My Silence Is My Self Defense

Alternate

A/N: Hey guys. Another chapter for y'alls cuz I know everyone is impatient. I am also impatient. Heeeeeheee....yeahhh....THE IS UP WITH THE SEASON GREETINGS PACKAGE THING?! Like....they look beautiful?? Suga looking evil and y as ing hell?? Jungkook and Tae looking fine as ??? Everyone in suits giving me a mental breakdown???? Bruh, should I buy it? It's not that expensive really....but like...I'm cheap?? And I'm trying to save up for the comeback concert...?? Which I still don't have tickets to by the way, but I might have a couple sources. Then their comeback and then I must buy the album??? LIKE WHAT THE HELL BANGTAN RUINING MY LIFEUUUUUUUUUUUU

 

Credit for the damn title goes to the damn song And So It Goes by Marianas Trench.

 

 

 

 

Chapter Sixteen:

 

When Jimin wakes up the next morning, he expects to be back in the other realm. He looks up expecting to see the bunk bed above his that he had grown used to. Instead, he sees the same familiar white ceiling of his room in his aunt’s house.

 

What the am I still doing here?

 

He was supposed to be in the other realm. Why was he still in his home reality? Panic was starting to rise in Jimin’s throat. Was he stuck here again? Thoughts of never being able to go back to the other realm suddenly rush into his head and he starts to breathe hard, his heartbeat speeding up rapidly.

 

He needed to talk to Jin right away.

 

It was a saturday so that meant that Jimin couldn’t just go to school and hope to find Jin there. He was obviously going to be at home. Hopefully. Jimin sent a quick text to the older as he speedily got ready and rushed out of his house. The aura reader sent a text back just as quickly with his address and a worried question. Jimin ignored it, figuring he’ll just tell the older everything when he gets there.

 

It didn’t take Jimin very long considering how far away Jin lived from his own house. Jimin didn’t know what he should’ve been expecting finally arriving in front of Jin’s house, but he certainly didn’t expect the large white house that shone with the same amount of pristine that their school had. Directly in front of him was an equally large gate with a single guard sitting inside a box right outside. The hell? Just how rich was this family?

 

Jimin quickly made his way over to the guard, not wanting to linger too long in front of the gate and seem suspicious.

 

“Can I help you?” the guard asks, glancing at him up and down. Jimin takes in his own appearance. It was still relatively warm outside so Jimin was wearing a black t-shirt with the words Never Ending Awesome scrawled on it and casual jean shorts that cut off at his knee. He had his usual snap back on as well. He certainly didn’t look like he would be a guest here. Hopefully the guard didn’t reject his entrance.

 

“I’m here to see my friend, Kim Seokjin-hyung?” Jimin ends up phrasing it like a question, not entirely sure how Jin was address here. Probably as ‘Master’ or ‘Sir’.

 

“Mr. Kim Seokjin?” the guard repeats, “he didn’t alert our faculty of any guests--”

 

The phone inside the little booth rings right at that moment. The guard takes one glance at Jimin before moving to pick the phone up. Whoever is on the line must have said something surprising, because the guards eyes snap up to Jimin once again before he murmurs something else before nodding his head and hanging up.

 

“That was Mr. Kim Seokjin just now,” the guard says, “he informed us that he was expecting you.”

 

The guard goes to his computer and inputs some information before pressing a button that causes the large gates in front of him to open.

 

“Please proceed to the front door,” the guard informs him, “someone will be there shortly to assist you.”

 

Jimin nods and bows once at the guard before walking in past the large gates. To his right, there’s a wide parking lot with possibly 5 different cars lined up one after another. Jimin spots the American truck that Jin had drove that one time. To his left, there is a large garden with a mesmerising fountain at it’s center. There are several ahjumma’s working in the garden. They don’t spare him a glance as they continue to work diligently.

