What's Worth The Price Is Always Worth The Fight

Alternate

A/N: Hello, everybody!! I have a new chapter for y'alls because today is a special occasion! MY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm 19 now, so still older than Kookie :/ but the same age as Tae for at least a little while more. And then Yoongi done upload a hot as selca today and I just know he did that cuz of me. We are on the same wavelength. Thank you for that my beautiful rain cloud. Anyway, so we are on to another part of this story, which I actually liked writing. Hoseok is a funny character to write to me, especially when he can read minds LOL. Credit for the title of this chapter goes to the song If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickleback. As a present from me to you on this joyous day, I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

 

 

 

 

Chapter Seventeen:

 

The next day when Jimin wakes up again, still stuck in his own universe, he finds that he really should follow Jin’s advice and find a way to become ‘neutral’ to both worlds. He wasn’t exactly sure what he should do but it was a sunday and he had nothing to do. Jimin sat in his chair at his desk in his room, wondering what he could do to assuage his boredom. He fired up his laptop and surfed the internet for a little while but found there was nothing really to keep his interest.

 

He went to YouTube and listened to some of the new girl group songs. Then he found himself curious. He wondered if anything like BTS existed in his world. If there was an idol group quite like them.

 

He searched their name and unsurprisingly--came up with nothing. Bangtan really did not exist in his realm. Only in the other realm. All of the music videos and performances and shows the others had shown him--ones where he had even participated were nowhere to be found on the internet. He searched Big Hit Entertainment and came up with a few other groups from the past--and even a few vlogs from some other artists under the label but nothing from any one of their group. Then an idea hit him. Didn’t entertainment groups like these usually hold dance classes sometimes?

 

He quickly searched it up and found that they did. There was even a class happening today--in about four hours. More than enough time for him to get himself down there. The classes were pretty cheap too. When he went downstairs after getting ready to leave, he ran into his aunt.

 

“What are you up to today?” she asked politely, a light smile on her face.

 

“I’m actually heading to a dance class,” Jimin says, “There’s a pretty cheap class being held at an entertainment company and I thought I’d go check it out.”

 

“How much is it?” his aunt asks.

 

“Not much, I’ve got it--”

 

“Nonsense, I’m the adult. I’ll give you some money for the class,” his aunt says.

 

“That’s really not necessary--”

 

“Jimin,” his aunt says, her voice suddenly becoming sad, “You are my only nephew. My only family left. I never got married and I never had any children of my own. I love you like you are my own son, even though you will never see me as such. It would really mean alot to me, if you would just let me at least pretend that I’m helping you. That I’m fulfilling my promise to my sister.”

 

Jimin is dumbfounded for a moment. He couldn’t believe that his aunt was suddenly bringing this up, but he wasn’t going to deny her anymore. He had been feeling really bad lately about ignoring her.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jimin starts, “I didn’t realize that this was as hard for you as it was for me. I was just...I was just being selfish…”

 

“No, Jimin, you weren’t being selfish. You are allowed to be greive. So am I. It would just mean a lot to me, if you would let me in. Because even if my presence doesn’t help you, your presence helps me immensely.”

 

Jimin chuckles, “You really want to pay for my dance class?”

 

His aunt smiles widely, nodding her head.

 

“Ok.”


 

*******************

 

When Jimin walks through the doors of the entertainment company, he almost forgets that he isn’t in the other world at the moment. Everything is the same as when he was there in the other world. The only difference being that none of his bandmates were here. It was strangely quiet. Almost lifeless. It left a dull ringing deep in Jimin’s mind, pulsating, telling him something important was missing.

 

He walks over to where he knew the dance studio was.The doors were open and Jimin could see a few people already inside. A couple girls and a guy he didn’t recognize. He walks through the doors, setting his stuff down by the side--where he usually does in the other realm. He walks over to the other people and asks them where he can sign up and pay for the class. At that moment another couple walks in. A man and a woman and upon further inspection, he suddenly realizes that the man is their choreographer! The one who had worked with them countlessly back in the other realm.

 

Jimin had to stow his surprise--not being able to let it show that he knew this man. It dawned on Jimin that their choreographer might be teaching this class. Maybe then, when he finally went back to the other realm, he might be a step ahead in learning their new dances that Jimin will surely need to catch up on.

