From The Lie That I Have Lived

Alternate

A/N: Hello, guys! I'm very happy to be back with a new chapter! This is chapter is a bit shorter than usual but I think that's because we are coming to the end of this story very soon. Everything will be wrapped up and then I will post the vkook/taekook oneshot. I will post a notification on this story that will provide a link to that story as well. Credit for the title of this chapter goes to the song Ashes of Eden by Breaking Benjamin. I also listened to the song Pieces by Red a lot when I wrote/edited this story! I'm sure you all will really like what I have instore for you. You might not like what happens in the next couple of chapters...but at least this chapter has some of that good stuff I know you will all like. Happy reading!

 

 

 

Chapter Twenty Seven:  

 

When Jimin goes back to sleep, he’s confident that he would stay in his reality. And sure enough when he woke 5 hours later, he was still in his body, in his house, in his world.

 

The first thing he does is call Yoongi.

 

The boy picks up on the first ring, “Jimin?! Are you okay? I saw everything that happened! Do you need me to come over? Are you okay? Jimin? Talk to me!”

 

“I’m okay,” Jimin almost wants to chuckle, “I’m okay. Come over. And bring Jin.”

 

Roughly half an hour later (“It would’ve been sooner if Jin didn’t live so far away,” Yoongi pointed out) the two were sat firmly on Jimin’s bed, waiting for the younger to explain to them all that had happened.

 

“He’s dead,” Jimin says softly, “my father’s dead.”

 

Jin looks at Yoongi with a confused expression.

 

“Already?” he asks, “You said he wasn’t supposed to die until later in their future? As in way later?”

 

Jimin jerked back, “Wait, what? Are you saying you both already knew this was going to happen?”

 

Jin looked to Yoongi.

 

“That’s not what I’m saying,” the boy defends, “I saw a vision of your father dying in the future. He had an unexpected heart attack but...I didn’t tell you yet because I knew it wasn’t supposed to happen for a while. Same with you mother--”

 

“What about my mother?” Jimin asks suddenly.

 

“She was supposed to fall ill really soon after your father and within the month I saw that she--” Yoongi started. “But you changed their future. Your father didn’t die how I saw it, so it’s unlikely your mother will either.”

 

“How did you know?” Jimin questions. “That it was the future?”

 

“You had fading red hair, almost orange and I had blonde hair,” Yoongi says, “That doesn’t happen until later in their future. And I saw you getting hurt and I panicked so I only told Jin and he was going to help me figure out a way to stop you from going back over there--”

 

“You don’t need to do that,” Jimin cuts them off.

 

“I know, but Jimin I saw you getting trapped over there!” Yoongi argues back, “You got hurt and then you were trapped and I couldn’t get to you and you couldn’t control your powers and--”

 

“I can control them,” Jimin states simply, looking at the pair of them with defiance.

 

“What?” Jin questions, looking too taken aback to register if what he had said was true.

 

“I said that I can control my powers now,” Jimin answers. “I did it. Last night before my father--….anyway, he told me some things...I told him some things and I realized something important.”

 

Yoongi was hesitant to ask, “What did you realize?”

 

Jimin turns his head to the side, looking out his window, “I learned that I had felt so guilty...so ashamed here. I had internalized my grief over my family and I had let it fester and grow to the point where I was okay with stealing someone else’s life if it meant appeasing my conscience. I just wanted to be anywhere but in the world that was the source of all my problems.”

 

Jin and Yoongi were staring at him with surprised looks on their faces.

 

“I had to learn to forgive myself for the mistakes I made,” Jimin says, “and I had to gain some closure and properly say goodbye to my family like I never got to before.”

 

Jimin looks to Jin.

 

“That was the emotional balance I needed in my life,” Jimin tells him, “I didn’t need to be happy with my life here per se, I just needed to accept it and forgive myself for things I can’t change.”

 

He looks back down again, messing with the covers of his bed.