 

As Jimin makes his way up the large steps that connect to the wide front porch, Jimin can’t even begin to comprehend how some people live like this. He had thought his aunt’s house was overly lavish--but Jin’s house blew that all out of the way. How was it that Jin hadn’t managed to become a complete douche? Most rich people were, especially young men who grew up to believe that the world was there’s and everyone lived to serve them. The fact that Jin was the complete opposite of that honestly shocked Jimin.

 

As soon as he made it to the large front double doors, Jimin is once again not sure what he is supposed to do. He looks around, but can’t seem to find a doorbell anywhere. Pshh, what kind of modern house doesn’t have doorbell? Jimin thinks to himself.

 

Suddenly the door opens and an old woman steps out. She’s not dressed lavishly so Jimin figures she must work here.

 

“Are you the young man Mr. Kim Seokjin was expecting?” the woman asks, her face straight and intimidating. Jimin can do nothing but clear his throat and nod.

 

“Right this way,” she gestures for him to come inside and Jimin follows behind. She leads him through the massive fourier and past a grand staircase. If anything, this place was just a slightly smaller version of the school--but it surpassed the school with its decoration. On every wall and on every available place of display, sat an impressive painting or an expensive vase or a glass globe or figurine of some kind. Jimin had thought his aunt’s taste was a bit much--it was nothing compared to Jin’s family.

 

Suddenly a figure appears from the top of the staircase. It’s Jin--dressed surprisingly casual for someone who lives in this house.

 

“Thank you, mistress, I can take over from here,” Jin says, his voice calm and authoritative. Despite not being dressed the part, the older holds himself with an heir of importance, his posture looking positively regal. Jimin wondered how someone could look like this at one point and then turn into a quiet, sensitive hyung in the next. This Jin looked nothing like he did at school and absolutely nothing like the Jin from the other realm--the Jin of BTS.

 

The old woman bows at Jin, turning to Jimin and doing the same before walking off in the other direction without another word. Jin has descended the stairs completely by then, now standing directly in front of Jimin.

 

“Jimin, what’s the matter? Why did you text me so suddenly? It sounded like an emergency. Is everything ok?” Jin fires off question after question and Jimin remembers why he was here in the first place. His powers.

 

Then he remembers that Jin’s entire family was Bestowed. Jimin suddenly feels uncomfortable. He didn’t know what any of their powers were and the unknown scared him.

 

“Hyung, I didn’t go this time,” Jimin finally says, “I didn’t go to the other realm. Why didn’t I go? Did my powers stop working? I was there just the other night, but when I went to sleep last night, I woke up here. Still in the same universe--”

 

“Jimin, first of all, calm down,” Jin says, “Now slowly tell me what happened.”

 

“Are my powers gone?” Jimin asks worriedly, getting straight to the point.

 

“No, you’re powers aren’t gone,” Jin answers, “the ring of light around your aura is still as thick and strong as ever.”

 

“But...then why didn’t I go to the other realm last night?” Jimin asks, his voice betraying just how stressed he was over the issue.

 

“I don’t know,” Jin shrugs, “It could be any number of reasons. For one, it could just be that your powers are no longer just randomly pulling you in every direction. It could be that for some reason, you did something that allowed you to not go to the other realm.”

 

“But I didn’t do anything,” Jimin argues, “and besides I want to go to the other realm. Why would I stop myself from going there? I’m actually happy there!”

 

Jin looks a bit stricken. Jimin realizes how insensitive his comments were. He had been getting closer to Jin and the others over these past few weeks and now he had basically yelled at Jin, stating that he would rather be anywhere but here.

 

“I-I didn’t mean it like t-that, Jin-hyung--” Jimin tries to apologize.

 

“It’s okay, Jimin,” Jin answers before Jimin can fully do so, “I understand. For right now, all I can think of is that you need to find a way to control your powers. I don’t exactly know how to train a reality hopper but I’m sure somewhere in the library there’s a book on it. Follow me.”