 

The man looks at him.

 

“Can I help you?”

 

“Yeah, I’m here for the class,” Jimin starts. The man’s face lights up in understanding.

 

“Well then, welcome. You can just hang out for a bit, while we wait for the instructor to get here,” the man says.

 

“Aren’t you the instructor?” Jimin asks in confusion. The man looks at him in surprise.

 

“What makes you ask that?” he asks.

 

“Aren’t you the main choreographer for this company?” Jimin questions. Maybe in this realm, their choreographer wasn’t actually working for this company. The man raises an eyebrow at him.

 

“You recognize me?” the man asks, curious, “strange. Are you a trainee? Did I meet you and forget about you? Sorry if I did, that tends to happen a lot to me.”

 

“No, no,” Jimin reassures, “I’m not a trainee, I just follow this company and you happen to be my favorite choreographer.”

 

The man looks pleased, “Thanks for that. Yeah, I am a choreographer here, but I haven’t had much of a chance to do any really complex choreography for this company. They’re working on starting a group that I might work with in the future, but for right now, everyone is still trainees.”

 

Jimin nods in turn, “So if you’re not teaching the class, who is?”

 

“Oh! Actually, he’s one of the trainees for the new boy group the company is trying to create. He’s here to teach a dance and I’m mostly supervising.”

 

By this time, more people had filed in, putting their bags down and standing around the mirrors. Jimin looked at his reflection in the mirror and couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that the last time that he looked into these mirrors, he was technically in someone else’s body. Another version of himself, who looked different, and was different. Now that Jimin was thinking about it, he hadn’t expected to ever find himself in this situation in his own realm. Back at the entertainment agency, about to start a dance class. Jimin wondered who the trainee who was teaching this class would be. He just hoped it wasn’t--

 

Suddenly a tall man with brown hair and a large smile walks in.

 

“Hey, Hoseok!” their choreographer calls out, “About time you got here.”

 

Jimin reels. Of course it would be Hoseok who would be teaching this class. Jimin wondered for a moment if he could possibly sneak out of the room without being noticed by the choreographer or by Hoseok, but the second he thought it, Hoseok’s eyes turn to him and lock onto his.

 

“Hey, you’re that guy!” Hoseok says, bounding towards him. Jimin is frozen in place.

 

“Uh--hi…” Jimin murmurs out, bowing his head awkwardly.

 

“You’re Park Jimin right?” Hoseok asks, “Yoongi’s friend, right? The one who came to our apartment the other day?”

 

“Y-yeah, that’s me,” Jimin answers.

 

“What are you doing here?” Hoseok asks, smile still bright on his face.

 

“I’m here for the dance class actually,” Jimin murmurs.

 

“Really?!” Hoseok’s smile widens even more than Jimin thought possible and he starts bouncing up  and down, “That’s awesome! Yoongi didn’t mention you danced!”

 

Jimin glances down, studying the ground. Did Hoseok know anything about his powers? Probably not, right? Would Yoongi have told him? Did Hoseok know about Yoongi’s powers? He must’ve, if Yoongi was such close friends with him. Yoongi knew he danced, but did Hoseok know that he knew that? Jimin’s head was swimming with questions.

 

“Whoa,” Hoseok jerks slightly, “stop thinking so hard. I didn’t mean to freak you out.”

 

“Uh--” Was it obvious that Jimin was overthinking?

 

“It’s kinda obvious on your face, but also, you think very loudly,” Hoseok says casually. Now it’s turn for Jimin to jerk. Did Hoseok just admit--?

 

Hoseok breaks out in a laugh, “Hey, no need to worry, we’re both Bestowed. We can talk about it amongst ourselves. And Yoongi really didn’t mention that you danced--but I could see it in his head.”

 

“Wait--so, you read minds?” Jimin questions quickly.

 

“You’re voice is as loud as your thoughts, calm down!” Hoseok shushes him, “But yes, I read minds. I know about the other realm too. Everything Yoongi sees, I’ve seen in his head. I guess in a way, that means I can see the other realm too. Kinda unfair because I know all the dances better than even you do but whatever.”

