Wake Up and Rise

Alternate

A/N: HELLLUUUUUU!!! New chapter for all you lovely people :) It's kinda long...? Not really. I mean, not by standards but maybe for some of you. I read this monstrous 21k chapter of this other fanfic yesterday and it was so long and wonderful. I actually have something rather serious to talk about but I'm going to wait until the end note so that it doesn't ruin this chapter for you.

 

Credit for the title goes to the song Rise (Intro) by Taeyang

 

Please enjoy this chapter:)

 

 

 

 

Chapter Twenty Five: Yoongi’s POV


 

Yoongi waited until he was absolutely positive Jimin was asleep before he even thought to let himself sleep. He ended up staring at the boy’s calm face, completely peaceful, and wished that Jimin could always be like this--serene and tranquil and without problems...but alas, Yoongi knew where the boy currently was right now. By now, the younger had probably gone back to the other reality. Seeing as Jimin wasn’t convulsing in pain, Yoongi assumed that things must be back to normal when it came to the functionings of Jimin’s power. Or at least as normal as Bestowed could get.

 

Yoongi knew that as soon as he let himself fall asleep he would get flashes and visions of the world Jimin was currently in. He would see everything, the present and the future of that universe--as much as Jimin had effected it. Yoongi wondered what kind of changes this little episode Jimin had would cause the other universe. For one, Yoongi’s counterpart now knew of his powers. Would that make him more controlled of his thoughts? Trying to hide them from someone who could read and see everything he did? Or would he shut down his thoughts completely--trying to shut Yoongi out entirely?

 

The only way to know for sure was to go to sleep and see what was new in the alternate universe. Yoongi’s eyes fluttered softly...his body felt so heavy…he just wanted to fall asleep and dream peacefully. This was what he wanted for Jimin as well. Still, Yoongi knew as well as anyone, there was no escaping certain parts of their powers. The only thing Yoongi could do was make sure to stay as up to date and aware as possible. He wanted to be there for Jimin in case he needed. And if that occurred, then Yoongi needed to be prepared.

 

So Yoongi slipped off into sleep.

 

Yoongi ended up seeing mainly flashes of the chaos that happened after Jungkook had punched Jimin and knocked him out. Jin had almost gone crazy with worry, immediately tending to Jimin’s wound. Thankfully, there wasn’t that bad of a mark on Jimin’s face. Jungkook had precisely aimed so that Jimin’s puffy cheeks ended up taking most of the blunt force. There was a bruise but other than that, Jimin’s face was still fully intact.

 

It had been a good thing that Jungkook had taken the lead instead of Namjoon. Lord only knows that Namjoon would’ve slipped up in some way and hurt the younger a lot more than necessary. Probably would’ve knocked a tooth out at the same time as giving him a black eye. Hell, Namjoon probably would’ve fractured his own hand from the force of it connecting with Jimin’s face.

 

Jimin didn’t wake up for the rest of that night, and the others ended up going to sleep after taking extra precautions to make sure that Jimin was okay and wasn’t convulsing in pain anymore. Yoongi’s counterpart had handled the boy with extra care but was also skirting awkwardly around the rest of the guys. He still felt weird after having someone talk to him in his head--read his thoughts and respond to them as if they had been having a casual chat. It made sense to Yoongi that his counterpart was starting to monitor his own thoughts. He was paranoid that someone else was listening in. It was only natural.  Yoongi remembers that Jimin had not told him about his counterparts powers for precisely this reason. It would drive him mad with paranoia. Yoongi had no idea how Jimin dealt with two of himself being inside his head.

 

Yoongi’s counterpart didn’t sleep that well that night, tossed and turned and just overall worried about Jimin and if he was okay. By early morning, long before the sun had risen entirely, the rest of the boys were still asleep as Yoongi quietly slipped out of his bed and went into the living room after having gone to the bathroom. When his counterpart went into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, he turned his head to the side to see Jimin sitting outside on one of the chairs that was set up on the balcony overlooking their dorm.

 

Yoongi watched silently as he saw Jimin moving his head and turning to the side and moving his lips as if he was talking to someone. At closer look, Yoongi found that the boy wasn’t talking on the phone, so that meant he was talking to himself. Yoongi wondered what was up and wanted to go to him. He hesitated for a moment, before ducking quickly back into his room to grab two jackets. He threw one over his own body and took the other in his hand as he walked out over to the balcony, sliding open the door and stepping out.

 

Jimin jerked with a slight sudden intake of air. He turned around to find Yoongi standing there, closing the sliding glass door after him. He placed the other jacket over Jimin’s shoulders and then moved to take a seat on the other chair set up out there. The sky was still dark but slowly turning into a dark blue as the sun was probably about to rise.

 

“You’re up early?” Yoongi murmurs.

 

“Huh? What?” Jimin asks, coughing nervously and muttering something under his breath.