 

“Once I realized that, something snapped in my head and I knew that something had changed. I felt the power coursing through me and I knew that I had gained control. So when I made the decision to come home, I blinked my eyes once and the next moment I was back here. And when I went back to sleep, I didn’t go back. I have control now.”

 

Jin was looking at him with pride, “I knew you had it in you, Jimin.”

 

“It makes sense,” Yoongi says, “something must’ve changed in you in order for the events that I saw in their future to change so drastically and so quickly.”

 

“That world was always on the path of catching up to this one,” Jimin says, “And if it wasn’t then it was showing me what I needed to do in this life in order to set me back on the right path.”

 

Jin nods, “I told you we all had our specific abilities for a reason.”

 

“It’s dangerous to mess with their future,” Jimin agrees, looking at Yoongi, “I didn’t know exactly how dangerous like you two did but I could feel it in my bones. My presence there was messing with the natural balance of things.”

 

“So I guess the next step we have to take is finding a way to make sure their world doesn’t get messed with any further,” Jin tells the three.

 

“How are we supposed to do that?” Yoongi asks, “Isn’t Jimin not going back there good enough?”

 

Jimin shrugs his shoulders, “I kind of left abruptly. They are probably really confused as to what is going on.”

 

“They’ll probably question why you aren’t coming back,” Jin says.

 

“Do you think that could affect their future?” Jimin asks, “I wouldn’t be going there anymore.”

 

“Yeah, well your presence might not affect it but their memory of you might,” Jin says.

 

“What?” Yoongi asks, “How?”

 

“You told all of them about your powers right?” Jin asks. Jimin nods.

 

Jin shrugs, “Just knowing of your existence could affect the things the things they do or the things they say. Plus, it’s bound to leave a pretty big affect on them since you grew to be so close with them.”

 

“So…”Jimin starts slowly, “You think we should erase their memories?”

 

Jin shrugs his shoulders again, “It’s up to you.”

 

Jimin looks down, “I don’t want them to get hurt.”

 

“But he’s not going back,” Yoongi argues, “surely that means they can keep their memories.”

 

“Jimin has already made choices that are still going to affect them on the long run,” Jin argues back, “His mother and brother are probably very emotionally traumatized and you still saw his mother dying as well. What if what Jimin says about that world catching up to ours is true that means that his family could very well be in danger, if the lingering influence of his is still there.”

 

Yoongi looks like he wants to argue some more, but he stops. Jimin sighs. Jin had a good point. He was looking out for everyone’s best interests.

 

Besides, the memories he left with them would probably haunt them forever. All of his panic attacks, all of the memories Jimin of BTS had seen of his parents dying and being trapped in his subconscious. All of the messes he had caused had done so much damage...but then again...Jimin didn’t want them to forget him. But if it was hurting them...hurting the future of his family and his friends...then he would do anything to protect them. Even if it meant wiping their memories.

 

“It would give them a fresh start, huh?” Jimin mutters, “A clean break…?”

 

“Yoongi can change their minds to an extent that they forget someone was visiting them from a parallel universe, but I’m sure he could make them remember all the important things but just to an extent so they think that their Jimin was doing it the whole time,” Jin suggests.

 

Yoongi is suspiciously quiet. He looked uncomfortable still.

 

“So they would remember everything essentially but they would forget that someone else was inside his body?” Jimin clarifies. Jin nods. The pair of them look to Yoongi who was avoiding their gaze.

 

After a few minutes he mumbles, “I’ve never changed the shadows of so many people before.”

 

Yoongi still looked unsure. Jin gave Jimin a look.

 

“I’m gonna head out, okay guys?” he says, standing up of Jimin’s bed and packing his stuff into his pockets.

 

Yoongi nods at him and Jimin wishes him a safe trip home.

 

Yoongi wasn’t saying anything. Jimin didn’t either. He would wait patiently until Yoongi spoke of his own accord.