 

“Okay,” Jimin agrees, even though he still feels guilty for saying the things he said to Jin earlier. He follows the older up the stairs and through the second floor of his house, until the pair reach a large set of double doors. The inside of the library is not as big as the library at the school, but it is still quite large. Every wall is filled with book after book, lined from top to bottom. Jin gestures for him to go in. Jimin follows in after him and marvels at the sheer amount of books that were in here--and all of them about the Bestowed. He could probably stay in here for hours reading up about thousands of years of Bestowed history.

 

“You take that wall and I’ll take this one,” Jin gestures to the wall to the far left.

 

“Isn’t there some sort of way you guys have these organized. Like by power or something?” Jimin asks. Jin shrugs his shoulders.

 

“Not really,” Jin says, “unlike the library at school, this one is run the old fashion way. There’s no computer connected to a system to tell us where exactly a book is. They’re in order by author name, not subject, so we’re basically playing an elaborate game of hide and seek.”

 

Jimin tries not to grumble and instead goes over to the wall Jin had pointed at him to go to. There’s a large ladder that leads all the way up to the top shelf. Jimin wonders if he should start at the top and work his way down or the other way around. Ultimately, he decides to start at the top. Jimin climbs up the ladder and picks up the first book to the farthest right.

 

A History of the Bestowed by Ae Jaekyung

 

This might be helpful, Jimin thinks to himself. He opens the book, hoping to find something like a table of contents. There’s nothing on reality hoppers, but more about battles fought between the Bestowed and the non Bestowed and that was why they didn’t normally tell normal people about their powers. Jimin would normally find this fascinating, but it was not what he was looking for. He puts the book back and picks up the next one.

 

Telekinesis: The Do’s and Don’t’s by Ahn Boyoung

 

Nope, Jimin thinks, that’s not what I need either. Jimin continues to pick up book after book, scanning the contents. He must have picked up a dozen books by now and he still couldn’t find anything on reality hopping. He knew that Jin had said that his power wasn’t necessarily common, but he didn’t know that meant that there was almost no information about his power. He had picked up a book about aura reading next. He wanted to read it badly. He was dying to know more about Jin’s power, but alas, it still wasn’t what he was looking for. Still Jimin climbed down the ladder and placed it off to the side to look at later.

 

He climbs back up the ladder and gets back to work. He finally starts to reach the middle of the wall, when he glances over at Jin and finds that the other is still looking just as hard for a book himself. Jimin turns back his attention to his own wall of books. He looks down and sees he still has a long way to go before he finishes looking through this wall. Jimin ends up going through the whole wall within the next two hours and finds jack squat.

 

“Jin-hyung, have you found anything?” Jimin asks, “I haven’t found anything on reality hopping yet.”

 

“I’ve seen a few books that mentioned your power in it, but nothing in detail. There’s a book somewhere that has specifics, I know it. We just have to keep looking,” Jin answers. Jimin grumbles again but makes sure that the older can’t see him. He moves the ladder up and over to the next wall of books.

 

He climbs all the way up to the top of the next wall and starts again. By the time he reaches the end of the first shelf, a small flimsy book catches his attention. Unlike all the other books, it wasn’t thick at all, and wasn’t bound like a normal book. There were a few older books that he had come across that were handwritten but they were all history books. Jimin thinks that this one will be like that too, however, he grabs the book and opens it anyway. Unlike in all the other books, there is no table of contents and the first page starts off with an address, almost as if it’s a letter. Jimin reads it quickly, but nothing really stands out to him. That is until two words blare out to him at the bottom of the page.

 

Shadow Manipulator

 

This was a book about shadowing manipulating! This book might have some information on Yoongi and his powers! Jimin immediately forgets that he was initially supposed to be looking for books about his own power, immediately enraptured with this new book. Instead he starts to read the book in his hands.