 

“Are you okay?” Yoongi asks, staring at the younger boy who was acting rather oddly.

 

Jimin looks up at him, “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

 

Yoongi looks at him sharply, giving him a look of ‘are you kidding’? Jimin continues to give him that dumb look as if he had no idea what he was talking about.

 

“After last night?” Yoongi nudges, “You were in a lot of pain and we had to knock you out--”

 

“That was last night?” Jimin nearly chokes, looking at him with a sharp gaze before quickly turning away and mumbling quietly back to himself, “I came back the next day...I’ve never done that before.”

 

Yoongi raises an eyebrow, “What was that?”

 

Jimin’s gaze flickers back to him as if realizing once again that he was there still, “Huh? Oh. Nothing.”

 

Yoongi didn’t buy it, “Jimin...if something is going on...you can tell me. I can help as best as I can.”

 

“I don’t know how I am doing this,” Jimin mumbles again, before turning his head in the other direction sharply away from Yoongi, muttering abruptly, “okay, okay, I’ll tell him, gosh!”

 

“Tell me what?” Yoongi asks, anxiety rising from within him, was something else going on with Jimin? Whatever it was, Yoongi hoped it wasn’t too much.

 

“No,” Jimin utters, not even answering his question. In fact, it wasn’t even like Jimin was talking to him, but talking to someone else. But there was no one else here, so who could he be talking to? “Ok, god, just let me think of how to explain it!”

 

Ok, that was it. “Just spit it out, Jimin,” Yoongi blurts bluntly. Jimin turns back to him, his gaze steadfast.

 

“It’s me,” Jimin says, “the Jimin from the other universe.”

 

Yoongi’s face was a painting of surprise now. This wasn’t good. Not at all. He thought that what happened last night was supposed to switch the two back. His Jimin was supposed to come back to his body by now. Aside from the four days in which the other Jimin had not been sleeping, every other time Jimin had visited, he had only been here for one day at a time, and then their Jimin came back for a good amount of time before he came back. But now, he was back the next day? What did that mean for his Jimin? Was he stuck in Jimin’s subconscious in the other universe? Was he trapped there? Would Yoongi never see him again? Yoongi didn’t know why but a cold sweat had broken out over his forehead and at the same time he felt like he had a fever and his stomach churned.

 

“I-If you’re here…” Yoongi started slowly, trying to not let his voice shake, “...Where’s our Jimin?”

 

Yoongi held his breath as he waited for the impending answer.

 

“He’s here too,” Jimin answers. Yoongi blinks.

 

“What?”

 

“He’s here,” Jimin explains, “We’re both here--” he reaches up to tap his fingers against his temple, “--inside this head.”

 

“How...how is this possible?” Yoongi gasps, “Last night this happened too but you were in such excruciating pain. Your...Yoogni told me that the two of you in one mind was causing you agony. How are you doing it now?”

 

Jimin shrugs his shoulders, “I’m here but he’s here too. He can see and hear everything that I do but he can’t...control this body. Only I can.”

 

“But…” a sudden thought strikes Yoongi that has his heart sinking into the acid in his stomach, “are you stuck like this? Both of you?”

 

Jimin shrugs his shoulders yet again, “I went back to my home universe yesterday. I was there all day until I fell asleep that night. I’m not stuck here, but I don’t know if this new...arrangement...is permanent. I’ll have to see the next time I come back. I think...I think that last night was the pain of molding together and...now he doesn’t go to my body when I come over here, he just stays here--conscious in his head--while I borrow his body.”

 

Yoongi can do nothing but stare at the boy sitting in front of him. His Jimin was in there and this Jimin, who he had also grown to care for, was here too. Two of them, as one, sitting here and trying to explain something unbelievable to him.

 

“If that’s true...tell me something only the Jimin from this universe would know, as proof,” Yoongi says. If he was being honest, he didn’t actually need the proof. Something in him just knew that what Jimin was saying was true, but he still needed to test it to make sure.

 

Jimin’s face goes blank for a second before he makes a choked coughing gasp, he looks up at Yoongi, his face turning red as he moves his hands up to cover his mouth which had opened in shock.

 

“Uhhh….” Jimin croaks out.

 

“What?” Yoongi asks, suddenly regretting life, “Is what he said that bad?”

 

“Uh, no,” Jimin nearly starts to cough again, “It’s just...embarrassing.”

 

Oh .

 

This was his own fault though. He had asked for proof. So now he had to hear it.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Umm, haha,” Jimin says avoiding eye contact with him, “He said that there was a picture that you two took...of you washing a shirt...on his ‘washboard abs’.”

 

Yoongi’s face was burning and Jimin’s face was completely down, blocking any view towards his eyes. Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly regretting ever agreeing to take that stupid picture. He had totally forgot that it existed and it was also on the internet for all their fans to see. God, sometimes he wished that he wasn’t such a cringe worthy dumb .