 

If Jimin’s mind was whirling before, then now his mind must be a tornado, because Hoseok was talking a mile a minute and with every word, Jimin found himself becoming more and more stunned. Hoseok was still talking when all of a sudden their choreographer calls out to him again, signaling that it was time to start the class. Hoseok grumbles but acknowledges it.

 

“Hey, guess what dance we’re doing today?” Hoseok asks. Jimin asks which and Hoseok winks before walking away.

 

The class starts and Hoseok ends up teaching the dance to the Rise of Bangtan, although with a different song that sounded rather similar to the original. It was one of the recent ones that Jimin had not been able to learn as quickly. Especially with him not being back to the other realm for two days in a row. It helps him immensely, because he knows the basics of the dance already, but Hoseok’s class helps him to memorize it and perfect it faster. The first half of the class goes by in a blur and before Jimin knows it, it’s break time.

 

“10 minute break!” Hoseok calls, “then we’ll learn the last part of the dance and go through it couple of times before we wrap it up for today.”

 

Hoseok bounds up to him instantly.

 

“So, how’s it going with Yoongi and the other realm. I haven’t been seeing you showing up in the other realm as of late,” Hoseok starts.

 

“Yoongi’s told you about that?” Jimin questions with surprise. Hoseok chuckles again, running a hand over his forehead where a lot of sweat has accumulated.

 

“No, he doesn’t tell me anything,” Hoseok declares, “I have to read it in his thoughts.”

 

“Does that mean you’ve seen everything?” Jimin asks, his face suddenly heating up with thoughts about some of the private things Hoseok might of seen.

 

Hoseok busts out into full on laughter.

 

“Oh don’t worry so much,” Hoseok says, shoving his shoulder, “I’ve seen enough but I try my best to give him and his thoughts as much privacy as possible. It’s not like I want to read the thoughts of everyone 24/7. Do you realize how often humans think about ? Not just men, but women too! I’ve seen so many fantasies you don’t even want to know--”

 

“Yeah, I really don’t,” Jimin cuts him off, suddenly thinking about if Hoseok had ever caught Yoongi in the middle of a fantasy like that. And now that he’s thinking about that, Jimin starts to think about his own fantasies and he suddenly starts to freak out because Hoseok can probably see all of this too and--

 

Hoseok is practically keeling on the floor with laughter.

 

“You’re so funny,” Hoseok finally manages after he stops laughing too hard, “I see why Yoongi likes you a lot.”

 

Jimin freezes. Hoseok glances down at his watch.

 

“Shot, it’s about time to get back to class,” Hoseok states, “but Jimin, we should go get something to eat afterwards, ok? Promise?”

 

Jimin doesn’t even remember agreeing but apparently he does cause Hoseok just skips away merrily and continues on with the rest of the class. Jimin’s thoughts constantly fleet back to Yoongi and thinking about all of things he could have thought about him. Thoughts that Hoseok would know and Jimin would never know. Jimin could feel slight jealousy bubbling up in his chest, but he quickly shoves it down, focusing on the dance instead.

 

Pretty soon the class is done and in no time, Hoseok has him cornered.

 

“Ready to go get that lunch you promised?”


 

***********


 

“Yoongi is like the worst dancer ever, I don’t even know how he managed to get himself past trainee stages in both realms,” Hoseok chatters on.

 

“Because his raps and lyrics are amazing,” Jimin answers too easily, the words slipping out like it was a natural response to always defend and praise Yoongi.

 

“True,” Hoseok agrees, “he helps me on my raps a lot too.”

 

“You rap in this realm too?” Jimin questions, picking up another fry to shove into his mouth. Hoseok nods his head, telling him that he actually finds a lot of inspiration for his raps from Yoongi and even from Namjoon who he’s only ever seen in the other realm.

 

“Don’t you find it weird at all that this whole other world exists congruently with ours and we are even on similar paths as them? The similarities to both realms sometimes scare me,” Jimin confesses.

 

“I don’t think so,” Hoseok answers honestly, “If the Bestowed exist, then believing in another reality is not that difficult to believe.”

 

“Have you and Yoongi always known you were Bestowed? Yoongi said he only found out when he was twelve but what about you? How did you come about your powers?” Jimin asks. Hoseok puts his burger down.