 

It is not a natural power, they said. Everyone who has ever had this Bestowed upon them has become mad with power, they said. It happened to his father and it will surely happen to him as well. These are the words that constantly surround me as I grow further into this pregnancy and closer to birth. How can I, as a mother, let my son grow up in a world full of people who will look down upon him for a part of himself that he cannot control? How can I, as a woman and a fellow human being, let this innocent child go through his life believing he is unnatural in a world of unnaturals? How can I? The answer is simple. I can’t. I refuse. I will not--

 

“Hey, Jimin, I found something!” Jin calls to him out of nowhere. Jimin jerks back, startled and almost falls off the ladder, letting out an unmanly scream that he would forever deny should Jin ever mention it.

 

“Whoa! Careful!” Jin says, calming down when he sees Jimin has a strong grip on the ladder again, “Anyway, you can stop looking now. I found the book about reality hoppers.”

 

“Really?” Jimin questions as Jin nods his head. Jin’s eyes land on the book in Jimin’s hands.

 

“What’s that?”

 

Jimin jerks and looks down at the book/journal in his hands. The book about shadow manipulators. Jimin absolutely needed to read more about this. Yoongi knew enough about his own but Jimin knew that there was more to all of this--more to Yoongi--than they both knew.

 

“This?” Jimin shrugs his shoulders with false nonchalance, “It’s nothing useful.” Jimin turns around to pretend like he’s putting the book back. He glances over his shoulder and sees Jin has turned away from him and is now focused on reading the book in his hands. Taking his chance, Jimin quickly pockets the book inside a large pocket on the inside lining of his jacket. Jimin then walks down the ladder and goes up to Jin.

 

“What’d you find?” Jimin asks.

 

“It’s a book about reality hoppers,” Jin asks, “but it looks pretty dense. I’ll give it a read later and then get back to you if I find anything about your powers. For right now, I think you’ll be fine. Unless there was anything in particular that you needed to search for?”

 

“Should we try to find a way to train me? So that my powers aren’t so out of control and I’m not jumping to different realities at random times?” Jimin brings up. Jin nods.

 

“That’s probably a good idea,” Jin agrees. With that Jimin and Jin make plans for Jin to read the book and contact him later if he finds anything on his powers and what to do to train him. Jimin heads home, keen on going home quickly so that he can read the book about shadow manipulators in peace. He didn’t know why he didn’t want Jin to know what the book had to say, but he somehow felt like it was important that the older not find out--at least, not yet.

 

So with that, Jimin left Jin’s house. If he was being honest, he was glad to leave. There was a strange air about Jin’s house and Jimin felt like something was off. He couldn’t put his finger on what it was though. Maybe it was the fact that so many other Bestowed lived there and Jimin could subconsciously feel the power radiating throughout the veins of the house--in more ways that one. But Jimin didn’t meet any of his family members, and he wasn’t sure if he ever wanted to. Either way, Jimin didn’t really want to stay any longer. He thinks that he’d prefer to meet Jin outside of his house from now on.

 

Jimin makes his way home quickly. Hugging the book in his jacket tightly to his chest. He was surprised that Jin hadn’t caught him trying to sneak the book out, but apparently Jimin had managed to be sneaky enough. Or Jin knew and was choosing to allow him to think that he was still ignorant. Either way, Jimin still had to get home and read the book as soon as possible. That was his priority right now.

 

Just an hour ago, Jimin had been scared about losing his powers, but he could feel it deep inside, that his ability was still there. Hearing it from Jin’s mouth had reassured him as well. Because of that, he was content to focus on his raging curiosity surrounding Yoongi and his shadow manipulating ability. Jimin starts to think about the small snippet he had read in that book.

 

“It is not a natural power”

 

“How can I, as a mother, let my son grow up in a world full of people who will look down upon him for a part of himself that he cannot control?”

 

“Unnatural in a world of unnaturals”

 

Everything he had read had been hinting at him that to the Bestowed world, Shadow Manipulating was a dangerous power and that anyone with it was equally as dangerous. But Jimin was still confused by everything that he had read. It was from the point of view of a woman who had been married to a shadow manipulator and was going to have a baby? Jimin still didn’t know anything, so he would just have to wait until he got home so he could read the rest of the journal.