 

“Okay…” Yoongi struggles to say, “I believe you that Jimin is in there.”

 

Jimin chuckles, before breaking out into a large grin, “Oh my god so it’s real? I seriously thought he was lying!”

 

“Unfortunately not,” Yoongi grimaces. Jimin breaks out into hilarious laughter and Yoongi can’t find himself to stay uncomfortable for too long, as he too starts to laugh along with him.

 

Soon the scene changes and Yoongi realizes that he was no longer seeing the present in that universe. It wasn’t the past either as Yoongi would have recognized what the boys looked like during those times. That meant this had to be a flash of the future, as the boys had entirely different styles.

 

Jungkook was taller, more muscular and his hair was different. Namjoon, Jin and Taehyung had entirely different looks and to top it all off Jimin’s hair was orange. When Yoongi caught a glimpse of himself, he saw that his own hair was bleached blonde. That only confirmed his thought that this was a glimpse of the future.

 

The events he saw would leave him waking up in a cold sweat.

 

They were at a fan meeting of some sort, dancing and joking around as well as giving a few performances. They did several performances of songs he already knew and a few new ones, including one song that was so fast and the choreography one of the most intricate he had ever done in his career.

 

One look off to the side, Yoongi could see Jimin had stopped after the performance. The boy had moved off to the side with his body bent over and his hands on his knees. His head was shining with sweat. He sees another flash in his head from a slightly earlier time set in the same future. Jimin had been having an especially hard time after his father’s heart attack. The man hadn’t died but he was extremely sick, having to stay in the hospital for watch. Jimin had missed his chance to talk to his brother and he couldn’t go see his parents in the hospital because they were doing many activities in Japan at that time.

 

Jimin from the other universe had continue to come over and it was getting increasingly harder to make it seem like something wasn’t up with the boy to the rest of the staff. The managers were getting increasingly suspicious and even the PD-nim was questioning them if they were alright. They had told them about the circumstances that were occurring in Jimin’s family, but since the circumstances weren’t dire just yet, they had to stay in Japan for the time being.

On this particular day, both Jimin’s were present in the boy’s head. Yoongi and Jimin had informed the members about what was going on but everyone else was completely unaware.

 

Anyone could tell that just by looking at Jimin, they boy was getting increasingly burnt out. He wasn’t resting well and not to mention the amount of energy he had to use to keep up with their work routine as well as sustain two minds in one head.

 

After they had finished performing and played some games, Yoongi could see Jimin looking more and more exhausted. He looked like he was going to pass out at any second.  Yoongi wanted to go over to him to make sure he was ok but there was no innocuous way to do so without drawing attention from the audience. Suddenly Jimin started to stumble forward. He stuck his arms out to latch onto Jungkook who was standing right next to him, grabbing a handful of his shirt in his fist. It all happened too fast.

 

Jimin lost all strength in his body and his body swayed dangerously, unstable on his feet. He and several other members were standing in that area but none of them managed to grab onto Jimin before the boy completely lost balance.

 

The horrified screams of the audience were deafening, matching the bile that was rising in Yoongi’s throat as Jimin pitched forward over the edge of the stage. His body dropped like a dead weight, falling through the air as their friends rushed forward in terror to try to get to him as fast as they could.

 

The boys dropped down over the edge of the stage and sprinted over to where Jimin’s limp body was lying in a crumpled pile. Hoseok and Yoongi were the first to reach him, turning the boy over and bringing their hands up to his face to check if he was okay.

 

He wasn’t.

 

As soon as Yoongi pulled his hand away from the side of Jimin’s head, he saw the sticky thick blood covering his palm. Yoongi managed to drown out the screams in his ears as he looked to the side and saw the large amp that was knocked aside strangely. Yoongi instantly realizes, with a sickening thought, that Jimin must’ve hit his head hard on the amp on the way down.

 

The rest of the boys and the staff had gathered around and people were rushing around in a panic, some yelling to get medical care as fast as they possible could, others calling an ambulance, and another sent to manage the crowd of terrified fans who were screaming and crying over the broken boy lying unconscious with blood streaming down his face from the crack somewhere in his skull.

 

The image changes all of a sudden, and morphs into one of a short time after this incident happened. Jimin had gotten a concussion and couldn’t finish promotions for the rest of the cycle while he recovered. Everyone was really worried about him but he rejected help from them. Then one night the boy had come to him in the middle of the night, confiding in him that he couldn’t sleep. When Yoongi pressed him he found out that Jimin, the one who had been visiting from the other universe, had not gone home yet. It had been two days, almost three since he had come there. The last time this had happened the pain had caused the two to split the two worlds, their minds coming together in excruciating agony until Jimin had been knocked out.