 

“How am I supposed to trust my powers?” Yoongi asks after a quiet moment, “It may have worked a couple of times but I’ve gone my whole life suppressing my powers. Turns out even the visions I see of the other world are wrong sometimes too. My power is faulty...and so am I.”

 

Yoongi says this with such sadness in voice, like that of a person who had given up.

 

“I was scared to tell you about what I saw in the visions because I knew that that most likely wasn’t going to stop you from traveling back there,” Yoongi tells him with a voice so quiet Jimin had to strain to hear, “I went to Jin instead of going to you and I let you go through those horrible last moments with your father by yourself….I’m nothing but a monster and I don’t see why you choose to be around me.”

 

Yoongi continued on, his words turning into a self-destructive rant, “You said you were selfish, but the real selfish person is me. When you showed up, I thought to myself ‘finally a connection to the other world! Maybe now we can get what we’ve always deserved’. But when you started to become closer to them and to...him...I just...I got so territorial and I wanted you to stay here and then all of a sudden the thing I thought I wanted all my life wasn’t what I really wanted anymore.”

 

Yoongi looks up into his eyes. Jimin saw how tired and lost they looked. Jimin could feel it in his heart just how much Yoongi was hurting. It was the same guilt and shame of who they were that Jimin had felt all this time. “I’m sorry for failing you so many times.”

 

Jimin stared at Yoongi. He looked so down and dejected and all Jimin could feel in his heart was pain. He didn’t want Yoongi to feel like this. Jimin knew what it was like to blame yourself for everything and seeing it reflected in Yoongi right made Jimin see just how horribly he had been treating himself all those times.

 

Jimin just wanted to show him. Give him something that would prove to him that he wasn’t a bad person. He wasn’t a monster because of his powers and he wasn’t a monster because of the feelings he had no control over. Just being here and admitting this to him, Jimin knew that the opposite was true.

 

Yoongi was such a good person. He cared so deeply about others that he shut himself away from everyone else for their protection. Everything he had done thus far was to make sure he didn’t hurt anybody but in the process he had been hurting himself. He had let himself take on all the pain he was scared to deal with. Yoongi had had to deal with so many hardships in his life. From when he was younger-- a baby--nothing went right for him. But that wasn’t his fault. Yet it still ed him up in his head.

 

How could Jimin make him see just how much of a beautiful person he was? How could Jimin prove to him that none of this was his fault?

 

Jimin gasped out loud.

 

“What?” Yoongi asked, concerned at his sudden outburst. He looked scared as well, like he was afraid to know what Jimin was reacting to. “What’s wrong?”

 

“The journal!” Jimin nearly screams as he scrambles off his bed and jerks his body back and forth wondering where the hell he had put the book! How could he have forgotten? That book had so much important information for Yoongi in there and he Jimin had straight up forgotten about it! God, he was so stupid.

 

He needed to find that book right now. Yoongi needed to know this stuff. He needed to know what his mother did for him. He needed to know that every bad thing he had ever thought about himself was not true.

 

“Jimin,” Yoongi calls to him as he runs around the room, looking for the place where he left it, “What journal? What are you talking about?”

 

“The journal!” Jimin calls to him, searching through all the crap lying around on his desk, “When Jin and I were looking for a book on reality hopping to help me control my powers I stumbled across a book--”

 

“Okay….?” Jimi could tell that Yoongi wasn’t sure what the big deal was.

 

“A book about shadow manipulating! Well, it’s actually more like a journal because it was written like that,” Jimin nearly yells. He flips one of his bags upside down and dumps the entire contents out. The book comes tumbling out along with a bunch of other papers.

 

“Found it!” Jimin cries. He let out a sigh of relief as he clutched the book to his chest. Why did he even put this in here? God, he wanted to smack himself for forgetting about it! He should’ve shown this to Yoongi a long time ago.

 

When he turns back around, Yoongi is completely frozen with a look of utter fear on his face.

 

“Yoongi?” Jimin rushes up to him, placing his palm to his forward, “Are you okay?”

 

Yoongi continues to stay frozen. Jimin continues to try to snap him out of it.