 

He finally makes it back to his house, quickly running up the stairs and settling into his bed to read.

 

The life of a shadow manipulator has never been easy. Because of their power, no one trusts them or even themselves around one, because the shadow manipulator could be controlling them without them even knowing it. And yet, when I met Min Yoonhyun, I learned all about the woes that Bestowed Shadow Manipulators face.

 

According to Yoonhyun, his great uncle was a shadow manipulator as well. He had a wife and a newborn daughter. When their daughter suddenly caught the illness and died, it caused his uncle a great deal of grief. It triggered his Bestowed ability. It is uncommon to trigger Bestowed abilities later in life so the family was very surprised to see that his uncle even had any powers. His wife, having been from another prestigious Bestowed family, was horrified when she found out was her husband could do. His uncle lost his family and was shunned by the rest of society for fear of what he could do. According to Yoonhyun, his uncle wasn’t the only one who was shunned by society. Countless others had been too, and the most recent addition to this group, was my Min Yoonhyun.

 

Yoonhyun’s younger brother died and his power was triggered when he was ten years old. A ten year old. And he was cast out of his house by his parents to live in a old abandoned house in the mountains where he would be cut off from everyone else. It’s only a miracle I managed to meet him and we were to fall in love. But then my parents found out. They forbade me from seeing Yoonhyun. They told me he was controlling my shadow and that I did not actually love him; it was his powers influence over me. And yet...I knew it wasn’t. I know what it’s like to be manipulated. I’ve only lived with it every day with my parents. Their faces when they found out I was pregnant with Yoonhyun’s child….it scared me more than any power Yoonhyun may possess.

 

They wanted me to have an abortion. I refused. They locked me away in the basement and even still, I used all the life force available in my body to protect my child. Unbeknownst to me, Yoonhyun had gotten word of my condition and had become extremely angry. In his attempts to free me and our child, he used his powers on my mother. He commanded her to free me as my father watched from the shadows. Yoonhyun did not see him. When my mother retrieved me and I saw Yoonhyun for the first time, it was the happiest moment in my life. He took a step towards me and---

 

My father shot him. He died right there in my arms as I wept uncontrollably for the love of my life and the child I was to have that would never know his father. With Yoonhyun gone, my family had no need to lock me up any more. Even though I hated them with every fiber of my being, they provided me the care I needed to make sure my baby was born healthy. I found out the child was to be a boy. I was already so in love with my son, that I didn’t realize the trouble that was on the horizon. My parents would not force me to get an abortion under the condition that I either keep the child locked away and never allow him to venture into regular society or I kill him.

 

Shadow Manipulator.

 

It is not a natural power, they said. Everyone who has ever had this Bestowed upon them has become mad with power, they said. It happened to his father and it will surely happen to him as well. These are the words that constantly surround me as I grow further into this pregnancy and closer to birth. How can I, as a mother, let my son grow up in a world full of people who will look down upon him for a part of himself that he cannot control? How can I, as a woman and a fellow human being, let this innocent child go through his life believing he is unnatural in a world of unnaturals. How can I? The answer is simple. I can’t. I refuse. I will not condemn my son to a life where he will never see the life of day just because of a power he may or not have.

 

And I refuse to kill him. But I have no choice. I have to find a way to save him. Some way to get him out of here, I can’t let this unborn child die or live the life of a dead person. I--I can’t. Oh--oh my goodness, my stomach, it-- No, no this can’t be happening right now. I think my--- my water broke. My----

 

The page broke off into a series of strangled scribbles and Jimin realizes that this woman had been writing in this journal all the way up until she had given birth. What about the child? What happened to him? Jimin turned the page. There was another entry marked a few weeks after the last one.