 

Jimin had confided in him that he had tried to go back home but it wasn’t working. Something was not working with his powers and he was somehow unable to fall asleep. It wasn’t from overstimulation, no because both Jimin’s had been successful in cohabitating in one head for quite some time now. This time, Jimin just couldn’t go back home. He couldn’t fall asleep no matter how hard he tried.

 

Yoongi didn’t even want to know what was going on in Jimin’s home universe. Jimin had told him that the last time this happened his body had been in a near catatonic state, unable to receive food or water and completely unresponsive to the world. Yoongi and the gang had tried knocking Jimin out again, but it failed. He was still conscious and his body was just getting weaker and weaker. But they couldn’t tell their management this, that would cause them to have too many question, 99% of them being ones they could not answer. This meant that Jimin was working as Jimin of BTS non-stop without rest of any kind. No sleep no matter what he tried: pills, sleeping medicine, nothing was working.

 

Jimin was trapped in their world and that meant this body was running on borrowed energy and pretty soon, something was going to give. And at the trajectory they were going, it was going to end up being Jimin’s body collapsing on him.




 

Yoongi’s eyes shot open and he sprung up in bed. His breathing was erratic as he quickly swerved to look towards Jimin’s sleeping figure in the bed. As much as Yoongi wished he could dismiss everything he just saw in his sleep as a dream, he knew all too well that that was anything but just a dream.

 

Jimin was in danger and his own powers were the cause of it.

 

Yoongi looked over to the clock on Jimin’s bedside table to see that it was 4 o’clock in the morning. Yoongi let out a sigh and ran his hands over his face. He couldn’t go back to sleep now. Not when his heart was close to stopping with worry over the boy lying comfortably on the bed next to him.

 

He didn’t know when Jimin would wake up but he desperately needed to talk to Jin and Hoseok right now. The pair needed to know because they were the only ones besides Yoongi who could possibly find a way to help Jimin. Yoongi didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know if he should tell Jimin or not. He was at a complete loss and for the mean time, he was just filled with fear.

 

For the next four hours, Yoongi stewed in his thoughts as he waited for Jimin to wake up. He knew the younger was in the other universe and he knew a little about what happened in the morning, so he didn’t feel too anxious just yet, but just thinking about the boy getting hurt eventually because of his powers was causing Yoongi to fidget in his seat. They were not meant to be in that world, Yoongi realized, it would only lead to bad things. Neither he nor Jimin belonged there.

 

“Hyung…?” Jimin mumbles sleeply. When Yoongi looked at him, his mind was completely wiped clean of any fear and was instead filled with a new emotion. Looking at Jimin’s tired face was impossibly adorable, his eyes nearly closed as he stretched and yawned. Yoongi was quick to stifle his chuckle at the boy as he knew he would be questioned and he didn’t feel like answering just yet.

 

A good few minutes later, Jimin had completely woken up. He smiled at Yoongi sweetly and wished him a good morning, saying he could get ready in a few minutes. He went down to his closet to grab his clothes to change. Yoongi’s eyes trailed behind Jimin as the boy moved back and forth between his closet, his bathroom and his desk. Eventually, Yoongi got up as well, quickly getting himself ready and putting on his clothes from yesterday. Before he knew it, the both of them were completely ready and sitting back on the window seat.

 

“Are you going to go back home?” Jimin asks him quietly. Yoongi shakes his head.

 

“No,” he tells him, “I was actually going to go talk to Hoseok and Jin. Like he said yesterday, we need to talk about everything that happened.”

 

Jimin nodded his head, looking down, “Yeah, all of us need to talk.”

 

Suddenly Jimin makes a noise like he remembered something, “Ah, hyung! Actually, something strange happened in the other universe. The other Jimin--”

 

“--was inside your head with you?” Yoongi completes his sentence much to the shock of the other boy, “I saw it in one of my visions.”

 

“You did?” Jimin asks in awe. Yoongi nods his head. And that wasn’t all that he saw.

 

“I think we should round everybody up so we can talk. We have….quite a bit of things to talk about,” Yoongi says, strongly wishing he didn’t have to tell the others and make them fret. He was already doing enough for everybody.

 

*********

 

Yoongi had contacted Hoseok and he had met Jin and Namjoon at the gates to their school. They had needed a place where they could talk without anyone overhearing them. Jin had told them that there was a classroom underneath the bulk of this building that was completely abandoned. No classes were taught there and it was used for storage of old school supplies. When the boys gathered inside, they found the area had definitely not been touched in awhile. The floor was dusty and all the chairs and desks had been shoved to the side. There were large windows lining the walls, letting in some much needed natural light. It was a good thing too because when Yoongi tried to flip the switch to turn on the overhead lights, they found all of them were completely burnt out.

 

Namjoon and Jin grabbed ahold of some of the chairs and desks and shoved them into a small little gathering so that all of them could sit and talk. A few of the chairs were attached to the desks, so a few of them rested their elbows upon them as they waited for the rest of their group to get there.