 

“Well for one thing, these powers always show up after a massive emotional upheaval--the death of a loved one, the loss of something important, a major change in your life, and as for me and Yoongi, we’ve always had each other.”

 

Hoseok continues, “I knew he had powers before he knew I had any. I could see his whole life story in a matter of seconds. It was constantly on his mind back then. Still is, to be honest.”

 

“So you were aware of what he could do from the beginning and you still befriended him? Weren’t you at all worried that he might try to control your mind?” Jimin asks, even though he’s sure Hoseok was never worried about it, just like Jimin never was. Yoongi just wasn’t that type of person. But Jimin still wanted to hear it from Hoseok.

 

“I’m actually kinda immune to Yoongi’s mind manipulation,” Hoseok answers, throwing Jimin completely off balance because he hadn’t expected that answer at all.

 

“What?” Jimin cranks out, “How? Is that even possible?”

 

“It isn’t usually possible. But it is for me, because I deal with the mind myself, so it’s a bit difficult to manipulate me. I would immediately be able to tell that the thoughts or feelings weren’t my own. There’s also the fact that I can project my own thoughts as well.”

 

“Whoa, seriously? You can control minds too?” Jimin squeaks.

 

“No,” Hoseok answers, “I can’t control anything. I can just project what I’m thinking into others heads. It makes my life immensely easier, especially with Yoongi because we can communicate without speaking at all. He just thinks and I project my thoughts and we’re having a full out conversation without even speaking a word.”

 

“That’s….” amazing, Jimin thinks.

 

“And now we can communicate like this too,” a deep voice speaks in his head. Jimin’s head jerks up to stare at Hoseok and more specifically his unmoving mouth.

 

“The best part is now we can talk about Yoongi behind his back and he’ll never even know,” Hoseok thinks with a chuckle, his lips never moving once, aside from stretching into a large grin.

 

“That’s amazing,” Jimin whispers in awe.  His mind drifts to thinking about how he had been told multiple times, by multiple sources that shadow manipulators were solitary creatures.

 

“They usually are,” Hoseok answers without Jimin having to ask, “not that I’ve met any other shadow manipulators, but Yoongi was very much solitary when he was younger. I practically had to force my friendship onto him.”

 

“He couldn’t have manipulated me or erased my memories even if he wanted to, so we eventually became the best of friends,” Hoseok says with a smile, “and God knows he needed a friend after everything he had been though.”

 

Jimin doesn’t want to ask, but he can’t help but think that he wants to know what happened to Yoongi. He’s asked several times but no one had ever given him a straight answer. He thinks back to the journal he still had sitting back at home, but quickly shoves the thought away not wanting Hoseok to see if because Jimin himself still wasn’t sure what to do with that information. It could all just be made up or Yoongi might not actually be that baby. Either way, he couldn’t think about it because if he did, Hoseok would know right away.


 

Hoseok stares at him, deep in his own thoughts for a moment, this time choosing not to share them with Jimin.

 

“Did you know Yoongi was adopted?” Hoseok asks suddenly. Jimin looks up at him and shakes his head.

 

“He was abandoned shortly after he was born, and his adoptive mother found him under a bridge. She raised him but she had heart problems so she died when he twelve. That’s when he developed his power. He could see glimpses of the future he could have in different realities. Yoongi lived in a group home until he turned fifteen. I met him there.”

 

“You were in the foster system too?” Jimin asks, quite honestly surprised. Hoseok nods his head solemnly.

 

“Have been since I was six,” Hoseok answers.

 

But I’m grateful because it meant that I met Yoongi. He’s the best friend I’ve ever had.

 

Then a series of images flash through Jimin’s head.

 

“Yoongi, watch this dance!” A young Hoseok yelled to the older as he started dancing, already quite skilled for a fourteen year old.

 

“Yah, stop that before we get in trouble for making too much noise!” a young Yoongi scolds Hoseok.

 

“Aw, come on, hyung, I want to be a hip hop dancer! I have to practice!” Hoseok argues back.

 

“What if I told you that you will become a hip hop dancer some day, so you don’t have to worry?” Yoongi asks. That’s the first time Hoseok sees glimpses of his and Yoongi’s future self from the other realm.