 

My son is beautiful. The most beautiful being in existence. He has his father’s eyes--so deep and bottomless. I find myself forgetting my woes when I look into the eyes of my son. He’s only several weeks old, but he’s already so smart. He can already move a lot on his own and it makes me heart swell with love. My beautiful baby...I named him after his father, Min Yoon--

 

The writing cut off and there was nothing more for that day. Jimin turned to the next page.

 

It’s happening. They finally gave me the ultimatum. Kill him or isolate him for life. If I isolate him, he will grow up in just as much pain as his father. If I kill him...no, I can never kill him. But I can’t hide him away either. So I will do what must be done.

 

That was it for the rest of entry. Jimin turns to the next page but there is nothing there. Jimin turns another page and another and still nothing. No! There had to be more than this somewhere! Jimin thumbs through the rest of the journal and suddenly something slips out of the back cover.

 

A newspaper clipping.

 

March 30th 1993

 

Local Bestowed Woman Drowns Shadow Manipulator Son in the River

 

A picture of a bridge is shown as well as a small caption under it.

 

Moon Nahee had constant dreams of dark shadows after being impregnated against her will by the last known shadow manipulator. After he perished, she had her son, but because she was afraid of what her baby would become, she drowned him in the river under the bridge approximately three weeks after he was born. The son was the last person to be known from a shadow manipulator family, meaning that there are no other shadow manipulators currently known. Hopefully, this means the Bestowed world as well as the human world will remain safe from any future shadow manipulators.

 

Then on another newspaper clipping, clipped to the one he just read--was an obituary. For Moon Nahee. The woman had died after catching pneumonia several weeks after drowning her son. Reports say it was because she had been caught in the rain on that night and had succumbed to her illness.

 

And that’s it. Jimin’s mind was reeling. He didn’t exactly know how to take in the information he had just read. The last known shadow manipulator? That wasn’t possible. Jimin knew a shadow manipulator. He was friends with him. Yoongi was---

 

Wait a minute.

 

Moon Nahee and Min Yoonhyun. Those were the names of the two people who had the child. The woman had started to say the baby’s name before she was cut off. Jimin flips back to the page.

 

Min Yoon--

 

No. No way. This couldn’t be….couldn’t be Yoongi’s mother’s journal? Yoongi couldn’t have been the baby drowned in the river under the bridge because he was alive and fine right now. And besides everything he had read in the journal meant that the woman had loved her baby and would never hurt him. All of this meant that the woman had faked the death of her child--that was the only plausible solution. And then the woman had died. He had no way of proving any of this was actually about Yoongi. That is unless he called and asked him.

 

Jimin automatically reached for his phone when all of a sudden it starts to ring in his hand. Jimin, slightly startled, picks it up and reads the caller ID. It’s Jin.

 

“Hello,” Jimin says in a shaky voice.

 

“Jimin!” Jin chirps, “Guess what? I found some good information!”

 

Jin doesn’t even let Jimin get a word in before he’s goes off on his tangent.

 

“Ok, so, first of all, there is a way to control your powers. It’s just involves a lot of meditation and learning to control your strong emotions.”

 

“And how am I supposed to do that?” Jimin questions, finally paying attention to what the older was saying, “It’s not like I can suddenly turn my emotions off.”

 

“No, but you can learn how to not let them affect you physically. Meaning, not let them give you anxiety attacks that lead you to hop to the other reality...or in this case, stop you from hopping,” Jin answers, “and Jimin--”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I found something really interesting.”

 

Jimin’s interest piques. “Really? What?”

 

“I don’t know if I should tell you about it,” Jin answers truthfully. Jimin runs a heavy hand down his face.

 

“You can’t just tell me things like that and then refuse to tell me,” Jimin states, “I can handle it, I swear.”

 

Jin makes an unsure noise, “Ok, fine.”

 

“According to this book, reality hoppers can control which reality they go to and how long they stay,” Jin starts.

 

“Wait, are you serious?!” Jimin shoots up to his feet, “ I can choose?”