 

They had to wait for Jungkook and Taehyung to get there so in the meantime they were just chatting amongst themselves. Hoseok had brought food and was currently sharing a large box of pizza with Namjoon and Jimin. Yoongi would have joined in, but he found he needed to talk to Jin.

 

He tapped the older boy and the shoulder and leaned down quietly to ask if he could talk to him. Yoongi couldn’t ignore the stares of the other three boys sitting around on the desks. Yoongi knew that Hoseok had figured out everything the moment the two had seen each other this morning, so he didn’t have to worry about him not blurting it to everyone else just yet.

 

Jimin had been looking at him strangely since they left the house that morning. He didn’t know why or what it was about but he hoped the younger wasn’t suspicious. Yoongi couldn’t really tell him anything. At least not yet.

 

So when Jin agreed to talk and walked to the other side of the long room with him, Yoongi was careful to choose his words.

 

“Something happened in the other universe,” Yoongi says softly turning his body at an angle so that no one could see what he and Jin were talking about, “Jimin had two consciousness’ in one head.”

 

Jin nods, “Yeah. I know. I was there.”

 

Yoongi shakes his head, “That’s not what I meant. I mean after we switched them back. This time when Jimin went to sleep, both Jimin’s were in his head.”

 

Jin stares at him in silence, his eyes moving back and forth between Yoongi’s.

 

“And it wasn’t causing him pain?” Jin asks, his face slowly morphing into one of confusion.

 

Yoongi shakes his head, pursing his lips.

 

“He was fine,” Yoongi whispers, “He was controlling the body, but the other Jimin was still in his head and able to see and hear and communicate with Jimin. Is this something that can happen with his powers? He said that you were the one who read the book on reality hopping.”

 

Jin looks down, biting his lip. The boy was trying to remember something which meant that whatever was happening to Jimin, it wasn’t a common occurrence in the world of Bestowed with similar powers.

 

“It’s possible,” Jin says after a moment, “but it’s not supposed to be painless. Every account I’ve read has stated excruciating pain whenever the two minds collided, so Jimin should not be okay right now if that was the case.”

 

“That’s not the only thing,” Yoongi quickly says, “I had a vision of their future.”

 

“You did?”

 

“Yes,” Yoongi rushes out, “and Jimin...he got hurt. Badly. It resulted in him getting trapped in that body. He wasn’t able to sleep at all and eventually his body just...collapsed. Short circuited like it ran out of energy. Jin, he wasn’t able to come home at all,” Yoongi voice was starting to increase in volume and he had to hold himself back from getting too emotional should it draw attention to them.

 

Jin’s eyes were wide as he looked at Yoongi with an equally unnerving expression, “….Yoongi, this is really bad. The last time I read about this happening it was to a woman nearly a hundred years ago. She traveled to her other reality and ended up getting into a really bad accident that caused her severe brain damage. She ended up being trapped inside her alter’s broken body for the rest of her life, unable to return back to her own reality.”

 

“Are you saying that’s what’s going to happen to Jimin?” Yoongi asks, his voice deathly still. Jin doesn’t make a single move.

 

“If based on what you are telling me is true, then it just might.”

 

Yoongi shakes his head vehemently, “No, we can’t let that happen. We can’t.” Yoongi looks up, “Jimin’s choices change their future. If we can get Jimin to somehow decide to stop going back to that universe, he’ll be safe.”

 

“Yoongi,” Jin sighs, “It’s not that simple. Jimin’s barely got any sort of grasp on his powers. It’s connected to his emotions, he has to find some sort of strong emotional reason, some sort of force, that would allow him to finally control when and if he goes to the other universe. He has to find that emotional balance that would make him want to stay here.”

 

If a lightbulb could go off over Yoongi’s head it would have in that moment.

 

“His--”

 

“Hey guys!” two voices called to them as they entered the room. Jungkook and Taehyung filed in, each carrying a takeout bag with food. The three other boys, who had since finished their pizza, rejoiced (and loudly) as the other boys entered the room. The noise was enough of a distraction to quickly put an end to Jin and Yoongi’s conversation.

 

Jin gave him a stern look and then immediately walked back over to where the rest of the guys were, eating chicken and drinking the Chilsung cider Taehyung and Jungkook had brought along with them.

 

After they finish eating and chatting, the mood turned serious as Jin cleared his throat.

 

“So...I think there are some things that we all need to talk about,” he says. Everyone in the room was listening attentively, heads nodding and concentrated.

 

“First off, I will explain about our...abilities,” Jin says, “I will explain mine first and then I’ll give the others a chance to explain theirs. Please know that it actually against the law of our kind to tell these secrets to people who are not Bestowed. You must guard this knowledge with your life and if you tell anyone, there will be dire consequences.”