 

Yoongi takes in a sudden inhale of air.

 

“Yoongi?” Jimin asks again.

 

“Whu…” Yoongi gulps, “What...what does it say?”

 

Jimin grasps onto the journal, flipping through it trying to find the place where he had left off.

 

“You said you were abandoned under a bridge right?” Jimin asks. Yoongi nods, his face still frozen in fear. The part of him that was moving was his chest, the rapid inhales and exhales of breath causing his chest to heave.

 

“I think this book will explain why,” Jimin says as he finally finds the page and hands the book to Yoongi. Yoongi accepts it with trembling hands.

 

Yoongi starts to read starting from the top of the page. Jimin watches his face as he reads. He watches as his face morphs into one of surprise and curiosity. He watches as his brow furrows and he purses his lips. He watches as Yoongi’s long soft eyelashes start to flutter and his eyes harden. He watches as his jaw clenches and his adam’s apple bobs up and down like something was lodged in it.

 

Jimin watched as emotion after emotion flittered across Yoongi’s face. And when he sees the boys clear eyes start to water, something in him jerks to life.

 

“This...was my mother…” Yoongi whispers. Jimin moves to sit next to him, wrapping his arm around the boy’s waist and pulling him close, “she...she---she…”

 

“She didn’t abandon you,” Jimin finishes for him, “she saved you. She placed you somewhere where she knew you would be found and she told the authorities that she drowned you.”

 

“She--s-she…” Yoongi still wasn’t forming coherent sentences, yet he still had tears flowing down his face.

 

“She never believed you were a monster,” Jimin stated, “she loved you with all her heart and did everything in her power to make sure that you were safe.”

 

Yoongi seemed to unfreeze, he turned his head and wrapped his arms around Jimin, burying his face in his neck. The boy squeezed tightly and even though the moment was emotionally charged, he still felt a blast of warmth burst through his body at the feel of Yoongi holding him so tightly.

 

“I-I…” Yoongi stuttered, gasping breaths felt on Jimin’s neck, “I tried so hard…I--”

 

“Shh,” Jimin whispers, attempting to calm him down, “I know...but you didn’t need to. You were never evil. Your powers don’t make you evil. You read everything, right?”

 

Jimin feels Yoongi nod his head, “Then you know that both of your parents loved you. Your father died for you and your mother. Your mother risked everything to save you. They knew your powers didn’t define you and they wanted you to live a life where your powers didn’t control you.”

 

If possible Yoongi squeezes him tighter.

 

“You have more strength than you know,” Jimin whispers to him, feeling Yoongi shiver slightly as Jimin brushes his lips over Yoongi’s ear, “You helped me so much. You saved me when I was sure I was past the point of no return. You are not evil.”

 

Jimin takes a deep breath in as he pulls Yoongi’s face away from his neck. He looks into the older’s face. Jimin had never seen him cry before. Of all the times that Yoongi comforted him, Jimin had never returned the favor. Well, now it was his turn.

 

The boy’s face was still beautiful, even streaked with tears. His usual pale face was blotched with redness. Jimin used his thumbs to wipe the tears away, letting his thumb roam slowly across the soft skin under Yoongi’s eyes and above his cheekbone.

 

Yoongi’s eyes were open and he was staring so intensly at him that Jimin felt himself melting under the simple touch.  Jimin follows Yoongi’s eyes as his gaze travels down from his eyes to his lips. Yoongi bites his lip.

 

Jimin copies the motion unconsciously, his eyes sliding slowly down the length of Yoongi’s face until they stop at the slightly parted curves of Yoongi’s lips.

 

Jimin remembers the last time they kissed. How Yoongi’s lips felt, warm and soft against his. Jimin wanted to feel that again. He wanted to feel the gentle touch again. He wanted--

 

Before he even knew what he was doing, he leaned forward.