 

“Listen to me, Jimin, it’s not that easy,” Jin pipes in, “You can only control how long you stay in a reality if you’ve become neutral to both worlds.”

 

“What does that mean?” Jimin questions, utterly confused.

 

“It means...that you can’t be biased towards one world over the other,” Jin starts, a knowing tone in his voice, “you have to become so that you don’t favor the other realm over this one. Once you become truly neutral, then you can travel to and from the two realms whenever you please.”

 

“....and how exactly am I gonna be able to do that, Jin?” Jimin feels his heart sinking, “I don’t know how to not want to go there. My mind constantly drifts back to that world and I can’t stop myself from wanting to be there all of the time.”

 

“Jimin…” Jin starts, his voice quiet and tentative. Jimin’s immensely glad he can’t see Jin’s face, because he knows that it would be hurt and somehow sad that Jimin doesn’t care as much for this world as he does the other. “Maybe you should try to find some peace and happiness in this realm and then maybe--just maybe--you can start to gain better control over your powers.”

 

“Hyung...I’m sor--” Jimin breathes, but is cut off.

 

“Don’t apologize, Jimin,” Jin says suddenly, “It’s not your fault that you are happier there than you are here. You can’t control who or what ultimately makes you happy.”

 

Jimin wants to apologize. He wants to say that he is sorry for dragging Jin into this. He wants to say sorry that he can’t bring himself to want to stay in this world. But Jimin knows it would all be useless. So instead, Jimin says something else.

 

“I’ll try,” Jimin sighs, “I’ll try to be happy here, Jin.”

 

Jimin can feel Jin smiling through the receiver even though he can’t see him.

 

“Ok,” Jin sighs, relieved, “Oh and Jimin, there’s one more thing. This isn’t really about controlling your powers but it’s an aspect of your powers.” Jimin asks him what it is.

 

“The book on reality hoppers also states that they can bring another person’s conscious to the other realm with them,” Jin says.

 

“Are you serious right now?”

 

“But there are a few limitations--” Jin starts, “that person has to be Bestowed. They also have to be a part of your life in the other realm and they can only stay as long as you do.”

 

“So...I could bring you with me if I wanted,” Jimin says.

 

“Yeah,” Jin says.

 

“Or Hoseok...or even Yoongi,” Jimin breathes, his pulse racing. The line goes quiet for a few seconds.

 

“Yes,” Jin finally says, “in theory, you could bring them if you wanted.”

 

“Is there any other useful information in that book, Jin?” Jimin asks. Jin tells him that there was nothing more really, but he’ll keep looking and if he finds anything else, he’ll let him know. Jin’s about to hang up with the promise to talk to him later when Jimin stops him.

 

“Jin?” Jimin voices.

 

“Yeah?” Jin asks.

 

“Thank you,” Jimin says, his voice strained, “for helping me. Both in this world--and in the other one. You’ve been a constant and...it’s really helped me a lot.”

 

“Of course, Jimin-ah,” Jin starts, “I’ll always help you. You’re my friend. I always help my friends.”

 

 

 

A/N: The more I write for this story, the more I feel like I'm confusing people. UUGGHHH, do y'alls ever get that feel like you're inadequate whenever you read a really good fanfic with an amazing author and then you look back at your own work like ??? I need to step my game up.

 

I would really like to take this time to thank everyone sincerly for reading this and actually taking the time to comment and subscribe like, it really means a lot. I should really be doing homework right now, but you know what, I felt I owed you all a chapter so I hope you like it.

 

Also, guys. I've been coming up with a bunch of other fic ideas recently and I don't know if I should write them out. Like I don't really want to make another long chaptered fic when I'm still working on this and then starting the sequel to Unit: Bulletproof. Should I maybe like make a long one/two shot or should I wait until I'm done with these two fics before making a long chaptered fic out of those other ideas I have? I would really like some opinions of other writers and readers on this. Thanks a bunch guys!