 

Taehyung and Jungkook, the only ones in the room who didn’t have powers, quickly made it known how they would never tell a living soul and that they would die before they told their secret. Jin seemed satisfied and Hoseok was quick to reassure that the two were sincere.

 

“Ok,” Jin says, “So as a few of you know, I come from a long line of Bestowed people. This is actually a pretty uncommon thing in our community. Usually, a Bestowed person is the only one in their family or one of two, but never more than that. You see, most people gain their abilities after a strong emotional upheaval or trauma of some sort. My family is one of the rare ones that specifically match Bestowed pairings together in order to produce offspring that are guaranteed to become Bestowed around the time of puberty. Which is often the cause of a great deal of emotional stress for young people.”

 

Everyone was staring at Jin with surprised eyes. This was news to everyone, even Yoongi.

 

“My power is Aura reading,” Jin continues, “That means I can see the negative and positive emotions that make up a person’s self in the form of colors surrounding the body. Aura’s are very nimble, flexible things. They flare with emotion and they stretch out towards people who we are close to, towards people who we are connected with or meant to be connected with--” Jin glances at Yoongi and Jimin.

 

“If you are Bestowed there is a ring of white light surrounded the outermost layer of your aura,” Jin explains, “That’s how I was able to tell right away that Jimin was Bestowed and similarly with Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok once I got close enough. Yeah, that’s about it for me.”

 

Jin turns to Namjoon, “Your turn.”

 

Namjoon sits up slightly in his chair, “I got my powers when I was 16. As you all know my ability is perception manipulation. But it’s only in regards to myself. Basically, I can make myself look like the hottest person on the planet in everyone’s eyes but I can’t make you think the weather is different or something is there when it’s not.”

 

Namjoon adds, “I can also make myself invisible but that takes a lot of concentration because I have to change multiple people’s perceptions at one time.” Namjoon pauses, “And that’s about it for explaining my power.”

 

“Whoooaa,” Yoongi heard Jungkook sigh lowly as the younger looked at Namjoon. Said boy turns his head towards Hoseok.

 

Hoseok clears his throat, glancing at Yoongi, “I got my powers at eleven, a little before I met Yoongi.”

 

“Wait, you guys knew each other that long?” Taehyung blurts. Hoseok nods.

 

“We kind of..” he glances at Yoongi, knowing full well that they shouldn’t get too much into the details of their sob story past, “...grew up together.”

 

That seems to satisfy the group.

 

“Anyways,” Hoseok starts again, “I can read minds. And when I choose I can project my own thoughts and memories into other people’s minds. I, however, cannot manipulate anyone’s mind. If you hear my voice in your head you will know automatically that it is me. In the same vein, my mind can’t be controlled.”

 

“So basically, you are impervious to Yoongi’s power,” Jin says in summarization.

 

“So, wait, what exactly is Yoongi’s power?” Jungkook asks.

 

Yoongi feels a cold shiver run through his body. He doesn’t really want to talk about his powers but he knows he has to eventually.

 

Instead Jimin speaks up, “I think I should explain my power first. It’ll help with explaining Yoongi’s.”

 

Yoongi looks to Jimin, trying to fight the gush of affection he feels wash over him.

 

“I came into my power really recently. Like...right when I moved here it started and I had no idea what was happening, I thought it was all just crazy dreams, but then people I had never met before like Hoseok started showing up” Jimin starts, “ luckily Jin explained to me all about the Bestowed and I learned that this place that I thought was a dream...was actually an alternate reality.”

 

Everyone in the room looks at Jimin with awe.

 

“I can’t really control my ability. I end up hopping back and forth in between these realms whenever I fall asleep. I’ve been trying to find a way to control when and how long I travel over but so far it’s been….really complicated,” Jimin explains looking around at the room, “I learned from Jin that I have the ability to take someone with me when I reality hop and I managed to do it once but I have no idea how.”

 

“So it seems you have your memories back,” Hoseok comments.

 

Jimin nods, “Yeah, Yoongi gave them back to me last night.”

 

“And it didn’t cause any other complications?” Jin asks, raising his eyebrows.

 

Jimin’s lip twitches and he rings hands together.

 

“Well, as you know, the reason I was in so much pain the other day was because I had the mind of the other version of me inside my head at the same time that I was there,” Jimin says.

 

“That’s why you were convulsing so badly?” Namjoon questions. Jimin nods.

 

“But then last night, I went back…” Jimin says slowly, “...and it happened again.”

 

Jimin looks up expecting people to look surprised. The only people who were were Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook.

 

“Did you have another attack?” Taehyung asks with concern in his voice.

 

Jimin shakes his head, “That’s the thing, I was fine. Yoongi was there, he can attest to that.”

 

Yoongi fidgets uncomfortably.

 

“I don’t know what that means for me, but at least I’m not stealing his body anymore,” Jimin actually looks relieved saying these words, “My dad is okay. He’s the hospital under critical care but he didn’t die. It’s not really looking too good for him at the moment but at least I don’t have that on my conscience anymore.”