 

He pressed his lips gently to Yoongi’s and he heard the older boy gasp as the zing of electricity shot through them both. Jimin pulled back slightly, looking into the older’s clouded eyes. They told Jimin everything he needed to know.

 

Yoongi brought his arms up and cupped Jimin’s face right as Jimin dipped back in, capturing Yoongi’s lips with a newfound intensity. The two moved against each other with an impatient longing driving them forward and Jimin opened his mouth, letting the older’s tongue slide right in.

 

“Jimin,” Yoongi moaned, “I didn’t--” he gasped, “I thought that you--” he pushed his lips desperately back onto Jimin’s, “I thought you didn’t want me, I thought you wanted him…”

 

Jimin pulled away from his lips, kissing Yoongi’s neck and running his hands down the side of Yoongi’s bent body and squeezing Yoongi’s thighs. He looked up into Yoongi’s eyes, his face hovering over the older’s as he had scooted up unknowingly. Jimin brought his face as close as he could to Yoongi’s, stopping only when their lips were only a whisper away from touching.

 

“I want someone named Min Yoongi,” Jimin whispered, watching as Yoongi’s eyelashes moved slowly up and down, “And that Yoongi…is right in front of me.”

 

Yoongi pulled Jimin’s face forward and fiercely reattached Jimin’s lips to his own, kissing him with an insane amount of intensity as if he had been waiting for this since forever. Jimin felt the buzz of pleasure running through his entire body as Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin’s waist, using one hand to grip his thigh and the other to rest on his hip. Jimin crawled forward, his body accidentally pushing the both of them down, but he didn’t care. He needed to be closer to Yoongi.  His body craved to be closer, closer. He didn’t want any space whatsoever between them.

 

Jimin didn’t know what had taken over him. He bit down on Yoongi’s lip and the boy let out a raspy moan. Yoongi curved his body up into him and Jimin never felt closer to heaven in his life. His body was now fully on top of Yoongi’s and the older boy let him writhe on top of him. Yoongi pulled him closer and ran his hands down the entire length of Jimin’s body, leaving not one inch untouched. A ripple of heat ran through his stomach as Yoongi deep onto his lips.

 

They stayed there for however long, Jimin didn’t know, just kissing to their hearts content. After a short while they calmed down and slowed to a series of gentle lingering pecks, their lips taking their sweet time separating so that they could savor each other’s tastes, before coming back down and capturing them again. Jimin’s hands were placed firmly yet losely in Yoongi’s hair, petting it and letting it tickle him. Yoongi’s hands were massaging Jimin’s neck gently and Jimin loved every second of it.

 

Eventually they fell asleep, Jimin’s body resting half on the bed and half on top of Yoongi. Yoongi was lying comfortably beneath him, with one arm holding him close and the other hand holding Jimin’s hand, their fingers laced together.

 

For the first time in what felt like forever, they fell asleep completely at peace and completely whole.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Ah yes...that's some yummy make out scene that I so desperately needed in this story. YOONMIN ARE TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR or at least one set of Yoonmin are. We still gotta see what's up with BTS Yoonmin, am I right?

 

I have several other annoucements that I would like to run by you guys.

 

1. Please do not leave nasty comments on this story. I have not had any problems with this until today (the comment has been deleted). This is a work of fiction and not a forum where you can hate on the members you don't like. That is all I can say without getting angry because I will not tolerate anyone hating on any of the irl bts members or fighting over your ships. Do that somewhere else where I can't see it. Thanks.

 

2. I have a new story that I am co-authoring with a good friend. It's a chaptered Taekook /crack fic. You can read it here! Also check out my co-author not_lookin_down's awesome other stories on her profile here!

 

3. I am currently in the developing stages of an idea for another fic (not to worry! The Unit Bulletproof seqeul is priority) and I have some questions for you all and I would like to know your thoughts. Please vote on this poll just to let me see what most of the readers on this site think. This fic is not guaranteed yet.

 

That's it for now, guys! Thank you all so much!! <3 <3 <3 <3 You can come visit me on tumblr here!