 

“What is that place?” Hoseok marvels. Yoongi smiles.

 

“Wherever it is, we’ll get there someday.”

 

*******

 

Several years later Yoongi stands in the bleachers at Hoseok’s high school graduation. The kid was too smart for his own good, he was already out of high school, two years before Yoongi, even though Yoongi was a year older than him.

 

It was a proud moment for both of them, Yoongi seeing his dongsaeng graduating high school and Hoseok seeing his hyung supporting him like always. Together, Hoseok knew that they would go on to do bigger and better things.

 

*************

 

“Hyung! Your songs are amazing, you have to come with me to this audition!” Hoseok demands as he latches onto Yoongi’s arms and drags him to the company building.

 

“Hoseok, this is a dance audition, not a rapping audition. How am I supposed to show off my songs if I’m embarrassing myself by dancing?” a now 18 year old Yoongi complained.

 

“Hyung, once you tell them, that it’s an original composition, they aren’t going to care how badly you dance. That’s the point of being trainees. To learn how to become well rounded. They’ll teach you how to dance after you get in,” Hoseok argues.

 

“But--”

 

“I need you there with me, hyung,” Hoseok stops, suddenly serious, “If it weren’t for you, I never would have gotten this far. This is just as much your dream as it is mine. We’re in this together, remember? All or nothing.”

 

Yoongi looks stunned at his words, but they seem to do the trick because Yoongi does audition alongside Hoseok and Bang PDnim is impressed with his composition skills and says his dancing could be worked on, but his rapping and composing talent was very good. He also was impressed with Hoseok and his crisp and strong dance movements. They were both accepted into the company shortly after.

 

********

 

“Hyung?” Hoseok stops, sensing something strange on Yoongi’s mind, “What’s going on? Why are you so on edge right now?”

 

“There’s someone else in the other realm,” Yoongi answers.

 

“What do you mean someone else?” Hoseok asks.

 

“I don’t know! Just someone else!” Yoongi snaps, although he instantly regrets it and apologizes in his mind, which Hoseok quickly sends him a message of forgiveness. While he is already in Yoongi’s head, Hoseok searches through it and starts to see images of a boy.

 

He’s a part of BTS, the group that had previously been six, was now seven. The boy had shown up at Yoongi’s high school and was now present in the other realm as well. That had to mean that this boy had powers as well! He was just like them! And even more so, he was transported to the other realm completely on his own, which meant he was powerful.

 

Yoongi’s mind was flooding with images of this boy. His mind wrapped around his image like a lifeline, thinking about everything and nothing at once. The flood in Yoongi’s mind spilled into Hoseok’s and he could instantly see how much this boy was going to mean to Yoongi. How much he already meant.

 

“He could help us,” Yoongi voices.

 

“Help us how?” Hoseok inquires, a bit unsure.

 

“He can help us so that the two worlds finally become one,” Yoongi answers, emotions swelling in his voice, “we can finally have what we’ve been dreaming of. We can make it a reality.”

 

Jimin is snapped out of the flood of images when Hoseok stops sending them. Like spam, all those memories had been uploaded into his head.

 

“Those,” Jimin staggers out, “what were those?”

 

“Memories,” Hoseok answers.

 

“Why did you show me them?” Jimin questions.

 

“Because you needed to understand,” Hoseok says seriously and vaguely. It was starting to drive Jimin up the wall.

 

“Understand what?” Jimin demands.

 

Hoseok doesn’t ever answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
A/N: Thank you all so much for reading and commenting on the last chapter. I appreciate all of your input, I am very grateful to hear your opinions and reassurances. I think I will just do what I was initially planning and wait until I have finished this story and the sequel to Unit: Bulletproof before I publish anything else. However, I might work on the other stories in the mean time, I just won't post them until later. Once again, thank you all so much and I hope you have a lovely day/morning/afternoon/night wherever you are in the world :)
 
P.S. DID Y'ALLS SEE BTS' MELON AWARDS I NEED U REMIX DANCE?! HOLY I WAS BLOWN THE AWAY!!!!! Thank you Melon, for not being a *cough cough looking at you MAMA cough cough* and rewarding the people who actually DESERVE IT. Gahd damn.