 

Yoongi didn’t know why but he had a sinking feeling about all of this. It was unexplainable but it was there.

 

“You know,” Jin interrupts, “There is a technique you can try that I’ve read has worked for reality hoppers in the past. Before you go to sleep, you concentrate on just how much time you want to have passed until you go there. It seems to me like you might have enough emotional balance at this point to at least try.”

 

Jimin nods, telling Jin that he would try that for sure that night.

 

“But what does Yoongi have to do with any of this?” Jungkook asks suddenly, obviously still confused about some parts of this conversation. Jimin blushes slightly, avoiding looking over to the side where Yoongi was sitting.

 

“He saved me,” he says quietly, “when I was in so much pain and so close to just collapsing, he used his powers to save me.”

 

Now everyone’s eyes were on him, and Yoongi wasn’t feeling too good. He took a deep breath in, not exactly releasing it. It was time. He needed to tell everyone so he might as well just let it go and get it out there as quickly and painlessly as possible.

 

“I have shadow manipulation. Had it since I was 12. I can use my shadow to control anyone else’s and in turn control your mind. I can control and manipulate your actions, thoughts and memories. Except Hoseok. My powers are extremely dangerous and the only way I can control them is by not using them at all,” Yoongi explains to the deadly silent room, “Because my shadow is present in every reality throughout time, I can also see glimpses of the other universe in which Jimin mentioned he travels back and forth from. I see sporadic glimpses of the things currently happening there and when I sleep I can also see more vivid details and even snippets of their future. But those have started to change ever since Jimin got his powers and started effecting that universe. Now that future is changing and I just take the punches as they come.”

 

“Like Jimin mentioned before,” Yoongi continues, “he could take someone over to the other realm with him. I think he manage to take me without much conscious effort because I already had an idea of how to get there and what I had to do to make it happen. When he had that panic attack the other morning I just...let my shadow take his memories…” Yoongi was looking down now, desperately wanting to not be there at the moment, but he knew he had to get everything out. It was now or never, “but I managed to give them back.”

 

The room was silent for the longest time. Everyone seemed to be processing the new information they had just learned. No one breaks the silence until Taehyung asks in a quiet voice.

 

“What’s this other universe like?”

 

That...was a good question.

 

Jimin smiles to himself and Yoongi’s heart felt conflicted.

 

“You are all there,” he says, “We are a part of a band call Bangtan Seonyeondan or BTS. We are pretty popular internationally and getting there domestically.”

 

Jimin turns to his right where Hoseok was sitting, “You are our lead dancer and a rapper.”

 

He goes down the line explaining how Yoongi was their talented producer and rapper, Jungkook was a multi-talented maknae, Taehyung was their soulful singer, and Jin was their oldest hyung with a beautiful voice.

 

He turned to Namjoon who was sitting on his other side, “And you are our leader and one of our three amazing rappers. Big Hit brought us together.”

 

“Whoa…” Jungkook sits up straighter and Namjoon’s eyes widen, “Did you just say Big Hit? As in Big Hit Entertainment? That’s an actual company in this world. This can’t be a coincidence.”

 

“It’s not,” Hoseok says, “Yoongi and I are currently trainees there. I am training as a dancer and rapper, like Jimin said and Yoongi is an amazing lyricist, composer and rapper, he’s learning everything else right now. We’ve known about this universe for years and surprisingly enough...our interests line up pretty similarly.”

 

Taehyung smacks Jungkook’s thigh, “Aren’t you gonna tell them?”

 

“Tell us what?” Jin asks.

 

Hoseok’s face lights up with recognition, “I knew I recognized you!”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jimin asks, now more on edge.

 

“He got an email this morning from Big Hit Entertainment,” Taehyung starts to explain.

 

“I passed my audition,” Jungkook tells them, “I’m officially a trainee there starting today.”

 

Every jaw dropped except for Hoseok who was smiling as wide as humanly possible and clapping like a seal on steroids.

 

“You actually auditioned?” Namjoon asks in shock.

 

Jungkook nods enthusiastically, “Tae was supposed to audition with me but he chickened out last minute--” he turns to Taehyung, “--You are gonna audition next time. This is a sign that you are obviously going to get in.”

 

“I can’t believe you auditioned,” Namjoon mumbles under his breath. Jin turns to him.

 

“Namjoon-ah,” he says, “Wasn’t that the company you told me you wanted to audition for?”

 

Now the attention was on the blond man next to Jimin. Yoongi wondered if he would use his powers and divert the attention away from him. If Yoongi was Namjoon, he would have done it in a heartbeat.

 

I…” Namjoon swallows, “Ok, I had actually planned on auditioning the other day but I stopped myself because I felt like wanting to do this...becoming an idol would bring shame to the world we come from,” he looks to Yoongi, “as an underground rapper.”

