enough for Yoongi to know such information about him. And it wasn’t even like it was mind blowingly private intimate information, it was random mundane information. But if anything, that should tip him off even more. Only people who know a lot about you, would know all the small little seemingly mundane information.

 

Yoongi said he was just as good a dancer as Hoseok. How could he possibly know this? Yoongi had never seen Jimin dance before. He had in the other realm, but not here. That was still only Jimin’s second time seeing Hoseok in this realm, so there is no reason why Yoongi should have compared the two. Not to mention the fact that Yoongi knew that Jimin knew that song. How could he possibly know that? Neither in this universe nor the other one did Jimin mention or even think about that song.

 

Then Jin’s words ring in Jimin’s head and a shiver runs down his spine.

 

“Anything you say to the Yoongi in the other realm, this Yoongi will know too.”

 

Jimin still couldn’t wrap his head around the fact that Yoongi was Bestowed as well. Did he always know about this? Did he know about Jimin also being Bestowed or even Jin? Was Hoseok also Bestowed like Jin had said? Jin had said that Shadow Manipulators generally like to isolate themselves so there must be a reason as to why Yoongi let Hoseok in.

 

Yoongi was a shadow manipulator.

 

Whatever that meant, Jimin didn’t know. He figured he should be afraid of the power that Yoongi possessed but he really wasn’t. He knew, deep down in the corners of his mind, that Yoongi was not the type of person to purposely control others, even if he could do it in a snap if he wanted to.

 

Jimin can’t stop himself from thinking about all the weird coincidences that happened in both realms that coincided so perfectly. Things Jimin had once said were being repeated back.

 

“It’s the most difficult to look objectively at your own work.” Jimin had said once to Yoongi in the other realm.

 

“After all, it is the most difficult to look objectively at your own work, right?” Yoongi had asked him in this realm.

 

Jimin had given Yoongi feedback on one of his songs in the other realm and in this realm, Yoongi had asked the same thing of him.

 

“I wanted some feedback,” Yoongi says simply, “and I thought you might have a good ear.”


 

Both Yoongi’s had the same stage name, and in Yoongi’s songs he constantly referenced to himself as not wanting to be seen as an idol rapper even though in one reality he was and in the other he wasn’t. Yoongi had pretended not to know Jimin’s name when he introduced him to Hoseok, just as Jimin had pretended not to know who Hoseok was. And then there was the very last thing Yoongi had said to him that night.


 

“Since you didn’t get a chance to show us what you could do last time,” Yoongi had said.

 

How would he have known that? The only time he had been about to go onstage was in the other realm with BTS in Japan. They had been stopped since Yoongi had appendicitis and had to be rushed back to Korea to go to the hospital. Suddenly another memory pops up in Jimin’s mind.

 

“Sorry for what?” Jimin asks genuinely confused.

 

“For messing up your chance to--I mean,” Yoongi looks irritated at himself for a moment, like he just royally ed up, before he quickly changes the subject,“ I mean I felt like I was rude to you when you came to my apartment the other day.”

 

‘For messing up his chance’? Messing up his chance to what? Perform? Is that what Yoongi was trying to apologize for? For getting sick and ruining Jimin’s chance to perform for the first time? The thought simultaneously made his heart melt and his hairs stick up on the back of his neck.

 

What Jin had said was right. The Yoongi from this realm, the Bestowed Yoongi, knew everything that had happened to Jimin and the others in the other realm. Somehow his Shadow Manipulating gift gave him the ability to somehow know everything that happened in that realm, which meant only one thing.

 

Yoongi knew that Jimin was Bestowed as well.

 

But how come he never mentioned it? The Yoongi from the other realm didn’t seem to know a thing, it was only the Yoongi from this realm that seemed suspicious.  And then Jin had gone and decided to tell him that they had an abnormally strong connection to each other as visible in their auras.

 

Something was fishy alright but Jimin would never know what to the full extent unless he talked to Yoongi from this realm, but that was not going to be possible. At least, not at the moment. Soon enough, he would be transported to the other realm and he would be with the other set of his friends.

 

But then again, Jimin had told that Yoongi and everyone else everything about him already. All the members of BTS knew about him moving between alternate realities, so what was the harm in talking to Yoongi from the other realm? He might not know anything about the Yoongi from this realm but one things for sure, the Bestowed Yoongi would know everything they talk about regardless.

 

In a way, shouldn’t Jimin be happy that someone else could share this experience with him? That he wasn’t alone in all this with no one to talk to about the other realm? He didn’t know.

 

All he knew at the moment was that today was a long day filled with new information and strange happenings.

 

And Jimin just wanted to go to sleep.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I realize the end sounds kinda like the random girls part during Got7's song If You Do. You know the part, "It's up to you if you want to break up, I don't care. Just do whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me. I'll just go to sleep," that she says with an austrailian accent, I swear. Anyway, I saw Got7 last night too and they were brilliant...that comeback...sorry, If You Do is my jam until Bangtan's comeback. Part 2 could literally drop at any moment and I'm slowly going crazy. I couldn't get tickets for their concert in November online but mark my words, I. Will. Go. To. That. Concert.

 

That is all.

 

Thanks for everything, everyone!!!!