 

Yoongi knew the feeling. And he knew exactly what to say to Namjoon.

 

“Honestly…” Yoongi starts, “I just wanted people to hear my voice and to hear my music. And...I had hoped that by doing this I could create a link between the underground and popular music. I didn’t like the reality of living as a starving artist while other versions of myself were living large in another world doing what I couldn’t make happen for myself.”

 

He glances at Hoseok, “It was easier when Hoseok auditioned to just tell myself it was now or never and audition. And I’m really thankful I did because I took my own future into my own hands and I know, regardless of what happens in the other universe, I know that this...this is mine.”

 

Namjoon smiles at him.

 

“Well, there’s no way I can’t audition now,” Taehyung grins jumping up and running over to Namjoon, and attaching him to his side in a awkwardly cute hug, “Will you audition with me, hyuuunnngggggg?”

 

“Well...I…” Namjoon looks over to Jin. Taehyung follows his line of vision.

 

He gasps and stands up, “Jin and Jimin have to audition too!”

 

“What?” Jin splutters, “I can’t audition, there’s no way I would get in.”

 

“Oh come on, hyung,” Jungkook argues, “You were the one just preaching about finding happiness and emotional stability.”

 

“And if the rest of us audition and we get in then we can take the same name as Bangtan and then we can have our own band!!!” Taehyung bounces up and down, looking back and forth between all of them.

 

Yoongi looks towards Jimin who looks like he was seriously considering it.

 

Jin sighs, “I’m up for it if you two are,” he says looking at Namjoon and Jimin.

 

Namjoon finally gives in and it’s up to Jimin to make the final decision. After a few moments of consideration Jimin speaks up.

 

“I’m in.”

 

One second Yoongi was staring at Jimin’s happy face and in the next he was standing outside a hospital room, holding Jimin’s hands as they watched the chaotic scene unfolding in front of them.

 

“Doctor, we need to use the defibrillator stat!” a nurse calls out as several emergency performers rush into the room.

 

There was a nurse frantically performing CPR but all Yoongi could pick up on was the fact that Jimin was sobbing and clutching onto his hand for dear life. His mother had passed out the moment the man’s heart rate had dropped and all the emergency alarms had started shrieking and bouncing off the walls like hideous echoes. She had been taken to another hospital room to get checked on.

 

Yoongi had gone with Jimin this time to go visit his father but nothing could have prepared the pair for this as they watched the man, who Yoongi had grown to know as a kind man who Yoongi saw a lot of Jimin in, die.

 

“He’s flatlining!” The doctor yells, “amp it up two more notches.”

 

Jimin lets out a shuttering gasp and Yoongi couldn’t just let the boy flounder on his own.Yoongi drew him in, hugging him close as the sirens continued to blare from all angles of the room. Yoongi tried to drown out the sounds of the nurses and doctors failing to bring the man back from the edge.

 

Jimin had wound his arms around Yoongi’s waist and was squeezing him tightly as if wishing he could disappear into the other. He hides his face in the crevice of Yoongi’s neck and Yoongi lets him. In fact, he squeezes back, hoping that whatever it was the boy was seeking, he could find that solace in him.

 

Yoongi feels Jimin’s arms slack as dreaded words sound from the other room.

 

“Time of death: 6:12 pm, Cause of death: heart attack.”

 
 
A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter:) 
 
Anyway guys, I actually have something hard that I want to address and I'm really sad that I have to bring this up at all because I thought that this community we all had was stronger and above things like this. A couple of days ago a reader informed me that this story was on Wattpad under a different username and she wanted to check if it was me, because the user was claiming to be me on AFF. The reason I put my stories on here is so that we can all enjoy them as part of the Bangtan fandom and it really makes me feel discouraged if people steal my work and try to pass it off as their own. My work isn't the best, but it's still mine. I've been asked if some of my other stories could be translated into other languages and I allowed it because proper credit was going to be given. But please, please don't take advangtage of the easy access to this story in order to take it and put it on other websites as your own work. The user was cooperative and took it down. I do now have a proper Wattpad account and all of my stories are on there so those who were enjoying this story on there can still read it. I really don't want to have to put stronger security mesures on this story like the subscribers only thing (or leave the site) but if things presist I might just do that. I like AFF and I have had no reason so far to be upset with it, so I'm just saying this now as a PSA for the future.
 
I will continue to post this story here and any future stories but if I come across any more plagiarized work on any other sites that was stolen from this website I might have to take those other measures.
 
I'm sorry for how heavy this was and this was just one bad egg ruining it for the rest of you. Thank you to everyone who has read this story loyally and I just want to say that you all are the best readers. If any of you wish to contact me, you can do so on here or on my tumblr (anonymously if you so desire) here
Unitl next time, my friends :)